BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Panther ($1.3 Billion Worldwide Box Office)

+2
Rusty
ForeverBlu
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Black Panther ($1.3 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Panther ($1.3 Billion Worldwide Box Office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/31/2018, 1:28 pm

joey con carne wrote:LOL no, I just used their Lord of the Rings character names because I don't know their actual names.

The movie was okay. Not worth a theater viewing. It's only download-worthy if you do not have a bandwidth cap on internet usage. Otherwise, I'd say pass.

Either you were tired or you didn't care about this movie, either way you didn't watch the entire movie. I recommend you watch it again when it comes out. Best villain the MCU has so far which makes the movie up there with the best ones of the MCU.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Black Panther ($1.3 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Panther ($1.3 Billion Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 3/31/2018, 1:56 pm

joey con carne wrote:LOL no, I just used their Lord of the Rings character names because I don't know their actual names.

Ohhh so bad ass Andy Serkis is in the movie, noice. Serkis is not just Smegel but also Cesar king of the apes!
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/31/2018, 11:30 pm

I thought Andy Serkis was actually a great villain but he wasn't THE villain. I didn't care much for Killmonger but I also don't care much for MBJ.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/20/2018, 10:33 pm

WyldeMan wrote:It was racist on both sides, not just to whitey.

The only white people in the movie are in Wakanda to steal their precious minerals.

Ross was there to explore and he wasn't there voluntarily, he was hurt so they took him there to save his life because they have the means.

WyldeMan wrote:At one point I saw some of the Wakandas fighting with spears and clubs regardless of their top of the line weapons being available and some of the tribesman where literally dressed as monkeys.

That's just their culture and tradition. The spears are all made from Vibranium if I'm not mistaken. The people outside of the Wakandan borders are still 3rd world.

WyldeMan wrote:The ruling society of Wakanda doesn't want to let in refugees because it would effect the "purity" of their people.

I don't remember that in the movie, it was to protect the technology from falling into the wrong hands. It's essentially 2 sides of Wakanda, the country itself that is known to the outside world and the technologically advanced Wakanda which is kept secret.

WyldeMan wrote:For such a highly developed society of tech savy free thinkers with the most advanced weaponry in the entire world, all of their problems are solved by mortal combat next to a waterfall and the hero keeps losing and getting his powers back by drinking magic flower water?  Razz Razz Razz

Again, that's just tradition. The hero lost once and proved himself during the first ceremony. Now you're just nitpicking things. You forgot you were watching a superhero movie where magic exists within the same universe (Doctor Strange)......this was not magic however.

WyldeMan wrote:"Colonizer" is the white mans equivalent to "Nigger".

That word was used once and it actually bothered you? I actually laughed at that scene, even Ross was thrown off by it.

WyldeMan wrote:Yes, everything about Killmonger.

Here, I see your point. He was fueled by hatred and a little bit of racism but only as a result of how he grew up so you really can't blame him. I liked the character regardless, best role of MBJ yet in my opinion.

WyldeMan wrote:Black Panther is unquestionably a straight up Nationalist movie masquerading as a comic book movie, everything is WAKANDA WAKANDA WAKANDA over all else and including personal desires and love, it's Nation over all.

It's pure Xenophobic propaganda and it made a killing at the box office, so clearly people just need flashy CGI and they will swallow any agenda they're force fed.

I will say it was over hyped for sure. The money it made, although deserving for what it represents, was not an accurate representation of the quality of the film itself. I think it's one of the best of Marvel's though and I liked the tone of it compared to the usual comedic ones like Thor or Ant-Man. This one was like the Captain America ones, which I love.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/21/2018, 7:29 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Ross was there to explore and he wasn't there voluntarily, he was hurt so they took him there to save his life because they have the means.

The moment whitey knew about the Vibranium everything changed and don't forget about the other white guy in the movie Andy Serkis, who came to Wakanda to steal from them.

UltimateMarvel wrote:I will say it was over hyped for sure. The money it made, although deserving for what it represents, was not an accurate representation of the quality of the film itself. I think it's one of the best of Marvel's though and I liked the tone of it compared to the usual comedic ones like Thor or Ant-Man. This one was like the Captain America ones, which I love.

I haven't seen the majority of Marvel's releases over the last few years, so I can't compare it to the other Marvel movies.

I haven't exactly loved the other Marvel movies I have seen, I don't own any and I couldn't tell you the last one I watched before this but I remember Thor and Jeff Goldblum were in it. Basically these movies don't leave lasting impressions on me and I quickly forget them, so it's not that big of a deal, I'm not going to be posting Black Panther hatred on the interwebs I just didn't care for it and found some things to take issue with but clearly I'm alone, so it ends here. Cool

Family Guy
12 Monkeys
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/21/2018, 10:53 am

WyldeMan wrote:The moment whitey knew about the Vibranium everything changed and don't forget about the other white guy in the movie Andy Serkis, who came to Wakanda to steal from them.

He was clearly a villain and they set him up way back in Avengers Age of Ultron. He was the only one to steal something from Wakanda but they caught him and released him because nobody would believe him anyway. And T'Challa chose to share that information at the end with the world, Ross wasn't going to out them. He saw what it was capable of during the battle. And they were only going to share their science and tech, I don't think they're sharing everything with the world like he said.

WyldeMan wrote:I haven't exactly loved the other Marvel movies I have seen, I don't own any and I couldn't tell you the last one I watched before this but I remember Thor and Jeff Goldblum were in it. Basically these movies don't leave lasting impressions on me and I quickly forget them, so it's not that big of a deal, I'm not going to be posting Black Panther hatred on the interwebs I just didn't care for it and found some things to take issue with but clearly I'm alone, so it ends here. Cool

That is...........simply just unacceptable! Razz
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/23/2018, 1:02 am

I watched this the other night. Wasn't too bad. I will say I think Wylde went into this with his mind made up and watched it with blinders on Cool

MBJ's performance was great, as was the effort by Andy Serkis. Both standouts. Everything else was pretty much run-of-the-mill as far as Marvel/Disney superhero movies go.

Don't believe it deserved the level of praise it received.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/23/2018, 7:57 am

Rusty wrote:I watched this the other night. Wasn't too bad. I will say I think Wylde went into this with his mind made up and watched it with blinders on Cool

MBJ's performance was great, as was the effort by Andy Serkis. Both standouts. Everything else was pretty much run-of-the-mill as far as Marvel/Disney superhero movies go.

Don't believe it deserved the level of praise it received.

Actually, I hadn't even watched a trailer and went into this blind only expecting it to be like other Marvel movies I'd seen but found propaganda instead.

Family Guy
12 Monkeys
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2