Justice League (Huge Financial Disaster for Warner Bros.)

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Justice League (Huge Financial Disaster for Warner Bros.)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 9/24/2017, 12:14 pm

Cutting Lex was the right decision but I would've liked to see Iris.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/24/2017, 6:00 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Cutting Lex was the right decision but I would've liked to see Iris.

As would I , too bad we're never going to see the real Iris West we're only going to get the urban update in every adaptation.
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 10/8/2017, 9:58 am

UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 10/8/2017, 10:01 am

Still not feeling it but the first 40 seconds is beautifully shot. The rest is overfilled with just too much CGI and action.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/8/2017, 12:27 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Still not feeling it but the first 40 seconds is beautifully shot. The rest is overfilled with just too much CGI and action.

Justice League: Painted Whores
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 11/14/2017, 3:05 pm

I just saw the first clip with Danny Elfman's theme in it involving Batman and Gordon and it was very well done. A mix of the old and the new.

Early reactions say the movie is ok overall. The consensus is that the movie is "fun" but we shall see.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 11/14/2017, 3:36 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:I just saw the first clip with Danny Elfman's theme in it involving Batman and Gordon and it was very well done. A mix of the old and the new.

Early reactions say the movie is ok overall. The consensus is that the movie is "fun" but we shall see.

People are going nuts about the Amazonians all being turned into bikini soldiers. They are PISSSED.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 11/14/2017, 7:50 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:I just saw the first clip with Danny Elfman's theme in it involving Batman and Gordon and it was very well done. A mix of the old and the new.

People are going nuts about the Amazonians all being turned into bikini soldiers. They are PISSSED.

It's bullshit. I saw the pics and I saw their battle clothes in the trailer and some set pics, not all are in bikinis. People just finding something to complain about when they haven't even seen the movie yet.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 11/15/2017, 6:51 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:It's bullshit. I saw the pics and I saw their battle clothes in the trailer and some set pics, not all are in bikinis. People just finding something to complain about when they haven't even seen the movie yet.

Well if there wasn't permanent gravel in their vaginas, they wouldn't be fan boys. But with or without them, this one too shall fail.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 11/18/2017, 6:01 pm

Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by kernel_thai on 11/18/2017, 10:45 pm

Ive pretty much decided all movie reviewers simply need to die.  They need to take their online English Lit degrees and go back to jobs as part time waiters at Chuck E Cheese.  Here is my simultaneous review of Thor/JL:  Plot ...home is threatened so assemble the team.  Along the way u must be funny and battle badly rendered CGI villains.  Both movies have pretty great teams who can both quip and kick major ass.  Thor gets points for having a much better villain (Hella) and a better movie structure.  Thor loses points by having Goldblum somehow get paid for playing himself, AGAIN and for the director (Taika Waititi) mistaking himself being annoying as being funny.  JL gets points for having the best action scenes, tho Thor isn't bad, and the best Easter Egg/after credit stuff.  I enjoyed them both tho I can see Thor getting a slightly higher score from critics.  Instead Thor is at 92% while JL was 37% last I looked.  A test group of a dozen heroine addicts with hamsters up their asses couldn't find that big a difference between the movies.
kernel_thai

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 11/19/2017, 3:48 am

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:Cutting Lex was the right decision but I would've liked to see Iris.

As would I , too bad we're never going to see the real Iris West we're only going to get the urban update in every adaptation.

What do you mean by urban update?

Let me guess.

Real=White
Urban=Black

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by kernel_thai on 11/19/2017, 9:57 am

@ForeverBlu wrote:
@WyldeMan wrote:

What do you mean by urban update?

Let me guess.

Real=White
Urban=Black

JL takes place before he starts working for Central City PD so pre Iris in most iterations
kernel_thai

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 11/21/2017, 12:09 pm

Justice League Is a Huge Financial Disaster for Warner Bros.
Over the weekend, Justice League finally arrived in theaters, bringing in $94 million domestically. For almost any other movie, that would be a home run, but this was a very expensive movie and all of the other DCEU movies so far have grossed more on their opening weekend. This number doesn't bode well for the movie's overall box office run and, as such, Warner Bros. is set to take a huge loss. According to a new report, the studio could lose between $50 and $100 million, with the final tally resting around $75 million when the smoke clears.

Rob Cain, a former studio executive with insider knowledge on how final profits and losses are calculated for big studios like Warner Bros., has ran projected numbers for Justice League based on the opening weekend box office. According to his calculations, the future is pretty grim for the DC movie, which Warner Bros. is basing the future of the DCEU on. Movies like Flashpoint could be in trouble, if his calculations are remotely correct. Here's how Cain calculates the movie's earnings.

"The current box office trajectory suggests a final domestic theatrical gross of around $235 million (that's assuming a 2.45x multiplier on the $96 million first weekend gross, 2.45 being the median multiplier for DC's prior 4 DCEU releases). Overseas I'm projecting a final international tally of around $400 million (assuming fairly generously that JL gets the same hefty 2.15x multiple on its $185 million opening weekend overseas that Batman v Superman (BvS) got on its first overseas weekend. Adding the domestic and overseas numbers gets us a $635 million worldwide theatrical gross. If that number holds up it would mean that Justice League is the lowest-grossing movie among the five DCEU releases so far."

According to the report, Warner Bros. will get to keep around 52% of the domestic grosses, and around 38% of the foreign tally. That means the box office going to Warner Bros. is roughly $275 million. According to his calculations, they'll also see around $170 million from all worldwide home video, including VOD. That means the studio will net $575 million. However, with a $300 million production budget, $150 million marketing budget $60 million for home entertainment costs, $20 million for residuals, $20 million in interest and an estimated $50 million for talent, those numbers don't add up. Here's how Rob Cain breaks it down.

"Total estimated costs: $600 million. Deduct that from the $545 million in studio revenue and we wind up with a $55 million loss. Against Warners' $475 million in upfront production and marketing expenditures, that works out to a negative 12% ROI."

As Rob Cain notes, this is all before the overhead costs for Justice League are factored in, which he estimates to be around $40 million. With that, the potential losses are as high as $75 million. But these are just estimates, it could be a little better or, in a worst-case scenario for Warner Bros., much worse. According to the report by Forbes, that also makes Justice League by far the worst return on investment for a studio for any recent superhero movie, with a list going back to 2014. All of that said, the future of the DCEU may be in trouble. Or, at the very least, some major changes are going to have to take place.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 11/21/2017, 3:17 pm

I think they're about to drop DC any minute now....... Twisted Evil
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 11/26/2017, 1:14 pm

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 11/26/2017, 8:59 pm

He appears in the post credits scene and looks fucking awesome even though he doesn't do a damn thing.

Batman was awesome as usual, Wonder Woman was pretty good, Superman's face gives away that he wasn't supposed to be in the movie nearly as much as he is.

Flash doesn't hold a candle to the TV version. Obvious comic relief, kind of all over the place how much it works.

Aquaman is meh, but has some moments.

Cyborg is a moody teenager version of Frankenstein's monster but has some decent moments

Steppenwolf is boring AF but the story of his original defeat is one of the best scenes in the movie
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 11/27/2017, 6:56 am

@Tyger wrote:He appears in the post credits scene and looks fucking awesome even though he doesn't do a damn thing.

Batman was awesome as usual, Wonder Woman was pretty good, Superman's face gives away that he wasn't supposed to be in the movie nearly as much as he is.

Flash doesn't hold a candle to the TV version. Obvious comic relief, kind of all over the place how much it works.

Aquaman is meh, but has some moments.

Cyborg is a moody teenager version of Frankenstein's monster but has some decent moments

Steppenwolf is boring AF but the story of his original defeat is one of the best scenes in the movie

That all sounds about as terrible as I'd been expecting.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 11/27/2017, 4:26 pm

That sounds like Zack Snyder still had too much input. I read the spoiler and can't wait to not watch it in theaters. I'll definitely check it out when it hits the internet, though. And I totally don't mean torrents because that's illegal.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 11/27/2017, 5:15 pm

@joey con carne wrote:That sounds like Zack Snyder still had too much input. I read the spoiler and can't wait to not watch it in theaters. I'll definitely check it out when it hits the internet, though. And I totally don't mean torrents because that's illegal.

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 11/27/2017, 11:35 pm

@joey con carne wrote:That sounds like Zack Snyder still had too much input. I read the spoiler and can't wait to not watch it in theaters. I'll definitely check it out when it hits the internet, though. And I totally don't mean torrents because that's illegal.
Nah, Joss was definitely a problem
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 11/30/2017, 6:05 pm

I watched it and it was entertaining. I had to problems with it though, I hated how they brought back Superman and the CGI mustache bothered the heck out of me. I can't believe they thought he looked ok enough and released it. He looked weird and I couldn't get over it.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 12/1/2017, 7:42 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:I watched it and it was entertaining. I had to problems with it though, I hated how they brought back Superman and the CGI mustache bothered the heck out of me. I can't believe they thought he looked ok enough and released it. He looked weird and I couldn't get over it.

Justice League: Mustache Mountain
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum