BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax

+4
Tyger
Rusty
UltimateMarvel
WyldeMan
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax Empty Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax

Post by WyldeMan 11/24/2015, 8:25 am

Alona Tal And Abbey Lee Eyed For 'Black Canary' Role In JUSTICE LEAGUE And Beyond
Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax Iz5fuq10

According to Latino-Review, Warner Bros. are planning on bringing Black Canary to the big screen in one or both of the upcoming Justice League movies. While it's still early days, Abbey Lee (Mad Max: Fury Road) and Alona Tal (Supernatural) are those currently being eyed for the role of the hero who has been played by Caity Lotz and Katie Cassidy in Arrow. The exciting thing here though is that the studio has big plans for the character following Justice League, with the plan apparently to include her in a Birds of Prey movie. If that incorporates characters like Harley Quinn and Batgirl, then it should be amazing, while it's hard not to wonder if this news means we're going to be getting a big screen Green Arrow in the near future too (sorry, Stephen Amell!).

Last edited by WyldeMan on 3/21/2021, 4:44 pm; edited 23 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax Empty Re: Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax

Post by WyldeMan 11/24/2015, 8:30 am

Well Alona Tal is certainly trained for combat. Something I discovered a long time ago is that Alona being Israeli born was required to serve in the Israli Defense Forces so she was a soldier before she ever acted. Whether that would translate to her making a good Canary or not remains to be scene but for me Caity Lotz is the definitive version. Though with CBMs it's always makes easier to just tell yourself the different casting is due to the multiverse.

Community
Hunters
Suburra: Blood on Rome
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/4/2015, 2:43 pm

Title error.

I'd go with Alona Tal for BC. Only seen her in Supernatural and in Broken City with Wahlberg. I didn't know she was a soldier though.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 12/4/2015, 6:19 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Title error.

I'd go with Alona Tal for BC. Only seen her in Supernatural and in Broken City with Wahlberg. I didn't know she was a soldier though.

Soldier means nothing. Watch Supernatural again, she can't act for shit in an action role. If it was a small role I wouldn't care, but if it does lead to a Birds of Prey film (I fucking love the early 2000's run by Gail Simone), I want quality Hollywood films stars, not CW actresses that look hot in a costume. Birds of Prey will be tough to do because Hollywood will find it too hard to resist the hot chick's in tight costume's approach for an all-female ensemble. They won't have enough faith in women (or the audience) to be able to carry a comic book movie with a serious tone like BvS.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/13/2016, 1:35 pm

Amber Heard in Talks for ‘Aquaman’ Female Lead
Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax Amber_10
While “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” is still two months away, Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment are already gearing up their “Justice League” pic, adding another A-list actor to the ensemble.

Amber Heard is in talks to join the cast of WB’s “Justice League” pic as the love interest of Jason Momoa’s Aquaman, sources close to the project tell Variety. Insiders go on to add that she would not only appear in “Justice League” but would also co-star with Momoa in the studio’s standalone pic that currently has James Wan on board to direct.

If a deal does close, Heard would join an ensemble that already includes Momoa, Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot and Ezra Miller, all of whom are expected to make some sort of appearance in “Dawn of Justice” before reprising their roles in “Justice League,” which is set to bow on Nov. 17, 2017. Production is set to begin this April with Zack Snyder directing from a script by Chris Terrio.

Heard would be playing Mera, an undersea queen who eventually marries Aquaman in the comics.

The role would mark Heard’s first venture into the comic book realm and comes on the heels of one of her busiest years. She appeared in “Magic Mike XXL,” “The Danish Girl” and “The Adderall Diaries” in 2015.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/13/2016, 1:37 pm

I love Heard but for Mera I've always pictured Jessica Chastain.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/13/2016, 6:03 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I love Heard but for Mera I've always pictured Jessica Chastain.

Damn! You know how to pick them. She would have been perfect. Heard will do nicely though.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/13/2016, 7:41 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:

Damn! You know how to pick them. She would have been perfect. Heard will do nicely though.

Heard would be a much better Canary in my opinion.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/14/2016, 10:25 am

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:

Heard would be a much better Canary in my opinion.

That's the first thing that poped into my head when I saw her name in the thread. I'm guessing she'll also be in the solo movie too.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/14/2016, 2:19 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:That's the first thing that poped into my head when I saw her name in the thread. I'm guessing she'll also be in the solo movie too.

If Mera is cast in a JL film you can probably assume that she's going to have a Lois Lane sized role in Aquaman. After all, she is the Queen of Atlantis.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2016, 7:44 am

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax Amberm10

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/18/2016, 10:45 am

WyldeMan wrote:
Spoiler:

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax EsiK5mo

I think Amber Heard is gorgeous but that picture is just awful.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/18/2016, 11:03 am

It's fan made joey. It doesn't look too terrible. I don't know about the crown but I'm thinking the hair and green is what she'll most likely have for the movie.

Is that from the guys who keep putting out amazing fan arts? Like they did with Arrow and such?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2016, 11:09 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:It's fan made joey. It doesn't look too terrible. I don't know about the crown but I'm thinking the hair and green is what she'll most likely have for the movie.

Is that from the guys who keep putting out amazing fan arts? Like they did with Arrow and such?

Yeah it was another BossLogic special.

Joey, these things are made in like a day or two by fans, the studio won't release anything showing her for probably another year.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/18/2016, 12:25 pm

haha yea, I know they are fan-made. I just thought it looked bad. Completely DNR'ed her face omg. Some fan-made pics are really good, though.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/18/2016, 3:14 pm

joey con carne wrote:Completely DNR'ed her face omg.

As if that face needed any work done, damn DNR!

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2016, 2:14 pm

Danny Trejo is starting rumors he's up for Lobo after posting a Lobo pic earlier on his twitter feed.

Why not, Lobo is Machete in space.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/20/2016, 9:01 am

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/20/2016, 9:06 am

GREEN LANTERN And The GREEN LANTERN CORPS Confirmed For JUSTICE LEAGUE
Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax 13018010
To close out the DC Films special airing on The CW Kevin Smith asked Geoff Johns to reveal a world exclusive, to confirm the seventh member of the Justice League in the DCEU and end the show with a bang. Johns certainly didn't disappoint.  "We've been to these cities, we've been underwater, but there's one place we haven't been to: space.  But now we are. So the Green Lanterns and the Green Lantern Corps are coming to join the Justice League universe."  Kevin Smith followed with, "That's every kids dream, to see all those Justice League characters together, Green Lantern is a big part."

Green Lantern will be joining Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg in the upcoming Justice League.  However, he won't be coming alone.  Geoff Johns confirmed not just Green Lantern but the entire Green Lantern Corps.  The implication of his statement is that Justice League will have more than just one ring wielder.  Images of Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner and Simon Baz (sorry Alan Scott fans) were displayed on screen, with Jordan and Stewart definitely being highlighted.  This resonates with previous rumors that the Green Lantern Corps movie would focus on both Jordan and Stewart. However, perhaps the other three Lanterns cameo or receive some sort of mention?  Prior to the standalone GL film,  when the Justice League forms on screen, will they have not one but five Green Lanterns?

Justice League Part One is confirmed for release in 2017. Part Two will follow in 2019.  A Green Lantern Corps film has also been confirmed for release in 2020.  However, the intergalactic guardians of space are now officially confirmed to make their DCEU debut a full 3 years before their standalone film.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/20/2016, 11:54 am

That Cyborg teaser has me very interested. Looking forward to see how he looks in the movie. The Flash, we're already getting it on TV so that did nothing for me.

Green Lantern is a surprise though. I can see why they hesitated to announce anything about that yet, I'd be worried about it too. Curious who they'll go with this time.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/20/2016, 2:32 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:That Cyborg teaser has me very interested. Looking forward to see how he looks in the movie. The Flash, we're already getting it on TV so that did nothing for me.

Green Lantern is a surprise though. I can see why they hesitated to announce anything about that yet, I'd be worried about it too. Curious who they'll go with this time.

I have absolutely zero interest in Ezra Miller's Flash, as Johns was talking about the plot you could see Kevin Smith trying to feign interest as he's thinking "But my favorite tv show is already telling me that exact story in much greater detail" while Johns is also thinking about how he's a producer on that exact same show. Razz

The Lantern Corps are a bunch of punks, never cared for 'em and if they cast Tyrese Gibson I will avoid that shit like the plague and they will have broken my will.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/20/2016, 4:43 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I have absolutely zero interest in Ezra Miller's Flash, as Johns was talking about the plot you could see Kevin Smith trying to feign interest as he's thinking "But my favorite tv show is already telling me that exact story in much greater detail" while Johns is also thinking about how he's a producer on that exact same show. Razz

LOL! I thought it was just me. Maybe it's because I was thinking the same thing but you can literally read Smith as he said it.

WyldeMan wrote:The Lantern Corps are a bunch of punks, never cared for 'em and if they cast Tyrese Gibson I will avoid that shit like the plague and they will have broken my will.

IDRIS ELBA!!! I think you brought him up in the past. He'd be great as Stewart. Now I'm wondering, if there is a script, do you think Pine read it and saw how terrible it was?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/21/2016, 11:05 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:IDRIS ELBA!!! I think you brought him up in the past. He'd be great as Stewart. Now I'm wondering, if there is a script, do you think Pine read it and saw how terrible it was?

I say just give Steve Trevor the Lantern ring instead of another Hal Jordan. Ryan Reynolds pretty much destroyed Hal Jordan forever for me, so I just got no Lantern interest. Idris is property of Marvel, he'll never be in an actual superhero property now. They got him holding a fucking staff and guarding a door.... Evil or Very Mad

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/23/2016, 9:47 am

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax Cb2xyv10

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/23/2016, 1:56 pm

Flash and Aquaman suits in the background. Nice pic! Jason is excited to start obviously.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2016, 1:58 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Flash and Aquaman suits in the background. Nice pic! Jason is excited to start obviously.

The suits in the background intrigue me greatly and here's why, who's that all black costume belong to? Near Aquaman we see what looks like concept art for Mera on the floor so is that other suit Black Manta?

Otherwise I have heard some interesting rumors about Dick Grayson's involvement.... Cool

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/7/2016, 1:06 pm

J.K. Simmons is 'Commissioner Gordon'
Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax Jksimm10
The Hollywood Reporter reveals that Oscar winning actor J.K. Simmons has joined the cast of Justice League as Commisioner Jim Gordon. There goes those theories that he'll reprise the role of J. Jonah Jameson in Marvel's Spider-Man reboot, eh? There obviously aren't any details on what he'll be getting up to in this movie, but it's a safe bet that he'll return down the line to star in The Batman alongside actor/director Ben Affleck. 

The latest in a long line of actors to play Gordon, Simmons joins a club which includes names like Pat Hingle (Batman), Gary Oldman (The Dark Knight Trilogy), and Ben McKenzie (Gotham). In Justice League, he joins a cast which includes Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller, Ray Fisher, and Amy Adams.

This casting is a massive win for Warner Bros., and yet another awesome addition to a pretty incredible cast.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/7/2016, 1:08 pm

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax Cc-i7o10

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/7/2016, 3:06 pm

With that hair, he'd equally make a great Commissioner Gordon. And he's always in great shape too. Great choice! Though they'll never find a better J. Jonah Jameson in Spider-Man than him.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/18/2016, 10:20 am

Amber Heard Confirms That She's Playing 'Mera' In JUSTICE LEAGUE

Amber Heard has finally confirmed reports that she'll play Mera in Justice League and Aquaman, and talks here about trying on the costume and the unique approach they're taking to the scaly armour...

There are a lot of characters who it would be awesome to see show up in Justice League next year, but easily one of the most surprising additions is Mera. The girlfriend or wife of Aquaman in the comics, her involvement points to a visit to Atlantis being on the cards, and now Amber Heard has confirmed that she's playing the character. 

However, perhaps the most interesting thing here is what the actress had to say about her costume. "It’s interesting. It’s like, half suit of armor, half scales," she tells ET (via Batman-News). "It’s strange… We’re in the process of building it now, so it’s coming along.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/3/2016, 4:26 pm

RUMOR: Atlantis Is the Primary Antagonist In JUSTICE LEAGUE, Not Darkseid
Could Zack Snyder and Warner Bros. be using Darkseid and Apokolips as misdirection for the real antagonists of the Justice League film?  On El Mayimbe's new YouTube show, the divisive fanboy journalist reveals that he's hearing rumors that Atlantis will attack the surface world in the first Justice League film and will serve as the primary antagonists, not Darkseid and his Parademons.  Details are scarce but from what little is revealed, it's possible the film be based on Geoff Johns' 2012 miniseries, Throne of Atlantis.  

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/3/2016, 5:45 pm

What the heck were the visions for then? Throne of Atlantis was good but Justice League War would've been a better story. Throne of Atlantis I would chose for his solo movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/3/2016, 6:40 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:What the heck were the visions for then? Throne of Atlantis was good but Justice League War would've been a better story. Throne of Atlantis I would chose for his solo movie.

I'm hoping for The Trench in his solo outing.

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax 33684510

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/3/2016, 6:47 pm

BREAKING: Zack Snyder Has Exited 'JUSTICE LEAGUE,' Replaced By George Miller
In an unbelievable turn of events, Warner Bros has just issued a press release announcing that Zack Snyder has exited JUSTICE LEAGUE mere days before the film is set to go before cameras.

The rumor mill has been ablaze since Monday with murmurs that the studio was feeling immense pressure to alter their plans for an expanded DC Cinematic Universe due to the poor reception given to BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE. With terrible reviews, a mediocre response from fans, and a front-loaded worldwide release that yielded a haul that fell well short of their internal projections, many have hinted at a sense of panic over at the Warner movie lot.

Here's a snippet of the press release, followed by some analysis on how it coincides with- and contradicts- the rumors that have been going around:

"JUSTICE LEAGUE" TO MOVE FORWARD WITH GEORGE MILLER AS DIRECTOR (April 1, 2016 – Burbank, CA) – Warner Bros. Pictures is thrilled to announce that George Miller ("Mad Max: Fury Road") will be directing "Justice League." Following the phenomenal success of "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," which soared past the $500 million mark in just five days, we are well aware of the insatiable appetite of DC fans. While Zack Snyder was attached to direct "Justice League," the visionary filmmaker has been battling fatigue due to a production schedule that has kept him on the road, away from his children, since 2013's "Man of Steel."

Miller had been brought onto the production team for "Justice League" to help bring Snyder's considerable vision to life, and now it's been amicably decided upon that Miller is in a better position to bring the film to fruition. This will allow the production stay within its scheduled timeline, while providing Snyder with ample time to recharge his creative batteries. "We are immensely excited to have George Miller taking the reins of 'Justice League,'" said Warner Bros. Pictures president Kevin Tsujihara.

"Zack has been an invaluable resource to us, and we fully expect him stay on as part of our DC production team," Tsujihara added. "It's an honor to be given this tremendous opportunity," Miller said. "It's rare that you get a second chance at this sort of thing, and I'll try my very best not to bugger it up." There's more to the press release, but those are the pertinent parts. There's so much to digest here. For starters, we've heard that the studio has been breathing down Snyder's neck ever since test screenings for BATMAN V SUPERMAN yielded less than optimistic responses. The prevailing thought has been that they gave Snyder lots of creative freedom, and were sorely disappointed with the director's choice to make a more for-fans-only type of film. The studio had hoped for something with a more broad, mainstream appeal. While they turned their attention towards SUICIDE SQUAD, scheduling a series of extensive reshoots reported on yesterday by Birth Movies Death, the studio is also said to have turned up the heat on Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE.

For weeks, there have been quiet rumblings that they've been breathing down Snyder's neck, and that the director was relieved to get a break from pre-production so he can go do press for BATMAN V SUPERMAN and get some time away from the suits. However, when he returned to the office on Monday for more meetings about JUSTICE LEAGUE, he was essentially ambushed by concerned executives. While the film had a strong weekend at the box office, it suffered a historic Friday to Sunday drop, very poor reviews, and middling reactions from fans.

This was not the response they'd hoped for, and they let him know this in no uncertain terms. Over the course of the last few days the situation has only gotten worse, and it would appear that everything came to a head when the studio suggested a three month delay to allow George Miller to take a pass at the JUSTICE LEAGUE script. This wasn't the first time the studio stepped in and halted one of Snyder's productions- having infamously done this to BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE- and it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Snyder was livid, and he walked away from the production. We've even heard that this was WB's plan, since it's easier for them to spin a story based around him leaving rather than them firing him days before a production.

This is why they're going with the whole fatigue angle, which actually has somewhat of a precedent in this industry thanks to incidents like Dave Chappelle walking away from millions of dollars and a beloved TV series because he was "too exhausted and overwhelmed." As it stands, the current plan seems to be to delay production of JUSTICE LEAGUE, give Miller all of April, May, and June to prepare, film from July to December, and still have the film ready for its November 2017 release.

This is where the infrastructure created by Snyder comes in handy, as the production already has many of the tools, sets, and other shortcuts, thanks to the mechanisms created for BATMAN V SUPERMAN. You may recall that Miller was set to direct JUSTICE LEAGUE: MORTAL several years back, before that production was scrapped for several reasons. Eyebrows were raised last month when it was revealed that Miller was added as a producer for this new JUSTICE LEAGUE. He's known as a hands-on filmmaker, who often writes and directs his own films. The idea that he'd be "just another producer" on JUSTICE LEAGUE seemed far-fetched, and now we have a clearer picture of exactly why he was brought on board. Between this, and the rumors of SUICIDE SQUAD's overhaul, it would appear that Warner Bros is doing everything it can to get its DC franchise on track. Still, this is a stunning turn of events. We here at Latino-Review Media will be following the story closely.

Stay tuned for updates! Don't forget to share this post on your Facebook wall and with your Twitter followers! Just hit the buttons on the side of this page.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/3/2016, 6:47 pm

Did NOT see that coming............... Shocked

But delaying filming for three months just one week before shooting? I wonder if they'll lose any cast over this.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/3/2016, 7:10 pm

Daaaaaaamn.

Even though Zack himself has said shit I don't agree with, I still don't blame him for the shortcomings of MoS or BvS
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/3/2016, 8:11 pm

Fuck. I'd have preferred Miller do Bats.

That's the only DC film I want to see. The Dark Knight Returns (faithful). Directed by Miller. Mel Gibson as Bruce.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/3/2016, 8:54 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I'm hoping for The Trench in his solo outing.

That could work too.

WyldeMan wrote:
BREAKING: Zack Snyder Has Exited 'JUSTICE LEAGUE,' Replaced By George Miller

I saw this but it came out on April Fools I think. I just thought it was fake. If it's true then I'm glad. I felt the same way after watching BvS.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/4/2016, 7:58 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Fuck. I'd have preferred Miller do Bats.

Batfleck wrote the script and will be directing it too. Sorry bud.

With Snyder, I'd hoped like hell for a Carla Gugino Catwoman debut but with him gone she most likely is too. However with Miller, I'd be happy with a Charlize Theron Catwoman too.

Still can't believe they fired him, the movie had bad reviews but it still made over $600 million in 6 days. What a shame that they really didn't have his back like they'd claimed. I've spent the last four years thinking Snyder would be the man shaping the entire DC lineup for the next decade and one week after the second movie in his grand scale debuts to rough waters, he's shit canned. Fuckin WB....Daamn.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/4/2016, 1:07 pm

I don't think they fired him. I researched for more on this and I think it's a fake, it cam out on April Fools. He's not fired but fans do want him gone and have signed petitions to WB to have him removed. It's kind of funny.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/4/2016, 2:32 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I don't think they fired him. I researched for more on this and I think it's a fake, it cam out on April Fools. He's not fired but fans do want him gone and have signed petitions to WB to have him removed. It's kind of funny.

Say what now..... Shocked

God damned Latino-Review. I'm such an asshole. I didn't realize they were posting bullshit stories, none of my other trade sites did and I thought the article was posted yesterday since it said Monday in the damned article.

Well at least WB doesn't suck as much as I thought but I do apologize for falling for a belated April Fool's Joke. Embarassed

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 4/4/2016, 3:21 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Say what now..... Shocked

God damned Latino-Review. I'm such an asshole. I didn't realize they were posting bullshit stories, none of my other trade sites did and I thought the article was posted yesterday since it said Monday in the damned article.

Well at least WB doesn't suck as much as I thought but I do apologize for falling for a belated April Fool's Joke. Embarassed

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax W323rIA
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/4/2016, 4:05 pm

joey con carne wrote:Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax W323rIA

Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax Tumblr_mshu4tqNKs1spr6bso1_500

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/6/2016, 10:48 am

Warner Bros. Mulls Releasing Fewer Films as 'Batman v. Superman' Stalls
Justice League Snyder Cut @ HBOMax Batman11
CEO Kevin  Tsujihara is said to want to reduce releases and focus on his trio of potential hitmaker silos (sound familiar?).

This story first appeared in the April 22 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.

With Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, has Warner Bros. finally turned a corner?

After an abysmal run of expensive underperformers including Jupiter Ascending, Pan and In the Heart of the Sea, the studio launched its effort at a Marvel-style film universe with the DC Comics movie that had been touted as proof the regime installed in 2013 and headed by chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara was getting on track. But a dizzying 69 percent plunge that followed its March-record $166.1 million domestic opening ($422.5 million worldwide) means Batman is not a clear win.

Some competitors say the film may turn a profit but hardly will be the money gusher studios hope for when they pour massive resources into making a giant tentpole with a big star — with a budget in this case said to be in excess of $300 million, and Ben Affleck. "The biggest problem," says the head of a rival studio, "is that it is not turning [DC] into Marvel. The audience has communicated, as have the critics." One agent notes BvS likely won't get to $1 billion despite launching the universe with "two of the most iconic characters in history." Pointing out that Jurassic World pulled in $1.67 billion globally, he continues, "you can't tell me Batman v. Superman is so much less valuable."

Several sources say Warner Bros. executives were convinced they had the goods with BvS and were shocked when negative reviews began pouring in. Now, with DC movies dated through 2020, the outcome has led to a flurry of rumors that the studio will make adjustments — maybe add a new producer? — rather than allow BvS director Zack Snyder to proceed with the two-part Justice League. But sources with firsthand knowledge of the situation say the studio has no such plans. One says the filmmakers naturally will evaluate what went wrong with BvS, but when it comes to Justice League, "we're not going to take a movie that's supposed to be one thing and turn it into a copycat of something else."

Many top industry executives believe the troubles with BvS are the latest sign of the instability created when Time Warner chairman and CEO Jeff Bewkes ousted Alan Horn as president in 2011. That set the stage for the infamous executive bake-off and the exit of Jeff Robinov, then head of the successful film group.

Ultimately, Bewkes promoted Tsujihara to the top Warners job and created a committee to run the film studio that includes president Greg Silverman and marketing and distribution chief Sue Kroll. It's fair to say things haven't gone so well since. (Warners' loss was Disney's gain, with Horn presiding over that studio as it has become dominant.)
In an era of turmoil and transformation, even competitors aren't eager to see a legacy studio like Warner Bros. struggle. Warners long has been known for its commitment to filmmaker- and star-driven projects, but sources see signs of a change in culture, though the studio denies there is one. Several executives and agents say Warners seems to be greenlighting fewer homegrown movies as it focuses on silos that echo those that generate so many hits for Disney (Marvel, Lucasfilm, Pixar and Disney Animation).

In Warners' case, the silos are DC Comics, Lego and a planned franchise spun off from the Harry Potter series. Tsujihara has touted that trio as the linchpin of his film strategy, and now, much like Disney, has eschewed all but a few original live-action films. Overall, sources say there is an understanding Warners is aiming to release fewer homegrown films than the industry-leading 21 it did in 2015. The studio still will make some movies from "family" directors including Affleck, Clint Eastwood, Christopher Nolan and Todd Phillips. But the emphasis is elsewhere. One insider says the studio will remain a dominant distributor, but "when you get to almost a movie every other weekend or a period where there's a movie three weeks in a row, that's too much."

Warners maintains there has been no change in policy. "Warner Bros. has historically had the biggest, most diverse slate in the motion picture industry," says a rep in a statement. "We did last year, we will this year, and we will continue to do so into the foreseeable future." (The studio says it will release 18 movies this year and is projected to release 19 in 2017.)

But a person who does extensive business at Warners says it has entered a phase that's not only about the number of releases. "It's not dramatic, but it is uncharted territory for them," he says. "They were always filmmaker-driven — that might now not be the case as much. They had a bad 18 months. How could there not be some kind of reaction to that?" Says another executive with business at the studio: "It's a strange path to a greenlight now. It takes longer."

Warners could have some bright spots this year. Suicide Squad (Aug. 5) might be the fan hit the DC universe needs. The studio will have a potential draw for adults with Eastwood's hero pilot pic Sully (Sept. 9). And on Nov. 18, Warners will launch what seems its surest four-quadrant bet, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. But, notes analyst Steve Birenberg of Northlake Capital Management, "Time Warner has some work ahead, and it would be helpful if the next movie in the DC relaunch were more widely praised."
[/left]

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/6/2016, 1:47 pm

FUCK! This is what's really disappointing, I was worried that might happen. If they'd done a solo movie with Ben as Batman, a solo Flash movie along with WW then it would have been smooth sailing with a better focus on story.

Knowing now how they used Flash and what they plan to do, a Flash movie would've been necessary. I remember we talked about a Flash movie a couple of years ago before the show even began, WB should have pulled the trigger then. I'm still not sold on Ezra either.

Maybe they'll change their minds after WW is out. WB sucks when it comes to superhero movies, DC should just bail already.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next