BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godzilla vs. Kong ($468 Million Worldwide Box Office)

5 posters

Go down

Godzilla vs. Kong ($468 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Godzilla vs. Kong ($468 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 10/14/2015, 6:34 pm

Godzilla vs. Kong ($468 Million Worldwide Box Office)  King-k10
Warner Bros. and Legendary are teaming up on a 2020 movie “Godzilla vs. Kong,” representing the official unification of the two monster franchises.

The companies jointly announced Wednesday that the basis for the film would be an “ecosystem” of giant super-species, both classic and new, as the Monarch organization that uncovered Godzilla in the 2014 film expands its mission in multiple releases.

The first films in the partnership have already been announced: “Kong: Skull Island,” which opens on March 10, 2017, and “Godzilla 2” on June 8, 2018.

The announcement noted that while Legendary maintains its new home at Universal Pictures, the Godzilla films and the Kong origin film will be distributed via Warner Bros.

Production on “Kong: Skull Island,” which had been at Universal until recently, begins Oct. 19 with Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson and “Straight Outta Compton” actors Corey Hawkins and Jason Mitchell.

“Kong: Skull Island” will be set in the mysterious home of the king of the apes as a team of explorers ventures deep inside the island. Jordan Vogt-Roberts is directing from a script by Max Borenstein, John Gatins and Dan Gilroy. Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni will produce with Mary Parent.

Tull said in a statement: “Audiences really responded to Godzilla. Today, I’m excited to reveal that film was only the beginning of an epic new entertainment universe. As a lifelong fan of these characters, I’ve always wanted to see the ultimate showdown, and today we’re pleased to be announcing that and more.”

Warner Bros. topper Kevin Tsujihara said in a statement: “Working with our partners at Legendary, we enjoyed tremendous creative and commercial success with ‘Godzilla.’ It’s great to be able to revisit these characters and help create a franchise with so many creative possibilities for filmmakers. Fans love these big, globally iconic films and it doesn’t get any bigger than this.”

Warner Bros. and Legendary announced on Aug. 14 that they had scheduled “Godzilla 2” for June 8, 2018, with Gareth Edwards returning as director of the monster movie sequel. At Comic-Con in July, Legendary disclosed that Godzilla would be joined by Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah in the next movie.

“Godzilla” grossed $529 million worldwide. Legendary financed 75% of the $160 million budget, with Warner providing the rest and the companies splitting marketing costs.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 3/22/2022, 10:50 am; edited 6 times in total

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Godzilla vs. Kong ($468 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: Godzilla vs. Kong ($468 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by detective392 10/15/2015, 4:44 pm

Can't wait for this. Just wonder what Kong will look like compared to Godzilla.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Godzilla vs. Kong ($468 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Empty Re: Godzilla vs. Kong ($468 Million Worldwide Box Office)

Post by Rusty 10/15/2015, 9:45 pm

After recently watching Godzilla, I'm in for this.

Then we'll get Godzilla v Kong v Pacific Rim Very Happy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 10/16/2015, 7:58 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:After recently watching Godzilla, I'm in for this.

Pacific Rim 2 was somehow going to be connected to the new monster universe but they have seemed to have scrapped plans for that. Now it's just Kong and Godzilla.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/16/2015, 11:06 pm

With them all flying under the WB and Legendary banner, that is entirely possible.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/17/2015, 12:42 am

WyldeMan wrote:

With them all flying under the WB and Legendary banner, that is entirely possible.

That's exactly why I said it. There's a reason Pacific Rim 2 was put on hold, and this is why. If Godzilla v Kong is a hit, they'll bring Pacific Rim into the fold. Guaranteed.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/17/2015, 10:25 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

That's exactly why I said it. There's a reason Pacific Rim 2 was put on hold, and this is why. If Godzilla v Kong is a hit, they'll bring Pacific Rim into the fold. Guaranteed.

It's something that was rumored before they even merged but the sudden halt of PR2 definitely leads credence to a massive monster mashup rumor. Though that would probably be like ten years away at this point so I don't know if it'd be smart to halt PR2 for that or if its because they'd like to redirect the franchise in that direction. GDT keeps having such horrible luck with his huge franchises, the man is a genius and should be given far more respect by the studios.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 10/18/2015, 8:56 am

Sadly I also think it's also the audience. People need to start seeing his movies. He gives us a great horror movie right before Halloween and it ends up doing poorly at the BO.

Paranormal Activity movies killed at this time of year and they are no where near as good as a GDT film.
detective392
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/11/2016, 7:36 am

‘Godzilla 2,’ ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’ Stomp Out New Release Dates
Warner Bros. has announced it is moving Gareth Edwards‘ “Godzilla 2” from June 8, 2018 to March 22, 2019. The studio has also dated its creature feature “Godzilla vs. Kong” for May 29, 2020.

Additionally, the studio will release an untitled event film on Dec. 25, 2018, while an untitled DC movie is moving from June 19, 2020 to July 24, 2020.

WB’s decision moves “Godzilla 2” off the same date as Paramount’s “Transformers 6,” though it will now square off against Paramount’s original animated movie “Amusement Park,” which is expected to cater to a younger audience.

The monster mash-up “Godzilla vs. Kong” currently has its release date all to itself, as the only other movie currently slated to open that month is an untitled Marvel movie in early May.

Meanwhile, WB’s event film will go head-to-head with an untitled, live-action Disney movie that opens the same day, while Sony’s animated “Spider-Man” movie will open four days earlier on Dec. 21.

Finally, the untitled DC movie, which is believed to be “Green Lantern Corps,” will now arrive two weeks after new films from Marvel and Illumination.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/31/2017, 1:22 pm

’Godzilla vs. Kong’ Monster Mash-Up Movie Grabs Indie Filmmaker Adam Wingard to Direct
Indie horror wunderkind Adam Wingard has signed on to direct the next blockbuster in Warner Bros. and Legendary Entertainment’s growing monster franchise, “Godzilla Vs. Kong.”

Quite prolific at 34-years-old, Wingard cut his teeth on micro-budget horrors “Pop Skull” and “A Horrible Way to Die,” often working with indie mainstay Joe Swanberg. His more recent film, “The Guest,” starred Dan Stevens and premiered at Sundance in 2014. He has been moving into bigger budget indies with his last two projects, a 2016 follow-up to “Blair Witch,” and “Death Note,” a manga adaptation set for an August release.

“Godzilla Vs. Kong” will be the fourth entry to Legendary and Warner Bros. monster universe, populated with classic creatures of old Hollywood. “Godzilla” came out in 2014; last year’s “Kong: Skull Island” was a major box-office success but received mixed reviews. A “Godzilla” sequel is currently in production, starring Kyle Chandler, Vera Farmiga, and Milly Bobby Brown.

The script was finished in March, by a writers’ team helmed by Terry Rossio, the “Aladdin” scribe with franchise-writing chops for the many iterations of “Pirates of the Carribean.”

Wingard is a bold and inspired choice; hopefully the studio gives him reign to bring the kind of innovative horror comedy for which he is known. Now all we need is a Swanberg cameo.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/25/2021, 5:09 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/25/2021, 5:11 pm

Nice, I didn't expect them to bring back any of the actors since they haven't before.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/25/2021, 5:48 pm

Hell yeah. I'm still in for this. Fuck knows when it'll be available down here though.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/25/2021, 8:06 pm

Rusty wrote:Hell yeah. I'm still in for this. Fuck knows when it'll be available down here though.

Oh damn, is HBOMax not available for you guys?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/25/2021, 9:54 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:Hell yeah. I'm still in for this. Fuck knows when it'll be available down here though.

Oh damn, is HBOMax not available for you guys?

Nope. HBO (like most studios) sell most of their international rights to a local distributor. Here they sell all their shows to Foxtel, which is  essentially what you would refer to as a cable provider. They're expensive as hell on a monthly basis ($100+ if you want the premium channels like HBO, Sports etc) and not worth it for someone like me.

Such a shame. Foxtel would have paid a premium for the rights to their big shows, but it also means they're locked in for X-amount of years. Whilst they could launch Max here, because of those deals they wouldn't be able to include their big draw cards - GoT, Sopranos, The Wire, etc - until those deals expired. They'll probably do it eventually, just depends how long those deals last.

The above is also the reason that during the height of Game of Thrones fame (particularly the early seasons), Australia was the leading country in illegal downloads for the show Twisted Evil
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/26/2021, 4:47 pm

So what’s the big bad monster Kong and Godzilla will have to team up to defeat after they fight to a stalemate?

I'm guessing Mecha Godzilla.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/26/2021, 9:23 pm

joey con carne wrote:So what’s the big bad monster Kong and Godzilla will have to team up to defeat after they fight to a stalemate?

I'm hoping it's the human population. I don't want to see Kong and Gojira fighting cause they're the heroes in this story, they should team up to kill all the humans!!!!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/26/2021, 10:00 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:So what’s the big bad monster Kong and Godzilla will have to team up to defeat after they fight to a stalemate?

I'm hoping it's the human population. I don't want to see Kong and Gojira fighting cause they're the heroes in this story, they should team up to kill all the humans!!!!

They'll fight each other until Kong says his mum's name, which just so happens to be Zilla's mum's name. They'll bro down, and realise the real enemy is another of the big bad monsters is also still alive and is no longer dormant. And it was the really big bad one so they'll need a team to get it done. Enter: Pacific Rim League.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/27/2021, 10:46 am

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

They'll fight each other until Kong says his mum's name, which just so happens to be Zilla's mum's name. They'll bro down, and realise the real enemy is another of the big bad monsters is also still alive and is no longer dormant. And it was the really big bad one so they'll need a team to get it done. Enter: Pacific Rim League.

Oh shit, you think they're both sons of Martha's too!?!?!? Daaaaamn, that'd be a crazy twist!

Given that Gojira wasn't attacking the humans like he is now in the first two movies, I feel it's safe to assume that The Orca is in play here. You guys remember that device from King of the Monsters that allowed the bad dude aka Tywin Lannister to control the Titans? It's the only answer as to why Gojira is suddenly the bad guy in the trailer.

Although if the trailer is really showing us Mechagodzilla, I'd be down for that too. It makes the most sense and allows for a Titan team-up with Gojira and Kong. Though personally, I still want to see them burn the world together.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/15/2021, 9:58 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/21/2021, 4:45 pm

Godzilla vs. Kong ($468 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Godzil15

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/23/2021, 6:39 pm

Godzilla vs. Kong ($468 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Godzil16

Godzilla vs. Kong ($468 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Gvk-im10

Godzilla vs. Kong ($468 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Gvk-im11

Godzilla vs. Kong ($468 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Gvk-im13

Godzilla vs. Kong ($468 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Gvk-im12

Godzilla vs. Kong ($468 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Godzil17

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/5/2021, 3:15 pm

Godzilla vs Kong Has Already Out-Earned WW84 at the Domestic Box Office
Godzilla vs. Kong ($468 Million Worldwide Box Office)  Godzil18
Godzilla vs Kong smashes more box office records in its opening weekend, surpassing Wonder Woman 1984's entire domestic haul in its first five days. The Adam Wingard directed MonsterVerse film seemed prime for a big debut. When Godzilla vs Kong debuted internationally on March 24, it became the highest grossing box office since the beginning of the pandemic, earning $70 million in China with a total take of $122 million. On the domestic side, things were looking good for Godzilla vs Kong ahead of its March 31 debut.

Despite analysts projecting that the film's box office take wouldn't be able to match China's, there were signs it would at least break records stateside, too. Projections indicated a take somewhere in the $30 million range. However, Godzilla vs Kong blew expectations out of the water with its opening day haul, the highest since March 2020. Good word of mouth and other factors have now propelled it even further than many thought it could originally go.

THR reports that, in its first five days in theaters, Godzilla vs Kong took in an estimated $48.5 million as the domestic box office. Of that, $32 million comes from the Easter weekend, with the rest coming during the first days of its release on Wednesday and Thursday. This gross puts it on track to surpass the entire lifetime grosses of recent films like The Croods: A New Age and Tenet. It also puts Godzilla vs Kong above Wonder Woman 1984, out-earning the DCEU movie's entire domestic run in just the first five days.

Wonder Woman 1984 and Godzilla vs Kong hail from the same studios, but this time, the MonsterVerse won out. The Gal Gadot led DCEU sequel debuted over the Christmas holidays in similar fashion, premiering on HBO Max and in theaters on the same day, the first of WB's films to do so. Wonder Woman 1984's three day haul came out to $16.7 million compared to Godzilla vs Kong's Easter weekend haul of $32.2 million. Additionally, during its entire run, Wonder Woman 1984 earned $45.9 million domestically, putting Godzilla vs Kong's five day total above the DCEU blockbuster.

To be fair, Wonder Woman 1984 debuted when less theaters were available and when the virus was reaching another peak. Godzilla vs Kong has the advantage of more screens available and a vaccine initiative rolling out across the country and around the world. Ultimately, though, Godzilla vs Kong's box office is a win for everyone. Not only do both films come under WB's banner, but audience interest shows that moviegoers are willing to return to theaters for big films that demand to be seen on a large screen. Worries that the box office could falter after the pandemic are still prevalent, but the MonsterVerse has certainly taken some of the pressure off with this news.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/6/2021, 1:53 pm

Wylde, did you watch it? I know you were excited about it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down