Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by joey con carne on 4/11/2016, 3:23 pm

A solo Batman does not necessarily have to tie to any of the other movies. We all know Batman prefers to work alone. We can have a solo movie where he takes on The Black Mask or Clayface or something. It can be completely separate from the rest of the Justice League.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 4/11/2016, 6:33 pm

@joey con carne wrote:A solo Batman does not necessarily have to tie to any of the other movies. We all know Batman prefers to work alone. We can have a solo movie where he takes on The Black Mask or Clayface or something. It can be completely separate from the rest of the Justice League.

It could be, but I'm expecting earlier developments and the origins of The Joker since we're meeting him and Bats already so deeply established into the modern day world. A Robin has fallen but how? We might get something along the lines of The Red Hood with the resurrection and reveal of Jason Todd, the options are essentially limitless. But with Batfleck developing it all we might get The Town of the DC verse. Twisted Evil
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 4/27/2016, 3:21 pm

DAWN OF JUSTICE "Ultimate Edition" Runtime Revealed
After the theatrical release of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, director Zack Snyder revealed that the film's Blu-Ray will feature an R-Rated Extended Cut otherwise known as the Ultimate Edition. The pre-order for the Ultimate Edition has been available for quite some time, and now it looks like a Swedish retailer has revealed the runtime for the extended version.

The film's Ultimate Edition is listed as R-Rated with a 181 minute runtime, which confirms Zack Snyder's previous statement about the film being 3 hours long. The site also also reveals that the Blu-Ray will have over 2 hours of bonus features.

We've already gotten a glimpse into how much was missing with the release of a deleted scene featuring Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg), and we know that Barbara Gordon (Jena Malone) is set to make an appearance in the extended version. A lot of scenes that were cut from the theatrical release will now make their way into the Ultimate Cut.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/1/2016, 2:35 pm

What Jeremy Irons Thinks Of The Batman V Superman Criticism

Whether you like it or hate it, there’s no denying that superhero adaptations have been truly dominating the world of both TV and film. Of course, not all comic book adaptations are created equal, and it’s pretty easy to piss off the droves of fans who have been waiting years to see their favorite hero on the big screen. This seems to be exactly what happened with Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which was met with mixed to negative reviews. While this poor response has spawned the infamous sad Affleck gif, it seems that one actor from the film isn’t the least bit surprised by criticism: Jeremy Irons.

Jeremy Irons, who plays the new badass version of Alfred Pennyworth in the DC Extended Universe recently spoke to The Daily Mail, where he gives his opinion on all the harsh criticism that Batman v Superman has received.

"Deservedly so. I mean it took $800 million, so the kicking didn’t matter but it was sort of overstuffed. It was very muddled. I think the next one will be simpler. The script is certainly a lot smaller, it’s more linear."

There you go, people. Even Jeremy Irons knew that Batman v Superman’s script left much to be desired. But, as he points out, it didn’t stop the film from making a ton of cash once it was released.

Overstuffed seems like the perfect way to describe Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. While visually stunning, there were so many stories and plot points happening throughout the film that it seemed a bit exhausting. In addition to the eventual conflict between the two heroes, we had to be introduced to Batman, Alfred, Wonder Woman, and Lex Luthor. Plus there were other characters who we met, liked, and were promptly killed off. And all of this is within the first half of the movie.

Additionally, Batman v Superman’s third act proved to be truly tiring. Batman and Superman’s battle should probably have been the final fight, but Zack Snyder threw Doomsday into the mix, and things got out of hand. This pushed the film over the edge in regards to runtime, as well as how much the audience was supposed to digest at once.

Jeremy Irons’ statement does seem hopeful for Justice League, as well as a future Batman spinoff film. Even though Justice League will have many more characters to play with, its script is apparently easier to follow and smaller in size. Hopefully this doesn’t mean that there is somehow less dialogue than Batman v Superman, where Supes got an almost embarrassingly small amount of lines.

Of course, we’ll just have to wait to see how Justice League Part One ends up when it is released November 17th, 2017. We’ll continue to update you on all things DC as details become public to us.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 6/1/2016, 2:56 pm

He'll continue cashing those DC checks though.

LOL!
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/1/2016, 4:20 pm

@ForeverBlu wrote:He'll continue cashing those DC checks though.

LOL!

He was probably barely getting by with what little Borgias money remained. The last movie he was in I saw besides Appaloosa was Die Hard with a Vengeance over 20 years ago.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/1/2016, 8:48 pm

At least he admits it. Ben is making everything he can to save the DCEU. Cavill in the meantime has kept quiet. And here I thought he cared about the character.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 6/2/2016, 5:59 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:At least he admits it. Ben is making everything he can to save the DCEU. Cavill in the meantime has kept quiet. And here I thought he cared about the character.

It's best that Cavill STFU, now that he's revealed himself to be an idiot.

Who like Sir Irons, is all about dem DC checks.

But unlike him, has no esteemed film/stage career in the UK or the States.

Now he's a NMFF is the DC Cinemaverse.
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/2/2016, 8:09 am

@ForeverBlu wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:At least he admits it. Ben is making everything he can to save the DCEU. Cavill in the meantime has kept quiet. And here I thought he cared about the character.

It's best that Cavill STFU, now that he's revealed himself to be an idiot.

Who like Sir Irons, is all about dem DC checks.

But unlike him, has no esteemed film/stage career in the UK or the States.

Now he's a NMFF is the DC Cinemaverse.

I would love to watch a battle of wits between Cavill and Affleck. Razz

Jeremy Irons will take whatever they can't get Ben Kingsley for.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/2/2016, 2:36 pm

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/2/2016, 5:18 pm

Damn! I wish that was the second trailer we got instead of that awful official one. Looks like there are a couple of new scenes on this trailer. We'll see when it's out how it changes the movie.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/2/2016, 6:26 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn! I wish that was the second trailer we got instead of that awful official one. Looks like there are a couple of new scenes on this trailer. We'll see when it's out how it changes the movie.

Well it is adding over 30 minutes of deleted footage back into the film so I imagine a lot of editing issues will be resolved. This is the cut I've been waiting for since I skipped the theater viewing.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/28/2016, 5:25 pm

The UE is now on torrent sites everywhere.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/28/2016, 6:32 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:The UE is now on torrent sites everywhere.

Nice! I will check it out. I hope I like it more than the theatrical version.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/30/2016, 7:48 pm

I watched the UE earlier and I enjoyed it. Batfleck was great and so was Wonder Woman but I didn't care for the interpretation of The Flash or Lex Luthor but mainly cause Eisenberg is such a twitchy cunt. I skipped the theatrical cut so I have nothing to compare it to but I didn't notice any pacing issues and at the end of the three hours I was left feeling like I still wanted more of this world.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kernel_thai on 6/30/2016, 11:21 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:I watched the UE earlier and I enjoyed it. Batfleck was great and so was Wonder Woman but I didn't care for the interpretation of The Flash or Lex Luthor but mainly cause Eisenberg is such a twitchy cunt. I skipped the theatrical cut so I have nothing to compare it to but I didn't notice any pacing issues and at the end of the three hours I was left feeling like I still wanted more of this world.

This was a big upgrade over the theatrical release. Watching this the cuts they made look even more asinine. For example in the desert attack framing Superman, I believe they cut out the scene where they burn the bodies. That left the impression the Sups shot all those men during the rescue.
kernel_thai

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 7/1/2016, 8:33 am

@kernel_thai wrote:This was a big upgrade over the theatrical release.  Watching this the cuts they made look even more asinine.  For example in the desert attack framing Superman, I believe they cut out the scene where they burn the bodies.  That left the impression the Sups shot all those men during the rescue.

At the end of the 3 hours I was left wanting at least another 30 more minutes so I can't imagine how I'd have felt if I watched the 2 and a half hour cut. I didn't see anything in the UE where I felt they could have trimmed anymore, if anything I wanted some more expansion of the scenes. I am still confused as hell to what Lex was doing when he was submerged in that red liquid playing a Shell Game with a Xenopmoroph, I needed a lot more there.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Cunt on 7/1/2016, 6:46 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:

At the end of the 3 hours I was left wanting at least another 30 more minutes so I can't imagine how I'd have felt if I watched the 2 and a half hour cut. I didn't see anything in the UE where I felt they could have trimmed anymore, if anything I wanted some more expansion of the scenes. I am still confused as hell to what Lex was doing when he was submerged in that red liquid playing a Shell Game with a Xenopmoroph, I needed a lot more there.

Haven't seen the UE yet, but I felt the same way when I saw it in theatre's. I could have easily sat there for another hour with more story.
Rusty Cunt

Back to top Go down

Post by kernel_thai on 7/4/2016, 9:05 am

@WyldeMan wrote:
@kernel_thai wrote:This was a big upgrade over the theatrical release.  Watching this the cuts they made look even more asinine.  For example in the desert attack framing Superman, I believe they cut out the scene where they burn the bodies.  That left the impression the Sups shot all those men during the rescue.

I would guess Snyder was told that he would get his ultimate cut to counter butchering the TE. Another example of the mindless paring was the Jimmy Olsen scene. In the TE, the scene where Jimmy introduces himself is cut so u have no idea that Lois doesnt know him. In fact u expect the opposite if u dont live under a rock. The reveal that Olsen is CIA then becomes ridiculous.
kernel_thai

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 7/4/2016, 9:36 am

@kernel_thai wrote:I would guess Snyder was told that he would get his ultimate cut to counter butchering the TE.  Another example of the mindless paring was the Jimmy Olsen scene.  In the TE, the scene where Jimmy introduces himself is cut so u have no idea that Lois doesnt know him.  In fact u expect the opposite if u dont live under a rock.  The reveal that Olsen is CIA then becomes ridiculous.

So it seemed like Lois was just like "Fuck Jimmy, he sucked anyways?" hahahaha. I still don't understand what the point of his character's inclusions even was...
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 7/4/2016, 12:42 pm

Watched it. Definitely made the movie A LOT better. My view on Superman changed a lot, it showed a lot more scenes with Clark Kent trying to help people and doing what Superman does best. Batman was already cool. The pacing was fixed with the UE. I wish I didn't watch the theatrical version and waited for this, this should have been what we got originally. Damn!

The scene with Clark in the mountains talking to Jonathan Kent didn't need to be there though. We had enough dreams/visions already, we didn't need more of that. All so Clark could say "This is my world. You are my world." to Lois. He could have gotten there on his own.

I liked how we got an explanation on why Superman didn't see that bomb. It was covered with lead so he couldn't have seen or heard it. This is where Malone's character comes in and was extremely helpful in that aspect as well as her interaction with Lois. Lois did more digging as a reporter in this version for sure. I liked that.

Lex Luthor was better plot wise. You see that he was behind everything right from the beginning in the desert trying to frame Superman. My biggest issues with the movie are still there though:

1. I still don't like Eisenberg as Lex or "Alexander" and they should keep him in jail and give us the real Lex in JL but that's not gonna happen.

2. Doomsday is just all wrong. Period.

3. And finally the reason they stopped fighting as well as how they didn't have much dialogue when they started fighting.

Little nit picks is the introduction to JL and Jimmy Olsen that could have been done differently but it doesn't lose points for that.

Overall, an enjoyable film. It redeemed itself but it shouldn't have in the first place. I would like to see someone else's vision for the JL and the other solo movies before it goes past redemption and they have to reboot it or whatever. I'm glad Ben Affleck is EP on JL.

Suicide Squad, don't let us down!!!
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by kernel_thai on 7/7/2016, 9:50 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Watched it. Definitely made the movie A LOT better. My view on Superman changed a lot, it showed a lot more scenes with Clark Kent trying to help people and doing what Superman does best. Batman was already cool. The pacing was fixed with the UE. I wish I didn't watch the theatrical version and waited for this, this should have been what we got originally. Damn!

The scene with Clark in the mountains talking to Jonathan Kent didn't need to be there though. We had enough dreams/visions already, we didn't need more of that. All so Clark could say "This is my world. You are my world." to Lois. He could have gotten there on his own.

I liked how we got an explanation on why Superman didn't see that bomb. It was covered with lead so he couldn't have seen or heard it. This is where Malone's character comes in and was extremely helpful in that aspect as well as her interaction with Lois. Lois did more digging as a reporter in this version for sure. I liked that.

Lex Luthor was better plot wise. You see that he was behind everything right from the beginning in the desert trying to frame Superman. My biggest issues with the movie are still there though:

1. I still don't like Eisenberg as Lex or "Alexander" and they should keep him in jail and give us the real Lex in JL but that's not gonna happen.

2. Doomsday is just all wrong. Period.

3. And finally the reason they stopped fighting as well as how they didn't have much dialogue when they started fighting.

Little nit picks is the introduction to JL and Jimmy Olsen that could have been done differently but it doesn't lose points for that.

Overall, an enjoyable film. It redeemed itself but it shouldn't have in the first place. I would like to see someone else's vision for the JL and the other solo movies before it goes past redemption and they have to reboot it or whatever. I'm glad Ben Affleck is EP on JL.

Suicide Squad, don't let us down!!!

It gives u a nice insight into the mindset of the studio...they preferred a cut that made no sense at all to one whose length cut down the likelihood of multiple theater viewings.
kernel_thai

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 7/7/2016, 10:06 am

@kernel_thai wrote:It gives u a nice insight into the mindset of the studio...they preferred a cut that made no sense at all to one whose length cut down the likelihood of multiple theater viewings.

That's all studios ever care about, the theatrical length cut is always about getting the maximum number of showings per day and 30 minutes clipped out of each print allows for several more screenings, sacrificing quality for quantity. I'm always reading about studio forced cuts and very rarely do I ever see a film where I preferred the theatrical cut, only two times has that ever happened and both were 90's films, Payback and Empire Records.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 7/20/2016, 6:49 pm

Got this last night and watched the Ultimate Cut. It's definitely an improvement but it's not hugely different. It still feels like things are missing.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Cunt on 7/20/2016, 11:01 pm

Rusty Cunt

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 1/12/2017, 9:05 pm

My God, what a BOREfest!

Only an hour in and I'm dozing off.

Maybe I'll give it another try this weekend.
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 1/13/2017, 3:12 pm

@ForeverBlu wrote:My God, what a BOREfest!

Only an hour in and I'm dozing off.

Maybe I'll give it another try this weekend.

LOL! Can't believe you haven't watched it yet FB. Just make sure to watch the Ultimate Edition.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum