Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by ForeverBlu on 3/27/2016, 9:59 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
ForeverBlu wrote:Is the issue that he isn't shown struggling with any moral
Dilemma?

Does Batfleck appear to be getting off on it?

No, the issue seems to be geeks on the interwebs and critics everywhere crying foul that Batman doesn't kill ever when clearly those people have no real knowledge of Batman.

I understood when they took issue when Supes did it in MoS because he didn't have a history of it ever but Batman has always had blood soaked hands, he was born in blood and lived that way until people got sensitive and said he couldn't kill so they tried to retconn everything that came before. It doesn't bother me that he kills because this is the wise old battle hardened Batman.

I haven't heard anybody mention Batfleck's reactions to his kills just that he kills.




I'd imagine salt n peppa haired Batman wouldn't have many fucks left to give at this point.

avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3696
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 54
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by Rusty on 3/27/2016, 11:53 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

I understood when they took issue when Supes did it in MoS because he didn't have a history of it ever


I'm positive in the animated Dark Knight Returns Supes kills a heap of people. I'm certain at one point he's cutting up a heap of bad guy naval ships with his eye-beam thingy, and just lets 100's of people drown.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1894
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by WyldeMan on 3/28/2016, 7:59 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:
I understood when they took issue when Supes did it in MoS because he didn't have a history of it ever

I'm positive in the animated Dark Knight Returns Supes kills a heap of people. I'm certain at one point he's cutting up a heap of bad guy naval ships with his eye-beam thingy, and just lets 100's of people drown.

Oh yeah he "indirectly" murdered a bunch of people, I forgot about that, nice catch. 

I am never bothered when they turn a boy scout into a killer in these cases cause it's a cold fucking world and and you can't be Ward Cleaver all the time. People seem to lose their shit over this but maybe I'm just too much of a broken toy to believe in redemption or second chances, IMO more heroes should be like Rick "I don't take chances anymore" Grimes.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14840
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by WyldeMan on 3/28/2016, 8:11 am

‘BvS’: $170M U.S. Bow; $424M Global 4th Best All Time

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ruled the box office this weekend, both in international and domestic markets, bringing home an estimated $424.1 million worldwide. The record-breaking performance saw the film set a new domestic March opening weekend record and it also serves as the largest domestic opening for Warner Bros. ever. And while the clash of superhero titans was doing it's thing, Universal's counter-programming release in My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 also performed well as did Roadside's Hello, My Name is Doris and Bleecker Street's Eye in the Sky.
With an estimated $170.1 million, Batman v Superman topped the March opening weekend record previously held by The Hunger Games at $152.5 million. Should estimates hold, and WB seems to be confident they will, this also tops the $169.1 million Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 opened with in 2011, making it the largest domestic opening for the studio. This is also the largest Easter opening, topping the $147.1 million brought in by Furious 7 last year as well as the largest opening for a film based on a DC Comics property, a record previously held by The Dark Knight Rises at $160.8 million. But this weekend's records are one thing, how the film will hold up is another.
Heading into the weekend the swath of negative critical reviews were a major focus as the film now sits at a 29% rating on RottenTomatoes and no film with a rating lower than 63% on the site had ever opened over $150 million. Clearly Batman v Superman bucked that trend as it is now one of only five live action films to have ever grossed over $100 million on opening weekend with a RottenTomatoes rating lower than 30%. So does this say something about critics, about films with baked in audiences... or both?
From an audience perspective, Batman v Superman received a so-so "B" CinemaScore with a "B-" coming from males, which made up 62% of the audience, and "B" from females. Audience members under the age of 18, however, scored it an "A-", which brings our attention to next weekend. Recent films such as Avengers: Age of Ultron and Batman v Superman predecessor Man of Steel saw 59.4% and 64.6% second weekend drops respectively. It's also worth noting a large drop should be expected no matter what, if only because $27.7 million of Batman v Superman's opening came from Thursday previews.
From a historical perspective, a second weekend drop around 62% is a safe bet at this time, and anything better than 60% would show the film is holding well in the face of odds that would otherwise suggest it was in trouble over the long run. Speculation aside, it won't be until we see how far it drops that we can get a good grasp on just how big it may go, but its success doesn't rely wholly on its domestic prospects as it also got off to a very strong start overseas.
The film brought in an estimated $254 million internationally this weekend, giving it the fifth largest international opening weekend of all-time. The global opening of $424.1 million is the fourth largest of all-time. The breakdown by territory shows China leading the pack, delivering an estimated $57.3 million in its first three days, the largest opening ever for WB in China. Results from other territories include the UK ($21.9m), Mexico ($18.6m), Brazil ($12.2m), Korea ($10.5m), Australia ($10.0m), Russia ($8.5m), France ($8.4m), Germany ($8.2m), Spain ($6.3m), Italy ($5.8m) and Japan ($4.4m).
As will be the case domestically, how well the film performs next weekend in all these territories will be of vital importance when it comes to determining just how big a hit this will end up being. At this point, it looks as if Batman v Superman will become the 25th film to cross $1+ billion worldwide as The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is the only film to open with over $158 million domestically and not cross the $1 billion mark worldwide.

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14840
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by WyldeMan on 3/28/2016, 8:43 am

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14840
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 3/28/2016, 10:26 am

I'll watch the easter eggs after I check out the movie. I've been staying off spoilers shit as hard as I can, I can make it until tomorrow. Cool
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5108
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by WyldeMan on 3/28/2016, 10:46 am

Michael Shannon Wants A Serial Killer Superman
With Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice releasing this weekend, everyone want to know who is going to win the battle. Surprisingly, General Zod may have the best answer.

Michael Shannon, who played Zod in Man of Steel, was asked the question by Vulture. His answer was…unexpected:

   I’m so utterly unconcerned with the outcome of that fight. So profoundly, utterly unconcerned. I can’t even come up with a fake answer. I guess I have to root for Superman because he killed me, so I would hope that he would continue his killing spree and become like a serial killer Superman. That’s a new take on Superman. We’d all be in a heap of trouble if Superman was a serial killer. He could just wipe us all out. But then he’d be lonely.

  Isn’t he already lonely?
   Well, we’re all lonely.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14840
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by WyldeMan on 3/28/2016, 10:51 am

Deleted Scene from 'DAWN OF JUSTICE' is HERE!!


Warner Bros. Pictures has released a deleted scene that will be on the upcoming blu-ray in July, which is 30 mins longer than the one in theaters now. The scene shows you another baddie and how Lex Luthor knows about it, because a lot of people who have seen the film don't understand what Lex was saying while in Jail towards the end of the film. So it looks like they actually show you DARKSEID in this clip.

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14840
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by ForeverBlu on 3/28/2016, 11:58 am

WyldeMan wrote:
Michael Shannon Wants A Serial Killer Superman
With Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice releasing this weekend, everyone want to know who is going to win the battle. Surprisingly, General Zod may have the best answer.

Michael Shannon, who played Zod in Man of Steel, was asked the question by Vulture. His answer was…unexpected:

   I’m so utterly unconcerned with the outcome of that fight. So profoundly, utterly unconcerned. I can’t even come up with a fake answer. I guess I have to root for Superman because he killed me, so I would hope that he would continue his killing spree and become like a serial killer Superman. That’s a new take on Superman. We’d all be in a heap of trouble if Superman was a serial killer. He could just wipe us all out. But then he’d be lonely.

  Isn’t he already lonely?
   Well, we’re all lonely.





Laughing
avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3696
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 54
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by Rusty on 3/28/2016, 5:38 pm

This is review from the guy over at The Superficial. I love his reviews on comic book movies. I usually wait for them all before seeing the movie.


Eh, It Could’ve Been Worse: A Review of ‘Batman V Superman’



“Then you get out of the car and yell, ‘I’mma gonna murdelize you!‘ But do it in slow-motion so it looks totally awesome and stuff.”
“Got it. Can you see my tits through this thing?”


So let’s get this out of the way: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice is not the total shitshow it’s being made out to be. (Read: It wasn’t Sucker Punch-bad. Thank fucking God it wasn’t Sucker Punch-bad.) Nor is it some sort of genius comic book opus. It’s a stupid superhero movie that pretty much falls in line with the other stupid superhero movies despite its efforts to be, like, totally serious, bro. Because at the end of the day, as much as Zack Snyder and DC want to front that they’re doing something more “epic” than Marvel, Batman V Superman is their Iron Man 2 right down to the shoehorned setups for a superhero team and a female badass joining the final fight. Christ, there’s even a senate hearing, but enough jibber-jabber. Just because this movie was 18 hours long doesn’t mean this review has to be. Mostly.

Oh, also, SPOILERS. Haha! You almost found out Superman dies in the end. (Seriously, he does though.)


The Shit That Worked

- After the movie starts with Batman’s origin for the three people who somehow don’t know his parents get shot – and a sequence I like to call “Bat-Jesus” because Zack Snyder loves Jesus references, just loves them so hard – it jumps to Ben Affleck’s Bruce Wayne choppering in to Metropolis during the final battle in Man of Steel, and it is literally the best shit in the movie. In hindsight, I probably should’ve walked right out and went, “Welp, I sure they become friends,” and lived a fuller, richer life. Anyway, it starts right up with the Hans Zimmer score that snaps you back into the first film, that’s now stupidly better by comparison, and immediately sells Affleck’s place in this one. (Or more precisely, starts the ball rolling on shoving Henry Cavill’s Superman right the hell out of the movie.) There’s a fucking amazing shot from the ground where you see the plane crashing Superman’s baby rocket into the World Engine. And while the audience knows this was the only way to stop General Zod from turning Earth into Krypton, from the ground, all you see is a plane crashing into a giant alien ship, and oh, goddammit, now it’s falling on everything. It’s really a great moment that shows the repercussions of these superhero battles — until you realize the movie is going to beat that concept into the ground for two and a half more hours.

Saving people kills people.
Saving people kills people.
Saving people kills people!
SUPER SERIOUS GRIM DARK!
SUPER SERIOUS GRIM DARK!
BLEAKNESS BLEAKNESS!


- Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman is absolutely the highlight everyone says she is, but that probably has a lot to do with her mostly showing up at the end to do a bunch of 300 moves and having literally nothing to do with the bleak-as-shit two hours where you can practically hear the bong hit as the script goes, “Dude, what if Superman was real – and 9/11? BOOSH.”

- Right before the shitty, CGI, hey, look how sad Superman is even while doing heroic stuff like randomly tugging a boat (?) scene, there’s a shot of him actually smiling while carrying a little girl he just saved from a fire in Mexico. This is the only time in both Man of Steel and Batman V Superman where Zack Snyder gets Superman right even though I’m pretty sure Devin Faraci nailed it when he accused Snyder of hating Superman. If you wanted to make a solo Batman movie, just make a fucking solo Batman movie. Oh, wait, you basically did.

- When The Flash shows up for his weird-as-shit time travel message and says, “Am I too soon? I’m too soon,” I fucking laughed because thank God somebody at some point went, “So let’s have one second of levity, and then get right back to shooting a goddamn funeral. Deal? Deal.”

So, let’s see, four things. I liked four things about a 2 1/2 hour long movie. Good, good stuff.


The Shit That Kinda Worked

- Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice as a motion picture experience.


The Shit That Shat

*cracks knuckles*

- Let’s hit the big one. The ultimate trump card for anyone who wants to try and say to your face that BvS is finally a real comic book movie for the “fans.”

Batman and Superman literally stop their epic battle of the ages because their moms have the same name.

I 100% shit you not. Batman has a fucking Kryptonite spear that the entire movie has pounded home he’s absolutely comfortable shoving through Superman’s face, which it’s inches above, and the second he finds out their moms’ names are both Martha, he cries like a little bitch and throws that shit away. Keep in mind, this is after almost two hours of Batman straight-up murdering people like the goddamn Punisher, and now he suddenly wants to be BFFs with Superman because of their mommies. Of all the ways they could’ve ended a fight that was already bullshit to begin with, that’s what Zack Snyder went with.

“Psst, yo, dude. Our moms have the same name.”
“Whaaaa? We’re totally friends now.”


- Batman V Superman: The actual fight. Considering the goddamn title of the movie tells you these two are going to become besties by the end, the stakes for Batman and Superman fighting were already pretty low to begin with. Best case scenario, it’s awesome to look at, and shows these two characters squashing their beef in a logical, compelling manner. Well, obviously you know how that ends, so let me tell you how it begins, which is almost as equally bullshit as the mommy business.

Superman shows up and immediately tells Batman that Lex Luthor tricked both of them into a fight, confirming literally every single piece of information we’ve watched Bruce Wayne discover. And how does Batman react? No fucks. He gives no fucks.

Because in this all-new DC Movie Universe, Batman is a murderous idiot who sucks dick at detectiving. Case in point, Superman’s identity. Lois Lane figured it out. Lex Luthor figured it out. Batman? Builds a fucking spear. Also, I’d like to point out that thanks to Zack Snyder making Batman a gun-crazy kill-machine because he beats off to The Dark Knight Returns, Suicide Squad makes literally no sense now because I’m pretty sure this Batman would’ve murdered all of those people in the face instead of putting them in jail. Jesus Christ, Superman fucking saves people, and this Batman still tried to stab his brain out. So I don’t really see him being the type to lock up a clown who beat his kid sidekick to death with a crowbar in hopes he’ll get the proper psychiatric treatment. Unless that treatment is a spear. To the face.

- For a movie with Superman in title, he’s barely in this fucking thing. Which makes me feel bad for Henry Cavill because this poor guy is in the hands of a director who clearly hates his character and gives him next to nothing to do but mope around and react to an entire room full of people exploding around him like you and I react to an empty coffee pot. “Sonofa… ah, whatever.” In fact, the only thing this Superman seems to care about is boning Lois Lane, international diplomacy be damned, which is the only thing that almost makes his final sacrifice dramatic at the end. (Except not really because he just survived a nuclear bomb to the dick five minutes earlier. An actual nuclear bomb.) But mostly you just feel like, “Yeah, I’d probably kill myself, too, Superman. These people are dicks.”

- Lex Luthor. I honestly didn’t think Jesse Eisenberg was that bad. Horribly miscast, and ham-fisted, but surprisingly not as terrible as expected. Just a mediocre kind of awful. But then I found out he was supposed to play Jimmy Olsen and die in the beginning, but instead Zack Snyder told Bryan Cranston to fuck off and went, “Nope, this annoying guy. This annoying guy is my villain.” So, you know, fuck everything about that.

- The Batmobile murder spree. There’s a reason Christopher Nolan relied heavily on practical effects, and everything about this scene is why. Just goddammit. (See, also: Doomsday, still looked like a turd monster.)

- This “for the fans” bullshit. First off, I am a fan. I am a huge fucking fan. I cut my teeth on DC Comics, and Batman and Superman will always be my jam. Which is probably part of the reason why even after everything you just read, I not only still kind of liked Batman V Superman, but am genuinely interested in watching the three-hour R-rated director’s cut knowing full well it’s full of all the bullshit I just told you about. (I even want to see Justice League, too. The Justice League presented in this movie where Batman kills everyone. Why do I hate me?!) And it’s because of that bullshit that I sympathize with anyone who wants to shit all over BvS way more than someone who wants to say it’s for the “hardcore” and the “casuals” can go watch the childish Marvel movies. Really? We’re doing this? C’mon. This is how dicks don’t get touched and rape threats start bouncing around Twitter. Sure, Batman V Superman tried harder than others to unfold just like a graphic novel, but that’s how you get pseudo-intellectual wankery that also sunk The Dark Knight Rises. A movie that I’ll go on record as saying was equally as full of baffling decisions and actually longer than Batman V Superman, but I digress. My point is that even the people responsible for this new universe are already telling anyone who’ll listen that things won’t be so dark going forward. Including the guy who wrote Batman V Superman. Because as much as these movies want to differentiate themselves from Marvel, they need to embrace the fact they already do because of the characters and everything else is unavoidable. At the end of the day, its people in tights punching the shit out of things. It’s kind of hard to fuck that formula up. Like Zack Snyder just did with an eight-hour long funeral that ends with a poop monster, and an actual funeral. (Did I mention don’t bring kids to this thing? Don’t bring kids to this thing.)

GRADE: Lego Batman is already shitting on this movie. Lego Batman. P.S. I want this in my face.



EDIT: I knew I forgot something stupid. Superman’s major beef with Batman is that he’s branding pedophiles. And we know this because the movie goes specifically out of it’s way to tell us, “Yeah, okay, Batman branded a guy, BUT that guy was totally a human trafficker and a pedophile, so it kind of makes it better.” This is what pisses Superman off. Why in the shit?


Last edited by Rusty Cunt on 3/28/2016, 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1894
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by ForeverBlu on 3/28/2016, 6:30 pm

That review is hilarious.
avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3696
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 54
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by WyldeMan on 3/29/2016, 12:46 pm

THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE
In the irreverent spirit of fun that made The LEGO Movie a worldwide phenomenon, the self-described leading man of that ensemble – LEGO Batman – stars in his own big-screen adventure. But there are big changes brewing in Gotham, and if he wants to save the city from The Joker’s hostile takeover, Batman may have to drop the lone vigilante thing, try to work with others and maybe, just maybe, learn to lighten up.

DIRECTOR: Chris McKay
WRITER: Seth Grahame-Smith
STARRING: Will Arnett, Rosario Dawson, Ralph Fiennes, Michael Cera, Zach Galifianakis, Mariah Carey
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14840
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 3/29/2016, 3:09 pm

Lego Batman looks so funny, I think my little bro is going to love it.

Got my ticket from Fandango for tonight's 9PM showing. I'm going to get out by midnight probably. Last time I went was to watch The Force Awakens.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5108
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by Tyger on 3/29/2016, 5:05 pm

There's nothing during or after the credits so feel free to go when you see them
avatar
Tyger

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Utah

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by Rusty on 3/29/2016, 5:19 pm

Tyger wrote:There's nothing during or after the credits so feel free to go when you see them

That's good to know.

I'm off too see it in about 10 minutes.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1894
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by Rusty on 3/29/2016, 9:36 pm

Watched it.

Loved it.

Bring on the 3 hour director's cut.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1894
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 3/29/2016, 9:58 pm

Just got back, I liked it too. The critics were rough about this movie, more than they should have been because they were exaggerating. Now, the editing is noticeable and even I was confused by the scene jumps in some moments but that's probably nothing the director's cut won't fix I hope. I still think it was mistake to bring in Doomsday this early and the way they did it I can't say I liked.

Hated Jesse as Lex because that's not the Lex I was hoping to see. Would have been better if they used the Jesse from Now You See Me. I wanted a more quiet, cold and calculating Lex that operated in the background. I had a clear imagination of what he would be like but didn't live up to it in the movie.

LOVED Batman!!! For me, best Batman I've ever seen hands down. BLEW ME AWAY! The whole "he kills thing" didn't bother me at all, you really got to look at it from the situation. In hand-to-hand combat, he hurts them bad but doesn't kill them. Unless I missed it during the final fight, he didn't kill anyone but used the gun to his advantage. Even if he did, it's all good. It works in this world that Snyder has built.

Would like to discuss about some other stuff but I want to wait until we've all seen it. Overall, definitely enjoyed it and if this is "bad" as they say it is then it can only get better.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5108
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by Rusty on 3/29/2016, 10:03 pm

The most important thing. Amy Adams, naked, in a bath.

Thank you Zack Snyder.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1894
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by Tyger on 3/29/2016, 10:32 pm

Amy Adams side boob when turning in the bath was a definite highlight
avatar
Tyger

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Utah

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by Rusty on 3/29/2016, 11:11 pm

Hope there's more of it in the extended cut. Twisted Evil
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1894
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by WyldeMan on 3/30/2016, 7:51 am

Tyger wrote:Amy Adams side boob when turning in the bath was a definite highlight

WOAH WOAH WOAH Tyger, ok now I really got a bone to pick with you sir. You come here and all you say is "I didn't like the editing and Batman shouldn't kill!" but you tell me nothing of Amy Adams naked in a bath!?! Oh you selfish bastard.... Evil or Very Mad

Oh yeah and apparently nobody feels the need to talk about the fate of Superman??? You people are killing me here!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

On another note, I'm conflicted about seeing this in theaters or just waiting for the superior cut in a few more months....oh what to do...
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14840
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by Tyger on 3/30/2016, 9:57 am

The death of Superman did nothing for me. I know a lot of people are getting all emotional during that part, but it's this incarnation's second movie and obviously he'll be back sooner than later so it's absolutely meaningless to me.

It's funny, for a movie about Batman and Superman fighting, that Amy Adams bath scene is the one that most made me feel like a kid again, watching intently, sure I'll be able to see something that I know I won't.
avatar
Tyger

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Utah

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 3/30/2016, 10:00 am

I read that Snyder said that the cut scenes were just more fight scenes, won't do much to alter the story. I think you should go see it for yourself Wylde. I've had time to process this movie and you'll probably be disappointed with the movie because I know how much of a DC fan you are. There is a lot of stuff that could have been done or written so much better.

By the way, how do you know about the "fate of Superman" when you haven't seen the movie yet? Man, stop reading spoilers and go watch it NOW. Got plenty of stuff to discuss about it. I think you, Joey and FB are the only ones who haven't seen it yet. LETS GO!

Tyger wrote:The death of Superman did nothing for me. I know a lot of people are getting all emotional during that part, but it's this incarnation's second movie and obviously he'll be back sooner than later so it's absolutely meaningless to me.

Same. That's one of the things I didn't like but the ending was so predictable that it felt cheap.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5108
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by Rusty on 3/30/2016, 11:48 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I read that Snyder said that the cut scenes were just more fight scenes, won't do much to alter the story. I think you should go see it for yourself Wylde. I've had time to process this movie and you'll probably be disappointed with the movie because I know how much of a DC fan you are. There is a lot of stuff that could have been done or written so much better.

By the way, how do you know about the "fate of Superman" when you haven't seen the movie yet? Man, stop reading spoilers and go watch it NOW. Got plenty of stuff to discuss about it. I think you, Joey and FB are the only ones who haven't seen it yet. LETS GO!

Tyger wrote:The death of Superman did nothing for me. I know a lot of people are getting all emotional during that part, but it's this incarnation's second movie and obviously he'll be back sooner than later so it's absolutely meaningless to me.

Same. That's one of the things I didn't like but the ending was so predictable that it felt cheap.


I'm of a different mind. The fact that 90% of the movie was spoiled - not beat for beat, but I knew Supes died, I knew the Flash rocked up and said something, I even knew they stopped fighting because of their mothers name's. Knowing that shit pre-viewing made everything a whole lot easier to stomach. I think I enjoyed it immensely more because of it.

I went in with no critical expectations, and I enjoyed the crap out of it. There's some shit I could pick on, but to be perfectly honest, the whole mothers name end to the fight was the only thing that made me say "oh get fucked" out loud.

Everything else I was cool with.

Looking at all the reviews, spoilers, and fan-girl crying over the interwebs, it's apparent how fucking pathetic and retarded some of these cats really are. All the bullshit, and not a single one of them mentioned Amy Adams naked in a bath. That's why I can't take those wankers seriously.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1894
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by WyldeMan on 3/30/2016, 12:41 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:I'm of a different mind. The fact that 90% of the movie was spoiled - not beat for beat, but I knew Supes died, I knew the Flash rocked up and said something, I even knew they stopped fighting because of their mothers name's. Knowing that shit pre-viewing made everything a whole lot easier to stomach. I think I enjoyed it immensely more because of it.

Looking at all the reviews, spoilers, and fan-girl crying over the interwebs, it's apparent how fucking pathetic and retarded some of these cats really are. All the bullshit, and not a single one of them mentioned Amy Adams naked in a bath. That's why I can't take those wankers seriously.

Right there with you, I don't think comic book movies can be spoiled cause there's 75 years of source material that they're already taking from. I can give a shit about spoilers cause after you've already seen something once, it will forever be a spoiler, thus I don't give two fucks.

I love seeing how irate and worked up folks are getting over just one DC title but when it comes to all of Disney Marvel's offerings combined it's all quiet on the western front cause there isn't anything worth discussing let alone getting made about. When you go to a Marvel movie you take your popcorn and your good feelings and your family and you see that DISNEY logo and know you're in for a family fun time. But with DC and Warner Bros you know to leave the babies at home cause you're there to see some grown shit go down and some feelings are going to be hurt.

But no reviews mentioning my Cinnamon Vixen's bath time??? Inconceivable!?!!!

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14840
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 3/30/2016, 1:29 pm

I kept away from any kind of spoilers. I knew NOTHING going in to the movie. But enough about this "DC is dark" nonsense because if you don't have a good story then what's the point. I LOVED the action, breathtakingly beautiful but I had issues with characters and their motivation. The reason they got into the fight and stopped was horseshit. COME ON! It could have flowed so much better in a better script. I mean this was it for DC regardless of the money it makes, you want a movie that's satisfying. You might like the movie but you won't love it.

The Flash, I thought Ezra would look different for the role but he has a fucking ponytail, that ain't Barry. Aquaman was cool and so was Cyborg. I didn't think we were going to see these characters this way even though I knew they were in the movie so that's pretty cool.

It's a love/hate thing with this movie for me. The long wait and hype, you expect something better.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5108
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by WyldeMan on 3/30/2016, 1:58 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:The Flash, I thought Ezra would look different for the role but he has a fucking ponytail, that ain't Barry. Aquaman was cool and so was Cyborg. I didn't think we were going to see these characters this way even though I knew they were in the movie so that's pretty cool.


Ezra has bulked up and cut his hair since they filmed BvS, so for JL which they start filming in a few weeks, Barry will have short hair.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14840
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 3/30/2016, 2:27 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Ezra has bulked up and cut his hair since they filmed BvS, so for JL which they start filming in a few weeks, Barry will have short hair.

Cool! That's what I'm talking about. Gustin looks more like Barry than Ezra does at this point. Didn't really get a good look at the suit and it looked like he had an armor over it.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5108
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by WyldeMan on 3/30/2016, 2:29 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Ezra has bulked up and cut his hair since they filmed BvS, so for JL which they start filming in a few weeks, Barry will have short hair.

Cool! That's what I'm talking about. Gustin looks more like Barry than Ezra does at this point. Didn't really get a good look at the suit and it looked like he had an armor over it.

Ezra at the BvS premiere:

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14840
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by Rusty on 3/30/2016, 4:07 pm

The Flash that showed up in Bats dream look like Iron Man.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1894
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by WyldeMan on 3/30/2016, 4:24 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:The Flash that showed up in Bats dream look like Iron Man.

The rumored battle gear I take it?

Was he setting up Flashbpoint?
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14840
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by Rusty on 3/30/2016, 7:07 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:The Flash that showed up in Bats dream look like Iron Man.

The rumored battle gear I take it?

Was he setting up Flashbpoint?

Don't think so. It was about Supes and Lois. He actually says "It's all about her. Lois is the key". I guess it'll be either setting up his resurrection, or maybe when he goes batshit crazy when Lois gets killed in the future. No idea really.

Definitely see it in the theatre. The sound is fucking amazing. It's not a bad movie. I actually even enjoyed Jesse as Lex. It was weird at first but there was more to it than what the trailers led you to believe.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1894
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by WyldeMan on 3/30/2016, 7:42 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Don't think so. It was about Supes and Lois. He actually says "It's all about her. Lois is the key". I guess it'll be either setting up his resurrection, or maybe when he goes batshit crazy when Lois gets killed in the future. No idea really.

Definitely see it in the theatre. The sound is fucking amazing. It's not a bad movie. I actually even enjoyed Jesse as Lex. It was weird at first but there was more to it than what the trailers led you to believe.

I remember Lois playing a significant role in Flashpoint's resistance movement though I'm sure what you're talking from the movie is unrelated.

I'd like to see it in theaters but I have no idea if I will, I always make plans to see big movies in theaters and then I just forget.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14840
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by Rusty on 3/30/2016, 8:03 pm

I'm the same.

The Force Awakens and BvS have been the first new films I've seen in a cinema in at least 5 years.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1894
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by Tyger on 3/30/2016, 9:12 pm

It's not Flashpoint, it's Injustice
avatar
Tyger

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Utah

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 3/31/2016, 12:11 pm

Yep. Shit didn't make sense to me at the time so you have to imagine how the average viewer is going to react to it. And dreams/visions didn't help it.

There is so much stuff crammed into this movie that it's all over the place. I wanted Doomsday in a solo Superman film, would've been so much better in Man of Steel 2. Doomsday could've looked better too and should have been slightly smaller.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5108
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by kernel_thai on 4/4/2016, 11:16 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:The most important thing. Amy Adams, naked, in a bath.

Thank you Zack Snyder.
Yeah he can build the R-Rated cut around that if he wants too and add 15 minutes to the movie.
avatar
kernel_thai

Posts : 423
Join date : 2014-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by kernel_thai on 4/4/2016, 11:32 pm

The problem was they spent two hours setting up a fight between Batman and Superman when in truth Batman's motivation was set in the second scene of the movie and Superman was just a reaction to peril.

What I liked
Alfred
Batman & Bruce Wayne
Wonder Woman and how little they used her cause too much ruins it
Doomsday
Lois Lane
Who won the fight

What could have been better
Superman who could have just shown up for the fights
Lex who didnt annoy me but never struck me as the smartest guy in the room
The writer...if ur gonna frame Superman u dont do it by shooting a bunch of guys and blaming him

Definitely worth seeing
avatar
kernel_thai

Posts : 423
Join date : 2014-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 4/9/2016, 8:13 pm

The R-Rated Batman V Superman Cut May Be Coming To Theaters

At 151 minutes, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is one of the longest superhero movies ever. Giving moviegoers a main story and plenty of Easter Eggs, the movie essentially paved the way for the expansive DC Extended Universe following 2013’s Man of Steel, but there was still a fair amount that didn’t make it into the theatrical release. Some of that material is being saved for the R-rated “Ultimate Edition” home media release, but now there’s word that this three-hour cut might makes its way to the big screen first.

On the latest episode of Heroic Insider, co-host Umberto Gonzalez brought up the rumor that Warner Bros is considering releasing Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’s “Ultimate Edition” in theaters before it comes out on Blu-ray, digitally, etc. While it’s unclear how many people would see that in theaters, it definitely would add a little extra green to the movie’s haul. The “Ultimate Edition” was originally reported to be released on July 16, but that date was later debunked by Warner Bros. That said, given the common intervals nowadays between when a movie is released in theaters and when it’s released on home media, we can reasonably guess that fans will be able to own Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice sometime in July or August, maybe September at the latest.

As of this writing, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has earned over $723 million worldwide, but it’s struggling to reach the $1 billion mark. While it’s doubtful the “Ultimate Edition” would push the blockbuster past that mark, considering how many passionate supporters his movie has, you can bet a sizable chunk of them would give that version a watch in theaters, whether it’s to see more action or to fill some gaps that the original left open. However, considering the many negative reviews the current Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice cut has received over the last two weeks, Warner Bros might have trouble getting regular moviegoers to see it, especially with a three-hour runtime.

The main reason for the “Ultimate Edition” being rated R is mainly for more intense and violent sequences. However, it will also include some people who were cut from the story, including Jena Malone’s character, who is said to be Barbara Gordon. Some of the criticisms that have been directed towards Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice have been plot hole-related, so perhaps this new version will answer any lingering questions viewers have, whether they see in theaters first or in the comfort of their own home.

Whether it’s released on the big screen first or directly on him media, you’ll have to wait until later this year to watch Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’s “Ultimate Edition,” but the main cut is currently playing in theaters.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5108
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by joey con carne on 4/11/2016, 6:45 am

Watched this yesterday. I don't think it was a bad movie but I don't think it was all that great either. I paid matinee price of $6.75 and I'm just glad I didn't pay regular admission.

I'm no expert on film but I feel like Zack Snyder is really pretty good at visuals but as a storyteller, he sucks. I felt like the movie was jumbled in some parts. Jumping from scene to scene making me think the film was not edited well.

I thought Wonder Woman would be annoying but she turned out to be pretty cool and I liked her in the fight scenes. Gal Gadot is gorgeous. Gosh, so beautiful.

My fave part was that one long cut of Batman fighting the soldiers. That was really well-done. I was a little skeptical about Ben Affleck (Ben Who-ffleck?) as Bruce Wayne/Batmang but he definitely surprised me. Also read here and elsewhere Ben Affleck will be writing the screenplay, producing, and directing his Batman re-boot. Give Ben Affleck the controls and he will make something fantastic. Better than Snyder, for sure. Ben Affleck is really a fantastic actor/director/storyteller. I'm all-in for the reboot.
avatar
joey con carne

Posts : 1231
Join date : 2014-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 4/11/2016, 9:19 am

I don't think they'll do a reboot any time soon. They're going forward with the other movies and we can only hope they get better. Suicide Squad is where it's at right now.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5108
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by joey con carne on 4/11/2016, 12:25 pm

The reboot is in Ben Affleck's IMDb. That's where I saw it. There is no date on the film and it says "announced". Do regular users like us update IMDb or is it fairly accurate?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877830/

I hope it's true.
avatar
joey con carne

Posts : 1231
Join date : 2014-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by WyldeMan on 4/11/2016, 2:01 pm

joey con carne wrote:The reboot is in Ben Affleck's IMDb. That's where I saw it. There is no date on the film and it says "announced". Do regular users like us update IMDb or is it fairly accurate?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877830/

I hope it's true.

It's not a reboot but Affleck will write, direct and star in The Batman though it's as the same version of Bruce from BvS. It's either a sequel or prequel to the events of BvS and Suicide Squad, most folks like myself think that it will tie into larger parts of the SS movie since Will Smith is also being rumored to appear in Batman as well.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14840
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by joey con carne on 4/11/2016, 2:16 pm

Oh, crap. My bad. I meant "re-boot" as in a reboot to Christian Bale's Batman. But then again, I suppose the one in Batman v Superman is already technically rebooted.

Embarassed
avatar
joey con carne

Posts : 1231
Join date : 2014-12-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by WyldeMan on 4/11/2016, 2:27 pm

joey con carne wrote:Oh, crap. My bad. I meant "re-boot" as in a reboot to Christian Bale's Batman. But then again, I suppose the one in Batman v Superman is already technically rebooted.

Embarassed

Yes, the current Batflleck is the freshly rebooted Batman. Cool

For now the movie is considered a Batman solo film but because Batleck is also appearing in Skwad as well as both Justice Leagues, a solo film wouldn't make too much sense if the other four film appearances in the next three years are all building the bigger story, unless of course it is a prequel which can answer questions raised in Skwad and BvS.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14840
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice ($873,260,194)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum