BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World War Z 2 (Dead at Paramount)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

World War Z 2 (Dead at Paramount) Empty World War Z 2 (Dead at Paramount)

Post by ForeverBlu 7/7/2015, 12:58 pm

Brad Pitt will return, but Marc Forster won't.

Juan Antonio Bayona is the new Director, his previous work includes The Orphanage, The Impossible and Showtime's Penny Dreadful.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

World War Z 2 (Dead at Paramount) Empty Re: World War Z 2 (Dead at Paramount)

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/7/2015, 8:01 pm

Cool! I liked the first one more than I thought I would. It was intense! Zombies have never been done like this before as far as I'm aware of.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/12/2016, 8:48 am

Brad Pitt’s ‘World War Z’ Sequel Loses Juan Antonio Bayona as Director
Spanish director Juan Antonio Bayona has stepped down from directing Brad Pitt’s sequel to “World War Z” for Paramount.

The studio disclosed Bayona’s departure late Monday, adding that it still plans to make the film this year. The film is scheduled for release on June 9, 2017.

“Because of pre-existing film commitments, Bayona is not able to make ‘World War Z’ this year, and it is our ambition to do so,” Paramount said. “He is a wonderful director and we hope to work with him soon.”

Pitt is producing “World War Z 2” with Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner and Ian Bryce. Bayona, whose credits include “A Monster Calls” and “The Impossible,” had been attached to direct since late 2013.

The original “World War Z” was directed by Marc Forster and was based on Max Brooks’ 2006 novel “World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War.” The screenplay was written by Matthew Michael Carnahan, Drew Goddard and Damon Lindelof from a screen story by Carnahan and J. Michael Straczynski.

Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 1/12/2016, 12:17 pm

Welp.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/12/2016, 7:05 pm

I wish they would fast track this. I liked the first one.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/12/2016, 8:28 pm

I never even saw the need for a sequel. All zombie movies end the same way.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/12/2016, 9:59 pm

Same here. They ended it perfectly but apparently there is more to tell. I'm guessing the virus mutates and becomes harder to cure or something. The zombies in these movies are fast though, they're not your average zombies.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/13/2016, 1:25 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Same here. They ended it perfectly but apparently there is more to tell. I'm guessing the virus mutates and becomes harder to cure or something. The zombies in these movies are fast though, they're not your average zombies.

Yeah that's the thing, zombies are either really slow cause rotted tissue can't run or they're juiced up on speed and running a fucking marathon.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/10/2016, 6:34 pm

Pitt Courting Fincher for ‘World War Z’ Sequel
World War Z 2 (Dead at Paramount) Rexfea10
After losing director J.A. Bayona to the “Jurassic World” universe, Brad Pitt is zeroing in on an old friend for the “World War Z” sequel.

Sources have told Variety that Pitt, along with Paramount and Skydance, is in talks with David Fincher to direct the follow-up to the 2013 smash hit.

Pitt, who’s returning to star in and produce the next “World War Z” installment, recently met with a handful of other directors, but is said to be zeroing in on Fincher for the pic, which is expected to start filming in early 2017.

According to sources, Fincher and Pitt met two weeks ago to discuss the possibility of Fincher boarding the zombie tentpole. The talks were initially lukewarm, but sources now tell Variety that negotiations are much further down the road and that other director currently has an offer.

A Fincher-Pitt reunion on “World War Z” would mark their fourth film together, having previously collaborated on “Se7en,” “Fight Club” and “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.”

Fincher hasn’t directed a feature film since 2014’s “Gone Girl.” The filmmaker has been turning his attention to television as of late. He recently shot the Netflix pilot “Mind Hunters.”

Sources say Fincher, who is weary of sequels, having aired his displeasure during his time on “Alien 3,” has always been open to listening to Pitt when the actor reaches out. The duo nearly worked together on a reboot of “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” for Disney a few years ago but that collaboration never materialized.

Paramount’s “World War Z” sequel was previously dated to open June 9, 2017. After losing Bayona, however, the studio is expected to delay the film’s release.

The original “Z” was a massive hit, having grossed $540 million worldwide despite a rocky production, which included extensive re-shoots.

Plot details are unknown for the sequel, other than it still being set during a zombie apocalypse.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 8/10/2016, 6:54 pm

WHAT?!

This just got very interesting.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/10/2016, 6:58 pm

I have been wanting a sequel. Make it happen! I love how Pitt is interested in this project, he's been wanting to do it since the first movie I believe.

It's funny how I've never seen Se7en, Fight Club or The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Embarassed
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/10/2016, 8:45 pm

No, that is not funny at all. You need to get on that. The first two at least.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/10/2016, 10:02 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I have been wanting a sequel. Make it happen! I love how Pitt is interested in this project, he's been wanting to do it since the first movie I believe.

It's funny how I've never seen Se7en, Fight Club or The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Embarassed

That's because you're a fucking nonce. Twisted Evil

Benjamin Button is fantastic..
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/10/2016, 10:34 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I have been wanting a sequel. Make it happen! I love how Pitt is interested in this project, he's been wanting to do it since the first movie I believe.

Tyger wrote:No, that is not funny at all. You need to get on that. The first two at least.

Yeah I gotta agree, that's definitely not funny. I swear you grew up Amish because anybody with cable has seen these movies. HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Encore, Starz and pretty much every other premium network exists to show 80s and 90s movies around the clock every day, year after year. I think you actually have to avoid cable completely to have made it this long without seeing any of them. I bet if you checked out the 100 highest ranked films of all time, you might have seen two and probably because someone made you. Razz

This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/11/2016, 10:39 am

I will not be ganged up like this.

World War Z 2 (Dead at Paramount) 200

And I told you guys, I didn't have cable growing up. Sad
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/11/2016, 12:04 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I will not be ganged up like this.

And I told you guys, I didn't have cable growing up. Sad

You're a man now it's time you get your cable card punched.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/11/2016, 12:58 pm

WyldeMan wrote:You're a man now it's time you get your cable card punched.

Nah, I used to want it when I was a kid. They've only gone up in prices now. Besides, I got Netflix.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/12/2016, 8:49 am

UltimateMarvel wrote: Besides, I got Netflix.

Ok, so you've really got absolutely no excuse for your poor viewing habits and habitual aversion to anything pre-2000. Evil or Very Mad

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/6/2017, 3:23 pm

‘World War Z 2’ Pulled From Schedule
World War Z 2” will no longer open in June, as originally scheduled. It has been shifted to a different date, but in an unusual move, Paramount, the studio behind the zombie adventure, did not provide a new release date.

Nor did the studio provide a new release date for “Friday the 13th,” beyond saying that the horror reboot will no longer debut in October. It did say that “mother!,” a new film from Darren Aronofsky and Jennifer Lawrence, will hit theaters on October 13, 2017. That was the date when “Friday the 13th” was originally slated to premiere.

“World War Z 2” was originally supposed to debut on June 9, 2017, which would have put it against “The Mummy,” a horror adventure that will also try to attract younger crowds. The extra time will be used to develop the script. Paramount is hoping to release the film in 2018 or 2019, according to an insider.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/6/2017, 6:03 pm

Damn it! I was looking forward to this, I loved the first one. Best to forget about this for now because it'll be a while.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/8/2017, 6:50 am

Fincher Wants to Direct ‘World War Z 2’; Ball Is in Paramount’s Court
Yesterday, Paramount Pictures did some house cleaning. The studio dropped two major releases from their 2017 release schedule — Friday the 13th and World War Z 2. The studio has since officially put the kibosh on their troubled F13 reboot, but they’re reportedly aiming for a 2018 or 2019 release World War Z 2.

Today, a new report has shed some light on the status of Brad Pitt‘s zombie pandemic sequel and the only real question now is, what the hell is the hold up? THR reports that David Fincher wants to direct World War Z 2, but Paramount is dragging its heels. Yeah, you read that right. David freaking Fincher, one of the best living directors, wants to direct the freaking World War Z sequel and the studio is just like, not sure. That is straight up insane.

Per the report, a source says Fincher is “very creatively interested in directing the movie,” which would reteam him with Brad Pitt. The duo has shared a long-running collaboration, which dates back to 1995’s Se7en. Their last film together was the 2008 drama The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Fincher is also reportedly “very much on board” with the new take on the World War Z sequel from Dennis Kelley, creator of the British series Utopia, which Fincher was previously set to remake at HBO.

In case you forgot, that series got tanked by the network before HBO’s recent executive shakeup, as did his other series in development there, the 1980s-set comedy Video Synchronicity. Fincher’s HBO shows were reportedly scuttled over budget concerns, which is what makes this next part so crazy.

Paramount has no problem with the price tag Fincher is presenting. Fincher is reportedly looking to make the follow-up for less than the original’s $190 million budget, which it should be noted was an international smash success, grossing $540 million worldwide. And since Skydance is co-producing and co-financing the film, Paramount even has a financial buffer to help mitigate any perceived risk. Even so, Paramount chief Brad Grey “was not ready” to greenlight the sequel.

The whole situation is kind of baffling. Sure, the zombie craze has decidedly died down since the original film’s 2013 release date, but Fincher is exactly the kind of director that can revive a dying property, especially when he’s got a megastar like Pitt behind him. It’s also worth mentioning that Fincher’s last film was one of the biggest critical and commercial successes of his career.

“He really would like to do it,” says THR’s source. “It’s up to Paramount.” Paramount, please. Let us have a David Fincher zombie movie.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/26/2017, 6:35 pm

Fincher Close to Deal to Direct ‘World War Z 2’
After previously taking the film off its calendar, Paramount Pictures looks to be moving forward with a “World War Z” sequel, with David Fincher directing and Brad Pitt back to star, thanks to the studio’s new chairman and CEO Jim Gianopulos, according to knowledgeable sources.

While Gianopulos has not officially official greenlit the movie yet, he is expected to do so in coming weeks. This will likely be among the studio chief’s first greenlit movies. Sources say that production would probably begin in the first quarter of 2018.

Variety first reported last summer that Pitt had been courting Fincher to direct the pic and that the director was intrigued by the idea. The plans had to be put on hold while Pitt dealt with his divorce from Angelina Jolie, and were put into question once the studio, then headed by Brad Grey, took the film off the calendar to consider whether or not to move forward with the tentpole.

Gianopulos has since taken over the studio reins and over the past month, has been weighing which projects to pursue and let go from the previous regime’s slate.

If the deal is finalized as expected, it would mark a big milestone in the long development process that started last summer. Pitt met with a handful of directors but nothing materialized until he decided to reach out to Fincher to try and woo him for another collaboration.

Gianopulos has a long standing relationship with the director, going back to Fincher’s most recent film, 2014’s “Gone Girl,” which Gianopolus gave the go-ahead to when he was chairman at 20th Century Fox. Fincher and Pitt made their 1999 feature “Fight Club” at Fox.

Fincher hasn’t directed a film since “Gone Girl.” The filmmaker has been turning his attention to television as of late. He recently shot the Netflix pilot “Mind Hunters.”

Sources say that Fincher, who is weary of sequels, having aired his displeasure during his time on “Alien 3,” has always been open to listening to Pitt when the actor reaches out. The duo nearly collaborated on a reboot of “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” for Disney a few years ago, but that project never move forward.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 4/27/2017, 5:07 am

This is really happening.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/27/2017, 12:43 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:This is really happening.

It would appear so.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 4/27/2017, 1:09 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

It would appear so.

This should be interesting.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/27/2017, 2:01 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

It would appear so.

This should be interesting.

Been a long damned time since Fincher made a quality film.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 4/27/2017, 6:16 pm

Not a fan of Gone Girl or The Social Network Wylde?

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/27/2017, 6:56 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Not a fan of Gone Girl or The Social Network Wylde?

Nope, could barely sit through one viewing of those movies let alone multiple showings over many years like I could with Se7en or Fight Club.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/27/2017, 7:10 pm

This is good news! I loved the first one and Pitt needs to make some good movies again.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/20/2018, 10:37 pm

While they are taking their sweet time to make the sequel, there is a new game coming out nexy year.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/21/2018, 6:14 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:While they are taking their sweet time to make the sequel, there is a new game coming out nexy year.

Fincher chose to delay it again so that he could get season 2 of Mindhunter out.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/21/2018, 7:38 am

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:While they are taking their sweet time to make the sequel, there is a new game coming out nexy year.

Fincher chose to delay it again so that he could get season 2 of Mindhunter out.

... and considering Fincher is also a Directer that will do 100 takes of one shot, do not expect this sequel to land before 2020.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/21/2018, 12:28 pm

Rusty wrote:... and considering Fincher is also a Directer that will do 100 takes of one shot, do not expect this sequel to land before 2020.

He's an absurd lunatic IMO, the final product rarely matches the effort he demands.

How many Fincher films have you had repeat viewings of?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/21/2018, 11:22 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty wrote:... and considering Fincher is also a Directer that will do 100 takes of one shot, do not expect this sequel to land before 2020.

He's an absurd lunatic IMO, the final product rarely matches the effort he demands.

How many Fincher films have you had repeat viewings of?

Pretty much all of them. I can't get enough of his movies. Shit, I watched Panic Room again just last night. Only one I haven't watched more than once is Alien 3. Actually, I'm not sure I've watched that one at all. Only other one I haven't seen multiple times is House of Cards.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/22/2018, 6:58 am

Rusty wrote:Pretty much all of them. I can't get enough of his movies. Shit, I watched Panic Room again just last night. Only one I haven't watched more than once is Alien 3. Actually, I'm not sure I've watched that one at all. Only other one I haven't seen multiple times is House of Cards.

Seven and Fight Club are the only Fincher films that I've ever owned.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/11/2019, 9:35 am

World War Z 2 Is Dead at Paramount
World War Z 2 (Dead at Paramount) World-10
World War Z 2 is dead. It's time to pour one out for the sequel that never was and (probably) never will be. Brad Pitt, who starred in the original 2013 movie adapting author Max Brooks' zombie novel of the same name, has been trying to get the project going for years now and even managed to get his pal and frequent collaborator David Fincher to sign on to direct, which was something of a surprise. Despite all of that effort and lots of hope, Paramount has decided to pull the plug.

According to multiple reports, after months of dragging their feet on the issue without officially giving the movie the green light, Paramount has finally made a decision about World War Z 2. It's just not one that Brad Pitt and likely many moviegoers would like to hear. No one factor is to blame, but there are several elements that contributed to this. One of which relates to the budget. While David Fincher reportedly was aiming to make the sequel for less than the reported $190 million price tag of the first movie, Paramount doesn't make quite as many movies as other major rival studios. So when it comes to their blockbusters, they have to be choosy. In this case, they chose to put the money elsewhere.

Not coincidentally, the studio recently gave the go-ahead to Mission: Impossible 7 and 8, following the success of last summer's Fallout. Those will come at a high cost and they're going to shoot back-to-back for release in 2021 and 2022, respectively. They're also working on several installments of the Transformers franchise, including a Bumblebee sequel and, again, those are pricey to make. As such, World War Z 2 wound up on the cutting room floor.

The hope was that the movie could have possibly begun shooting this summer. They were even tentatively staffing up and locking down possibly shooting locations. Reportedly, Brad Pitt isn't happy about the movie being scrapped, which is understandable. He's poured a lot of time into getting this project going just to see it fall apart. David Fincher, meanwhile, is working on Mindhunter season 2 for Netflix and, by the looks of it, this was going to be his next gig. Now, he's going to have to find something else to occupy his time. Though, that shouldn't be difficult to accomplish.

World War Z was released in 2013 and, following an incredibly troubled production that resulted in massive reshoots, the movie was a pretty reasonable success, earning largely favorable reviews on its way to a very solid $540 million worldwide. With a star like Brad Pitt, and especially with the director of Seven and Fight Club making a big blockbuster sequel for the first time in his career, with a more reasonable budget, it's easy to see where this could have been a winner. Sadly, at least for now, this one needs to be put to rest.

This news was first reported by The Playlist.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/11/2019, 11:28 am

I'm not surprised. Too many excuses and too much delays. The first one is still great and I didn't really expect a sequel when I first saw it, it had a good ending.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/11/2019, 6:26 pm

Good, the first was disappointing and this was a waste of everyone’s time in the first place
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/11/2019, 6:35 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I'm not surprised. Too many excuses and too much delays. The first one is still great and I didn't really expect a sequel when I first saw it, it had a good ending.

Tyger wrote:Good, the first was disappointing and this was a waste of everyone’s time in the first place

Hahaha Very Happy

Still need to watch the first.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/11/2019, 7:50 pm

You really don’t
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/11/2019, 8:01 pm

Haha, that bad? I've read people don't like the fast zombies.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/11/2019, 9:10 pm

I don’t hate fast zombies, it’s just not a good movie
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/11/2019, 9:14 pm

Tyger wrote:Good, the first was disappointing and this was a waste of everyone’s time in the first place

Disappointing compared to what? It was different than your usual zombie shows/movies.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/11/2019, 10:57 pm

Different doesn’t mean good (or bad), stop thinking like a studio head.

Besides that, it’s not even that different. It had an aimless production and lots of bad CG. It’s just meh.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/12/2019, 12:01 am

Tyger wrote:Different doesn’t mean good (or bad), stop thinking like a studio head.

Besides that, it’s not even that different. It had an aimless production and lots of bad CG. It’s just meh.

That's what's held me back. Always thought the trailer looked like it relied heavily on CG, which I generally hate in movies.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next