BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Netflix Announces First Feature Film Slate

4 posters

Go down

Netflix Announces First Feature Film Slate Empty Netflix Announces First Feature Film Slate

Post by WyldeMan 7/7/2015, 10:47 am

Netflix Announces First Feature Film Slate Netfli10
EXCLUSIVE: Netflix has firmed plans to release its first batch of theatrical-quality films. The streaming service’s feature film initiative begins with the October 16 release of Beasts Of No Nation, the drama about a child soldier torn from his family and pressed into fighting a civil war in an African country. The film is directed by True Detective‘s Cary Fukunaga and starring Idris Elba as a warlord who mentors the young man (played by Abraham Attah). Based on the novel by Nigerian author Uzodinma Iweala, Beasts will be released on Netflix in all territories, and on the same day it will be released in select U.S. theaters by distributor Bleecker Street. That will qualify the film for awards season consideration. Amy Kaufman and Fugunaga produced with Daniela Taplin Lundberg, Riva Marker, Dan Crown and Elba. Jeff Skoll and Jonathan King and Donna Gigliotti are the exec producers.

The second release will be The Ridiculous Six, the first of four films that Adam Sandler will star in and produce through his Happy Madison banner. The comedy premieres on Netflix December 11, with Sandler starring alongside Terry Crews, Jorge Garcia, Taylor Lautner, Rob Schneider, Luke Wilson and Nick Nolte. Sandler’s The Wedding Singer helmer Frank Coraci directed the comic ensemble Western from a script by Tim Herlihy and Sandler, and Sandler and Allen Covert produced it.

Netflix has scheduled a first quarter 2016 release of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: The Green Legend, which will be released globally to Netflix subscribers and will also be released theatrically in China and in IMAX. The film, directed by legendary martial arts choreographer Yuen Wo-Ping from John Fusco’s adaptation of the Wang Dulu novel Iron Knight, Silver Vase, stars Michelle Yeoh who reprises her role as Yu Shu-Lien, Donnie Yen, Harry Shum jr, Jason Scott Lee, Roger Yuan, Eugenia Yuan and Natasha Liu Bordizzo. The Weinstein Company produced the film, with Harvey Weinstein, Peter Berg and Sarah Aubrey producing, and Morten Tyldum, Ralph Winter, Anthony Wong and Bey Logan the exec producers.

The final film on Netflix’s inaugural feature slate will be the March 2016 release of Pee-wee’s Big Holiday, with Paul Reubens reprising his signature irrepressible man child character. Reubens cooked up the film with Judd Apatow, and Reubens and Paul Rust wrote it with John Lee directing.

As Deadline scooped last month, Netflix continues to push the envelope on its feature initiative when it acquired the David Michod-directed War Machine, with Brad Pitt starring as a character based on Gen. Stanley McChrystal, for a time the commanding general of international and U.S. forces in Afghanistan. The film is a satirical comedy inspired by the bestselling book The Operators: The Wild And Terrifying Inside Story Of America’s War In Afghanistan, by the late journalist Michael Hastings. Script was written by Michod, whose credits include Animal Kingdom and The Rover. Pitt and his Plan B cohorts Dede Gardner and Jeremy Kleiner will produce with Ian Bryce. That film will likely be Netflix’s largest budget film so far, around $40 million below the line, with Netflix paying a premium to take off the table a film that traditional prestige film distributors were salivating over. As Netflix continues to broaden globally a subscriber base that has grown beyond 62 million, the streaming service will continue to challenge the conventions of the feature film business.

Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Netflix Announces First Feature Film Slate Empty Re: Netflix Announces First Feature Film Slate

Post by WyldeMan 7/7/2015, 10:58 am

Netflix is locking down in some of these cases Oscar caliber films which will also get theatrical runs for the prestige factor and I think that's going to be a huge draw for a lot of very talented actors wanting to work with them both in tv and in film. I never would have thought it was going to become quite the powerhouse it has become and we should definitely fear them if they ever venture into Cybernetics but until then, I'm just gonna enjoy their upcoming projects.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Netflix Announces First Feature Film Slate Empty Re: Netflix Announces First Feature Film Slate

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/7/2015, 8:05 pm

Same here. Way back, I used to think Blockbuster would one day become the the number one place for entertainment but little did I know. Netflix is the future and I like what they've done so far.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/7/2015, 9:17 pm

Blockbuster was pretty much always shitty though. The "New Release" wall would have like three year old movies and their genres made no goddamn sense.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/8/2015, 6:50 am

Netflix has a good formula going for them now. Hope they can keep the momentum going.

I enjoyed Blockbuster for their by-mail rentals. Good value for only $20 bucks a month. Also, one of their distribution centers was in my town. Movies within one day. The mailman always said to me "Hey, it's showtime!" and handed me my movies. I rented so many movies the mailman probably thought I was nuts.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/8/2015, 11:17 am

joey con carne wrote:Netflix has a good formula going for them now. Hope they can keep the momentum going.

I enjoyed Blockbuster for their by-mail rentals. Good value for only $20 bucks a month. Also, one of their distribution centers was in my town. Movies within one day. The mailman always said to me "Hey, it's showtime!" and handed me my movies. I rented so many movies the mailman probably thought I was nuts.

If you saw the same guy everyday and you had such a fast turn around, I'd have messed with him. Murder movies one day, religion the next, look guilty, don't talk. Cool

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down