BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)

+2
UltimateMarvel
WyldeMan
6 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by WyldeMan 6/21/2016, 8:45 am

Affleck Offers An Update On BATMAN Solo; Says It May Not Make Its Expected Release Date
It looks like you might have to wait just a little longer for Batman's next solo adventure because it sounds like Ben Affleck is going to take all the time he needs to first perfect the script.

Following his upcoming appearances as Bruce Wayne/Batman in David Ayer's Suicide Squad, which hits theaters in August, and in Zack Snyder's Justice League, which is currently in the midst of filming, Affleck's next confirmed appearance as the Caped Crusader will come in his own solo feature film, that is, unless he pops up in Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman next year. Warner Bros. hasn't been kind enough to divulge exactly when his solo film will arrive, but considering they've already slated a DC Films release for October 2018 & November 2019, one of those two dates is likely for the Batman. 

Speaking with press at the much-publicized Justice League set visit that occurred last week, the Academy Award-winner, who is co-writing and directing the solo feature, shared a promising update on the status of his eagerly-awaited film. Read his comments below:

“I think they have a date for it. Although, I don’t know if I would necessarily be able to make that date because I don’t have a script that’s ready yet. So that’s my—my timetable is I’m not going to make a movie until there’s a script that I think is good because I’ve been on the end of the things when you make movies when you have a script that’s not good yet and it doesn’t pan out.” [laughs]

Well, that should be a welcome update for any fan desiring a top-notch Batman film and when you look at Affleck's resume, if time is what he needs to deliver the best Batman film possible, then most fans should agree that he can have all the time in the world. It also seems like he's really embracing the mythology and iconography that goes along with the character and is doing everything in his power to make the definitive Batman film. Affleck follows-up his earlier comments by admitting that he does have a draft of the script, but it's not where he wants it just yet and he won't go into production until it is: 

“I have a script, we’re still working on it, and I’m not happy enough with it yet to actually go out there and make a Batman movie, for which I have the highest of standards, I would say. That’s something that would have to pass a very high bar for me. It’s not just like, ‘Yeah, that might be fun, let’s go try this out.’”

Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2016, 10:23 am

Current rumors have Affleck and Johns' script placing Batman in Arkham. Cool

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/20/2016, 12:42 pm

I heard. That would be so FUCKING AWESOME! I can't imagine the possibilities of doing something like that.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2016, 1:20 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I heard. That would be so FUCKING AWESOME! I can't imagine the possibilities of doing something like that.

Batman, Joker, Hush, Riddler, Red Hood, Catwoman and Poison Ivy in an Asylum match! Some of Batman's greatest enemies locked in one prison with him.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/20/2016, 1:36 pm

A Serious House on Serious Earth
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2016, 1:50 pm

Tyger wrote:A Serious House on Serious Earth

Could definitely draw heavily from that story but it is supposed to be a mostly original script based on source material.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/11/2016, 10:24 am

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/11/2016, 3:29 pm

Drake? Right cause that's the ex-Robin we've all been asking for....

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/11/2016, 5:34 pm

I want Tim Drake in a movie. I'd like a good Grayson too, but we haven't had a Tim Drake at all.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/11/2016, 5:44 pm

Steven McQueen was going for Nightwing a while ago I think, time to go after it again.

I can see this guy as Tim Drake but Grayson is the one we need for this version of Batman and McQueen would be my first choice. He was ripped a while ago and can be in the same shape as Affleck.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/11/2016, 6:06 pm

Tim Drake or Damien Wayne, two characters I couldn't give a fuck about. Sleep

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/11/2016, 6:09 pm

How dare you, sir. Tim Drake is way better than Damien.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/11/2016, 6:21 pm

Tyger wrote:How dare you, sir. Tim Drake is way better than Damien.

If Gotham held a draft, Tim Drake would be Mr Irrelevant, which is also a much better crime fighter name than Red Robin.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/11/2016, 7:00 pm

The Red Robin name predates Drake. Tim Drake has the best detective skills of all the Robins and doesn't have a cliche backstory. I'd like to see Grayson as Nightwing, but if we're getting a living Robin, I want it to be Tim.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/11/2016, 8:07 pm

Tyger wrote:The Red Robin name predates Drake. Tim Drake has the best detective skills of all the Robins and doesn't have a cliche backstory. I'd like to see Grayson as Nightwing, but if we're getting a living Robin, I want it to be Tim.

The problem with comic characters is each readers experience with them is so different because of how much material there is over how many decades and how many iterations of each character. All I remember is being bored with Drake, I couldn't name a story where he ever stood out to me, there are one shot villains I remember better.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/11/2016, 10:40 pm

I never liked Tim Drake until Young Justice. I'm a big fan of Nightwing though so I'll always pick Grayson as the best Robin of all.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/2/2017, 7:34 am

Affleck Seems Ambivalent About Directing ‘The Batman’
Though he told Variety just two weeks ago that “everything is coming together” for the production of “The Batman,” a standalone film that he would direct and star in, in his latest interview didn’t sound so optimistic.

When he spoke to Variety at a New York screening of his new film “Live By Night,” he said, “We’re still finishing up a script. I’m very excited.”

But on New Year’s Day, Britain’s The Guardian released an interview ahead of the U.K. opening of “Live By Night” that made the project sound much more iffy. “That’s the idea,” he told The Guardian. “But it’s not a set thing and there’s no script. If it doesn’t come together in a way I think is really great I’m not going to do it.”

It’s not the first time Affleck has seemed hesitant about making the DC Comics film, which is set to star Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke and is projected to open in 2018. He’s said repeatedly he doesn’t want to force it. Also in December, he told Entertainment Weekly, “I’m not going to write and direct anything that I don’t think is good enough to be made.”

Starring Affleck and Elle Fanning, the period gangster film “Live By Night” opened in limited release on Christmas Day and so far hasn’t made much of an impression. It will have another shot at drawing interest when it opens wide on Jan. 13.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/2/2017, 8:54 am

Nice! This is a guy who wants to make a great Batman movie. It'll be the best DCEU movie yet, I'm sure of it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/2/2017, 3:47 pm

I bet, after the critical disaster of BvS, the big wigs are just being a bunch of interfering pricks. Even though that's probably what fucked BvS up (and Suicide Squad) in the first place.

If there's still no script, you just know that's the case, considering SS was written in mere weeks.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/10/2017, 7:31 am

Affleck Affirms He’s Directing ‘The Batman’; Asks Bros to Give Him a Second
Yesterday rumors surfaced that the filming dates for The Batman have been pushed back, this coming on the heels of Affleck wavering a bit on his directorial commitment by saying he won’t make the film unless the script is worthwhile. Last night, however, Affleck went on Jimmy Kimmel Live to reaffirm his commitment to directing The Batman while also kindly asking fans to chill the f out.

“I’m gonna direct the next Batman, we’re workin’ on it. It’s one of those things that’s really frustrating because like with Live by Night, it took me a year and a half to write it and get it ready and I worked really hard, it’s just nobody gave a shit. No one was like ‘Where’s Live by Night?!’ But with Batman I keep getting the like, ‘Where’s the fucking Batman?!’ and I’m like ‘Bro I’m workin’, give me a second!”

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/10/2017, 4:11 pm

Is it me or did the title misunderstand the quote Ben gave? To me it seems like he's asking for a second as in more time to work on it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/10/2017, 4:48 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Is it me or did the title misunderstand the quote Ben gave? To me it seems like he's asking for a second as in more time to work on it.

I understood the title, Affleck's like "Hey bros, get off my tip and let me write this shit" He's ready to bro down with The Batman but dudes just wont back off.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/10/2017, 5:15 pm

When I read the title, before reading the article, I interpreted it as Ben asking for a second Batman film to do Very Happy

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/10/2017, 6:59 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I understood the title, Affleck's like "Hey bros, get off my tip and let me write this shit" He's ready to bro down with The Batman but dudes just wont back off.

If you understood the title without reading the article then you get an applause, sir!

Rusty Cunt wrote:When I read the title, before reading the article, I interpreted it as Ben asking for a second Batman film to do Very Happy

That's what I thought. The "Bros" I thought was referring to WB. Fuck me! Whoever wrote that article should find a different job.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/10/2017, 7:08 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:

Rusty Cunt wrote:When I read the title, before reading the article, I interpreted it as Ben asking for a second Batman film to do Very Happy

That's what I thought. The "Bros" I thought was referring to WB. Fuck me! Whoever wrote that article should find a different job.

Probably deliberate. It's all about clicks, and a vague heading is click-bait.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/10/2017, 7:13 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:

Probably deliberate. It's all about clicks, and a vague heading is click-bait.

So you bros are telling me I'm the only bro here who interpreted it as a second in time and not a second sequel?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/10/2017, 7:26 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Probably deliberate. It's all about clicks, and a vague heading is click-bait.

That's true.

WyldeMan wrote:So you bros are telling me I'm the only bro here who interpreted it as a second in time and not a second sequel?

Yeah, bro. You're the only one out of all of us bros here. Now let us bros leave Ben to do his thing.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/10/2017, 8:16 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:Probably deliberate. It's all about clicks, and a vague heading is click-bait.

That's true.

WyldeMan wrote:So you bros are telling me I'm the only bro here who interpreted it as a second in time and not a second sequel?

Yeah, bro. You're the only one out of all of us bros here. Now let us bros leave Ben to do his thing.

Shiiiit, we're totally broin down in here.

I really don't know how dudes talk like that, it's the male equivalent of the Valley Girl.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/10/2017, 9:03 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

I really don't know how dudes talk like that, it's the male equivalent of the Valley Girl.

Haha I never got it either. I watch a couple car vlogs on Youtube, and every second word is bro. I spend half my time laughing.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/11/2017, 5:51 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Haha I never got it either. I watch a couple car vlogs on Youtube, and every second word is bro. I spend half my time laughing.

Sometimes I say bro ironically but to talk like you're a frat boy well into your 30s? You just know those dudes are still wearing their Ed Hardy swag.....

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/31/2017, 10:53 am

Ben is no longer directing
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/31/2017, 4:23 pm

Tyger wrote:Ben is no longer directing

Thanks for the heads up, here's more info.

Ben Affleck won’t direct Batman, a development that has been in the wind for weeks. He has been wavering and finally decided not to go forward as director, remaining as star. The studio is eyeing a shortlist of shooters that includes Captain Fantastic helmer Matt Ross but the first conversation will be with Matt Reeves, who just helmed the latest Planet of the Apes installment.

Affleck, who most recently helmed Live by Night, wrote the script with Geoff Johns, and a rewrite was just turned in by Chris Terrio, the Oscar-winning scribe of the Affleck-directed Argo. Our sister publication Variety was first to confirm Affleck’s exit as director.

While Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan turned out iconic Batman series, it is a much tougher situation having to not only direct but also star in these films. That prospect finally prompted Affleck to reconsider double duty. He’s still firmly committed to starring and now can focus on the Batman role that he first played in Batman v Superman and briefly in Suicide Squad. He reprises in the upcoming Justice League.

Said Affleck: “There are certain characters who hold a special place in the hearts of millions. Performing this role demands focus, passion and the very best performance I can give. It has become clear that I cannot do both jobs to the level they require. Together with the studio, I have decided to find a partner in a director who will collaborate with me on this massive film. I am still in this, and we are making it, but we are currently looking for a director. I remain extremely committed to this project, and look forward to bringing this to life for fans around the world.”

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/31/2017, 6:30 pm

I just got in from work and I read this, I started freaking out and then I read what he said and I understand where he's coming from. I'm sure he'll be heavily involved still and the keyword in that statement being "partner in a director." Wink All is good my friends!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/11/2017, 6:17 am

Warner Bros Offers ‘Batman’ Franchise To Matt Reeves
The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 2 Matt-r10

I’ve heard Warner Bros has offered the directing job on its Batman franchise to Matt Reeves, the filmmaker who just finished War For The Planet Of The Apes for Fox. This comes weeks after Ben Affleck decided that directing and starring in such a massive undertaking was too much. The emergence of Reeves is hardly a surprise; it was known he was the filmmaker the studio engaged when Affleck made his decision after weeks of wavering.

If the deal makes, this is a big opportunity for Reeves, who became a director to watch on the sleeper genre hit Cloverfield, and followed with the remake of the hit vampire coming-of-age import Let The Right One In. Reeves took the leap to event-sized films with Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, the first of his two films in that hit series for 2oth Century Fox. The latest installment, War For The Planet of the Apes, will be released by Fox July 14. Word is that film would have put him on the tent pole A list, so what better time to take on a high profile assignment like relaunching Batman as a free standing franchise for Warner Bros and DC?

There have been two films by Tim Burton, two more by Joel Schumacher and then the Dark Knight trilogy by Christopher Nolan. All this started when Affleck agreed to write a script with Geoff Johns, for Affleck to star and direct. Warner Bros and DC have been working on getting that launch film right, with the most recent rewrite turned in by Affleck’s Argo scribe Chris Terrio, sources said. Reeves is repped by CAA and 3 Arts. Stay tuned to this Batchannel to see if the deal consummates.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/11/2017, 10:01 am

I don't know what to think about this. Will have to wait and see how War For The Planet Of The Apes turns out. Trailer looks awesome so we'll see.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/11/2017, 10:15 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I don't know what to think about this. Will have to wait and see how War For The Planet Of The Apes turns out. Trailer looks awesome so we'll see.

Reeves has already proven himself to me, it's DC and Warner that make me nervous now.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/23/2017, 12:13 pm

Matt Reeves Confirmed As New ‘Batman’ Director
Warner Bros has made official that Matt Reeves will be the director who relaunches the next iteration of Batman. There were reports this might not happen, but this amounted to a hiccup in negotiations where the studio tried to pay him a salary lower than he could have gotten for doing another movie.  While Fox would have loved for this to unravel so that it could tie him down for a third Planet of the Apes installment (pre-buzz on his second film in the series is strong), the studio came to its senses, though I’m not sure it was ever really in doubt. They’re still figuring out the whole Batmovie: Ben Affleck stepped out as director, and some have wondered if he’ll be back as the brooding superhero for a new film series, after he plays him in the upcoming Justice League. He and Geoff Johns wrote the original script, and I’ve heard that Chris Terrio did some script work as well. Bottom line is that Reeves seems capable of being that next guy to take the giant leap into the Bat-sphere. So this was a complex deal that factored in the inevitable sequels, as Tim Burton, Joel Schumacher and Christopher Nolan all made and got paid well to helm.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/16/2017, 7:07 pm

With Batfleck back on the bottle, Batman production has been pushed to 2018 and they're reporting a page one re-write is also happening. Rolling Eyes

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 3/16/2017, 8:39 pm

Thought Ben didn't want to be Batman anymore.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/17/2017, 6:54 am

ForeverBlu wrote:Thought Ben didn't want to be Batman anymore.

Depends on what he's been drinking.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/17/2017, 12:02 pm

So if production is pushed to 2018 does that mean the movie will come out sometime in 2019 or 2020?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/17/2017, 3:59 pm

joey con carne wrote:So if production is pushed to 2018 does that mean the movie will come out sometime in 2019 or 2020?

Probably 2020.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/17/2017, 4:20 pm

Oh, come on. And with your post, Wylde, I just lost all interest. It's bullshit. Marvel is able to crank out what seems like one movie a year and has a great formula going on with it's Netflix shows (Except Luke Cage, that one was just awful). What DC property has been produced recently?

Watchmen - I like this one
Batman with Christian Bale - Pretty good
Green Lantern - Piece of shit
Man of Steel - I thought this was okay
Batman v Superman - Bigger piece of shit than Green Lantern
Suicide Squad - Saw parts of this and liked what I saw
Justice League - I don't even have to watch this yet and I know it's going to be a piece of shit thanks to Zack Snyder
Wonder Woman - I'm actually pretty hopeful for this one even if it is an origin story

All we get is delays with DC. And what they put out is not even that impressive. BOOOOOOOOO
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/18/2017, 1:21 pm

joey con carne wrote:All we get is delays with DC. And what they put out is not even that impressive. BOOOOOOOOO

DC has a stable full of high quality whores and none of them are beating treated like the bottom bitches they truly are cause Warner doesn't understand their talent.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/18/2017, 1:30 pm

Fucking DC..... Evil or Very Mad
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next