BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)

+2
UltimateMarvel
WyldeMan
6 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by Rusty 9/25/2017, 7:04 pm

I don't want to see another Batman movie, so I don't want another Batman.

I want Birds of Prey.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/26/2017, 4:51 pm

Damn FB! The hate is real. I like him as Batman and he's the best thing to happen to the DCEU..........until Gal Gadot. Very Happy

Last edited by UltimateMarvel on 9/26/2017, 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/26/2017, 6:37 pm

Rusty wrote:I don't want to see another Batman movie, so I don't want another Batman.

I want Birds of Prey.

The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 4 Om3i
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/9/2017, 4:08 pm

Affleck is back in rehab again...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/9/2017, 6:30 pm

Damn! He seemed ok during the press tour for Justice League.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/13/2017, 3:10 pm

Affleck Is Planning His DC Exit, Won't Commit to The Batman
Ben Affleck's version of Batman may very well be done in the DCEU following his appearance in Justice League. The star, at one point, was attached to co-write, direct and star in The Batman, the upcoming solo movie centered on DC's Dark Knight, but those days have long since passed. Now, it appears that Affleck won't even be playing the titular character in The Batman, as he admits it's not a certainty in a new interview.

Justice League is set to arrive in theaters this weekend and Ben Affleck has been out promoting the movie, which is the culmination of the entire DCEU up to this point. When asked about appearing in The Batman, which still doesn't have a release date, Affleck said it's "something I'm contemplating," casting doubt on his appearance in the first solo Batman movie in this new DC movie universe. He went on, adding that nobody does it forever and that he wants to find a "graceful" way to leave the role behind. Here's what he had to say.

"You don't do it forever, so I want to find a graceful and cool way to segue out of it."

Even since it was announced Ben Affleck isn't going to be directing The Batman, his future in the DCEU has been in doubt. It's been a roller coaster of rumors suggesting he's not going to play Batman again, with conflicting reports saying he's going to play the part for years to come. Over the summer, during Warner Bros.' presentation for Justice League at San Diego Comic-Con, Affleck seemed to squash rumors that he's walking away from the part, expressing a great amount of enthusiasm for Batman.

"Let me be clear. Batman is the coolest f---ing part in any universe. I am so thrilled to do it. It is f---ing amazing. After two films, Kevin Tsujihara, Sue Kroll and Toby Emmerich have said, 'We want you to be our Batman.' I would be an ape on the ground for Matt Reeves. It's a great time in the DC universe, and you can see why I am so excited to play Batman."

Considering the turmoil that's surrounded the production of Justice League, it's possible that Ben Affleck just wanted to play ball and not create any more negative press ahead of the release. It looks like Justice League will avoid the critical lashing that Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice took and it's set to dominate at the box office this weekend. Now that it looks like the movie is, more or less, in the clear, Affleck seems to be more willing to express doubt about the future of his Bruce Wayne.

The DCEU is showing no signs of slowing down and they have movies lined up for years. Assuming Justice League does what it's supposed to do, Warner Bros. is going to keep pumping them out. Batman is an enormous part of that universe and, even if they have to "gracefully" usher Ben Affleck out of the role, they're going to want someone playing Batman in future DCEU movies. Based on these new comments made to USA Today, put your money on Affleck hanging up the cape and cowl in the near future.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/13/2017, 3:10 pm

Just Flashpoint this bitch and hand the Cape and Cowl over to Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 11/13/2017, 3:45 pm

Bye Ben!!!

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/13/2017, 4:17 pm

After JDM though, they'll still need a Bruce Wayne which means casting a younger actor. I keep going back every time thinking "Why the FUCK did they go with an older Bruce?" Evil or Very Mad I like Ben in this role but DC takes it's sweet time getting these movies out.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 11/13/2017, 4:43 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:After JDM though, they'll still need a Bruce Wayne which means casting a younger actor. I keep going back every time thinking "Why the FUCK did they go with an older Bruce?" Evil or Very Mad I like Ben in this role but DC takes it's sweet time getting these movies out.

Because 20 year old superheroes are whiny annoying dickheads.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/13/2017, 5:51 pm

Rusty wrote:Because 20 year old superheroes are whiny annoying dickheads.

And according to all YA movies, 20 year olds are three years too old to even be capable of saving the world. So if you're not 17 then you gotta be at least 47.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/17/2017, 8:33 am

We've got an early Batman replacement rumor that could prove awesome.

While no short list exists for the public with the names of any potential replacements for Batfleck, meetings have started taking place and Jake Gyllenhaal has attended one or two of them. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Now if that pans out will remain to be seen but that would be one hell of a way to get Batman back on track....
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 11/17/2017, 8:47 am

Given the trajectory of Jake's career in recent yrs, not surprised he's
being considered.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/17/2017, 11:56 am

ForeverBlu wrote:Given the trajectory of Jake's career in recent yrs, not surprised he's being considered.

I don't think he touches anything without an almost certain chance for an Oscar nom anymore.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/17/2017, 2:07 pm

That would be awesome but I also don't know how they'll go about this. I'd love for him to play Bruce Wayne otherwise they'd have to scrap what they've done with the DCEU so far. This whole thing has been a mess anyway, why the heck would he sign up for this?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/17/2017, 2:55 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:That would be awesome but I also don't know how they'll go about this. I'd love for him to play Bruce Wayne otherwise they'd have to scrap what they've done with the DCEU so far. This whole thing has been a mess anyway, why the heck would he sign up for this?

I have no idea, his latest movie is a biopic and now he's talking Batman? That's crazy.

But given they are creating an entire multiverse of standalone movies with multiple Jokers, who knows what they're doing with Bats.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/21/2017, 12:04 pm

The Batman Won't Be a Reboot, Even with a New Actor
In the wake of Justice League, Ben Affleck's future as Batman in the DCEU continues to be called into question. The actor has suggested in recent interviews that he may be done with the role and recently, it was reported that The Batman director Matt Reeves may be eyeing Jake Gyllenhaal to take over in the upcoming solo movie. Now, we have some new details on the movie, which make the possibility of Affleck not returning all the more interesting.

When the news of Jake Gyllenhaal's possible involvement in The Batman broke, it was reported that Matt Reeves' proposed Batman trilogy would take place either before the events of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice or outside of the DCEU continuity altogether. According to film reporter Mario Francisco-Robles, The Batman will take place after the events of Justice League and will just be swapping out actors. Here's what he had to say about it.

"The Batman will not be a prequel or reboot. It's the [Justice League] Batman... [Jake Gyllenhaal] will be almost 40 when The Batman is out. He still has operated for 20 years, but his age will be less of the focus."

This news is coming from an "unnamed source" so it should most definitely not be taken as gospel, but it's certainly worth considering. It's not unheard of to have an actor swapped out and have continuity continue. Val Kilmer picked up the role of Batman after Tim Burton's movies and his version picked up where Michael Keaton left off. It's also happened with slightly less significant roles, like when Don Cheadle replaced Terrence Howard as James Rhodes in the MCU. But audiences are more slavish to continuity these days and some may not love the idea. Mario Francisco-Robles also says the Jake Gyllenhaal casting is likely to be confirmed at some point.

"[The Gyllenhaal] news will probably be confirmed, because now Affleck is most likely not coming back. The last few weeks have been clear he wants out. It's a bummer. So I think that is why the [Gyllenhaal] stuff is leaking harder."

The other factor to consider is that Justice League didn't even bring in $100 million at the box office this weekend. Considering that's the lowest opening weekend for a DCEU movie so far, it puts Warner Bros. in an interesting situation. Some of their future DCEU movies were likely going to be determined by Justice League's performance at the box office. The question becomes, how does that affect The Batman?

As of right now, Matt Reeves is signed on to direct The Batman, but there's no word on a release date. According to the report, via El Fanboy, "Reeves is going to do some stuff influenced in crime film and deep Batman mythos" with the movie. That sounds like something Batman fans would like to see, but it almost certainly won't be Ben Affleck behind the cowl this time around.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/21/2017, 12:07 pm

So they're gonna Batman Forever this and just slide Gyllenhaal into the Cowl like he's always been there.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/8/2017, 10:13 am

Jon Hamm to Replace Ben Affleck in The Batman?
The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 4 The-ba10
For a while, it's looked like Justice League could be Ben Affleck's final turn as Batman in the current DC movie universe, which means another actor is going to have to replace him at some point for The Batman. Now, a new report claims that former Mad Men star Jon Hamm is gunning hard for the role. He and Affleck have been good friends ever since working together on The Town in 2010, but this new report claims Hamm is willing to do what it takes to get the role in Matt Reeves' The Batman and that this "is business." Here's what an unnamed source had to say about the situation.

"Jon's gunning hard for the role...They enjoyed working together and have been on good terms ever since. But Jon knows Ben has faced some criticism over Batman v Superman and Justice League, and frankly thinks he'd be better suited for the job. This is business for Jon, not personal."

Jon Hamm is 46-years-old currently and Ben Affleck is 45, so they're pretty much the exact same age. That means The Batman, should Hamm ultimately get the gig, would still feature an older, grizzled, seasoned version of the Caped Crusader. Said the source, "Of course, Ben's not officially out of the role yet. but the writing's on the wall, and Jon's desperate for the gig, friend or not." Matt Reeves, who's been tapped to direct The Batman for Warner Bros., has reportedly been looking at other actors to replace Affleck. Jake Gyllenhaal was recently said to be in contention and this report also notes that he's "chasing" the role.

"Matt thinks Jon is charming and was a big fan of Mad Men, so it seems like a great transition to him. Jake Gyllenhaal has also been chasing the role, and Matt has definitely been considering him. But Jon is closer to Ben's age and look, and will be a smoother replacement to fit into the plans already in place."

Originally, Ben Affleck was going to write, direct, co-write and star in The Batman. However, he eventually decided to walk away from directing the first solo outing for the Dark Knight as part of the DCEU and Matt Reeves, coming off of War for the Planet of the Apes, was brought on board. Affleck's script was thrown out and, at this point, it's totally unclear what direction Reeves is taking the movie. Either way, this would be a huge get for any actor and that's why Jon Hamm wants the role so badly and has been "carefully courting" Reeves.

"Things have been going great for Jon since Mad Men wrapped. An iconic part like this would take his career to the next level. He doesn't care whose toes he has to tread on to get there."

Indeed, Jon Hamm has enjoyed success after Mad Men. Most recently, in Edgar Wright's Baby Driver. But getting to play one of the biggest superheroes on the planet for one of the best directors working in Hollywood currently is on another level entirely. So, even though this new info from Radar Online should be regarded as rumor for now, it's not hard to imagine Hamm wants to be The Batman.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/8/2017, 11:03 am

Is this going to be a reboot or a continuation of the character we have now just with a different actor?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/8/2017, 11:16 am

joey con carne wrote:Is this going to be a reboot or a continuation of the character we have now just with a different actor?

Continuation, like when Keaton's Batman became Kilmer's.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/8/2017, 12:01 pm

I think Hamm could easily be the best Bruce Wayne yet, undecided on Batman
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/8/2017, 1:04 pm

Tyger wrote:I think Hamm could easily be the best Bruce Wayne yet, undecided on Batman

That's exactly how I felt....Outside of Baby Driver where he used guns I don't see Hamm as a fighter.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/8/2017, 9:06 pm

I remember you wanting Jon Hamm for this role a while back Wylde.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/8/2017, 9:55 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I remember you wanting Jon Hamm for this role a while back Wylde.

Well that makes one of us.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/9/2017, 1:36 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:I remember you wanting Jon Hamm for this role a while back Wylde.

Well that makes one of us.

Yes, you thought he had the look of the character. This was before they went with Ben.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/9/2017, 2:41 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Yes, you thought he had the look of the character. This was before they went with Ben.

That was so damn long ago man, I also still liked Flash and Arrow back then too and thought the DC Universe was going to be amazing but the last several years have proven to be nothing but a steaming pile of shit.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/11/2018, 3:50 pm

Since Affleck won't stop fucking around and just give them an answer as to whether or not he will return to Batman, talks with Jake Gyllenhaal have fallen through since in talks cause he's got way too much other shit to do and can't wait around for Affleck to finally give his answer.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/11/2018, 3:52 pm

Good. I don't want Jake anywhere near this garbage. I would have made a great Bruce/Bats but not at this point in time given that they don't know what the hell they're doing.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/11/2018, 3:54 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Good. I don't want Jake anywhere near this garbage. I would have made a great Bruce/Bats but not at this point in time given that they don't know what the hell they're doing.

Seriously, he's got Oscar's to be nominated for, he ain't got time for Affleck to keep falling off the wagon.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/12/2018, 3:26 pm

Now that Gyllenhaal is no longer attached and months of Affleck's drunk ass crying about how he wants to keep being Batman have passed, Matt Reeves is now looking at a brand new Bruce again because Affleck still can't get his shit together and the studio is looking to move forward with another Batman reboot.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/12/2018, 4:09 pm

Is Ben Affleck really a raging drug addict and alcoholic?

Or is he just an asshole (minus the drugs and alcohol)?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/12/2018, 4:18 pm

joey con carne wrote:Is Ben Affleck really a raging drug addict and alcoholic?

Or is he just an asshole (minus the drugs and alcohol)?

He's not quite at Johnny Depp's pathetic drunk level of spending more time on the ground than he does standing but Affleck is still a mess.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/12/2018, 6:46 pm

They should have Affleck be Batman but they should make sure he doesn't protract his shoulders so much like he did in Justice League. Who would be the villain? Hopefully they use a cool villain like Deathstroke. They will probably be lame and use Raz Al Gool or Joker again.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/12/2018, 7:44 pm

joey con carne wrote:They should have Affleck be Batman but they should make sure he doesn't protract his shoulders so much like he did in Justice League. Who would be the villain? Hopefully they use a cool villain like Deathstroke. They will probably be lame and use Raz Al Gool or Joker again.

Too bad they cancelled plans for the Flashpoint movie in favor of a shitty Flash standalone.

Flashpoint would have introduced us to Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Thomas Wayne as Batman.

The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 4 Jeffre10
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/12/2018, 10:53 pm

Yeah I figured the casting of Thomas and Martha had to be more than cameos
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/13/2018, 6:30 am

Tyger wrote:Yeah I figured the casting of Thomas and Martha had to be more than cameos

For a long time it was supposed to lead to more but now they've opted for a standalone Flash film with Snart and Thawne as the villains and Jay Garrick just another throwaway cameo while Flash jumps through time since they're now claiming the Back to the Future route is their plan so they're retreading where the tv show has spent the last four years already with the same characters but this version will cost $200 million and take six years to put two hours on film.

Everything about the way they're adapting these DC properties is just upsetting to me and I wish they'd just stop this mess.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/13/2018, 4:44 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Everything about the way they're adapting these DC properties is just upsetting to me and I wish they'd just stop this mess.

A lot of miscast roles. A reboot with just Gal and Henry would have been awesome.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/23/2018, 6:04 am

So Batfleck is finally going back to rehab for the third time. Who knows maybe in a few months he might even want to be Batman again but right now this is Bruce Wayne, getting ready for some Jack N the Box pre-hab that he made his ex wife/roommate drive him to. Rolling Eyes

They just sit there looking ashamed while he eats in the backseat alone. Razz

The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 4 Ben-af10

The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 4 Ben-af11
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/25/2018, 11:28 am

I read about this. Very sad, I feel sorry for him. But what an amazing person Jennifer Garner is for taking care of him like that. Cheating on her was the biggest mistake of his life.

I thought he was in rehab months ago?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/25/2018, 1:47 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I read about this. Very sad, I feel sorry for him. But what an amazing person Jennifer Garner is for taking care of him like that. Cheating on her was the biggest mistake of his life.

I thought he was in rehab months ago?

Nope he's been falling down drunk for months. It's doubtful he'll even stay the full term cause he quits everything except being a drunk piece of shit.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/31/2019, 4:34 pm

‘The Batman’ To Fly In Summer 2021; Ben Affleck Passes The Torch To Next Generation Of Bruce Wayne
The Batman ($600 Million Worldwide Box office)  - Page 4 Bvs-1010
EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros. is dating their next rendition of Batman for June  25, 2021. This is the one that Matt Reeves has been attached to as writer and director. Ben Affleck, we hear, will not be donning the Dark Knight’s tights after playing the Caped Crusader in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad and Justice League and that’s because this movie will focus on a younger Bruce Wayne.

Reeves boarded Batman in February 2017, taking over for Affleck who was originally set to direct off a script he wrote with DC’s Geoff Johns. Affleck, we understand has a busy plate:  As Deadline exclusively broke he is starring in and producing the feature adaptation of Kate Alice Marshall‘s novel I Am Still Alive, which Universal won in a competitive bidding scenario. The two-time Oscar winner is also starring in the Warner Bros.’ Gavin O’Connor drama Torrance. Affleck worked hard on The Batman story, but knew he wasn’t the right one for this particular version. A search is underway for a new Dark Knight.

The Batman will not be based on Frank Miller’s Batman: Year One comic which is one of Reeves’ favorites in the Caped Crusader canon.

Affleck tweeted about the news:

Excited for #TheBatman in Summer 2021 and to see @MattReevesLA vision come to life. https://t.co/GNgyJroMIO
— Ben Affleck (@BenAffleck) January 31, 2019

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 1/31/2019, 8:00 pm

Two years away. What a joke.

How's Ben doing with his alcoholism these days? Life is so hard.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/1/2019, 12:33 pm

What a waste of time. They should have gone with a younger Batman from the beginning and saved themselves a lot of headache now.

So, it'll be the same character with ties to the Justice League but a younger actor? It's going to be weird. Might as well recast Ezra too while they're at it because he's not a good fit.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/1/2019, 1:38 pm

When you say Ezra is “not a good fit”, do you mean he runs like a f’ing homo? If that is what you meant, I would agree with that assessment.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next