BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

+4
Tyger
joey con carne
UltimateMarvel
Gamma626
8 posters

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 11 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 2/21/2015, 12:35 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:
GrooThePerverted wrote:HA! this is fantastic!

Holy shit that was funny.

I'm not in the first 50%, but damn that was good.

He performed that DEEP in hick country, 10 minutes from me and that show was dead silent except for people booing and threatening to shoot him during that bit prior to that people were going nuts for me but they turned fast. I was laughing so hard that after a while I noticed so many angry looks I thought that I was gonna get shot after the show lol. Incidentally enough, months later on the series finale of Legit "Sober" was pretty much this bit adapted to an episode, it was all about how much he hates guns and most of that act made its way into the episode. He also performed some of that exact bit verbatim during his final act onstage on the series too. You guys should check it out.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/21/2015, 5:29 pm

That standup was funny as hell! I'm' going to have to watch the full show now. Says it's on Netflix. Thanks for posting that!

And by the way, I'm anti guns so I pretty much agree on all his points but his delivery is what makes in hilarious and entertaining.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/21/2015, 5:33 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I'm anti guns

I will accept this as a correct answer as long as you admit that you are pro-people being stabbed and brutally beaten to death. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 2/21/2015, 7:05 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

I will accept this as a correct answer as long as you admit that you are pro-people being stabbed and brutally beaten to death. Cool
I can be anti-guns AND anti people dying.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/21/2015, 11:02 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Nope, this game is called Devil's Advocate, choose one or the other.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/22/2015, 4:16 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
GrooThePerverted wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

You are EVIL! Then I choose NOT to play this game. Cool

Anyone watching the Oscars tonight?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/22/2015, 5:13 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:You are EVIL! Then I choose NOT to play this game. Cool

Anyone watching the Oscars tonight?

I'm Pro-Purge, so I'm down to clown. Cool

Haven't watched the Oscars in years. Over the past five years I think I've seen maybe 1 of the best picture nominees each year. I looked at the noms and have seen nothing any of the lead actors and actresses were up for, same as the movies. I just don't keep up on the kind of movies they give these awards to.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/22/2015, 5:17 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Haven't watched the Oscars in years. Over the past five years I think I've seen maybe 1 of the best picture nominees each year. I looked at the noms and have seen nothing any of the lead actors and actresses were up for, same as the movies. I just don't keep up on the kind of movies they give these awards to.

Same here but I think I might tune in tonight. It's Sunday, it's late and I got nothing better to do. lol!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/22/2015, 6:06 pm

I got The Walking Dead and my continued disappointment in it to keep me busy.

Family Guy
12 Monkeys
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 2/22/2015, 7:39 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
GrooThePerverted wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

This is the dumbest "devil's advocate" of all time, because there's no benefit to picking one over the other.  Your stance is "people are gonna die anyway, so why have gun control" but enacting gun control does not lead naturally to stabbings/beatings.

So no, I'm pro gun control and anti people dying by guns/stabbings/beatings/etc.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/22/2015, 7:56 pm

Gun control is an illusion, nothing but a tin sign on school fences, as long as guns remain there will never be gun control.

Now back to the random thread.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/22/2015, 8:42 pm

How long is the Oscars? It's still fucking going!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/22/2015, 10:31 pm

JK Simmons won! He's a great actor. I'm glad Birdman also snagged three wins. I do wish Michael Keaton won for best actor, though. afro
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/23/2015, 12:01 am

In the poker game of life, women are the fucking rake.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/24/2015, 7:49 am

I had to look up what a "rake" was in poker. I didn't know that. : )

I fulfilled my Disney Movie Club obigations within three weeks. That was easy. Now I am a VIP member! Will wait a bit and cancel soon so I can get another nine or eleven movies. Awesome.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/24/2015, 12:41 pm

joey con carne wrote:I had to look up what a "rake" was in poker. I didn't know that. : )

I fulfilled my Disney Movie Club obigations within three weeks. That was easy. Now I am a VIP member! Will wait a bit and cancel soon so I can get another nine or eleven movies. Awesome.

That line is from Rounders, it's something Ed Norton says to Matt Damon. Also one of the most common things to hear around the poker tables if you sit down with any experienced players. It's something I have heard time and again at the years around the tables.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/25/2015, 7:30 am

Disney XD is revisiting Ducktales. The network said today that it has ordered a new animated comedy series based on the Emmy-winning series that aired from 1987-1990 as part of The Disney Afternoon daily syndicated cartoon block. The new series is slated to launch in 2017. Produced by Disney Television Animation, Ducktales will again star Disney’s iconic characters Scrooge McDuck, his grandnephews Huey, Dewey and Louie, and Donald Duck.

The new series will follow Scrooge McDuck, his curious and mischief-making grandnephews — Huey, Dewey and Louie — and the optimistic yet temperamental Donald Duck as they embark on high-flying adventures worldwide. Other beloved characters slated to be in the new stories are: Duckworth, Gyro Gearloose, Launchpad McQuack, Flintheart Glomgold, Magica DeSpell & Poe, Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys (Burger Beagle, Bouncer Beagle), Mrs. Beakley and Webbigail Vanderquack.
“DuckTales’ has a special place in Disney’s TV animation history, it drew its inspiration from Disney Legend Carl Barks’ comic books and through its storytelling and artistic showmanship, set an enduring standard for animated entertainment that connects with both kids and adults,” said Marc Buhaj, SVP, Programming and General Manager, Disney XD. “Our new series will bring that same energy and adventurous spirit to a new generation.”
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/25/2015, 9:46 am

My HSBC security device for online banking came in this morning. I'm going to smash it with a hammer over the weekend. If it's big enough, I might use my Cold Steel Brooklyn Crusher baseball bat to destroy it. YESSSSSSSSS

Hulk smash!

HSBC sucks.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/25/2015, 3:27 pm

My copy of Big Zero 6 came to a post office in my town yesterday morning. Then it went to the post office that services my zip code yesterday morning. In the afternoon it went back to the initial post office in my town and as of this morning, it went to Jersey City and subsequently departed Jersey City.

I wonder where it's going.

The blu-rays from Disney Movie Club are packaged very poorly so I can imagine that the movie is smashed to pieces by now.

I'll likely have to ask Disney to send me another one and I have no sympathy doing so because they charge a shitload for shipping and handling. They should use a better mail service. Instead of media mail they should at least use first class.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/25/2015, 3:41 pm

joey con carne wrote: They should use a better mail service. Instead of media mail they should at least use first class.

Fuck Media Mail. I'm still waiting for a Laser Disc that was sent Oct 17.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/25/2015, 4:02 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote: I'm still waiting for a Laser Disc that was sent Oct 17.

October 17, 1979? Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 2/25/2015, 8:02 pm

GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/25/2015, 8:27 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote: I'm still waiting for a Laser Disc that was sent Oct 17.

October 17, 1979? Cool

Haha. 2014, doo-doo head.

It was Jackie Chan's Drunken Master II. One version of The Laser Disc, and an Australian release on VHS, are the only two releases that include the full uncut version, with Cantonese language, English subtitles, and in its proper aspect ratio.

Every other edition has been hacked, trimmed, or dubbed in English - or all 3. Which sucks as I think it's his best film.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/25/2015, 10:49 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:

Finally a Mary Poppins for the whole family!!!

Groo did you notice that metal group has a Spokane address? Maybe you can catch this live. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/25/2015, 10:50 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:It was Jackie Chan's Drunken Master II. One version of The Laser Disc, and an Australian release on VHS, are the only two releases that include the full uncut version, with Cantonese language, English subtitles, and in its proper aspect ratio.

Every other edition has been hacked, trimmed, or dubbed in English - or all 3. Which sucks as I think it's his best film.

Do you frequently import Jackie Chan movies or was this just a rare find?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/25/2015, 11:41 pm

Rare find.

I have his Police Story films on Blu-ray ... and look for others were I can, but DM II is a gem, and all the DVD and Blu-Ray releases of it are fucking garbage.

There are other Laser Disc versions, but only 1 is any good, and it doesn't pop up very often.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/26/2015, 9:03 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Rare find.

I have his Police Story films on Blu-ray ... and look for others were I can, but DM II is a gem, and all the DVD and Blu-Ray releases of it are fucking garbage.

There are other Laser Disc versions, but only 1 is any good, and it doesn't pop up very often.

I think I've seen maybe two of his movies, one of them was probably Rush Hour. Is he your favorite martial arts actor?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/26/2015, 9:36 am

Big Zero 6 came! It finally made it after it's trip around New Joisey. My bro grabbed it for me and I made him open it up. He said the slipcover has some minor blemishes (damn it) and there are a few creases (FUGGGGGGG) in the slip but other than that it looks good.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

One more to go!

I like the Jackie Chan movie "Who Am I?". I thought it was pretty fun and the girl in it was pretty cute. Her acting abilities left a lot to be desired but she's cute in the movie. Heh heh her acting was so bad it would take my mind out of the movie. haha hard to explain.

Edit: My Big Hero 6 slip is fucking destroyed. God damn it. Look at this bullshit. My brother got my hopes up when I asked him about the slip (he received it for me) and he said "It's just a minor scuff but it's pretty much mint. That is not "pretty much mint".

Random Thoughts - Page 11 J7RrVmul
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 2/26/2015, 11:44 pm

Random Thoughts - Page 11 Yqo71riukwppyodn5u6o
If you haven't already filed your taxes, you're probably considering TurboTax, the widely used software that makes filing a return easy for our nation of babies and dimwits. Consider an alternative: according to two former high-ranking employees, the company ignored rampant refund theft because it could take a cut.

Intuit, the corporation that owns TurboTax, is an unequivocally evil firm that's spent millions of dollars lobbying the IRS to make sure filing your taxes is enough of a pain in the ass that you'll continue using TurboTax. The company also took some heat after widespread fraud and identity theft was discovered inside the system—so much heat, in fact, that TurboTax had to briefly stop processing state returns. Now, two Intuit insiders say the existence of mass fraud wasn't just an oversight, but intentional negligence from the top: TurboTax was able to rake in revenue from faked filings.

Robert Lee and Shane MacDougall, both former security executives at Intuit, spoke with KrebsOnSecurity.com about the company's dubious practices: Identity thieves have been creating fake accounts in droves to cash in on strangers' legitimate refunds. It's a simple maneuver: plug in someone else's Social Security number and other tax identification, then go through the same TurboTax steps as normal—only they bank the refund deposit, not you:

Lee said he was mystified when Intuit repeatedly refused to adopt some basic policies that would make it more costly and complicated for fraudsters to abuse the company's service for tax refund fraud, such as blocking the re-use of the same Social Security number across a certain number of TurboTax accounts, or preventing the same account from filing more than a small number of tax returns.

"If I sign up for an account and file tax refund requests on 100 people who are not me, it's obviously fraud," Lee said in an interview with KrebsOnSecurity. "We found literally millions of accounts that were 100 percent used only for fraud. But management explicitly forbade us from either flagging the accounts as fraudulent, or turning off those accounts."

It's a near perfect online scam: with hacked social security numbers and other personally identifying fragments flooding the web, fraudsters need only create a free TurboTax account to siphon away someone else's refund. And because TurboTax allows filers to pay for the price of the software with their refund before they actually receive it, there's no need to submit or falsify a credit card number—it's free money for both Intuit and crooks.
Even more disturbingly, MacDougall says he was brushed off by management when he told them their company was providing an extremely easy and effective way to steal from the very people it purports to help:

"Complainant repeatedly raised issues with managers, directors, and even [a senior vice president] of the company to try to rectify ongoing fraud, but was repeatedly rebuffed and told Intuit couldn't do anything that would 'hurt the numbers'," MacDougall wrote in his SEC filing. "Complainant repeatedly offered solutions to help stop the fraud, but was ignored."

Intuit denies that it has a large fraud problem, or that it deliberately allowed fraud to take place because it was good for its bottom line. Which, of course, because that's the response from every thoroughly evil corporation when they're caught with their pants down. I suggest using a certified accountant, because there's a statistically much lower chance that you'll be letting a sociopathic entity handle your taxes.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/27/2015, 12:31 am

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:Rare find.

I think I've seen maybe two of his movies, one of them was probably Rush Hour. Is he your favorite martial arts actor?

Yeah he is. I grew up on his flicks in the 80's. If he was a white American, he would be known as the greatest performer in the world. His stunt work (he does all his own stunts, and some of them are unbelievable), is second to none.

As far as I'm concerned the dude is the inspiring force for Parkour, whether its "creators" know it or not.

During the credits to most of his films, they show how they set up his bigger stunts, and also show all the fuck ups. The guy has put some serious hurt on his body over the years. It's also why he doesn't do a lot of films in the US. He has trouble getting insurance there.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/27/2015, 8:04 am

Unfortunately, I wasted money with H&R Block software this year. After I imported my prior-year TurboTax file into Block, everything was fucked up. My mom has some rental property with depreciation schedules. All but one depreciable asset calculation was wrong. I investigated the issue, which was a huge pain in the ass because Block software looks like shit when you print to PDF, and noticed that Block changed all the depreciation conventions, periods, and methods.

Are they stupid or something? It wasn't big glaring mistakes but that's just sloppy. Everything was off by a few dollars (relative to each amount). But still, you don't go changing depreciation methodologies as the IRS keeps track of this shit. Like I said, it probably wasn't enough to set off any red flags but as an accountant, I want to do this correctly.

I tried to manually override Block's numbers and change the methodologies but it wouldn't let me. I tried for about two hours and then decided to just cut my losses and go back to TurboTax.

I started filing my mom's returns back in 2007. I took my mom's 2006 return from her accountant and just input the numbers into TurboTax with no issues. I just copied the methodologies used by her accountant and boom, I was done. TurboTax may be a shady company but they have not done me wrong yet except for the shitty way of marketing their product.

TurboTax does charge me a bunch of money, though. This year I spent $60 on the software, $88 on two extra states, and then $40 to file those two extra states. Total TurboTax cost to file my return this year was $188. If I went to a professional it would have cost me upwards of $400. Not a bad deal, I suppose. I also wasted $35 on H&R Block, so if you factor in that bullshit, my total cost of tax filing this year cost me $223. Average in my mom's return that I will file in a few weeks, the average goes down a bit. Yay.

Next year, I'm still sticking with TurboTax. They may suck but at least they are consistent year after year.

Rusty Cunt wrote:Yeah he is. I grew up on his flicks in the 80's. If he was a white American, he would be known as the greatest performer in the world. His stunt work (he does all his own stunts, and some of them are unbelievable), is second to none.

As far as I'm concerned the dude is the inspiring force for Parkour, whether its "creators" know it or not.

During the credits to most of his films, they show how they set up his bigger stunts, and also show all the fuck ups. The guy has put some serious hurt on his body over the years. It's also why he doesn't do a lot of films in the US. He has trouble getting insurance there.
That is the one thing I will absolutely, 100% concur with about Jackie Chan. That man is a god damn maniac. My favorite part about watching his films is the end credits when they show all the goofs and stunts behind-the-scenes.

I may not like some of his work and some of the comedic elements he puts into his movies but he is still one of my favorite martial arts film stars.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/27/2015, 12:22 pm

TurboTax double charges you $35 at the beginning and end of your filing and there is absolutely no way to remove the extra charge. BOTH are filing charges. This is the last year I ever use these cunts again, after 12 years I'm done with them.

Family Guy
12 Monkeys
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 2/27/2015, 2:47 pm

Can you be a little more specific as to which version you used? I remember asking you last year and you didn't pay anything near that.

I purchased Turbo Tax Premier for $60 which includes free filing for federal and free filing for NY state tax returns. For some reason filing NY is free. I had to purchase two states for $88 and then another $20 to file each making it cost me $40 to file. Again, my federal and NY state returns were "free" as they were included in the $60 software cost.

Why did they charge you two times to file? It should be included in the price of the software. I'm also assuming you did not file personal income taxes as Washington state does not have that.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/27/2015, 3:33 pm

joey con carne wrote:Can you be a little more specific as to which version you used?

It was supposed to be the basic free one, then they said I couldn't file online after 12 years of filing online unless I upgraded to their next level for $35, bullshit. Then at checkout it added an addition $35 for filing charges.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/27/2015, 11:19 pm

These are my favorite commercials ever!!! I love how marketing research tells them that you can basically tell people if they take a pill they are going to fall a part and die horribly, but it's ok because the people in the commercials are always smiling and its always sunny and 80 degrees. Lets take the puppies for a walk in the park, oh whats that you say that my muscle twitch may become permanent? I didn't notice because you were smiling and taking pictures of puppies. Oh it's picnic time? I did not catch that part about how I may die if I take your pills. LMFAO........I feel sorry as fuck for people who are Bi-Polar to begin with but options like this would make me eat my shotgun before I took this shit.

NIGHTMARE FUEL

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 2/27/2015, 11:28 pm

WyldeMan wrote:These are my favorite commercials ever!!! I love how marketing research tells them that you can basically tell people if they take a pill they are going to fall a part and die horribly, but it's ok because the people in the commercials are always smiling and its always sunny and 80 degrees. Lets take the puppies for a walk in the park, oh whats that you say that my muscle twitch may become permanent? I didn't notice because you were smiling and taking pictures of puppies. Oh it's picnic time? I did not catch that part about how I may die if I take your pills. LMFAO........I feel sorry as fuck for people who are Bi-Polar to begin with but options like this would make me eat my shotgun before I took this shit.

NIGHTMARE FUEL

GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/28/2015, 12:46 am

GrooThePerverted wrote:

All the films I've seen him in over the years and I never seen any of his standup before.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 2/28/2015, 1:27 am

WyldeMan wrote:
All the films I've seen him in over the years and I never seen any of his standup before.

Same, and I could have gone longer without seeing it. That shit was unfunny.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 2/28/2015, 1:52 am

It's not "standup" it's a part of one of his one man shows.  Buncha monologues, different characters, etc.

That one was performed on MTV back in the day on their "Spoken Word Unplugged", but it came from his show "Pounding Nails In The Floor With My Forehead".

They're not meant to be standup comedy funny type, just different characters, some funny, some tragic, some dramatic, etc.

I thought it was funny, but more from how sadly true it seems sometimes with all the side effects on medicine.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/28/2015, 1:22 pm

I just had a random thought, why the hell aren't you people watching the very cool 12 Monkeys series on SyFy? It's way better than the movie, while still staying true to the material in many aspects. I'm telling you people you're missing out on good sci fi.

Family Guy
12 Monkeys
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 2/28/2015, 1:27 pm

I fell behind. Saw the 1st three episodes.  Have the rest ready to watch.  I think after I finish House of Cards today I'll get into that again.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/28/2015, 1:30 pm

Good because we need more people to help breakdown and discuss WHAT IN THE HELL is going on. Timey wimey manipulation is getting crazy! So many shadowy figures and mysteries! HELP US.

Family Guy
12 Monkeys
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/1/2015, 9:22 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Good because we need more people to help breakdown and discuss WHAT IN THE HELL is going on. Timey wimey manipulation is getting crazy! So many shadowy figures and mysteries! HELP US.

I know! You and I are the only ones so far. Great show that keeps you guessing while keeping you interested. Love it so far!

Guys, check this poor guy out:

Skydiving is on my bucket list and I'm scared of heights. After seeing them fall from first person view, I'm having second thoughts now. lol!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/1/2015, 11:40 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Skydiving is on my bucket list and I'm scared of heights. After seeing them fall from first person view, I'm having second thoughts now. lol!

That video literally makes me want to book a skydiving trip for next weekend...
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/2/2015, 7:59 pm

WyldeMan wrote:That video literally makes me want to book a skydiving trip for next weekend...

You're crazy! Just don't get a seizure while you're up there. My number one concern above all is thinking, "What if the parachute doesn't open and the second one fails me?" affraid
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next