Point Break ($85,086,188)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Point Break ($85,086,188)

Post by WyldeMan on 5/26/2015, 9:18 pm

In Alcon Entertainment’s fast-paced, high-adrenaline action thriller “Point Break,” a young FBI agent, Johnny Utah (Luke Bracey), infiltrates a cunning team of thrill seeking elite athletes, led by the charismatic Bodhi (Edgar Ramirez). The athletes are suspected of carrying out a string of staggering crimes that kill innocent people and send the world’s economy into a tailspin.

Deep undercover, and with his life in imminent danger, Utah strives to prove they are the callous architects of these inconceivable crimes.

The film is replete with the most daring athleticism ever seen in a motion picture. These action adventure feats are performed by extreme athletes representing the world’s best in class in big-wave surfing, wingsuit flying, sheer-face snowboarding, free rock climbing, and high-speed motorcycling.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 1/10/2016, 10:13 am; edited 2 times in total
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Point Break ($85,086,188)

Post by detective392 on 5/27/2015, 10:15 am

Nothing will beat the original but I'll check this out once it hits BD.
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 5/27/2015, 4:18 pm

Edgar Ramirez is criminally underrated and hot!

All I know Bracey from is The November Man.
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 5/27/2015, 8:57 pm

Initial impressions from someone who is impressed by almost anything and will give almost anything a shot.

1. On a scale of 1-5 in the sense of action/cool trailer/stunts/oh shit look at that, I give it a 4.  Well choreographed trailer some decent action shots I guess, nothing ground breaking or earth shattering, and seriously after the F&F series, action trailers are going to have to step their fucking games up because they just leveled the fucking world. 

So if you had never seen a F&F trailer before yeah this is a decent trailer.

2.  On a scale of 1-5 as to me having any interest in this whatsoever, it'd be swirling the rim at 0.

There's not one thing that reminded me of why I loved the first one.  Not one shot that made me think "oh this is gonna be fucking awwwwwwwwwwesome!" 

I love watching movies that incorporate the extreme sports angle into it, and a heist movie with it should be the bees knees, but this does nothing for me.

I've never seen either of the two actors in this before, nor have I heard of them, and yet when the guy stuck his hand out and said "Bodhi" I immediately wanted to piss on my computer and just walk away.

THAT motherfucker is Bodhi???  One of the great performances of the late Patrick Swayze's life (let's be real, the movie wasn't a great think piece, but it was what it was and what it was was fan-fucking-tastic).

The performances by Swayze and Reeves (and Petty) allowed us to watch something utterly ridiculous and still be captivated.  Same thing that pulls us into the F&F movies when we know we're watching something ridiculous and impossible. 

They allow us to suspend disbelief and you buy wholeheartedly into what you're being told.

Bodhi has that charism that allows you to buy into the bullshit he's selling, because he believes it.  Or at the very least he makes you believe he believes it.

So much so in the end he sacrifices his life (perhaps) for that once in a lifetime opportunity that he has based his life, his philosophy around, that one big wave.

I see ZERO in this guy (Martinez?)  in this trailer to show he has any grip on that whatsoever.  Just a trailer, I know, and maybe we'll see more that will change my mind.

The guy playing Reeves makes Keanu look like Al Pacino in his day, like Walton Goggins at his finest point on Justified.  He makes that cliched wooden performances that Keanu has been accused of, look like they are Award winning performances.

Fuck that guy completely.  Fuck Mac and his "Tribal Tattoos".

Maybe more will come out that will excite me but right now, nah.   I'll watch it eventually and will probably put it in my VUDU account when it comes out.  I mean I put some dumb shit I'm 100% opposed to in my VUDU account for those who share it with me, so I'm sure this won't rank on that scale.

smh
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 5/27/2015, 9:03 pm

Never was a major fan of the original, but I get why so many people love it.

Always liked that Lori Petty was cast, unlike the unusual type they go for.

Definitely because of Kathryn Bigalow.
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 5/27/2015, 9:04 pm

One last thing about the acting of the original.  People give Reeves shit for his "blank" acting or whatever.  I've never felt that about him and have always liked him. I think he's brought to the table exactly what is expected of him for the character. 

I think he's played the roles just how he's supposed to, and yet everyone wants to label him as "Ted" as if that's who he is.  I thought he was great in The Matrix, and really liked him in The Lake House.

I remember listening to a podcast one time with Jay Mohr talking about working with Keanu on Street Kings and how the guy is just one of the sweetest and most nicest people that he's ever met, and that he just simply cannot wrap his head around why people hate him so much, and he said he's come to the belief that it's because guys are so insensitive around him because they know their wives want to fuck him.  That their wives or girlfriends would leave them, on the spot, right then and there, and go and fuck Keanu Reeves if he asked them to.

lol.  That might be stretching it, but I do agree that the guy has always come off to me as an introverted guy who is genuine and I don't recall anyone having negative shit to say about him, who actually knows him.

So for me, I loved his performance as Johnny Utah.  He played that roll perfectly, and now to this day people associate him with that character.  Ted and Neo of course, but I think this the most because it's that dumb Cali Bro image that so many have of Keanu.
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 5/27/2015, 9:05 pm

oh yeah and the director was Bigelow who I adored damn near everything she did until that bullshit movie she co-directed with the CIA.

She had a string of movies that are still among my favorites.  Blue Steel, Point Break, Strange Days.  Whew!
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 5/27/2015, 9:11 pm

Keanu always had rep,of being a nice guy.

He's been through a lot, really glad the guy didn't let it break him.

Not the best actor, but nowhere near the worst.

As for Bigalow, been a fan since Near Dark. both Strange Days and Blue Steel are criminally underrated.
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 5/28/2015, 3:37 pm

I liked the original and this looks nothing close to it but the action scenes look nice. I'll definitely check it out though.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 5/28/2015, 4:05 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:As for Bigalow, been a fan since Near Dark.

No matter how much that ending totally sucked, I still love that movie. Vintage underrated little known horror gem.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 5/28/2015, 5:22 pm

Must agree Wylde, I also disliked the ending.
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 5/29/2015, 7:55 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Must agree Wylde, I also disliked the ending.

To this day it's the only time I've ever seen vampirism cured via garage blood transfusion.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/17/2015, 10:31 am

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content