Avengers: Age of Ultron ($1,142,508,000)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron ($1,142,508,000)

Post by WyldeMan on 5/10/2015, 8:02 am

GrooThePerverted wrote:Well, here's some uplifting POSITIVE news from Avengers. lol.   This is fantastic.  He's long been one of my favorite actors so this was great to read. I'll never understand why he's not a massive star.

Paul Bettany is almost entirely responsible for the downfall of his own career. I specifically remember Paul landing the leading role in Masters of Sex before he dropped out and he was replaced by Michael Sheen. Showtime considered him a really big get for them because he is very known around the industry for his difficulty in committing to projects. They'd even given him say in who his leading lady was going to be as part of his deal but he still dropped out.

He also was given the lead in the King's Speech and turned it down, you know the movie that got Colin Firth the Oscar?

So if Paul's not a bigger star it's because he's spent the last several years throwing away the quality projects while doing bullshit like Priest, Legion, The Tourist and Mordecai instead. Don't get me wrong I like Paul, he's a talented guy but it seems like he definitely had a big hand in his own career's downfall.
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 5/19/2015, 6:56 pm

Just came back from watching it and it was AWESOME, better than the first on all counts. Loved the Vision and going in blind, I was very surprised by what I saw from the character and the direction that it took but I don't want to spoil anything. I can't wait to watch it again.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 5/21/2015, 9:41 pm

Just saw it tonight. The first was definitely better, but AoU wasn't as bad as it's been made out by some. Natasha was hard up. The whole movie girl just wanted some D.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 5/22/2015, 10:33 am

Tyger wrote:Just saw it tonight. The first was definitely better, but AoU wasn't as bad as it's been made out by some. Natasha was hard up. The whole movie girl just wanted some D.

Really? I liked the interaction between the characters in this one a lot more, the conflict that they had with one another and what they revealed about Hawkeye was really great. Plus, War Machine and Falcon are in this one. The one thing I liked about Natasha's story in this is the flashbacks, her training process and what they did to her was pretty intense. Oh, and then there is also THE VISION! Cool
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/10/2015, 3:15 pm

Ultron Is Drunk, Hilarious When Dubbed with James Spader’s Robert California Dialogue

My biggest knock on Avengers: Age of Ultron title villain was that James Spader wasn’t playing an 8-foot-tall super-intelligent robot, he was playing James Spader. Evidence to that fact comes by way of a hilarious new video that mashes up scenes of Ultron squaring off against the Avengers with dialogue dubbed in from Spader’s character on NBC’s The Office, the one and only Robert California.

Stepping in to fill the shoes of Michael Scott (Steve Carell), California was the former CEO of Dunder Mifflin/Sabre who doled out amazing bits of inspirational advice and sardonic criticisms in turn. In another life, Spader/California became Ultron, the crazed robot bent on human extermination and world domination. Finally, with this new video, we get to see that dream realized. Spader’s cadence and inflection are perfectly suited for a more inebriated and confused take on Ultron than the cold, calculating robot we were supposed to see in the movie. Couldn’t you just see Ultron and Tony Stark kicking back and enjoying a few hard-earned drinks while discussing quantum mechanics? I’d watch that version all day long.

And if you need a bit of background on Spader’s Robert California, here’s a great (but long) compilation of some of his best scenes:

WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum