Avengers: Age of Ultron ($1,142,508,000)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Avengers: Age of Ultron ($1,142,508,000)

Post by WyldeMan on 3/6/2015, 2:40 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Renner will start working on the next Aaron Cross/Bourne film soon.

Plus he has that Steve McQueen biopic and few other projects in development.

Pretty sure that got the long delay so that Damon and Greengrass can return first.

Haven't heard about the McQueen biopic in a year or so but if he does it, I would be really happy.
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 3/6/2015, 3:19 pm

According to imdb pro, the Cross sequel is due in 2016.

So filming should begin this summer.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 3/6/2015, 4:07 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:According to imdb pro, the Cross sequel is due in 2016.

So filming should begin  this summer.

Can't trust IMDB, I only use the trades. This was the Deadline article when the project was announced September 14th:

Jason Bourne is coming back. Universal Pictures has begun making deals with Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass to reunite for their third film in The Bourne Identity series, sources tell me. This is an absolute stunner — and Universal would not comment nor would the reps — because Greengrass told Deadline as recently as last year that once Bourne regained his memory, there was no place else for the character to go creatively. His search formed the spine for the trilogy Damon starred in.

Well, they’ve figured it out. I’m told that the studio is so bullish on this that the intention is to make the reteam the next Bourne film to go into production to make the July 16, 2016, release slot that Universal had previously assigned to an untitled Bourne film. That means it would step in front of the spinoff sequel that is to reprise Jeremy Renner and be directed by Fast & Furious architect Justin Lin. That film, which began with the Tony Gilroy-directed The Bourne Legacy, remains in development. I thought its premise— Renner plays one of several genetically altered assassins, all of whom are targeted for death — was smart and satisfying on its own. Universal intends to continue that series and to broaden its franchise base, much the way that Marvel cranks out superhero films. The Bourne Legacy was a good start to a new franchise, but Jason Bourne is a hard act to follow. Now, franchise-hungry Universal has both of them. Lin can probably use the time, as he signed on to direct the second season of the HBO series True Detective.

And this was late October:

Can you talk specifically about what you’re trying to develop?

RENNER:  This is a great example because it’s part of our company and this is the first movie we put out.  It sets a tone in our mind and in the company’s mind what we kind of want to put out there for me as an actor and for the company.  There’s a lot of themes that are similar, a lot of them are based on true stories, not as heavy as this, some of them much more entertaining—about a guy who buys a car on Craigslist for $500 and then becomes a huge rally racer.  It’s like Smokey and the Bandit meets The Hurt Locker.  It’s this fun, rally racing movie.

And there’s The King of Heists, which is like Heat in the 1900’s in New York.  It’s a true story based on the biggest American bank heist of all time.  That’s awesome, awesome, awesome.  Then, Steve McQueen was an interesting guy, want to tell that story.  That’s all the things that I’m working on at the company.  It’s a whole plethora of wonderful source material in there that we can’t wait to put out there.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 3/6/2015, 5:50 pm

Oh well, it's all about Jason again, now that Matt got his buddy Paul Greengrass back.

:shrugs shoulders:

I'm curious about the heist film, sounds interesting.

Plus Renner been talking about the McQueen biopic for years.
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 3/7/2015, 1:15 am

ForeverBlu wrote:Oh well, it's all about Jason again, now that Matt got his buddy Paul Greengrass back.

:shrugs shoulders:

I'm curious about the heist film, sounds interesting.

Plus Renner been talking about the McQueen biopic for years.

I think both McQueen and King of Heists are two projects I've been hearing Renner talk about since at least 2011, he doesn't seem to be in hurry.

I preferred his Aaron Cross story over the Bourne movies but Damon reigns king to the studio so they toss the better project aside for some more signature shaky cam.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 3/7/2015, 3:30 am

Renner's also doing Mission Impossible 5 (he's signed on for 3 MI films)

He's mentioned himself that his role is increased in the new Avengers flick (despite what's seen in the trailer)

“Well there’s a lot more in this next Avengers, which is great. It was fun to finally kind of discover who Clint Barton is a little bit. We have some good secrets revealed. I think everything that was great about the first Avengers, is exponentially expressed in this one. From the action, to the making fun of itself, and there’s a lot more time spent with the Avengers together, after being so separated in the first one. We’ve got some great new goodies, and some good baddies.”

Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 3/7/2015, 11:10 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Renner's also doing Mission Impossible 5 (he's signed on for 3 MI films)

He's mentioned himself that his role is increased in the new Avengers flick (despite what's seen in the trailer)

“Well there’s a lot more in this next Avengers, which is great. It was fun to finally kind of discover who Clint Barton is a little bit. We have some good secrets revealed. I think everything that was great about the first Avengers, is exponentially expressed in this one. From the action, to the making fun of itself, and there’s a lot more time spent with the Avengers together, after being so separated in the first one. We’ve got some great new goodies, and some good baddies.”

Well he'd have to sound more positive he was pretty much pissed after the first movie and made it quite known, I think Whedon took note of his star's anger. Renner had said how this time around Hawkeye is a lot more like the actual character he signed on to play unlike the first one.

Renner just announced via Twitter that he is joining Captain America Civil War, this Spring. It looks like all of Renner's 2015 is going to be dedicated to Marvel movies....
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 3/7/2015, 3:20 pm

Good, Hawkeye was supposed to be in Winter Soldier.
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 3/8/2015, 12:12 pm

Chris Evans And Chris Pratt Visit Seattle Children's Hospital

You might have thought that Chris Evans and Chris Pratt just played superheroes in the movies, but you would have been wrong. These guys really are superheroes.

After making the best Super Bowl bet ever, Captain America and Star-Lord decided that there would be no losers. In the original bet, Evans was supposed to visit Seattle Children's Hospital if the Seattle Seahawks won, and Pratt was supposed to visit Christopher's Haven in New England if the New England Patriots won.

After the Patriots won, Pratt quickly honored his portion of the bet and made a trip to Christopher's Haven as Star-Lord with Chris Evans. And Evans announced that the duo would be visiting Seattle Children's Hospital as well.

Earlier today, Evans dressed as Captain America visited Seattle Children's Hospital with Pratt. We've embedded some photos below of Evans and Pratt at the hospital.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 3/8/2015, 12:34 pm

It's so dusty in here, it's in my eyes, all this dust making my eyes water
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 3/8/2015, 2:20 pm

Those two are fantastic.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 3/8/2015, 3:30 pm

Yeah, I saw this. Real heroes! That's awesome of them to do that.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 3/8/2015, 5:58 pm

Seattle is 40 minutes from me so it was on the local news.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 3/8/2015, 9:23 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Seattle is 40 minutes from me so it was on the local news.

Should have gone and met them. Since they're into charity work, maybe they'd join the forum to boost the numbers Very Happy
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 3/8/2015, 11:23 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Since they're into charity work, maybe they'd join the forum to boost the numbers Very Happy

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnn, that's both cold and wickedly accurate.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 3/10/2015, 5:44 pm

Not connected to Chris or Avengers but just saw this and thought it was cool. Pratt just keeps coming up Aces.

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 3/10/2015, 6:28 pm

Seriously, such a genuine person.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 3/13/2015, 8:42 pm

It's RDJ's turn to give back, Tony Stark style:

Aww!
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 3/19/2015, 2:40 pm

Man, I can't wait for this! bounce
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 3/20/2015, 1:54 pm

Major AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON And CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Spoilers
Spoiler:

A new Avengers: Age of Ultron rumour surfaced yesterday which made some pretty bold claims, but Badass Digest has fired back with details from their own sources which seem to debunk much of that story. Having seen two drafts of the script, the site claims that Captain America and Nick Fury team up to put together a new team of Avengers at the conclusion of the sequel because "Iron Man is done, Hulk is missing and Thor has returned to Asgard to deal with the events leading up to Thor: Ragnarok." The last two are said to be sitting out Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 entirely, and Hulk's disappearance at the end of The Avengers sequel sounds like it will be a pretty big deal. There's a lot of speculation in the report, but they seem pretty confident that the Marvel Cinematic Universe will soon have its own Wasp (presumably Ant-Man's Hope van Dyne) which is interesting.

Seeking to debunk the site's claims, they add that the Winter Solider is going to have a major role in Captain America: Civil War and theorise that Bleeding Cool would have mentioned him if they had any real knowledge of what's to come. Meanwhile, those claims about Quicksilver dying are said to be wrong, even though he was killed off in an earlier draft. Badass Digest's info does seem to be from before the movie started shooting, so who knows what's changed in that time! Cap's new team meanwhile apparently consisted of The Vision and Captain Marvel back then too. For now, it seems like we're just going to have to wait and see.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 3/20/2015, 1:56 pm

Well at least one of those major spoilers should tie into something I've been expecting to happen on SHIELD.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 3/21/2015, 10:32 am

RUMOR: Is This The New AVENGERS Roster After AGE OF ULTRON? Will [SPOILER] Die?

Spoiler:

According to Superhero News (part of the Batman-News and Spider-Man News network), they have learned who will make up the roster of Earth's Mightiest Heroes when Avengers: Age of Ultron comes to an end. We've heard about a number of possible candidates, but they claim that the team will consist of leaders Captain America and Black Widow along with The Falcon, Scarlet Witch, The Vision, and War Machine. They also weigh in on the rumour that Quicksilver won't make it out of the sequel alive. Bleeding Cool were the first to report his death, while Badass Digest would later claim that he met his make in at least one draft of the screenplay (just not the latest). Superhero News says it's true though and that he goes down protecting a fellow Avenger! This seems like a huge waste of the character by Marvel, don't you think?
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 3/23/2015, 3:04 pm

Russo Brothers Officially Taking Over ‘Avengers’ Movies

Deadline mentioned a few weeks back when the Russo Brothers signed their first-look deal with Sony, and it has come to pass. After rumors this morning that the Captain America: The Winter Soldier duo is coming close to a deal with Marvel to take over the Avengers franchise from Joss Whedon, Deadline has confirmed it’s a done deal. The Russos will be directing Avengers: Infinity War parts 1 and 2.

Currently, Infinity War Part 1 is scheduled for release May 4, 2018, with part two hitting theaters on May 3, 2019.

This deal has been a poorly kept secret for months, with word first arising last fall. This means the Russos will have a very busy schedule for the next several years. In addition to taking over the Avengers and their first-look deal, the pair are producing a multi-camera comedy pilot for NBC from Aseem Batra. They’re also central to the recently-announced Ghostbusters spinoff starring Channing Tatum that’s intended to turn the franchise into a cinematic universe.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 3/23/2015, 5:37 pm

Wow! After seeing what they've done with Winter Soldier, I'm actually looking forward to see what they can accomplish with the Avengers. I kind of wish we got a different director for Age of Ultron just to see what other directors can bring into the franchise. Anyway, this is good news!
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 3/23/2015, 6:54 pm

Hmmmmmm, no more masturbatory does to IM/Tony Stark.
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 4/26/2015, 1:45 pm

Chris Evans is having a pretty rough PR week. First he and Renner decided to call Black Widow a whore and slut during a recorded interview and now a celebrity coke dealer who bought for some of the biggest celebs has started naming names and Captain America was amongst them. Doesn't surprise me, they're rich, I assume they're all on drugs. But when you're supposed to be the wholesome Captain America and a face for Disney, he will probably be doing a lot more charity work over the next few weeks to try and erase some of that damage.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 4/26/2015, 3:48 pm

I saw that interview actually and it was blown out of proportion, they were just joking around and didn't mean anything by it. Wish everyone would stop taking it seriously. Sheesh!

But this coke thing is news to me. Evans is a cool dude and what he and Pratt did visiting hospitals is enough to make you see the kind of people they are. I wouldn't hold it against Evans if he did it though, understandable considering the tough press tour that they have to do in different countries, which can get to you. Who is the guy who ratted though?
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 4/26/2015, 4:30 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Who is the guy who ratted though?

He was Evans bodyguard. I seem to remember Evans' soap star brother getting popped for trying to buy Yayo off a Narc a few years back. Guess them Evans boys like their snow.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 4/26/2015, 5:33 pm

Evans is known to party hard, so I'm not surprised.

Calling BW a slut, not a good look at all.

Even if they were joking around.

JMO
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 4/26/2015, 7:32 pm

Well, I for one look forward to the fan art and memes to come from all this
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 4/26/2015, 7:49 pm

WyldeMan wrote:He was Evans bodyguard. I seem to remember Evans' soap star brother getting popped for trying to buy Yayo off a Narc a few years back. Guess them Evans boys like their snow.

I didn't know that. His bodyguard though? Not cool!

ForeverBlu wrote:Evans is known to party hard, so I'm not surprised.

Really? I had no idea about this either.

Tyger wrote:Well, I for one look forward to the fan art and memes to come from all this

LOL! Bright side to everything, right?
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 5/1/2015, 3:10 pm

Damn! $27 Mil on Thursday alone. What do you guys predict for the opening weekend?

Anyone investing should get on Disney pronto. I assume by Monday it'll be enough to cause a little spike in the upwards direction.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 5/2/2015, 10:12 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn! $27 Mil on Thursday alone. What do you guys predict for the opening weekend?

Anyone investing should get on Disney pronto. I assume by Monday it'll be enough to cause a little spike in the upwards direction.

Last I heard it was projected at somewhere around $230 million opening.

These movies don't really drive the Disney stock too much, it's their merchandise that makes the real profits.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 5/5/2015, 4:05 pm

Joss Whedon's "fans".....the feminists are piiiiiiised over Ultron!!!!

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 5/5/2015, 11:53 pm

Not gonna read that just in case of spoilers. Was gonna go watch it today but every ticket got freaking sold out. People in my area are aware of the Tuesday sale so I guess next week. Damn it!
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 5/6/2015, 8:20 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Not gonna read that just in case of spoilers. Was gonna go watch it today but every ticket got freaking sold out. People in my area are aware of the Tuesday sale so I guess next week. Damn it!

It's just a bunch of very angry women threatening to kill Whedon or asking that he kill himself for how Black Widow was treated in Ultron. I have no idea what happened since I have no plans on seeing this but those tweets are nuts.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kernel_thai on 5/6/2015, 8:33 am

Gotta love twitter. While AOU isnt Whedon's best work on several fronts, it's hysterical that the feminists would rally around Romanoff whose big intro to the franchise was her blatant use of sexuality to do her job in Ironman 2. Are role models that hard to find?
kernel_thai

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 5/9/2015, 3:40 pm

Well, here's some uplifting POSITIVE news from Avengers. lol.   This is fantastic.  He's long been one of my favorite actors so this was great to read. I'll never understand why he's not a massive star.

Moments after a producer told Paul Bettany his career was dead, he was asked to play a superhero in the ‘Avengers’ sequel

(Marvel) Paul Bettany as Vision.

One of the best parts of "Avengers: Age of Ultron," hands down, is the big reveal of a new superhero, Vision.

We won't spoil much about the character if you haven't seen the film, but the droid, masterfully played by Marvel veteran Paul Bettany, steals just about every scene in which he appears.

You couldn't imagine anyone else in the role.

So it's incredible to imagine that moments before the 43-year-old actor was offered the role, a producer told him he'd never get another gig in Hollywood.

During an interview with Business Insider, Bettany broke down how he first found out about playing Vision, and how the news couldn't have come at a better moment.

"I’d actually just had a meeting with a producer who had told me I was never going to work again and I stepped out into Hollywood and I sat on the sidewalk with my feet in the gutter and I thought ‘F--- me,'" Bettany told Business Insider.

What happened next was unexpected.

"My phone rang and it was Joss Whedon and he said, ‘Do you want to play the Vision in the next ‘Avengers’ movie?’" Bettany continued. "And, I said yes. And I sort of looked up to heaven and thought karma’s very quick these days ... and [I] flipped the building behind me the finger.”

"It happened just like that. I sat down and my phone rang. Very funny. But you know if I had a dollar for every time somebody told me my career was over, my career could be over," he chuckled.
The English actor said he wasn't familiar with the character when offered the role.

"No, not at all," he said. "It was very different world in the ‘70s when I grew up. I guess they [Avengers] were around, but we really had our own comics and stuff like the [url=javascript(0)]Eagle with Dan Dare[/url] and the Mekon and stuff like that. Really, what we knew was from TV shows ... We knew Batman, and we knew Spider-Man, and we knew Superman."

Bettany did end up getting a bunch of comics on the character to read up on Vision. This is the second role Bettany has played in a Marvel film after a recurring role since 2008 as Tony Stark's A.I. J.A.R.V.I.S.

"Everybody I would talk to knows the characters and read comics as kids, and we just didn’t," Bettany said. "But also you’re working with sort of the professors of the Marvel world so if you ever have a question ... [Marvel president] Kevin Feige and [executive producer] Jeremy Latcham, [director] Joss Whedon ... they’re like encyclopedias."
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 5/9/2015, 5:15 pm

After flops like Priest and Legion, I'm glad Bettany finally caught a break.
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 5/9/2015, 5:34 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:After flops like Priest and Legion, I'm glad Bettany finally caught a break.

He's always been one of those guys, for me anyway, that transcends shitty material. Even if the movie sucks, he's usually very reliable in it.

He was fantastic in A Knight's Tale, I enjoyed him in the little seen "The Reckoning" and he was charming and funny in "Wimbledon" as well.

He was such a nasty bastard in "Firewall" opposite Harrison Ford, especially when he tricks Ford's son who has a peanut allergy into eating some candy bar thing swearing there's no peanuts in there.  So charming and nasty at the same time.
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 5/9/2015, 5:42 pm

Hahahahaha, that is the lamest villain ever. That seems like something Conan O'Brien would come up with.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 5/9/2015, 6:53 pm

Are you talking about the Firewall one?  Well that wasn't the end all, be all to it, I just felt that was so fucked up. lol  The kid ended up going into shock and almost dying.
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 5/9/2015, 7:13 pm

Yeah. What did he do next, convince someone with an actual gluten allergy to eat Wheat Thins?
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 5/9/2015, 7:20 pm

lol.
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 5/9/2015, 7:56 pm

Bettany was creepy as hell in The DaVinci Code.
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum