BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

1 - Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series) Empty Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series)

Post by Rusty 3/16/2015, 2:19 am

1 - Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series) Mallrats-sequel

‘Mallrats 2′ Is in the Works, Kevin Smith Says

On the heels of announcing that he’ll shoot the third and final film in his “Clerks” trilogy this May, Kevin Smith has confirmed that “Mallrats 2″ is also in the works.

“We shoot CLERKS III in May. HIT SOMEBODY shoots September to Christmas. Then in Feb 2016, we do MOOSE JAWS. But after that? I smell a rat…” he tweeted on Thursday.

The writer-director then confirmed that the “rat” he teased is indeed a sequel to 1995’s “Mallrats,” which he wrapped filming 20 years ago this month. The comedy starred Smith, Ben Affleck, Jason Lee, Shannen Doherty and Jeremy London.

“It’s half scripted right now and we’re pulling our loot together,” he told Tucson’s Rock 102 KFMA on Friday. “We’ve got up until the beginning of 2016. By the time we get to May 2016, we’re going to be shooting.”

Like 1994’s “Clerks,” “Mallrats” flopped at the box office, but has since developed a cult following.

“It kind of came out of nowhere,” Smith told the radio station about the “Mallrats” sequel. “Lately I’ve been doing this thing where I’m like ‘Do you want to do what’s good for your career or do you just want to have fun?’ Nobody’s clamoring for a ‘Mall Rats’ sequel, but I would love to make one. It’s been like 20 years.”

Smith also explained in a Facebook post that was a longer version of the aforementioned tweet that he had intended on retiring after shooting “Clerks 3,” “but ‘Tusk’ changed all that. Now, the next two years are booked.”

“Clerks 3″ will be shooting in Philadelphia, where Smith filmed “Jersey Girl,” this spring.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

1 - Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series) Empty Re: Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series)

Post by GrooThePerverted 3/16/2015, 2:48 am

fucking Cunt! I was on my way to post this shit.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

1 - Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series) Empty Re: Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series)

Post by Rusty 3/16/2015, 3:04 am

Maybe have a chocolate covered pretzel as recompense?

Snoogens.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/16/2015, 10:04 am

"SON OF JOR-EL KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!! SNOOTCHIE BOOTCHIES!!! HEHEHE"

I've probably seen Mallrats more than 100 times since I first discovered it when I was around 12 but I only want the sequel if everybody returns.

Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/16/2015, 12:41 pm

Doherty doesn't have to return
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/16/2015, 1:17 pm

Tyger wrote:Doherty doesn't have to return

Haven't seen her in years but because of Mallrats and 90210 as a kid I had a major thing for her, regardless of how horrible of a personality she has she was always very hot.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/16/2015, 3:49 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Tyger wrote:Doherty doesn't have to return

Haven't seen her in years but because of Mallrats and 90210 as a kid I had a major thing for her, regardless of how horrible of a personality she has she was always very hot.

Same. I've always liked her.

Hope they all comeback. Affleck would be the only question mark. His character I can handle not returning.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 3/16/2015, 5:25 pm

Supposedly there's some friction between Smith and Affleck.  Smiths' said multiple times in recent interviews that he hasn't spoken with Affleck in years, and one interview had him saying that it was Garner's fault because Garner doesn't like him.

From what I gathered, and the quotes that were given, it stems from the Dinner for Five episode where Smith kept busting his balls and she finally spoke up and said something like "I feel like I'm gonna have to kick your ass".

She was smiling at the time so I didn't think anything of it, but apparently that shit got to her, and Smith said that because Affleck's wife doesn't like him, that they don't really hang out or talk or anything.

That's a fucking shame if true.

EDIT: Some clarification.

--------------

One of the first things that came up when I Googled your name for this interview was the headline, “Kevin Smith: Jennifer Garner Ended My Relationship with Ben Affleck.”

So stupid. For years, I’ve been telling the same joke where people will ask if I’ve seen Ben and I say, “Oh, he’s married now and his wife doesn’t like me,” so I said the same fuckin’ joke at Comic-Con and then it got blown up. It’s so embarrassing.

Although, looking back on the infamous Daredevil episode of Dinner For Five, there was a bit of tension between you and Jennifer Garner.

Believe me, dude, when I say the joke of, “He’s got a wife, and she don’t like me,” there’s a seed of fuckin’ truth to it. She’s not like, “I don’t like Kevin Smith so you’re not allowed to hang out with him,” but I worked with her on Catch and Release, and we don’t have the same sense of humor. But to be fair, I haven’t seen Affleck since the Argo premiere at the DGA, which was like two years ago. And I just saw him as I was leaving and gave him the thumbs-up and he mouthed, “Thank you,” and that was it.

You two haven’t even had a Batman conversation yet?

I haven’t. I emailed him when he got cast, and I was like, “Motherfucker, you know I host a show called Fatman on Batman, you gotta fuckin’ come talk,” and he said, “I’m doing Gone Girl and then going right to Batman, but trust me, I will do the show.” For me, it’s weirdly wonderful. Now I know a dude who plays my favorite character on the planet, and this is an actor who I believed in from the jump, and everything he performed in I was a big fan of, and still remain a fan of.

You were really the first person to give him a juicy leading role, in Chasing Amy.

He was the guy who hit people with paddles in Dazed and Confused. I remember calling him and being like, “Dude, I’m writing this script, and I’m writing the lead for you,” and he said, “Get the fuck out of here.” I said, “Dude, I think you could be a leading man. You’re really fuckin’ funny and charming.” Ben is one of my favorite human beings on the planet because he’s so for-reals, funny, sharp, and witty.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/16/2015, 7:23 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote: Affleck would be the only question mark. His character I can handle not returning.

Shannon is probably back in prison. He's definitely a repeat offender.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 3/18/2015, 8:19 pm

Is this the film, where Rooker got a stink palm?

Saw that infamous Dinner for Five episode, Garner was doing the damn most.

Defending Affleck like he was her man, while still married to Scott Foley.

LoL!

Still miss that show, Faverau assembled some great dinner guests.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/18/2015, 8:31 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Is this the film, where Rooker got a stink palm?

Yup, Jason Lee and those chocolate covered pretzel, which to this day the very sight of still turns my stomach.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 3/18/2015, 9:24 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
ForeverBlu wrote:Is this the film, where Rooker got a stink palm?

Yup, Jason Lee and those chocolate covered pretzel, which to this day the very sight of still turns my stomach.

Yeah, but is your reaction worse than seeing eclairs after Van Wilder?

GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/18/2015, 10:56 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:
Saw that infamous Dinner for Five episode, Garner was doing the damn most.

Defending Affleck like he was her man, while still married to Scott Foley.

They way they were looking at each other, or rather, trying to avoid looking at each other - they were already fucking and trying their damnedest to hide it.

Good show that. Would be great if they bought it back.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/19/2015, 7:24 am

GrooThePerverted wrote:Yeah, but is your reaction worse than seeing eclairs after Van Wilder?

Wouldn't know, I was never able to even get halfway through that pile of crap.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 3/19/2015, 9:47 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:They way they were looking at each other, or rather, trying to avoid looking at each other - they were already fucking and trying their damnedest to hide it.

Don't think anything was popping between them at that time.

But Jennifer was thirsty as hell.

Then again.....

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/27/2015, 10:00 am

1 - Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series) Jeremy10
Kevin Smith has convinced original “Mallrats” lead Jeremy London to return for the sequel, and has just four more actors from the 1995 comedy to go until he completes the cast.
“T.S. Quint will be there! JEREMY LONDON is going back to the MALL, ya’ll! 8 down, 4 to go! Collect ‘em all,” Smith wrote on his Facebook page on Friday morning.

Smith’s announcement comes on the heels of the news that Jason Lee — a regular in Smith’s View Askew movie universe — will return to play Quint’s best friend, Brodie Bruce.

Ethan Suplee, Shannen Doherty, Jason Mewes, Michael Rooker and even Stan Lee will be returning, as well. Could Ben Affleck, who is busier than ever, be next?
Smith revealed plans for the sequel earlier this month during an appearance on Tuscon morning show Rock102 Mornings with Shmonty & Carolina.

“It’s half a script right now, and we’re pulling our loot together,” he said. “We’ve got up until the beginning of 2016. By the time we get to May 2016, we’re going to be shooting.”

Smith, who most recently wrote and directed horror “Tusk,” has not revealed any plot details, but gave a snippet of what to expect in another Facebook update.

“After the events of ‘Mallrats,’ Brodie Bruce and his longtime love Rene were married. The comic book-loving proprietor of Brodie Bruce’s Secret Stash insisted on naming their only child Banner Bruce,” Smith wrote with accompanying hashtag “#RatsFacts.”

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/27/2015, 10:01 am

Ohhhhhhhhhh they're all back!!!!!!!

Well except for Joey.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/27/2015, 3:49 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhh they're all back!!!!!!!

Well except for Joey.

He's hoping for the entire main 12, so he still also needs the Fashionable Male, Brandi and Trish the Dish.

There's also LaFours and the 3 nipple fortune teller to round it out.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/27/2015, 3:56 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote: Trish the Dish.

There's also LaFours and the 3 nipple fortune teller to round it out.

Trish, I have always wondered how she ended up after Strike Back anyways.

Priscilla is pushing 60....

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 3/27/2015, 4:30 pm

Will be VERY interesting to see if Affleck does it.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/27/2015, 4:43 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:Will be VERY interesting to see if Affleck does it.

I hope he doesn't, Shannon was a massive douche and Affleck has spent years rebuilding his career from characters like that.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/27/2015, 4:59 pm

I don't think Affleck will do it, and fortunately the movie doesn't need him. Shannon is the one character that is easily discussed in passing and written out, without the need for screen time.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 3/27/2015, 5:27 pm

I think for completion's sake, they should at least do a scene of him in prison or something.  The guys can go see him for whatever reason.  Or maybe he's the big bad this time. He gets out and takes the mall hostage because of all the years he lost in prison.

He can be their Hans Gruber, so to speak.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/27/2015, 10:17 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:I think for completion's sake, they should at least do a scene of him in prison or something.  The guys can go see him for whatever reason.  Or maybe he's the big bad this time. He gets out and takes the mall hostage because of all the years he lost in prison.

Dude is Batman, he should not hang out with Bluntman.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/27/2015, 10:41 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
GrooThePerverted wrote:I think for completion's sake, they should at least do a scene of him in prison or something.  The guys can go see him for whatever reason.  Or maybe he's the big bad this time. He gets out and takes the mall hostage because of all the years he lost in prison.

But there was a time before Batman ...

1 - Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series) Buttman-large
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 3/27/2015, 11:08 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

Which is exactly why I said it'll be interesting to see if he does this.  It's a HUGE step back from his career spot at the moment.  We'll see whether or not "as a favor" will get him to do this.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/28/2015, 12:01 am

GrooThePerverted wrote:Which is exactly why I said it'll be interesting to see if he does this.  It's a HUGE step back from his career spot at the moment.  We'll see whether or not "as a favor" will get him to do this.

I think Affleck is going to be pretty much locked into the Cape and Cowl for a while with the back-to-back shooting of the JL films and he is also doing The Accountant and Live by Night in the beginning of 2016 which I think is when Smith plans to shoot this.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/28/2015, 12:37 am

WyldeMan wrote:
GrooThePerverted wrote:Which is exactly why I said it'll be interesting to see if he does this.  It's a HUGE step back from his career spot at the moment.  We'll see whether or not "as a favor" will get him to do this.

I think Affleck is going to be pretty much locked into the Cape and Cowl for a while with the back-to-back shooting of the JL films and he is also doing The Accountant and Live by Night in the beginning of 2016 which I think is when Smith plans to shoot this.

I was thinking the same thing. All he could do would be a single scene, and the only point of that would be to show that he's still in prison getting fucked in the arse like they did at the end of the original - or maybe switch it to show that now he's finally getting to do the fucking in an uncomfortable place. Either way, no way in hell Affleck goes there. Not now. Not a chance.

And if he did agree to do it, that's as much Shannon Hamilton as Mallrats 2 needs. They need a new bad guy.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/30/2015, 8:29 am

1 - Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series) London10

1 - Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series) Lee10

1 - Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series) Brenda10

1 - Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series) Jay10

1 - Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series) Trish10

1 - Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series) Untitl10
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/30/2015, 8:35 am

Trish the Dish and Elias?!?!?!?! HAHAHAHAH awesome.

I still can't believe nearly everybody is coming back, come on Joey Lauren!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/31/2015, 2:58 pm

You got your wish, Wylde. Joey is in.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/1/2015, 3:36 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:You got your wish, Wylde. Joey is in.

Yes indeed! Who are the holdouts at this point, LaFours and who else, Shannon?

1 - Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series) Untitl11
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/1/2015, 2:43 pm

LaFours is in.

Just Shannon and Brandi to go, but with the addition of LaFours, he bumped it from 12 to "collect all 15", so not sure who else besides the fortune teller, and maybe Brian O'Halaran, who played the 3rd contestant.

I'm also assuming he's not including himself and Jay in that list.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/1/2015, 9:09 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:LaFours is in.

Just Shannon and Brandi to go, but with the addition of LaFours, he bumped it from 12 to "collect all 15", so not sure who else besides the fortune teller, and maybe Brian O'Halaran, who played the 3rd contestant.

I'm also assuming he's not including himself and Jay in that list.

Brandi! Oh shit......how did I forget Claire Forlani???? Woah, I think this is the first time she's even been discussed in this thread.

Maybe Steve Dave and Fanboy? With Stan Lee back, it'd make sense for them to come back too. 

Is Kevin coming back as Silent Bob or is he not appearing? I just realized I don't recall his name in the cast list.

I hope the boy from the escalator returns...
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/1/2015, 10:21 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Brandi! Oh shit......how did I forget Claire Forlani???? Woah, I think this is the first time she's even been discussed in this thread.

Maybe Steve Dave and Fanboy? With Stan Lee back, it'd make sense for them to come back too. 

Is Kevin coming back as Silent Bob or is he not appearing? I just realized I don't recall his name in the cast list.

I hope the boy from the escalator returns...

I mentioned Brandi a few posts back.

Fanboy & Steve-Dave have to be in it. Have to! Very Happy I was thinking that's another way for them to hate each other. Brodie does a podcast, but he's #2 in New Jersey, because the Tell Em Steve-Dave boys are #1 - which makes him furious - and you see them doing a podcast from their comic shop (which they do in real life). That would be a nice little nugget for TESD fans like myself.

Jay was the first person to join up, so Silent Bob would have to make a return. I think his fans would kill him if there was no Jay & Silent Bob in it.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/2/2015, 2:56 pm

1 - Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series) Mr2-lafours.jpg

1 - Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series) Mr2-tesd.jpg
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/2/2015, 3:02 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Fanboy & Steve-Dave have to be in it. Have to! Very Happy I was thinking that's another way for them to hate each other. Brodie does a podcast, but he's #2 in New Jersey, because the Tell Em Steve-Dave boys are #1 - which makes him furious - and you see them doing a podcast from their comic shop (which they do in real life). That would be a nice little nugget for TESD fans like myself.

Jay was the first person to join up, so Silent Bob would have to make a return. I think his fans would kill him if there was no Jay & Silent Bob in it.

Glad to see their back, maybe Mosier will be next.

If there was Jay but no Silent Bob, it wouldn't work.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/2/2015, 3:08 pm

Actually, if you look back up at the photo of Kev, Jay, Stan and Rooker, he says Jay & Silent Bob are returning.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/2/2015, 4:43 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Actually, if you look back up at the photo of Kev, Jay, Stan and Rooker, he says Jay & Silent Bob are returning.

Oh shit, I didn't catch that.

Been a while since I watched Mallrats, maybe I should give it another go.

But god damn do I hate the extended cut....terrible opening.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/2/2015, 5:39 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
But god damn do I hate the extended cut....terrible opening.

Yeah that shit was stupid. Definitely deserved to be cut, but when you watch the theatrical release, there are still a few references to it.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/2/2015, 6:19 pm

Kevin and Scott confirmed on the latest Smodcast episode that Scott will return as Roddy, Mr Svenning's assistant.

He said most of his characters story is written, he will still have the headset, but at some point during the flick he upgrades it to look like Lobot's.

1 - Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series) Lobot
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/28/2015, 8:25 am

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 4/28/2015, 7:58 pm

Nice
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted 4/29/2015, 10:24 pm

Ben Affleck In Mallrats 2? Kevin Smith Gives A Few Updates

1 - Mallrats 2 (Turned into a 10-Episode Series) Ben_affleck_71108

Kevin Smith’s long-belated sequel, Mallrats 2 is apparently moving along faster than a case of stink-palm-produced puking. The writer/director has reportedly done a huge amount of legwork corralling most of the members of the cast of the 1995 original film, setting up what should be a raucous reunion. However, there’s one character in particular played by a then-unknown Ben Affleck who may be a more difficult acquisition. Now, Smith provides an update on that situation.

In an interview with ComicBook.com, Kevin Smith, currently elbows-deep in pre-production for Mallrats 2, discusses the possibility of Ben Affleck reprising his role as the designer-decked douchebag, Shannon Hamilton. Despite a long-standing friendship with Affleck, it seems that Smith remains unsure about the prospect of a reprisal, citing the chances as "slim," due to the obvious fact of his upcoming role as Batman. Yet, Smith never quite closes that door, as he states,

I have not reached out to him yet. I am waiting until we have everybody. There’s two more people I want to collect, and that way I have everybody, and I can be like, ‘Come, on dude, even Gil Hicks is back.

By "everybody," Smith literally does mean just about every notable person from the cast of the original film, including what may be as many of 6 new characters. It does appear that Mallrats 2, like its 1995 predecessor, will be looking to center on protagonists Brodie Bruce (Jason Lee) and T.S. Quint (Jeremy London), who navigate their hilarious romantic crises amidst their inertia-entailing habit of hanging around at a mall. Yet, Mallrats distinguished itself uniquely in that its vast ensemble came across as equally memorable and their collective participation could prove to be a critical component for this sequel's identity. Yet, the breadth of the returning cast does tend to mitigate the importance of an Affleck return. As Smith continues,

The good news is that we can do it without him if we have to. The even better news is the piece he would play is not like I would need him for a week, he’s in and out. It would be quick.

As one of the "villains" of the film, Affleck’s Shannon was competing for the love of Brodie’s taken-for-granted girlfriend, Rene Mosier (Shannon Doherty). It may be a nice nostalgia trip to see Affleck return to his role as "the proprietor of Fashionable Male," finding out where he ended up after the "uncomfortable place" he found himself after the statutory rape situation. However, the character was only critical as an antagonistic plot device for the first film, serving no further significance to the main characters. Likewise, Smith does appear resigned to the fact that his old friend Ben might be a bit too big at the moment for some random walk-on to reprise a minor pre-stardom role from 20 years ago.

Clearly, Ben Affleck is riding high from a critical perspective with the success of his starring effort, Gone Girl, as well as his directorial talents in Argo, The Town and Gone Baby Gone. However, depending on how things go with next year’s Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, his stock as a box-office draw could roller-coaster up to unprecedented heights, leaving him in a stratosphere that would make a return as Shannon in Mallrats 2 even more inconceivable. However, we’ll have to wait and see if Smith can leverage Affleck with the power of both nostalgia and loyalty to make what will clearly be the most minimal of appearances.
GrooThePerverted
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/30/2015, 12:55 am

Affleck is currently in Canada shooting a cameo in Suicide Squad, can't imagine he's gonna go from playing Batman to returning to a colossal d-bag of a character from 20 years ago. Shannon was always one of my least favorite parts of Mallrats and let's be honest the rest of this cast returned because what the fuck else do they got going on?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next