Fantastic Four ($167,977,596)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fantastic Four ($167,977,596)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 8/9/2015, 7:23 pm

LOL! Nobody gives a shit about Namor so he can stay there. Fox and Sony is where it's at. I didn't know Blade was still with Marvel though, I can't believe they haven't talked about a movie yet because it's been a while since the last one.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 8/10/2015, 6:17 am

This reboot flopped, HARD.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 8/10/2015, 10:28 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote: I didn't know Blade was still with Marvel though, I can't believe they haven't talked about a movie yet because it's been a while since the last one.

Marvel got back the rights to Blade, Punisher and Ghostrider in 2013.
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 8/10/2015, 12:20 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:Marvel got back the rights to Blade, Punisher and Ghostrider in 2013.

Aha! I feel like he deserves a movie but a Netflix show could work too. Fuck Ghost Rider, cool character but the movies ruined him for me.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 8/12/2015, 3:24 pm

Trank Lawyers Up As Shocking Details About His On Set Behaviour Emerge

If you love behind the scenes drama, Fantastic Four is the gift which keeps on giving. The Hollywood Reporter has an in-depth article up about how Josh Trank allegedly behaved on set, and it sounds like the director was most definitely to blame for how the reboot turned out. After sending an email to select members of the cast days before the movie was released in which he said Fantastic Four was "better than 99 percent of the comic-book movies ever made," he received a response from one cast member with only: "I don’t think so." Ouch. With Fox furious about his now deleted Tweet about the movie, the trade reveals that pit-bull lawyer Marty Singer has been hired to advocate on Trank's behalf. So, what exactly happened on set? Here are the highlights:

• Trank apparently didn't produce good enough material to ever create a film which could be salvaged, and refused help from the studio and producers. "He holed up in a tent and cut himself off from everybody," one insider tells the site. "He built a black tent around his monitor. He was extremely withdrawn. [He] would go to his trailer and he wouldn’t interact with anybody."
  • While Fox initially had faith in Trank's vision of a grounded and gritty Fantastic Four movie, it appears as if the filmmaker took that too far as he forced a gloomy tone on the movie by obsessing over the cast's performance. "During takes, he would be telling [cast members] when to blink and when to breathe. He kept pushing them to make the performance as flat as possible."
  • You may remember some time ago that Josh Trank and his dogs were accused of causing as much as $100,000 worth of damage to a house which was rented for him in Baton Rouge by Fox. After landlord Martin Padial made moves to evict the director, "photographs of the landlord’s family that were in the house were defaced. Padial made a complaint to the local sheriff’s department and filed a civil suit in Louisiana that is sealed.The sheriff’s department says the case was 'closed as a civil matter between landlord and tenant.'"
  • Before you completely blame Trank for how Fantastic Four turned out, one source says that the movie was always "ill-conceived, made for the wrong reasons and there was no vision behind the property." Fox were terrified of losing the rights to Marvel and the reboot was in chaos before shooting even started. They "were afraid of losing the rights so they pressed forward and didn’t surround [Trank] with help or fire him. They buried their heads in the sand."
  • While they initially considered firing Trank, Fox had faith in the director and believed he could be the next J.J. Abrams. However, as it became apparent that he couldn't cope with the movie, it was simply to late to ditch him. "How do you ask someone to take over half of a movie shot by someone else? You either hire somebody desperate for work or you [start over], write off pretty much the whole budget and lose the cast." Fair point! 
  • Those reshoots have been blamed for the poor quality of Fantastic Four, but the movie apparently didn't even have an ending when shooting concluded. Simon Kinberg and Hutch Parker scrambled to come up with something, but the former's busy schedule and the fact that much of the cast was unavailable led to "a lot of material was shot with doubles and the production moved to Los Angeles to film scenes with Teller against a green screen. 'It was chaos,' says a crew member, adding that Trank was still in attendance 'but was neutralized by a committee.'"
  • Who was responsible for that terrible ending and second act? Fox reportedly put together a dream team to rescue the move, and that included Drew Goddard. Whatever he and the rest of that team did obviously failed horribly! 

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 8/12/2015, 10:00 pm

LOL! I don't think I've heard this much chaos in a movie production before. I can't wait to watch this movie just to see what everyone is talking about.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 8/12/2015, 10:03 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:LOL! I don't think I've heard this much chaos in a movie production before.

This is nothing compared to all the shit that went down during World War Z's production. Vanity Fair
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 8/12/2015, 10:07 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:This is nothing compared to all the shit that went down during World War Z's production. Vanity Fair

Fuck me! That's some read right there. What happened during WWZ? I don't think I heard anything about it during that time. At least it turned out great in the end though unlike this one.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 8/12/2015, 10:44 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:
@WyldeMan wrote:This is nothing compared to all the shit that went down during World War Z's production. Vanity Fair

What happened during WWZ? I don't think I heard anything about it during that time.

Click the part of my post that's a link. Cool
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 8/12/2015, 11:43 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:

What happened during WWZ? I don't think I heard anything about it during that time.

Click the part of my post that's a link. Cool

I did. I expected an article, not a damn book. lol! Like I said, gonna take my time on that read.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 8/13/2015, 12:00 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:

I did. I expected an article, not a damn book. lol! Like I said, gonna take my time on that read.

Essentially, the original ending just didn't work. It fell flat and wasn't in tune with the rest of the movie. The studio decided to bring in a couple new writers to rework the third act, and did a whole bunch of re-shoots to get it right.

That's the overly-simplified missing-some-detail truncated version of events.

Was the right move though. Haven't seen the movie yet, but it did good $ at the box office, and a sequel is on the cards.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 8/16/2015, 11:47 am

Studio estimates on the international weekend are rolling in with Tom Cruise retaining control of the offshore box office for the 3rd weekend in a row. Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation added $46.1M in 62 territories this frame. That gives the Paramount/Skydance title bragging rights to the No. 1 spot once again and brings the offshore cume to $235.3M.

For the studios, Fox’s Fantastic Four is in 2nd place with $16.23M from 8,273 screens in 54 markets. The cume is $60.14M internationally with some solid holds, especially in Latin America and parts of Europe.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 12/22/2015, 8:45 pm

I finally checked this one out and all I can say is, I understand the hate COMPLETELY! What a mess. Evil or Very Mad The previous 2 movies were MUCH better and at least they stuck to the material.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 12/23/2015, 12:57 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:I finally checked this one out and all I can say is, I understand the hate COMPLETELY! What a mess. Evil or Very Mad The previous 2 movies were MUCH better and at least they stuck to the material.

Shit. Didn't realise this was out already. Have to pick it up. I need to see the train-wreck unfold Twisted Evil
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 12/23/2015, 5:56 am

OK, so I bit the bullet and grabbed it via iTunes. No way I was going to a store to pick up the Blu this time of year.

After viewing, I get the hate ... but I have to say, rather than a movie that was out of whack, I felt like I watched a 12 episode TV series truncated into a 100 minute movie.

The first half of the movie was way too fucking slow paced for a film of this kind. I did enjoy that first half, but that should have been episode 1 of 12, not first 50 minutes of only 100.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 12/23/2015, 6:40 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:OK, so I bit the bullet and grabbed it via iTunes. No way I was going to a store to pick up the Blu this time of year.

After viewing, I get the hate ... but I have to say, rather than a movie that was out of whack, I felt like I watched a 12 episode TV series truncated into a 100 minute movie.

The first half of the movie was way too fucking slow paced for a film of this kind. I did enjoy that first half, but that should have been episode 1 of 12, not first 50 minutes of only 100.

I'd be curious is a director's cut fixed a lot of the editing and pacing issues people have. Apparently a large portion of the movie was ordered to be cut for theatrical release.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 12/23/2015, 8:16 am

I also saw a youtube vid showing the re-shoots and Kate Mara's hair changing throughout the movie. When i watched this one on my way to Italy I skipped over most of it. I do get Russ' comment about the movie appearing to be a 12-episode show cut down to 100 minutes. The whole thing with Victor was just ridiculous. I was thinking "This is the main battle of the movie?" It all seemed very abrupt like there was some build-up that was cut out or something.

I'd give it a download to check it out again. But I will probably wind up skipping over most of it again.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum