The Strangers 2 (TBA)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Strangers 2 (TBA)

Post by WyldeMan on 1/24/2015, 5:44 pm

After several years in development, “The Strangers 2” is finally moving forward, as Marcel Langenegger is in negotiations to direct the sequel this spring, TheWrap has learned.
Relativity and representatives for Langenegger did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Ben Ketai (“Chosen”) is the newest writer on the sequel, which follows a family on the verge of sending their troubled teenage daughter to boarding school as they embark on one last family trip to a mobile home park that their uncle runs.  Their ast bonding opportunity turns to horror when the teenage children discover the bodies of their aunt and uncle, fresh from a recent visit from the Strangers — Man in the Mask, Pin Up Girl and Dollface.

The night becomes a race to escape for the family, as the masked killers take new pleasure in tormenting their victims in this twisted sequel that picks up where the original’s bloody footprints leave off.

Roy Lee, Doug Davison, Nathan Kahane and Trevor Macy are returning to produce, while Sonny Mallhi, Marc Evans and Joe Drake will executive produce. The film will be produced by Vertigo and Good Universe.

Thanks to a terrific trailer, “The Strangers” was a sleeper hit back in 2008, grossing $82 million worldwide on a reported production budget of $9 million. Bryan Bertino directed the original Rogue Pictures release, which starred Liv Tyler, Scott Speedman and Glenn Howerton.

Langenegger directed the 2008 thriller “Deception” starring Hugh Jackman, Ewan McGregor and Michelle Williams. He also served as a producer on Jordan Roberts’ 2012 comedy “3, 2, 1… Frankie Go Boom.”

The Swiss filmmaker has been developing the sea-bound thriller “Latitude” with Relativity as well as “Silver or Lead” with Cross Creek Pictures.
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Strangers 2 (TBA)

Post by Rusty on 1/24/2015, 7:20 pm

Shit, I still haven't watched the first one. Time to go shopping.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 on 2/1/2015, 7:54 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Shit, I still haven't watched the first one. Time to go shopping.
Same here, still need to see the first.
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 2/1/2015, 10:29 am

I bought it on BD years ago but unlike you yokels I did watch it. There weren't home invansion movies every weekend back then, I think what I remember enjoying the most was the audio. If you've got killer surround and can watch The Strangers in the dead of night with some cranked audio you're going to get one hell of a different experience than watching it any other way. In surround the pounding on the doors and windows rip through the room and startle you. It goes from absolute silence to sounding like your own windows and doors are being rapped on. Kind of a fun experience. Without that audio factor it probably won't do a lot for ya in terms of scares, but it's still a good movie.
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 2/1/2015, 3:49 pm

The writer denies it, but this is basically a

remake of the 2006 French horror film ILs.

Known here as Them.

With that said, I still liked The Strangers.
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum