The Revenant ($532,584,019)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by WyldeMan on 1/21/2015, 2:20 pm


If you think Birdman was extreme filmmaking, wait until you see what Alejandro González Iñárritu has in store for his follow-up. Shooting this month in Calgary (average nighttime low: 9 degrees) the writer-director has partnered with Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy to tell the true story of Hugh Glass (DiCaprio), an American fur trapper and frontiersman in the early 1800s. After being mauled by a grizzly bear and left for dead, Glass made a heroic 200-mile trek back to civilization to find the men who abandoned him in his time of need, played by Hardy, Will Poulter, and Domnhall Gleeson.

“He’s a brave, incredible actor. I’m so surprised about how good he is,” Iñárritu says of DiCaprio. “I think there’s a profound understanding of humanity that I can see through his eyes.”

Shooting with only natural light in remote locations left untouched by mankind, the arduous production extends until April since Iñárritu and his cinematographer, Oscar winner Emmanuel Lubezki (Gravity) can only shoot a few hours each day. “It’s a fun ride,” says the director, who has also reunited with his Birdman studio New Regency to make the film. (Twentieth Century Fox will release it on Christmas Day.) The Revenant continues Iñárritu’s interest in pushing the boundaries of filmmaking — an interest he developed initially on the technically-complicated Birdman–and one he furthers here as he delves into showcasing nature in as pure a state as possible. “It’s a very experimental thing that we’re doing here…I’m now addicted to doing things that can fail horribly or maybe that can give us a surprise. We are all into it.”



Last edited by WyldeMan on 6/8/2016, 9:21 pm; edited 8 times in total
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by WyldeMan on 1/21/2015, 2:22 pm

Shooting with only natural light and entirely in sequence? That is completely unheard of today.

But I always love when the two best working actors today decide to make another movie together, especially a western.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 1/21/2015, 6:59 pm

Aha! So that's why DiCaprio has been looking crazy in the paparazzi pictures. I thought maybe he was having a midlife crisis or something.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by WyldeMan on 1/21/2015, 8:16 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Aha! So that's why DiCaprio has been looking crazy in the paparazzi pictures. I thought maybe he was having a midlife crisis or something.

I don't know if you can ever enter a mid-life crises when you've been banging super models on the regular for 20 years.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 1/21/2015, 10:19 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I don't know if you can ever enter a mid-life crises when you've been banging super models on the regular for 20 years.

Whhhaaaaat?! I'd love to be him for a day. Waking up in a King sized bed surrounded with nekkid super models all over, what more can a guy ask for?
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by Rusty on 1/21/2015, 10:42 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I don't know if you can ever enter a mid-life crises when you've been banging super models on the regular for 20 years.

Whhhaaaaat?! I'd love to be him for a day. Waking up in a King sized bed surrounded with nekkid super models all over, what more can a guy ask for?

A fresh sammich.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by WyldeMan on 1/21/2015, 11:36 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I don't know if you can ever enter a mid-life crises when you've been banging super models on the regular for 20 years.

Whhhaaaaat?! I'd love to be him for a day. Waking up in a King sized bed surrounded with nekkid super models all over, what more can a guy ask for?

A fresh sammich.

If DiCaprio orders a sammich, it's probably prepared by Brooklyn Dekker nekkid and then served on the stomach of Bar Rafeali. Or you know whatever models he's banging that week.

"When I grow up I want to be Leonardo DiCaprio" - All Mankind.

But seriously, who needs marriage when you've got that life? Oh yeah he's also paid $20 million a movie, lol.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by WyldeMan on 4/23/2015, 5:54 pm

‘The Revenant’ Dazzles Exhibitors at CinemaCon

“The Revenant,” Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu’s first film since “Birdman,” received a warm reaction Thursday as Fox unveiled the first footage at CinemaCon.

A scraggly Leonardo DiCaprio, who stars as a fur trapper in the 1820s, dominated the footage — which included several battle scenes set alongside a river. Fox said Inarritu is shooting in the Canadian wilderness, using only natural light.

In his intro, Fox chief Jim Gianopulos — who hosted the hourlong event with new studio co-chair Stacey Snider — noted that Fox Searchlight and New Regency have won back-to-back Best Picture Oscars with “12 Years a Slave” and “Birdman.”

New Regency and Brett Ratner’s Ratpac Entertainment are financing the survival drama. Twentieth Century Fox plans to open the film in limited release on Christmas Day next year before a wide release on Jan. 8, 2016.

The footage also included glimpses of co-stars Tom Hardy and Will Poulter. Gonzalez Inarritu and Mark Smith wrote the screenplay based on the Michael Punke novel “The Revenant: A Novel of Revenge” published in 2003. The story, set in 1823, centers on a fur trapper who’s mauled by a grizzly bear and robbed by the two men enlisted to stay with him.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by WyldeMan on 7/17/2015, 11:28 am

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by WyldeMan on 9/29/2015, 4:15 pm

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/19/2015, 7:42 pm

WOAH.....A screener for The Revenant just hit the interwebs....
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by detective392 on 12/20/2015, 8:22 am

Will be seeing this but going to wait for BD most likely. Unless my Dad wants to see it in theaters which I kinda doubt.
avatar
detective392

Posts : 390
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 27
Location : Minnesota

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/20/2015, 8:40 am

detective392 wrote:Will be seeing this but going to wait for BD most likely. Unless my Dad wants to see it in theaters which I kinda doubt.

Why not just DL it and watch it with him on Christmas?
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by detective392 on 12/20/2015, 9:03 am

WyldeMan wrote:
detective392 wrote:Will be seeing this but going to wait for BD most likely. Unless my Dad wants to see it in theaters which I kinda doubt.

Why not just DL it and watch it with him on Christmas?
I've become paranoid of downloading things ever since I got a letter saying they'll stop service if I keep downloading things.
avatar
detective392

Posts : 390
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 27
Location : Minnesota

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by ForeverBlu on 12/20/2015, 10:09 am

WyldeMan wrote:WOAH.....A screener for The Revenant just hit the interwebs....


Same thing happened with the film Selma.
avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3677
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 54
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 12/20/2015, 11:52 am

I was surprised to see this out too. Is it because of the Oscars again?
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by detective392 on 12/20/2015, 12:40 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I was surprised to see this out too. Is it because of the Oscars again?
Most likely. Seems a lot of Oscar nominated films get "leaked". Wasn't Wolf of Wall Street also leaked online?
avatar
detective392

Posts : 390
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 27
Location : Minnesota

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by ForeverBlu on 12/20/2015, 3:51 pm

detective392 wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:I was surprised to see this out too. Is it because of the Oscars again?
Most likely. Seems a lot of Oscar nominated films get "leaked". Wasn't Wolf of Wall Street also leaked online?

Yes.

Along with Frozen and the film Her.
avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3677
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 54
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/20/2015, 5:27 pm

detective392 wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:
detective392 wrote:Will be seeing this but going to wait for BD most likely. Unless my Dad wants to see it in theaters which I kinda doubt.

Why not just DL it and watch it with him on Christmas?
I've become paranoid of downloading things ever since I got a letter saying they'll stop service if I keep downloading things.

I think I've gotten about five of those letters over the last ten years, they ain't shit.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by WyldeMan on 1/11/2016, 9:25 am


The Revenant cleaned up at the Golden Globes last night.

Best Motion Picture, Drama
Carol
Mad Max: Fury Road
WINNER: The Revenant
Room
Spotlight

Best Director – Motion Picture
Todd Haynes, Carol
WINNER: Alejandro G. Iñárritu, The Revenant
Tom McCarthy, Spotlight
George Miller, Mad Max: Fury Road
Ridley Scott, The Martian

Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama
Bryan Cranston, Trumbo
WINNER: Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant
Michael Fassbender, Steve Jobs
Eddie Redmayne, The Danish Girl
Will Smith, Concussion
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 1/12/2016, 7:11 pm

I'm glad Leo won but I'm not really hyped about watching this movie for some reason.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by WyldeMan on 1/12/2016, 8:32 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I'm glad Leo won but I'm not really hyped about watching this movie for some reason.

Is it your fear of beards and snow?
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 1/12/2016, 10:03 pm

Just that the trailer didn't grab me. I'll still check it out though. Who knows, might be more interesting than the trailer makes it out to be.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by WyldeMan on 1/13/2016, 1:27 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Just that the trailer didn't grab me. I'll still check it out though. Who knows, might be more interesting than the trailer makes it out to be.

I thought the trailer made the movie look fantastic, I can't wait to see it.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by Tyger on 5/24/2016, 7:39 pm

Good movie, pretty intense. Could've been a little shorter though.
avatar
Tyger

Posts : 1451
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Utah

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by WyldeMan on 5/24/2016, 8:11 pm

Tyger wrote:Good movie, pretty intense. Could've been a little shorter though.

You felt it could have been shorter? Out of curiosity what would you have cut, just length from scenes or anything specific you really didn't care for?
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by Tyger on 5/24/2016, 9:40 pm

Probably length of scenes and some hallucinations
avatar
Tyger

Posts : 1451
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Utah

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by ForeverBlu on 5/30/2016, 2:23 pm

Beautifully shot, but watching Leo crawl and grunt got old quickly.

 

6/10
avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3677
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 54
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by WyldeMan on 5/30/2016, 3:54 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Beautifully shot, but watching Leo crawl and grunt got old quickly.

6/10

The plight of the modern day western, a nearly mortally wounded lead seems required.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by ForeverBlu on 5/31/2016, 6:11 am

Oh and the whole Leo got fucked by a bear thing?

Seriously?



Mama Grizzly was protecting her cubs.

From what she thought was a potential threat.
avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3677
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 54
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by WyldeMan on 5/31/2016, 7:51 am

ForeverBlu wrote:Oh and the whole Leo got fucked by a bear thing?

Seriously?

Mama Grizzly was protecting her cubs.

From what she thought was a potential threat.

I did not care for that bear fight either at least Bjorn Ironside had a good reason for his bear fight.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by ForeverBlu on 5/31/2016, 2:13 pm

It wasn't a fight.

Glass got tossed, dragged and mauled nearly to death.

Got lucky in the end, with a hunting knife.
avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3677
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 54
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by WyldeMan on 5/31/2016, 2:17 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:It wasn't a fight.

Glass got tossed, dragged and mauled nearly to death.

Got lucky in the end, with a hunting knife.

I know but it was heavily marketed by just about everyone as a bear fight.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by ForeverBlu on 5/31/2016, 3:02 pm

Leo literally  crawled and groveled for an Oscar.
avatar
ForeverBlu

Posts : 3677
Join date : 2014-12-10
Age : 54
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: The Revenant ($532,584,019)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum