Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by WyldeMan on 10/13/2016, 10:04 am

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 10/13/2016, 12:47 pm

This looks pretty fucking cool! Then again, Episode 7 deceived me with it's trailers too so could go either way.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by kernel_thai on 10/14/2016, 6:49 pm

Looks great! It will never make the money the Star Wars reboot made this could be the best thing theyve done.
avatar
kernel_thai

Posts : 421
Join date : 2014-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 12/16/2016, 10:03 pm

Anyone going to see this? I'm not because I just learned that Vader is barely in it.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/16/2016, 10:24 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Anyone going to see this? I'm not because I just learned that Vader is barely in it.

LOL, I love how you keep seeing movies for background characters. Razz

With that said, I will definitely see this as soon as it's available in my nearest home theater. Cool
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 12/17/2016, 1:31 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:Anyone going to see this? I'm not because I just learned that Vader is barely in it.

LOL, I love how you keep seeing movies for background characters. Razz

With that said, I will definitely see this as soon as it's available in my nearest home theater. Cool

I'm still curious to hear your opinions on the movie. I will watch it too but not in theaters. I just don't like the fact that we have 2 recent Star Wars movies and we practically have no real Jedis in them, it's ridiculous to me but maybe you love them for other reasons.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/17/2016, 3:38 pm

Rogue One takes place after Order 66 which wiped the Jedi order out in Episode III, so there shouldn't be Jedi except for the ones who survived and are in hiding, like you see on Rebels since this story also takes place before Episode IV. Anakin hasn't been Vader for long at this point in the chronology so it would make sense that he wouldn't be a massive presence yet.

The entire order of the Jedi were wiped out due to the manipulations of the Sith, an order that only allows for TWO of them at a time by the way, compared to the thousands and thousands of Jedi and at least their uniforms are not spa bathrobes..........Silly bastards...... Razz

But to you, the Jedi represent all of Star Wars and there doesn't seem to be an acknowledgment of the massive world without your Jedi but outside of the horrible Prequels and non-film cannon, the Jedi have never been as big as you believed them to be, the Skywalkers were the stars of the first six films, not the Jedi. There is so much more to the world of Star Wars beyond those puppets.

I love the Mandalorians who unlike the Jedi are a bad ass warrior culture but outside of the Clone Wars animated series I've never seen them represented onscreen beyond that lame duck flying turd, Boba Fett. I don't need the Jedi or the Sith if there are Mandalorians but my point is that there are so many other characters, cultures and worlds represented in Star Wars besides the boy scouts with the light swords that I don't care if Jedi make an appearance or not.

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 12/17/2016, 4:10 pm

My Star Wars knowledge is not as big as yours, I don't even know what these Mandalorians are, but Jedis is most definitely what I look forward to seeing when I think of a Star Wars movie. I didn't like Episode 7 and now I hear that there is no Vader or Jedis in this movie and of course I immediately lose interest. I know the remaining Jedis are in hiding but I was hoping we would at least see 1 or 2 in this movie before they get killed by Vader. Episode 2 was terrible but at least the prequels had some great Jedis with saber fights and use of the Force.

I like Jedis, man. And it doesn't have to be all about the Skywalkers. I'll take those animated Old Republic game cinematic trailers, those would make an awesome movie.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/17/2016, 6:33 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:My Star Wars knowledge is not as big as yours, I don't even know what these Mandalorians are, but Jedis is most definitely what I look forward to seeing when I think of a Star Wars movie. I didn't like Episode 7 and now I hear that there is no Vader or Jedis in this movie and of course I immediately lose interest. I know the remaining Jedis are in hiding but I was hoping we would at least see 1 or 2 in this movie before they get killed by Vader. Episode 2 was terrible but at least the prequels had some great Jedis with saber fights and use of the Force.

I like Jedis, man. And it doesn't have to be all about the Skywalkers. I'll take those animated Old Republic game cinematic trailers, those would make an awesome movie.

Vader is in this and James Earl Jones returned for the voice work but he's a minor character in this story because you have to remember this is a direct prequel Episode IV and they have to keep in cannon with the original film that started it all.

Anakin Skywalker was the Jesus of the SW universe in that he was born of a miraculous virgin birth formed from Midi-chlorians making him the purest form of energy ever to take life and also sacrificed as a pawn by a loved one at a relative young age but he was the most powerful Jedi or Sith in any universe and why his children were so powerful too even if Leia never did anything but talk, it's the Midi-chlorians man.... Cool

This will give you an idea of what the Mandalorians are like:

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 12/17/2016, 9:01 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Vader is in this and James Earl Jones returned for the voice work but he's a minor character in this story because you have to remember this is a direct prequel Episode IV and they have to keep in cannon with the original film that started it all.  

I knew that James Earl Jones was returning, the character wouldn't be the same without him. I still expected him to have more than 5 minutes of screen time, I just hope there is some good saber and Force action in those few minutes.

WyldeMan wrote:Anakin Skywalker was the Jesus of the SW universe in that he was born of a miraculous virgin birth formed from Midi-chlorians making him the purest form of energy ever to take life and also sacrificed as a pawn by a loved one at a relative young age but he was the most powerful Jedi or Sith in any universe and why his children were so powerful too even if Leia never did anything but talk, it's the Midi-chlorians man.... Cool

I know about Midi-chlorians from Episode 1 when Qui-Gon Jinn explained it to Anakin. But even with all that said, the Skywalkers ain't all that. I've seen Siths way more stronger in those Old Republic trailers.

WyldeMan wrote:This will give you an idea of what the Mandalorians are like:

I know what Mandalorians are now. Is that what Boba Fett was? I'm sure this stuff will be touched up on in that Han Solo movie.

And Darth Maul is still alive? WTF?!
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by Rusty on 12/17/2016, 9:28 pm

The lack of Jedi is the most interesting thing about these new Star Wars efforts.

Unlike the prequels that put a light-saber in the hand of every half-wit with a cape.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/18/2016, 7:53 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I know what Mandalorians are now. Is that what Boba Fett was? I'm sure this stuff will be touched up on in that Han Solo movie.

And Darth Maul is still alive? WTF?!

Boba Fett sucked but yes he was the first Mandalorian so people love him, even though he did nothing but manage to get eaten in the Sarlacc Pit after some jetpacking around. Pre Vizla would be an awesome live action character if they ever did a Death Watch film.

Yes, Darth Maul is alive in the current Star Wars Rebels timeline which takes place about the same time as Rogue One. Maul was resurrected on Clone Wars and has reappeared time and again in a very significant role across both shows season after season. They've really expand greatly on the character and can keep him alive right up until Rebels ends if they choose cause he just can't be around for Episode IV to keep with cannon.

I'd recommend you watch the shows if you want character development cause even though the episodes are 22 minutes, they are all serialized so you're watching one very long Star Wars film essentially. Several minor film characters were turned into major characters across the Disney SW Universe which is recognized as cannon in the live action films, proof by the introduction of Saw Gerrera in Rogue One. A Jedi is the lead in Clone Wars with Anakin and Ahsoka and Rebels have Kanan and Ezra, so if you want lots of Jedi action this is where it's to be found.

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 12/18/2016, 1:47 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I'd recommend you watch the shows if you want character development cause even though the episodes are 22 minutes, they are all serialized so you're watching one very long Star Wars film essentially. Several minor film characters were turned into major characters across the Disney SW Universe which is recognized as cannon in the live action films, proof by the introduction of Saw Gerrera in Rogue One. A Jedi is the lead in Clone Wars with Anakin and Ahsoka and Rebels have Kanan and Ezra, so if you want lots of Jedi action this is where it's to be found.

And isn't that a damn shame? The animation is what turns me off. I tried to watch it in the past but the animation is just not for me. They need to bring these into the live action films.

That's a nice montage that we'll never get to see in the movies. Sad
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/18/2016, 2:03 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:And isn't that a damn shame? The animation is what turns me off. I tried to watch it in the past but the animation is just not for me. They need to bring these into the live action films.

That's a nice montage that we'll never get to see in the movies. Sad

Anakin became a fully realized character for the first time in the entire series because of the Clone Wars, I never cared for the film versions where he was portrayed as an emotional basket case more than a Jedi guardian.

It took a little adjusting to the VFX but Clone Wars and Rebels have got quite a bit of violence so it's not really aimed at kids as much, there is a lot of death and the story is probably too complex for kids to follow but the depth and characters are more than strong enough to engage a viewer. Though if you just want pretty effects with depth like a puddle than you're not even into the Jedi you're just into the bright VFX light sabers and should stick with Michael Bay films.  Razz

Rebels isn't pretty enough for you either?

avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 12/18/2016, 5:28 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Anakin became a fully realized character for the first time in the entire series because of the Clone Wars, I never cared for the film versions where he was portrayed as an emotional basket case more than a Jedi guardian.

I agree, there was so much of that shit on Episode 2.

WyldeMan wrote:It took a little adjusting to the VFX but Clone Wars and Rebels have got quite a bit of violence so it's not really aimed at kids as much, there is a lot of death and the story is probably too complex for kids to follow but the depth and characters are more than strong enough to engage a viewer. Though if you just want pretty effects with depth like a puddle than you're not even into the Jedi you're just into the bright VFX light sabers and should stick with Michael Bay films.  Razz

Rebels isn't pretty enough for you either?

Hans Zimmer? Damn you, stop trying to use good movie scores to tempt me with these videos. Razz Nicely done though. Still, I wish it was more adult in terms of CGI. Is it too much to ask for a good story and visuals? If they're not targeting kids with these cartoons then why do they make them this way? It's fucked up.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/18/2016, 5:38 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Hans Zimmer? Damn you, stop trying to use good movie scores to tempt me with these videos. Razz Nicely done though. Still, I wish it was more adult in terms of CGI. Is it too much to ask for a good story and visuals? If they're not targeting kids with these cartoons then why do they make them this way? It's fucked up.

But you're getting great story and the visuals aren't terrible, I think Rebels looks pretty good. Also they've expanded on characters backstories through comics and Ahsoka even got a novel this summer to explain what she was doing after she went on the run in Clone Wars and before she returned as an adult on Rebels. She's had more character and story development than any other character in the entire SW universe besides Anakin.

I just think you need to get over your prejudices, man up and go watch the Star Wars cartoon that airs on the Disney channel.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 12/18/2016, 6:09 pm

I like Star Wars but I'm not willing to watch cartoons and read novels just to know about these great characters. Give me a real CGI and then we can talk. Telling me to man up, shame on you for watching these kiddie cartoons. Razz If you love Star Wars that much though, you'll get it where you can I guess. I will say that these videos you posted look insanely better than Episode 7 story wise already.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/18/2016, 6:30 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I like Star Wars but I'm not willing to watch cartoons and read novels just to know about these great characters. Give me a real CGI and then we can talk. Telling me to man up, shame on you for watching these kiddie cartoons. Razz If you love Star Wars that much though, you'll get it where you can I guess. I will say that these videos you posted look insanely better than Episode 7 story wise already.

I never had much interest in SW growing up actually and didn't find myself even caring much about the characters until Clone Wars and Rebels specifically because of the supierior story and character development to the film universe. To this day, I've never seen a SW film in theaters nor have I watched most of the films more than twice, original and prequel trilogies included. It was Clone Wars and Rebels that got me interested but I'm not cosplaying, blogging about it or going to conventions, I just really enjoy the storylines and characters much more compared to the film versions and this is the only place I post, so other than in my head I don't talk about this stuff anywhere else. Razz

Also, I read three novels a week so one about Ahsoka didn't exactly take away from my valuable reading time. Maybe if you read more books, it wouldn't be such a chore.

Damned Millenials and not caring about things not on your phones!
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 12/18/2016, 10:23 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I never had much interest in SW growing up actually and didn't find myself even caring much about the characters until Clone Wars and Rebels specifically because of the supierior story and character development to the film universe. To this day, I've never seen a SW film in theaters nor have I watched most of the films more than twice, original and prequel trilogies included. It was Clone Wars and Rebels that got me interested but I'm not cosplaying, blogging about it or going to conventions, I just really enjoy the storylines and characters much more compared to the film versions and this is the only place I post, so other than in my head I don't talk about this stuff anywhere else. Razz

It wasn't until the prequels that I started to get into SW myself. I was late to the party and I wouldn't call myself a hardcore SW fan but I do like all the Jedi stuff.

WyldeMan wrote:Also, I read three novels a week so one about Ahsoka didn't exactly take away from my valuable reading time. Maybe if you read more books, it wouldn't be such a chore.

I'm just not a reader. Who reads books anymore anyway?
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/18/2016, 10:53 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:It wasn't until the prequels that I started to get into SW myself. I was late to the party and I wouldn't call myself a hardcore SW fan but I do like all the Jedi stuff.

Growing up my dad kept trying to get me to love the SW films but the Ewoks creeped me out cause they were cannibalistic furry midgets that lived in the Forrest and people still seemed to love them like they were house pets. Evil or Very Mad

UltimateMarvel wrote:I'm just not a reader. Who reads books anymore anyway?

Who reads? Educated people Abe, that's who and to quote the great Betty White in her greatest film Lake Placid, "Well, they conceal information like that in books"
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by Rusty on 12/18/2016, 11:22 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
I'm just not a reader. Who reads books anymore anyway?

General James Mattis, that's who.

And me.

avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 12/19/2016, 12:15 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Who reads? Educated people Abe, that's who and to quote the great Betty White in her greatest film Lake Placid, "Well, they conceal information like that in books"

Rusty Cunt wrote:General James Mattis, that's who.

And me.

avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/19/2016, 3:43 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Who reads? Educated people Abe, that's who and to quote the great Betty White in her greatest film Lake Placid, "Well, they conceal information like that in books"

Rusty Cunt wrote:General James Mattis, that's who.

And me.


And of course you'd respond with your interpretation of what an artist is, Shia LeBeef. Razz Razz Razz
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 12/19/2016, 6:31 pm

WyldeMan wrote:And of course you'd respond with your interpretation of what an artist is, Shia LeBeef. Razz Razz Razz

Damn straight! Shia is the MAN! Cool
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/19/2016, 6:37 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:And of course you'd respond with your interpretation of what an artist is, Shia LeBeef. Razz Razz Razz

Damn straight! Shia is the MAN! Cool


avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 12/19/2016, 6:44 pm

Hey, every actor makes a bad movie once in a while and that wasn't his fault. First GIF was a great movie though, that's just uncalled for.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/19/2016, 7:00 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Hey, every actor makes a bad movie once in a while and that wasn't his fault. First GIF was a great movie though, that's just uncalled for.

Oh those weren't to imply I thought they were bad films, they were films where he was surrounded by vastly more talented and stable actors and I also just enjoy watching him get the shit beat out of him so it was a two birds two gifs situation.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by Rusty on 12/19/2016, 8:59 pm

"A drama facade." Sums up my expectations. Will wait for the Blu-Ray.

avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 12/19/2016, 9:36 pm

The reviews seem torn between loving it and hating it. The people who loved it seem to love it because of nostalgic reasons. The other half says characters and story suck. Wylde, let us know.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/20/2016, 8:17 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:The reviews seem torn between loving it and hating it. The people who loved it seem to love it because of nostalgic reasons. The other half says characters and story suck. Wylde, let us know.

As with any SW film, 90% of the people who see it know exactly how they want to feel about it before they even watch it. I just want to enjoy it even though it's clear how this movie ends, my life won't be ruined by a good or bad SW movie but I hope to enjoy it. I love the cast and the film looks gorgeous based on trailers, I just hope there's enough story. I hear however that quite a few of the best moments of the trailer are not in the film including Jeyn's very highly used "This is a rebellion, I rebel" line. It makes me feel like just like with TFA, we're never gonna get the best cut of the film released to us.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by WyldeMan on 12/20/2016, 11:06 am

Rebels is just proving my point for me now. Cool

Rogue One's Forest Whitaker to Reprise Saw Gerrera Role on Star Wars Rebels

Disney XD’s Star Wars Rebels has recruited Forest Whitaker to voice Saw Gerrera, the freedom fighter he plays in the blockbuster film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

Set in a time period just prior to the events of Rogue One, Star Wars Rebels will introduce Gerrera in the episode “Ghosts of Geonosis, Parts One and Two,” premiering Saturday, Jan. 7.

An animated incarnation of the character was previously featured on Star Wars: The Clone Wars, then voiced by Andrew Kishino. At that time, Gerrera was a guerrilla fighter who received training from Jedi Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ahsoka Tano.

“It’s an incredible honor to have Forest Whitaker play Saw in Rebels,” executive producer Dave Filoni said in a statement. “Forest did a great job at capturing Saw in a way that is a bit mad, a bit crazed, a bit afraid, but also a bit sympathetic. He sees something coming, but no one will take action before it’s too late.”
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by Rusty on 1/2/2017, 8:58 pm

avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by Tyger on 2/1/2017, 12:30 pm

Saw this last night. It was good, not great.

The characters are decent but the only one I feel robbed to not see more of is K2-SO.

I think they did a poor job of making Vader more of a presence. I'm fine with the amount of screen time especially since I was underwhelmed, but he was rarely talked about otherwise which really feels like a mistake.

CGI Tarkin is great but still noticeable. CGI Leia was da,n near flawless.
avatar
Tyger

Posts : 1451
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Utah

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by UltimateMarvel on 4/2/2017, 4:44 pm

Finally watched this today and it was a good movie but this really was a pointless movie to make, of all the Star Wars film they could have made. Highlight for me was obviously the Vader scene at the end.
avatar
UltimateMarvel

Posts : 5082
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Marvel Universe

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by Rusty on 6/24/2017, 12:37 am

Finally watched it. Pretty much nothing but a fan film. Didn't care about anything or anyone in it - except the droid. K2-SO or whatever its name is, but everything else did nothing for me.
avatar
Rusty

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2014-12-09
Location : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by WyldeMan on 6/24/2017, 7:30 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Finally watched it. Pretty much nothing but a fan film. Didn't care about anything or anyone in it - except the droid. K2-SO or whatever its name is, but everything else did nothing for me.

That's how I felt and I highly enjoyed Episode VII.
avatar
WyldeMan
Admin

Posts : 14786
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 32
Location : West Coast

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by kernel_thai on 7/3/2017, 9:31 am

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:Finally watched it. Pretty much nothing but a fan film. Didn't care about anything or anyone in it - except the droid. K2-SO or whatever its name is, but everything else did nothing for me.

That's how I felt and I highly enjoyed Episode VII.

I have the opposite take. Ep VII is a badly written and directed, thinly veiled ripoff of A New Hope. It had two interesting characters (Rey & Kylo Renn) and desperately needed return of Harrison Ford wrapped in endless fan service badly disguised as a homage'. Episode VII can't even hold Rogue One's jock.
avatar
kernel_thai

Posts : 421
Join date : 2014-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story ($706,054,705)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum