Podcasts - what are you listening to?

BDTV :: Media

Go down

Podcasts - what are you listening to?

Post by Rusty on 12/30/2014, 9:13 pm

Anybody listening to any interesting podcasts?

I started listening to them religiously over the past year or so. Majority of my work this year has been a two hour drive away. I hate radio, and you can only listen to the same songs on your iPhone so many times before they get tedious. Podcasts have filled that driving time nicely.

The first ones I listened to were from the first season of Comic Book Men. The first few episodes actually had a companion podcast. Anywhere from 30-60 minutes long. Excellent listen (if you liked the show). Unfortunately, after the first season two of the four guys (Walt & Bryan) stopped doing them, and unfortunately they're the interesting two. Mike and Ming still do them for each episode, but they're boring as shit.

Then I discovered Kevin Smith actually had an entire podcast network setup of his own, with about 40 different shows, and I dove right in. Anyhoo, here's a rundown of the few I listen to, as well as others that I discovered along the way.

Tell 'em Steve-Dave! - Fans of Clerks/Mallrats/Chasing Amy will get the reference. This show is hosted by Walt Flanagan (from Comic Book Men), Bryan Johnson (Comic Book Men), and Brian Quinn (from Impractical Jokers). The three get together once a week and talk about random shit. It is funny as fuck, and they don't hold back.

Smodcast - This is Kevin Smith and long time friend/collaborator, Scott Mosier. They get together every few weeks and talk about anything. Sometimes a movie, sometimes, an event. They both have a fondness for Canada (Scott is Canadian and they met at a Canadian film school pre-Clerks), so they usually do a segment called Scan B.C., where they scan the police reports of Canada for the more weird and wonderful crimes etc. Some of these reports lead directly to his films Tusk, and now Yoga Hosers. When Scott's not around, he'll usually bring in a guest, or play a recording of one of his live shows he frequently does (He records live Q&A's after premiering his movies, etc).

Jay & Silent Bob Get Old - This is Jay & Kevin sitting around shooting the shit. It started as a frequent catch-up between the two after Jay got clean (he was using heroin, oxy, and all kinds of shit), so Kevin used it as a kind of NA meeting for him. Let him air some crap and help him stay clean. It's pretty fucking funny, and now they usually do it live at a venue in front of a crowd. Start with #152. If you don't like that, you won't like any of them (It's fucking hilarious  Twisted Evil )

Hollywood Babble-On - This is a weekly live show Kevin & Ralph Garmen do at the Improv in L.A. Kevin's basically the sidekick in this, but it's funny. The do weekly bits - How big is Liam Neeson's Cock, Hollywood gossip, Hollywood deaths, and some other random shit with Lohan, Bieber and the Kardashian's copping their fare amount of shit. Pretty funny. Only lasts about an hour or so though. Would be better stretched to two.

The Joe Rogan Experience - Joe Rogan is a comedian/actor/tv host/commentator for UFC. A large portion of his podcasts are with MMA fighters, the rest is comedians, fellow podcasters, few singers etc. He's a pretty knowledgeable dude. I've listened to a few with guests that I've never heard of, on subjects I wouldn't think twice about, but he still manages to make everything very interesting. He usually does at least a few podcast's a week (sometimes multiple in a day).

So they're my subscribed podcasts. Always looking for more, so if you have some worth listening to, let me know afro
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Re: Podcasts - what are you listening to?

Post by GrooThePerverted on 12/30/2014, 10:35 pm

These are some of the podcasts that I listen to regularly.

01. The Bob Zany Podcast.

Comedian Bob Zany & his wife Erin O' Connor (also a standup) interview other comedians. Guests have included Christopher Titus, Orny Adams (Coach on Teen Wolf), Ted Lange (from Love Boat) and others.

02. The Brilliant Idiots (Hip Hop podcast hosted by Charlamagne The God (from Power 105 The Breakfast Club). Funny discussions.

03. The Champs (Comedy podcast hosted by Neal Brennan aka 1/2 the creator team for The Chappelle Show)

04. The Combat Jack Show (Hip Hop interview show)
05. Get Up On This (Jensen Karp from the Smodcast empire)
06. The Jimmy Dore Show (Political comedy show)
07. The Majority Report (Political show with some comedy)
08. The Evening Jones (Bomani Jones weekly podcast)
09. Mohr Stories (Jay Mohr's interview podcast)
10. WeFunk Radio (Canadian weekly hip hop/funk/jazz radio show)
11. WTF with Marc Maron (Comedy interview show)
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 12/30/2014, 11:51 pm

Cool, I'll check them out. You can keep that Charlamagne The God show though. That dude's a complete fuckwit.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 12/31/2014, 12:23 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Cool, I'll check them out. You can keep that Charlamagne The God show though. That dude's a complete fuckwit.

lol.

The Bob Zany one is great. Updated every tuesday and they're only about 30 minutes.

GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 12/31/2014, 1:14 am

Yeah, that Zany dude seems pretty unfunny. You can keep that too.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 12/31/2014, 1:28 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Yeah, that Zany dude seems pretty unfunny. You can keep that too.

No
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

BDTV :: Media

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum