BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49)

+5
UltimateMarvel
detective392
Rusty
GrooThePerverted
WyldeMan
9 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 3 Empty Re: In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49)

Post by ForeverBlu 3/24/2016, 4:36 pm

Oh and Phife Dawg from A Tribe called Quest passed away on Tuesday.

Due to complications from Type 1 Diabetes, he was 45 yrs old.

Last edited by ForeverBlu on 3/24/2016, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 3 Empty Re: In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49)

Post by WyldeMan 3/24/2016, 4:53 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Comedian Gary Shandling passed away today, he was 66 yrs old.

Last time I saw him was in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Was a fan of his Comedy show, the theme song was da shit.

Rest in Peace....

I hadn't seen Shandling since What Planet Are You From? I didn't realize he was still working.

Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/24/2016, 8:18 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Oh and Phife Dawg from A Tribe called Quest passed away on Tuesday.

Due to complications from Type 1 Diabetes, he was 45 yrs ago.

Have had ATCQ on heavy rotation for the past couple days. Loved Phife.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/24/2016, 8:22 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:
ForeverBlu wrote:Oh and Phife Dawg from A Tribe called Quest passed away on Tuesday.

Due to complications from Type 1 Diabetes, he was 45 yrs ago.

Have had ATCQ on heavy rotation for the past couple days. Loved Phife.

I left my wallet in El Segundo, I gotta get it, I got gotta get it

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 3/24/2016, 8:24 pm

Can I kick it?

Yes you Can!

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 5/11/2016, 9:07 pm

Tonita Castro Dies At 63
In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 3 Tonita10
Actress and radio personality Tonita Castro died on Mother’s Day, May 8, of cancer. She was 63.

Castro is best known for her series regular role on the Fox multi-camera comedy series Dads and her heavily recurring role on NBC’s single-camera comedy series Go On. She most recently did a recurring guest arc on the freshman CBS comedy Life in Pieces and guest starred in the pilot for the new Fox comedy The Grinder.

Castro came to the United States from Mexico in the late 1970s, following the death of her father, and to help support her family she took several jobs — including cleaning houses.

“We had to start from scratch,” Castro told Fox News Latino. “My mother was a widow with seven kids, and she cleaned and ironed and was proud of the honest work she did.”

The hardship did not stop Castro from pursuing her dream of becoming a teacher. She switched careers after landing a gig as a news reader at Radio Express in Los Angeles before quickly being promoted to co-host of a Spanish-language show. She stayed there for nearly two decades.

Castro did not get into acting until 2005Dads Tonita Castro 2. After juggling radio with occasional acting gigs — she guest starred on a wide variety of series, from dark dramas including Dexter and Southland to such comedies as Glee, Two and a Half Men, The Sarah Silverman Program, Raising Hope, Awkward and The League — she left radio about three years ago to pursue acting full time. Since then, also recurred on Kroll Show. Castro’s feature credits include Funny People, Friends with Money, Imagine That and Our Family Wedding.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/19/2016, 11:40 am

Anton Yelchin Dies In Car Accident At Age 27
In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 3 Anton-10

Anton Yelchin, best known for portraying Ensign Paval Chekov in the Star Trek reboot series as well as for roles in the remake of Fright Night, Terminator Salvation, Jim Jarmush’s Only Lovers Left Alive, and the Stephen King adaptation Hearts In Atlantis, is dead following an unexplained car accident last night in his Los Angeles home. The actor was reportedly found this morning by friends, pinned by his car against the wall of his driveway apparently crushed to death. No foul play is suspected.

“Actor Anton Yelchin was killed in a fatal traffic collision early this morning. His family requests you respect their privacy at this time,” his publicist, Jennifer Allen said in a statement.

Born in Leningrad, Russia in 1989 to parents who were stars of Russia’s Ice Ballet for 15 years, Yelchin and his family immigrated to the United States as political refugees that same year. Yelchin subsequently grew up in Los Angeles, attending Tarzana’s Sherman Oaks Center for Enriched Studies and in 2007, the University of Southern California. His entry into acting came at age 9 in the indie film A Man is Mostly Water, with other early roles including in Delivering Milo, House of D, and the miniseries Taken.

His first major recognition as an actor came in 2001 when he played the younger version of Bobby Garfield, played as an adult by David Morse, in Hearts in Atlantis.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/19/2016, 11:42 am

I am completely stunned by this news. I've been a big fan of Anton's for years, he was one of the most talented actors working today and he always seemed poised for such a big career as he got older. So much work left unfinished now and another of my generations finest actors gone way before their time.

RIP Anton.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/19/2016, 12:57 pm

I just found out about this. SHOCKED! This is so sad. He was a talented actor. May he rest in peace.

I read that his own car killed him as it rolled down his way.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/19/2016, 12:59 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I just found out about this. SHOCKED! This is so sad. He was a talented actor. May he rest in peace.

I read that his own car killed him as it rolled down his way.

Manuals slipping out gear is nothing new but what a freak occurrence for it to happen with him right in the line of it...

One of the greats of our generation gone way too soon.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/19/2016, 3:57 pm

Oh man. What the fuck! Anton was fucking great. I fucking love Hearts in Atlantis.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 6/19/2016, 4:07 pm

I pre-ordered The Green Room from Amazon.

Heard he's great in it.

Also watched the Fright Night remake on tv recently.

Poor guy, now in the Forever 27 club .

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/19/2016, 5:13 pm

Damn, what the fuck?? Agree with Wylde, he's been one to watch for quite awhile. This is far too soon and far too random
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/19/2016, 5:40 pm

Anton was heavily involved with the indie scene the last few years so I was always discovering another film he'd made quietly that got no publicity and I'd seek it out and be impressed like always. Over the last several months I'd been getting all caught up on his latest works like 5 to 7, Broken Horses, Cymbeline, The Driftless Area and Burying the Ex, all of which I'd heard nothing about until they were released and I'd really been looking forward to The Green Room which united him with his Fright Night co-star Imogen Poots. And I can't say enough about his performances in Rudderless or Like Crazy and although I'm still the only one I know who saw it, Odd Thomas was great.

Anton had such a great eye for projects and even at a young age seemed to be capable of an emotional depth that many adult actors are still never capable of. His performances in Alpha Dog and Fierce People were incredible and it was all uphill from there.

Just four days ago I posted that he had joined GDT's animated Netflix series Trollhunters and a few weeks prior to that he'd landed the starring role in the new Stephen King adaptation of Mr Mercedes. Both of which I was so excited for because of his involvement. This is just such a damned shame and one of the only celebrity deaths in a very long time that has actually effected me.

I just read the other day that he has 4 completed films all set for release this year, so he's still got several more roles to offer us.

But as FB mentioned, what is it with the 27 Club, must all the most talented die at that exact age every time?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/19/2016, 6:07 pm

That's one positive, he was definitely very prolific. I definitely count myself as a fan and I know I've only seen a fraction of his work so I'll still be enjoying his films for years to come.

I saw Odd Thomas, loved it, should have been a franchise
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/19/2016, 9:03 pm

Tyger wrote:That's one positive, he was definitely very prolific. I definitely count myself as a fan and I know I've only seen a fraction of his work so I'll still be enjoying his films for years to come.

I saw Odd Thomas, loved it, should have been a franchise

Anton was so young but he was working for over 15 years so he left behind a great body of work. Most actors who die young don't even have a fraction of his credits. Tyger, have you seen Broken Horses yet? It was a really good movie with Vincent D'Onofrio and Chris Marquette and I see it on Starz several times a month still.

The Odd Thomas books are my favorite of Koontz' work, I would have loved that franchise. I even kept holding out hope we'd eventually get a Fright Night 2 but so much remaining potential and so many what if's are all that remain now.

Celebrity deaths don't usually have much of an impact on me cause there are just so many but this one is a damn tragic loss and he will not be forgotten.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 6/19/2016, 9:12 pm

I haven't seen it, but I definitely will, I'll appreciate his roles even more now.

He's one of very few actors, especially at his age and status, to have both quality and quantity.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/19/2016, 9:21 pm

Tyger wrote:I haven't seen it, but I definitely will, I'll appreciate his roles even more now.

He's one of very few actors, especially at his age and status, to have both quality and quantity.

I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen Charlie Bartlett and Alpha Dog, those movies have gotten a lot of replay over the years.

Did you ever see his younger work like Hearts in Atlantis, Fierce People or House of D? At 12 years old he was already more talented than the vast majority of Hollywood today.

According to his IMDB the only movies he ever made that I didn't see was his work in the Smurfs franchise.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/20/2016, 11:50 am

Faulty Jeep Transmission Responsible for Anton's Death?
Anton Yelchin‘s life was claimed in a terrible car accident on June 19, and shocking new details have come to light about how the actor’s vehicle may have malfunctioned, leading to his death. A new report says that Anton’s car had not yet been fixed in a nationwide recall, and it may have cost him his life.

Anton’s Jeep was susceptible to gear shift problems, according to NHTSA documents obtained by TMZ. Anton’s SUV had an issue with the “e-shift” transmission, and per a recall notice that was issued in May 2016, “Drivers may inadvertently fail to achieve the PARK position before exiting”. That means that a driver may mistakenly think his or her car is in PARK, when in reality, the vehicle is in neutral. As we previously knew, Anton’s car was reportedly found still running and in neutral. If Anton’s car had been fixed, the entire accident may not have occurred in the first place.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/23/2016, 6:57 pm

Jeep Faces $5M Class Action Lawsuit After Anton Yelchin's Death
A defective shifter and the lack of a safety override contributed to Anton Yelchin's death and hundreds of other incidents, according to a lawsuit filed Thursday in California federal court.

The 27-year-old Star Trek actor died Sunday after his Jeep Grand Cherokee rolled backward when he was standing behind it and it pinned him against a brick pillar and security fence.

Three plaintiffs have filed a class action complaint against Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, the manufacturer of Jeep, claiming a dangerously defective gear shifter is to blame for Yelchin's death and more than 300 other incidents.

“One of the most basic safety features in every car is the gear shifter that causes a stationary car to remain stationary, unless and until an operator wants the car to move,” states the complaint. “FCA US LLC (“FCA”) broke this basic rule.”

According to the complaint, the manufacturer switched to a "ZF Shifter" for some of its models, and the ZF rests in a central position after the driver shifts which leaves the driver with no tactile signal the vehicle is safely parked.

“Though complaints and accident reports have been ongoing since at least early 2015, FCA has only recently initiated a voluntary recall of the over 811,000 Defective Shifter Vehicles in the United States; but to date it has only sent a letter to owners describing the design defect of the ZF Shifter, even though it knows exactly how to fix the problem by looking at what its competitors have done,” states the complaint. “FCA’s unreasonable delay in fixing the defect and its warning letter was obviously too little, too late for Mr. Yelchin, and nearly a million Defective Shifter Vehicles remain in unsuspecting owners’ driveways and garages.”

The suit seeks to force FCA to replace the shifters or install a safety override system that would automatically move the vehicle into park if the driver's door is open and the food brake is released. Plaintiffs estimate damages will be in excess of $5 million.

Proposed class members include all persons who purchased or leased a 2012-14 Dodge Charger, 2012-14 Chrysler 300 or 2014-15 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Plaintiffs are suing for breach of contract, unfair competition, false advertising and unjust enrichment, among other things.

Earlier this week both the automaker and the LAPD told The Hollywood Reporter they are investigating Yelchin's death.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/24/2016, 10:36 am

Damn! Why did they wait so long? This is something that could have been avoided.

I think my sister's Hyundai Sonata had a similar problem and I went to their website to check if there was any recall on it, it had two problems listed. They got it fixed in an hour or so.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/24/2016, 11:26 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn! Why did they wait so long? This is something that could have been avoided.

I think my sister's Hyundai Sonata had a similar problem and I went to their website to check if there was any recall on it, it had two problems listed. They got it fixed in an hour or so.

It's always a shame when it takes a death to let people know about recall issues but the fact that Anton was the one who died, will be the catalyst for major lawsuits as well as potentially saving other people's lives because of this new information.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2016, 7:33 am

Garry Marshall Dies: ‘Happy Days’ Creator & ‘Pretty Woman’ Helmer Was 81
In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 3 Garry-10
Garry Marshall, a giant of TV comedy whose long list of credits include such landmark series as Happy Days, The Odd Couple and The Dick Van Dyke Show, has died. He was 81. He also helmed 18 feature films including Pretty Woman, and had acting credits dating to the 1960s. His publicist Michelle Bega said Marshall died Tuesday at a Burbank hospital from complications of pneumonia following a stroke.

Henry Winkler, who played Arthur “The Fonz” Fonzerelli on Happy Days, tweeted tonight: “Thank you for my professional life. Thank you for your loyalty, friendship and generosity.”

A recipient of two WGA career honors — the Valentine Davies Award and Paddy Chayefsky Laurel Award — Marshall also co-created and wrote such classic 1970s comedies as Happy Days spinoffs Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy. The former co-starring his sister Penny Marshall was the No. 1 primetime series in back-to-back seasons, and the latter made a star of Robin Williams. With those and Happy Days, the Bronx native had a hand in creating, writing and producing three of the four top-rated TV series of 1978-79.

In 1970, Marshall and Jerry Belson adapted Neil Simon’s The Odd Couple for television, starring Tony Randall as the fastidious Felix Unger and Jack Klugman as the slovenly sportswriter Oscar Madison. The ABC series ran through 1975 and was an Emmy nominee for Outstanding Comedy Series three times. The show revived seven years later as The New Odd Couple with an all-new cast led by Ron Glass as Felix and Demond Wilson as Oscar. It lasted two seasons.

“Garry Marshall’s filmography – from The Joey Bishop Show to Happy Days – is a virtual history of American television comedy,” WGAW President Christopher Keyser said in announcing Marshall’s Laurel Award in 2014. “Both of-their-time and timeless, his shows are a gentle, generous, comic mirror held up to late mid-century America. And no one is a finer or funnier chronicler of friendship – male or female (or alien) – than Garry Marshall.”

During the 1970s and ’80s, Marshall also co-created and/or wrote for and directed sitcoms Blansky’s Beauties, Angie, Makin’ It, The Brian Keith Show, The New Odd Couple, Me and the Chimp and yet another Happy Days spinoff in Joanie Loves Chachi. 

Marshall already was a veteran of the TV comedy game by the 1970s, having written multiple episodes of such series as Make Room for DaddyThe Joey Bishop Show, The Lucy Show and Love, American Style. He also penned 18 episodes of The Dick Van Dyke Show‘s final season. That comedy ranked No. 14 on the WGA’s 2013 list of the 101 Best Written TV Series.

He also worked on such telefilms as Evil Roy Slade and The Murdocks and the McClays, both co-written with Belson and served as executive producer on Showtime’s 1996 telepic The Twilight of the Golds, in which he also co-starred as Mr. Gold.

Marshall told the Archive of American Television in 2000: “The producer has to convince people of the basic sports theory that sometimes you’ve got to work with people; you don’t have to go to lunch with them.”

Marshall directed the 1990 smash comedy Pretty Woman, which made a star of Julia Roberts. He would direct her again in Runaway Bride (1999) and his recent holiday-themed films Mother’s Day — which opened in April — and Valentine’s Day. His other film directing credits include the Michelle Pfeiffer-Al Pacino drama Frankie & Johnny (see photo below), Beaches, Overboard, The Princess Diaries, The Flamingo Kid and Young Doctors in Love.

Marshall continued to act into his 80s, most recently appearing as Walter Madison, the father of Oscar (Matthew Perry), in an episode of CBS’ The Odd Couple this past season and recent episodes of series including Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Hot in Cleveland, Louie and Two and a Half Men. He also appeared in two dozen episodes of Murphy Brown and did plenty of voice work, working on toons including BoJack Horseman, The Simpsons, The Looney Tunes Show and Father of the Pride. His acting credits stretch back to an uncredited role as a bad guy in the 1964 James Bond classic Goldfinger.

Marshall also was a lover of theater. In 1997, he founded The Falcon Theatre, a 130-seat hall near Disney Studios in Burbank, and launched a five-play subscription series in 2002. He directed his first opera, Grand Duchess, which opened the Los Angeles Opera’s 2005 season. Three years later, he directed L’Elisir d’Amore (The Elixir of Love) for the San Antonio Opera. In 2007, he debuted a stage musical production of Happy Days, with a book by Marshall and music and lyrics by Paul Williams.

Along with the WGA career honors, Marshall has a slew of other awards to his name. He received a Lifetime Achievement Award in Television from the PGA in 1998 and was a two-time winner of the Publicists Guild’s Showmanship Award, for TV in 1980 and motion pictures in 1992. He also logged four Emmy noms for Outstanding Comedy Series — the three for Odd Couple and another for Mork & Mindy. Marshall received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1983.

In addition to Penny Marshall, he is survived by his wife of 53 years, Barbara Sue Marshall; another sister, Ronny Hallin; children Lori, a writer; Kathleen, a theater producer; and Scott, a film and TV director; as well as six grandchildren.

Funeral services will be private. A memorial is being planned for his birthday on November 13. The family requests no flowers. Donations in the name of Garry Marshall can be made to the Saban Community Clinic (formerly known as the Los Angeles Free Clinic), the Intensive Care Unit at Providence St. Joseph’s Medical Center in Burbank and Northwestern University Undergraduate Scholarship Fund.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2016, 7:37 am

RIP Gary, I always enjoyed Flamingo Kid and the Kurt Russell classic Overboard.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/2/2016, 2:29 pm

Anton Yelchin Received Jeep Recall Notice 7 Days After His Death
A recall notice for a Jeep Grand Cherokee was mailed to actor Anton Yelchin seven days after he was killed in a freak roll away accident, his family’s attorney said Tuesday.

Yelchin’s parents filed a wrongful death lawsuit Tuesday against the vehicle’s manufacturer, Fiat Chrysler, as well as ZF North America, which manufactured the gear shift. Fiat Chrysler recalled more than 800,000 vehicles in April, after receiving hundreds of rollaway complaints.

“The safety recall was way too little and way too late,” attorney Gary Dordick said at a press conference in Beverly Hills. “They should have never used this device.”

The shifter in 2014 and 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokees operates like a joystick, returning to the same position no matter what gear the vehicle is in. Some drivers have become confused and exited the vehicle while it is still in gear, leading it to roll away. Yelchin died on June 19 when he was pinned by his vehicle against an entrance post at his Studio City home. The LAPD and Fiat Chrysler are still investigating the death, but it appears that it could be the first fatality related to the rollaway issue.

Yelchin’s parents, Viktor and Irina Yelchin, also appeared at the press conference and offered an emotional remembrance of their son.

“He was our only son,” Viktor Yelchin said. “It is against nature when a parent buries his own child.”

“He never cared about being a star,” Irina Yelchin said, wiping tears from her eyes. “He loved life very much… His death is gonna save some other life.”
Dordick alleged that Fiat Chrysler “put profits before safety.”

In a statement, Fiat Chrysler said it had yet to be served with the lawsuit and could not comment extensively about it.

“FCA US LLC extends its sympathies to the Yelchin family for their tragic loss,” the company said. “FCA US urges customers to follow the instructions in their owners manuals and the information cards sent with their recall notices. These instructions include advising customers to set the parking brakes in their vehicles before exiting.”

In its original statement on the accident, Fiat Chrysler noted that “the vehicles also deliver warning chimes and alert messages (‘Vehicle Not in Park’) if their driver-side doors are opened while their engines are still running and PARK is not engaged.”

Fiat Chrysler sent a notice in May that explained the issue and gave instructions on how to make sure the car is in park. The issue also affects the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger for model years 2012-2014. The May notice advised that Fiat Chrysler was still working on a repair for the shifter. Dordick said it was unclear whether Yelchin ever saw that notice, as it was not found in his effects after his death.

The June notice — which was sent after Yelchin’s death and begins “Dear ANTON YELCHIN” — advised that Chrysler dealers would update the gear shifter software to add an “Auto Park” feature.

As of late June, the NHTSA was aware of some 700 complaints regarding the issue, including 266 crashes and 68 injuries.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/2/2016, 3:42 pm

Daaaaaaaaamn, a week late to even be notified
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/13/2016, 9:33 pm

Kenny Baker, the ‘Star Wars’ Actor Behind R2-D2, Dies at 81
In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 3 R2d210
Kenny Baker, the man who brought the iconic “Star Wars” character R2-D2 to life, has died. He was 81.

The Guardian, which confirmed the death, issued a statement from Baker’s niece, Abigail Shield: “It was expected, but it’s sad nonetheless,” she said. “He had a very long and fulfilled life. He brought lots of happiness to people and we’ll be celebrating the fact that he was well loved throughout the world. We’re all very proud of what he achieved in his lifetime.”

The actor, who was 3 feet 8 inches tall, stared in the first six “Star Wars” films, starting in 1977 when he first played the robot in “Episode IV – A New Hope.”

Over his career, which spanned five decades, his credits included “The Elephant Man,” “Time Bandits” and “Flash Gordon.”

The British actor met his wife, Eileen, when she wrote him a letter after seeing him on the U.K. TV chat show hosted by Michael Parkinson. “They got married soon after,” Shield told the Guardian. “Sadly she died of epilepsy about 20 years ago.”

Baker had long suffered an illness and was often in a wheelchair. “He was asked to go out to L.A. for the new Star Wars premiere but he was told he was too ill to travel,” Shield said.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/29/2016, 5:10 pm

Gene Wilder passed away on Sunday. He was 83. Looking at his IMDb page, it shows he only has 37 credits. I wasn't too familiar with all his works but I would have thought he had more than 37. Still, I enjoyed his work. My favorite was See No Evil, Hear No Evil.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/30/2016, 8:31 am

joey con carne wrote:Gene Wilder passed away on Sunday. He was 83. Looking at his IMDb page, it shows he only has 37 credits. I wasn't too familiar with all his works but I would have thought he had more than 37. Still, I enjoyed his work. My favorite was See No Evil, Hear No Evil.

37?!?!!? Actually that sounds about right cause he really only made movies from the 70's through the 80s then it was very sporadic.

Encore has been fairly continuously airing all of his movies with Richard Pryor over the last several months.

Still he lived a very long life and starred in some movies that will always be able to make me laugh though I think as a kid I probably watched Blazing Saddles the most but then I discovered The Woman in Red had Kelly LeBrock so that eventually won out. Wilder's movies have held up quite well over time and his stuff with Pryor is still comedy gold.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/30/2016, 8:53 am

So many legends going this year
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/11/2016, 6:31 pm

Alexis Arquette, Actress and Sister to Patricia and David Arquette, Dies at 47
In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 3 Alexis10

Transgender actress Alexis Arquette died Sunday morning, her brother Richmond Arquette revealed in a Facebook post. She was 47.

“Our brother Robert, who became our brother Alexis, who became our sister Alexis, who became our brother Alexis, passed this morning September 11, at 12:32 am,” Richmond wrote. “He was surrounded by all of his brothers and sisters, one of his nieces and several other loved ones. We were playing music for him and he passed during David Bowie’s Starman. As per his wishes, we cheered at the moment that he transitioned to another dimension.”

A cause of death has not been yet released. Later on Sunday, the Alexis’ siblings Rosanna, Richmond, Patricia and David Arquette issued a statement about the news, calling her a “brilliant artist and painter, a singer, an entertainer and an actor.”

“Her career was cut short, not by her passing, but by her decision to live her truth and her life as a transgender woman,” the statement goes on. “Despite the fact that there are few parts for trans actors, she refused to play roles that were demeaning or stereotypical. She was a vanguard in the fight for understanding and acceptance for all trans people. She fiercely lived her reality in a world where it is dangerous to be a trans person — a world largely unready to accept differences among human beings, and where there is still the ugliness of violence and hostility towards people that we may not understand.”

“Alexis was born as Robert, our brother,” the statement goes on. “We loved him the moment he arrived. But he came in as more than a sibling — he came as our great teacher. As Alexis transitioned into being a woman, she taught us tolerance and acceptance. As she moved through her process, she became our sister, teaching us what real love is. We learned what real bravery is through watching her journey of living as a trans woman. We came to discover the one truth — that love is everything. In the days leading to her death, she told us she was already visiting the other side, and that where she was going, there was only one gender. That on the other side, we are free from all of the things that separate us in this life, and that we are all one.”

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/26/2016, 3:09 pm

Michael Massee Dies: Actor Involved In Tragic ‘Crow’ Accident Was 61
In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 3 Michae10
Michael Massee, known for roles in The Amazing Spider-Man film series and whose name was, unfortunately, inextricably linked to the tragic accident that killed Brandon Lee during the filming of the 1994 film The Crow, died October 26 from undisclosed causes. He was 61. The news was first announced by French actor Anthony Delon, Massee’s fellow cast member on the 2014 French series Interventions.

From Kansas City, MO, Massee’s film career was still new when he landed his second feature role, as Funboy in The Crow. On March 31, 1993 during filming of the pic based on the comic by James O’Barr, members of the crew had improperly prepared dummy cartridges for a revolver, accidentally creating a live round in the process. The gun was intended for the scene in which Massee’s character kills Brandon Lee’s Eric Draven, turning Draven into The Crow. Unaware of the crew’s mistake, Massee fired the revolver, tragically shooting Lee in the stomach; Lee died later that day after unsuccessful surgery.

Massee was deeply traumatized by his inadvertent role in Lee’s death; he refused to see the completed film, and took a year off from acting afterward. In a 2005 interview, he admitted he still had nightmares about it, and said that “I don’t think you ever get over something like that.”

Massee resumed his career in 1995, appearing that year in Tales From The Hood and Seven, among other films. He went on to appear in David Lynch’s Lost Highway and David Fincher’s The Game, Stephen Spielberg’s Amistad, and more recently as Marvel villain Gustav Fiers (“The Gentleman”) in The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

On television, Massee’s credits include Lucius Belyakovin on HBO’s Carnivàle, mercenary and former Navy SEAL Ira Gaines on the first season of 24, the killer Charles Hoyt on TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles, and the main villain on NBC’s Revelations. He also had roles on Fringe, Supernatural, CSI, House, and Flash Forward among many others.

He’s survived by his wife, Ellen Massee, and their two children.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/26/2016, 3:11 pm

I've been a fan of Massee's for years, he was one of the quintessential character actors and I will miss not getting to see him in any new projects.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/26/2016, 4:21 pm

What a bummer. He played a fucking great bad guy.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 10/26/2016, 5:37 pm

In a past interview, he said the accident that killed Brandon Lee will
forever haunt him.

Had no idea he was that far up in age.

R.I.P.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 3 Empty Ron Glass has passed away.

Post by Rusty 11/26/2016, 6:34 pm

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/26/2016, 7:36 pm

Damn, might have to do a sad rewatch of Firefly soon.

Also, no love for Carol Brady around here? RIP Florence Henderson
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 11/26/2016, 9:35 pm

Tyger wrote:RIP Florence Henderson

Didn't know that. Damn.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/13/2016, 6:34 pm

Alan Thicke Dies From Heart Attack at 69
In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 3 Alan-t10

Television vet Alan Thicke, best known for starring as Dr. Jason Seaver on the ABC family sitcom Growing Pains, has died, his publicist confirms for TVLine. He was 69.

TMZ reported that the actor suffered a heart attack Tuesday while playing hockey with his son. He was pronounced dead at Providence St. Joseph’s Medical Center.

Thicke’s pre-Growing Pains TV credits included episodes of The Love Boat. After Growing Pains (for which he earned a Golden Globe nomination) wrapped its seven-season run in 1992, he went on to costar in the NBC sitcom Hope & Gloria as well as appear in episodes of Married With Children, the Baywatch-spoofing Son of the Beach, The Bold and the Beautiful, The L.A. Complex and How I Met Your Mother (where he appeared as Robin’s “dad”). He would also reprise his role as Jason Seaver in two Growing Pains reunion TV-movies.

More recently, the Canadian-born actor guested on Scream Queens, the This is Us pilot, Grandfathered and Fuller House.

In addition to his work as an actor, Thicke famously composed music for Diff’rent Strokes and The Facts of Life, among other shows.

He is survived by his third wife, Tanya, and sons Robin (the recording artist), Brennan and Carter.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/13/2016, 7:40 pm

Oh shit, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

I just saw him the 2013 Christmas movie on Hallmark Channel called Let It Snow. I remember watching him on Growing Pains.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/13/2016, 8:02 pm

joey con carne wrote:Oh shit, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

I just saw him the 2013 Christmas movie on Hallmark Channel called Let It Snow. I remember watching him on Growing Pains.

I caught him in a repeat of the HIMYM Robin Sparkles episode just a few weeks back.

Like every kid in the 80's, I also watched Growing Pains. It was a staple in my home so I have fond memories of Alan Thicke who unlike Cosby, didn't severely taint my childhood memories of classic sitcom tv and jello pudding.

I remember reading a few years back that the guy who played Boner also died. Yet that colossoal fuck bag cunt stick Kirk Cameron is alive and well. Rolling Eyes

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 12/13/2016, 8:14 pm

Why don't you like Kirk Cameron? Last I heard he was a major bible thumper.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/13/2016, 8:49 pm

I feel like you just answered your own question.

RIP Jason Seaver
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/13/2016, 9:23 pm

joey con carne wrote:Why don't you like Kirk Cameron? Last I heard he was a major bible thumper.

He's one of those hardcore bible bangers who believes he has the right to tell others how to live cause he's got the morals of a 50's republican who thinks God takes the greatest priority in life and women are here to serve, since that's what the bible says.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 12/13/2016, 9:33 pm

joey con carne wrote:Why don't you like Kirk Cameron? Last I heard he was a major bible thumper.

He's a religious wingnut, homophobic and probably racist.

Complete jackass towards his castmates, once he went that route.

Got the actress who played his first GF fired.

Julie McCullough.

When he found out she was former Playmate.

Replaced by his then GF Chelsea Noble.

Mind you, he was once an Atheist.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next