BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49)

+5
UltimateMarvel
detective392
Rusty
GrooThePerverted
WyldeMan
9 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 5 Empty Re: In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49)

Post by ForeverBlu 6/10/2017, 9:23 am

Adam West has lost his battle with leukemia, he was 88 yrs old.

RIP

To the Pearly Gates!

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 5 Empty Re: In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49)

Post by ForeverBlu 6/27/2017, 3:50 pm

Swedish actor Michael Nyqvist lost his battle with Lung Cancer today.

He was 56 yrs old.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/27/2017, 4:03 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:Swedish actor Michael Nyqvist lost his battle with Lung Cancer today.

He was 56 yrs old.

Damn. He was great.

I think I'll watch Arn tonight.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/27/2017, 4:25 pm

Is there any other way for celebs over 55 to die these days than cancer???
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/27/2017, 6:00 pm

joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/8/2017, 12:44 pm

Nelsan Ellis Dies: ‘True Blood’ Star Was 39

In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 5 Nelsan11
Nelsan Ellis, best known for playing Lafayette Reynolds on HBO’s True Blood, has died. He was 39.

“We were extremely saddened to hear of the passing of Nelsan Ellis,” HBO said in a statement this afternoon. “Nelsan was a long-time member of the HBO family whose groundbreaking portrayal of Lafayette will be remembered fondly within the overall legacy of True Blood. Nelsan will be dearly missed by his fans and all of us at HBO.”

Said True Blood creator Alan Ball: “Nelsan was a singular talent whose creativity never ceased to amaze me. Working with him was a privilege.”

Ellis, who joined the cast of CBS’ Elementary this past season, was also in the Oscar Best Picture nominee The Help alongside Octavia Spencer, Viola Davis and Emma Stone.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/8/2017, 12:45 pm

This is shocking news but I read in another article that Nelsan passed after complications from heart failure, so maybe he'd been sick for awhile.

RIP Nelsan.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/8/2017, 12:56 pm

Whoa, heart failure at 39. So young.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/8/2017, 1:18 pm

Sad news. I liked him in True Blood, he was funny. RIP
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/8/2017, 2:00 pm

Hooker, no!

That's really shocking. He was a really good actor that didn't seem to get roles he deserved.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/8/2017, 2:18 pm

Tyger wrote:Hooker, no!

That's really shocking. He was a really good actor that didn't seem to get roles he deserved.

I know he speared in a few big films but after TB ended I don't think I saw him again.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/10/2017, 4:14 pm

Nelsan Ellis’ Family Shares Details About ‘True Blood’ Star’s Cause of Death
Nelsan Ellis, known for playing Lafayette Reynolds on HBO’s “True Blood,” died on Saturday of heart failure related to alcohol withdraw, according to a statement released by his family on Monday. The actor was 39.

According to the family’s statement, Ellis had attempted to withdraw from alcohol on his own, but had a blood infection that caused his kidneys to “shut down,” his liver to swell, and his blood pressure to drop.

Ellis had “suffered with drug and alcohol abuse for years,” according to the statement. But he was “ashamed of his addiction and thus was reluctant to talk about it during his life.” The family hopes his life can “serve as a cautionary tale in an attempt to help others.”

Ellis was born in Harvey, Ill., and moved to Alabama during his childhood before returning to Chicago. He received his B.F.A. from Juilliard, and appeared on “True Blood” between 2008 and 2014.

At Ellis’ time of death, HBO said in a statement, “Nelsan was a long-time member of the HBO family whose groundbreaking portrayal of Lafayette will be remembered fondly within the overall legacy of ‘True Blood.’ Nelsan will be dearly missed by his fans and all of us at HBO.”

Read the full statement from Ellis’ family, released to Variety through his manager Emily Gerson Saines, below:

Nelsan’s father has bravely agreed for me to share the circumstances of Nelsan’s heart failure. Nelsan has suffered with drug and alcohol abuse for years. After many stints in rehab, Nelsan attempted to withdraw from alcohol on his own. According to his father, during his withdrawal from alcohol he had a blood infection, his kidneys shut down, his liver was swollen, his blood pressure plummeted, and his dear sweet heart raced out of control.

On the morning of Saturday July 8th, after four days in Woodhull Hospital, Nelsan was pronounced dead. Nelsan was a gentle, generous, and kind soul. He was a father, a son, a grandson, a brother, a nephew, and a great friend to those that were lucky enough to know him. Nelsan was ashamed of his addiction and thus was reluctant to talk about it during his life. His family, however, believes that in death he would want his life to serve as a cautionary tale in an attempt to help others.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/10/2017, 4:15 pm

Well now, being an alcoholic and an addict is a pretty good reason for heart failure at 39.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 7/10/2017, 5:19 pm

Knew about the alcohol, not the drugs.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/10/2017, 9:44 pm

Such a shame
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2017, 3:01 pm

George A. Romero Dies: ‘Night Of The Living Dead’ Icon Was 77
In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 5 George10

George Romero, who launched the zombie film genre with his 1968 “Night of the Living Dead,” died on Sunday, Variety has confirmed. He was 77.

The director died in his sleep following a battle with lung cancer, according to a statement from his manager Chris Roe.

“Legendary filmmaker George A. Romero passed away on Sunday July 16, listening to the score of ‘The Quiet Man,’ one of his all-time favorite films, with his wife, Suzanne Desrocher Romero, and daughter, Tina Romero at his side,” wrote Roe. “He died peacefully in his sleep, following a brief but aggressive battle with lung cancer, and leaves behind a loving family, many friends, and a filmmaking legacy that has endured, and will continue to endure, the test of time.”

Made in Pittsburgh on a budget of $114,000, “Night of the Living Dead” made $30 million and became a cult classic. Romero’s friends and associates in his Image Ten production company pooled their funds to make the film. Influenced by Richard Matheson’s novel “I Am Legend,” the black and white film about a group of people trapped in a Pennsylvania farmhouse who fall prey to a horde of the undead was said to be a critique of capitalism during the counter-culture era.

After “Night of the Living Dead,” he directed films including “There’s Always Vanilla,” “Season of the Witch,” and “The Crazies,” although none had the impact of his first film. His 1977 vampire arthouse pic “Martin” was somewhat more well-received.

He went back to zombies with “Dawn of the Dead,” which made more than $55 million on a half a million dollar budget, then made his third Dead movie with “Day of the Dead” in 1985.

His non-zombie films of that period gained more attention, including “Knightridgers” about jousters who re-enact tournaments on motorcycles and the anthology “Creepshow” written by Stephen King.

Among his other films from the 1980s and 1990s were “Monkey Shines,” Edgar Allen Poe adaptation “Two Evil Eyes,” in collaboration with Dario Argento, “The Dark Half’ and “Bruiser.”

He exec produced and updated his own screenplay for Tom Savini’s 1990 remake of “Night of the Living Dead.” He made a cameo appearance in “The Silence of the Lambs.” Romero was originally set to direct “Resident Evil,” but left the project due to creative differences.

His fourth Dead movie “Land of the Dead” was made in Toronto in 2005, starring Simon Baker, Dennis Hopper, Asia Argento and John Leguizamo.

He followed that with “Diary of the Dead” in 2008 and “Survival of the Dead” in 2010. He also worked on video games and wrote comic books.

Born in the Bronx, Romero’s father was Cuban and his mother Lithuanian. He graduated Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, then began shooting shorts and commericals, including a segment of “Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.”

He is survived by his wife Suzanne and two children.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 7/16/2017, 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2017, 3:04 pm

All the icons are dying quickly now.

I was just reading about Romero's latest 'Road of the Dead' zombie film a few weeks back which I think is still filming so he worked on what he loved right to the end.

However, Romero's death by lung cancer reiterates the question I keep asking in this thread, is there anyway for celebs over 55 to die other than cancer?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 7/16/2017, 3:07 pm

George A. Romero has passed away, he was 77 yrs old.

He became somewhat bitter over the years.
After his second Dead Trilogy flopped HARD.

Land of the Dead

Diary of the Dead

Survival of the Dead.

With that said, his OG Trilogy pretty much gave birth to the Zombie subgenre.

Night Of the Living Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Day of the Dead.

If not for him, The Walking Dead CB/Tv series wouldn't exist.

Rest in Peace...

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2017, 3:13 pm

I never had a hard time understanding why his movies didn't make any money but I wasn't his target audience and as you said his contributions to the genre cannot be ignored.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 7/16/2017, 3:20 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I never had a hard time understanding why his movies didn't make any money but I wasn't his target audience and as you said his contributions to the genre cannot be ignored.

George wasn't a very good business man.

That's why the groundbreaking NOTLD ended up in the public domain.

Available for anyone to use as they wish.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2017, 3:23 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I never had a hard time understanding why his movies didn't make any money but I wasn't his target audience and as you said his contributions to the genre cannot be ignored.

George wasn't a very good business man.

That's why the groundbreaking NOTLD ended up in the public domain.

Available for anyone to use as they wish.

Directors don't usually make good business men, especially when struggling. Tarantino sold some of his greatest scripts for a few hundred dollars.....Oh what might have been....
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 7/16/2017, 3:41 pm

Kirkman and Nicotero. repeatedly invited Romero to Direct an episode of TWD.

He idolized him, but Romero seemed to have   disdain towards that show.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/16/2017, 7:14 pm

Martin Landau passed away, too. He was 89 years old. I didn't know Romero died. The news I was listening to in my car didn't even mention Romero but they mentioned Landau like five times.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2017, 8:20 pm

joey con carne wrote:Martin Landau passed away, too. He was 89 years old. I didn't know Romero died. The news I was listening to in my car didn't even mention Romero but they mentioned Landau like five times.

WOW, Romero and Landau in the same day?!?!?! I loved Martin's work and his daughter will always be Drusilla to me.

I remember reading once that Landau turned down the role of Spock and then it went to Nimoy.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2017, 12:20 pm

At the current rate these icons are dropping I'd be very nervous if I were Stan Lee, especially since his wife died two weeks ago.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/18/2017, 1:38 pm

Or the fact that he's in his mid 90's
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2017, 2:09 pm

Tyger wrote:Or the fact that he's in his mid 90's

Stan Lee made his crossroads deal at the same time as Robert Johnson.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2017, 6:44 pm

Harvey Atkin, ‘Meatballs,’ ‘Cagney & Lacey’ Actor, Dies at 74
In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 5 Harvey10

Harvey Atkin, an actor known for his roles in “Cagney & Lacey” and the “Law & Order” franchise has died at the age of 74, TheWrap has learned.

“It is with great sadness that we can confirm our beloved friend, husband, father and grandfather, Harvey passed away peacefully last night following his battle with cancer,” Atkins’ agent Larry Goldhar said in a statement on Tuesday.

Atkin died early Tuesday morning in his home city of Toronto, Canada, after a long illness.

He is best known for his recurring role as Sergeant Ronald Coleman in the CBS police drama “Cagney & Lacey” from 1982 to 1988. He also appeared as Judge Alan Ridenour on Dick Wolf’s “Law & Order,” as well as on spinoffs “Law & Order: Criminal Intent” and “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.”

On the film side, he’s known for co-starring alongside Bill Murray, Kate Lynch and Chris Makepeace in the 1979 comedy “Meatballs.” His other credits include “Atlantic City,” “Beetlejuice” and “Jacob Two-Two.”

Atkin is survived by his wife Celia, daughter Lisa and son Danny, three sisters and five grandchildren.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2017, 6:45 pm

I have no idea how many times I watched Meatballs as a kid but it was a lot and Harvey was hilarious.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 7/18/2017, 9:31 pm

Meatballs is classic!

RIP...

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/19/2017, 6:37 am

I have never seen Meatballs. It's one of those great films I never got around to watching.... Like Dazed and Confused which I only just watched for the first and second time last weekend.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/19/2017, 7:32 am

joey con carne wrote:I have never seen Meatballs. It's one of those great films I never got around to watching.... Like Dazed and Confused which I only just watched for the first and second time last weekend.

WHAT!?!?!?!?

Meatballs was a staple in my childhood, I got the VHS from a friend who stole his dad's copy when we were about 8 years old. It introduced me to Bill Murray and I've been a fan ever since, I still laugh like a bastard every time I watch it.

Dazed and Confused you JUST saw?! I mentioned before that in high school my friends and I had a routine of watching Dazed and Fast Times while partying every Friday night so those movies represent my teenage years more than anything. I know both films word for word, all the beats and pauses. I never did tire of watching them either but I first saw it when I was 13 and blind bought a copy from the Costco but I'm curious what your experience was with Dazed as a big city boy in his 30's though it sounds like you went for a double play.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2017, 2:17 pm

Linkin Park Singer Chester Bennington Hangs Himself on Chris Cornell's 53rd Birthday
In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 5 Cheste10
Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington was found dead Thursday morning in his Palos Verdes Estates home, on what would have been Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell’s 53rd birthday. The two singers were close friends.

Cornell died by hanging himself in May, and Bennington apparently killed himself the same way, according to multiple reports that cite local law enforcement (TMZ was first to report the news). The singer had struggled with drugs and alcohol for years, according to the outlet.

After Cornell’s death, Bennington tweeted out a letter to his friend. “I’m still weeping, with sadness, as well as gratitude for having shared some very special moments with you and your beautiful family,” Bennington wrote. “You have inspired me in many ways you could never have known. Your talent was pure and unrivaled. Your voice was joy and pain, anger and forgiveness, love and heartache all wrapped up into one… I can’t imagine a world without you in it.”

With all of my love @chriscornell. pic.twitter.com/NFz0dnxfp8
— Chester Bennington (@ChesterBe) May 18, 2017

Linkin Park also dedicated their song “One More Light” as a tribute to Cornell on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”

“We were going to come out and play heavy first, but in light of our dear friend Chris Cornell passing away, we decided to play our song ‘One More Light’ in honor of him to start this off,” Bennington said at the performance in May.

Bennington is survived by six children, and he was married twice.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2017, 2:18 pm

Oh shit......

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 7/20/2017, 5:15 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Oh shit......

Just posted that sad irony in the Random Thoughts thread.

I believe Chester sang at Chris's Memorial Service.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/21/2017, 7:13 am

WyldeMan wrote:Dazed and Confused you JUST saw?! I mentioned before that in high school my friends and I had a routine of watching Dazed and Fast Times while partying every Friday night so those movies represent my teenage years more than anything. I know both films word for word, all the beats and pauses. I never did tire of watching them either but I first saw it when I was 13 and blind bought a copy from the Costco but I'm curious what your experience was with Dazed as a big city boy in his 30's though it sounds like you went for a double play.

I really liked Dazed and Confused. When I first saw it last week, I thought about my post regarding high school reunions. Like Ben Affleck's character who just loooooved high school. It's guys like that who I always imagine are the big fish in high school but wind up being nobody's in real life afterward. Then they are sitting in a bar saying "Hey, remember we paddled that freshman in senior year? Yea, we are fucking rockstars....."

Another movie I only recently watched in its entirety was The Big Lebowski. I really like that movie. My buddy in university was always talking about it but I never understood why he liked it so much. I tried watching it back then but lost interest. Watching it again recently I just enjoyed the hell out of it.

I'm sure Dazed and Confused is going to be on again this weekend or is available OnDemand. I'll probably watch it again and pick up on more nuances I missed the first two times.

I would also like to add Dazed and Confused was absolutely nothing like my own high school experience. At all. But I do know there are high schools out there which resembles the film.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/21/2017, 7:30 am

joey con carne wrote:I really liked Dazed and Confused. When I first saw it last week, I thought about my post regarding high school reunions. Like Ben Affleck's character who just loooooved high school. It's guys like that who I always imagine are the big fish in high school but wind up being nobody's in real life afterward. Then they are sitting in a bar saying "Hey, remember we paddled that freshman in senior year? Yea, we are fucking rockstars....."

Another movie I only recently watched in its entirety was The Big Lebowski. I really like that movie. My buddy in university was always talking about it but I never understood why he liked it so much. I tried watching it back then but lost interest. Watching it again recently I just enjoyed the hell out of it.

I'm sure Dazed and Confused is going to be on again this weekend or is available OnDemand. I'll probably watch it again and pick up on more nuances I missed the first two times.

I would also like to add Dazed and Confused was absolutely nothing like my own high school experience. At all. But I do know there are high schools out there which resembles the film.

In high school I remember watching Dazed, Fast Times, Varsity Blues, Heathers and The Breakfast Club a lot but Dazed and especially the Moontower party was the closest to my own experiences. All those movies, I've seen more times than I could even guess, they have a very fond place in my memory bank but Dazed and Fast Times are the top of the food chain for me in that genre. Please tell me you've seen Fast Times?

I know a few guys like Affleck's O'Bannion, they're gonna be on their bar stools by 10am today cause "It's Friday! WOOOOO Where's the party fellas?!?!"  Razz

Since you liked Dazed you should also check out Linklater's "spiritual sequel" as he called it "Everybody Wants Some". Linklater loves small town Texas and baseball.

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/21/2017, 11:09 am

Seattle Nonprofit Establishes Chris Cornell Music Therapy Program
In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 5 Chris-10
Seattle-based nonprofit Childhaven has established a music therapy program in memory of late Soundgarden front man Chris Cornell. The announcement came on July 20, what would have been the singer’s 53 birthday.

The “Chris Cornell Music Therapy Program at Childhaven” aims to “bring the healing power of music to trauma-affected children,” and Cornell’s widow, Vicky Cornell, has committed $10,000 to assist the organization’s therapeutic early learning model.

“The Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation is excited to join Childhaven to support its extraordinary work impacting the lives of those in need,” Vicky Cornell said in a statement. “Chris and I always shared a strong belief in the healing and inspiring power of music, and through Childhaven’s establishment of this program, we are able to keep the promise for Chris by continuing to protect the world’s most vulnerable children.”

Childhaven helps children from birth to 5 and their families to overcome the effects of abuse, neglect, domestic violence, and chemical dependency. Music therapy provides a creative outlet through which they can express and explore difficult feelings.

It’s worth noting the Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington, a close friend of Cornell’s who died on July 20 at the age of 41, also struggled with childhood trauma.

“Because of what they’ve experienced, a lot of children come to Childhaven struggling with anger and other overwhelming emotions,” said musician Brian Vogan, who runs music therapy at Childhaven. “Being able to beat on drums is really helpful for them. Other kids are very shy, and music helps to bring them out of their shell.”

The Chris & Vicky Cornell Foundation previously contributed to Childhaven’s music therapy program in 2013.

“We’re honored to preserve Chris Cornell’s memory with this program,” said Childhaven CEO Jon Botten. “Music has the power to engage, to delight, and to heal. Thanks to the Chris & Vicky Cornell Foundation, more of our most vulnerable children will be able to use music to build the resilience they need to reach their full potential.”
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/21/2017, 11:50 am

It sucks music couldn't help Cornell or Bennington. On the face of it, this Foundation seems absurd, but I get it and it's definitely a good thing. Better to try than not try at all.

The Linklater film looks pretty funny. If it's on Netflix or something I'll try to catch it this weekend.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/21/2017, 12:00 pm

joey con carne wrote:It sucks music couldn't help Cornell or Bennington. On the face of it, this Foundation seems absurd, but I get it and it's definitely a good thing. Better to try than not try at all.

I couldn't help but think about the sad irony that it's a foundation for traumatized children while these two men left 9 of their own traumatized kids behind.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/21/2017, 1:12 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I couldn't help but think about the sad irony that it's a foundation for traumatized children while these two men left 9 of their own traumatized kids behind.

I didn't even think about that. The irony for me was two great musicians who were overcome by their problems and now one of those musicians is trying to help kids through music when clearly music did not help him. It's like trying to be a natural bodybuilder and taking bodybuilding advice from a juicer.

But hey, if this Foundation can save even one person's life, that would be pretty great. Respect to those who spent their time, money, and efforts to this cause.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/22/2017, 7:53 am

John Heard, ‘Home Alone’ Dad, Dies at 72
In Memorium (Kenneth Mitchell, Star Trek: Discovery and Jericho Actor, Dead at 49) - Page 5 Rexfea11

John Heard, best known as Peter McAllister in the “Home Alone” movies who appeared in a wide range of TV and film roles, has died at 72 in Palo Alto, Calif.

He was found dead in a hotel where he was reportedly recovering after undergoing back surgery. The Santa Clara Medical Examiner’s office confirmed his death.

He also appeared in “Cat People,” “After Hours,” “Big,” “Beaches,” “Gladiator,” and on TV in “Miami Vice” and “The Sopranos,” for which he won an Emmy nomination.

Born in Washington, D.C., Heard started out acting off-Broadway. His first major role came in the romantic comedy “Chilly Scenes of Winter” in 1979.

His memorable roles in the 1980s included starring in “Cutter’s Way,” playing Nastassja Kinski’s lover in the 1983 remake of “Cat People,” and starring alongside “Home Alone” actor Daniel Stern in 1984’s “C.H.U.D.” In Martin Scorsese’s “After Hours,” he played the bartender Tom Schorr. His other films during that period included “The Trip to Bountiful,” “Heaven Help Us” and “The Milagro Beanfield War.”

In 1988, he starred as Elizabeth Perkins’ jilted boyfriend in “Big” and co-starred with Bette Midler in “Beaches.”

His other roles included “Gladiator,” “Awakenings,” “Radio Flyer,” and “The Pelican Brief,” in which he played an FBI agent.

Heard was married to actress Margot Kidder and had a son from a relationship with actress Melissa Leo. He is also survived by a son and a daughter from a later marriage.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/22/2017, 10:15 am

I loved him in Law and Order: SVU. Of course, also loved him in Home Alone.

Why do I feel like 2017 has been a year where many celebrities have passed away? Feels like more in this year than 2015 and 2016.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/22/2017, 11:33 am

joey con carne wrote:I loved him in Law and Order: SVU. Of course, also loved him in Home Alone.

Why do I feel like 2017 has been a year where many celebrities have passed away? Feels like more in this year than 2015 and 2016.

I saw a 2017 celeb death slideshow the other day and it had more than 40 names and we're only halfway through the year.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 7/23/2017, 8:10 pm

John Heard and Melissa Leo had a bitter split and custody battle.

There were allegations of domestic violence.

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next