BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aquaman ($1.1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)

+2
UltimateMarvel
WyldeMan
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aquaman ($1.1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Aquaman ($1.1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2018, 11:33 am

Aquaman ($1.1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Aquama10

Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Aquaman ($1.1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Aquaman ($1.1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/16/2018, 1:44 pm

It's crazy how some CW posters look better than this. Trailer and movie better be good.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2018, 2:02 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:It's crazy how some CW posters look better than this. Trailer and movie better be good.

I laughed when I saw it, the only posters that ever look good come from BosLogic and these official movie posters from teams of marketing and graphics designers seem to get worse every year. Someone went nuts with the copy and paste tool on this shitty poster.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/16/2018, 2:21 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:It's crazy how some CW posters look better than this. Trailer and movie better be good.

I laughed when I saw it, the only posters that ever look good come from BosLogic and these official movie posters from teams of marketing and graphics designers seem to get worse every year. Someone went nuts with the copy and paste tool on this shitty poster.

The fishes aren't helping. It would look much better without them and just Atlantis in the background and with him submerged in the water, cause he doesn't look like he's underwater.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2018, 5:00 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:The fishes aren't helping. It would look much better without them and just Atlantis in the background and with him submerged in the water, cause he doesn't look like he's underwater.

They didn't bother to shade him cause he still looks like he's on the beach.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2018, 1:28 pm

@BossLogic I felt the #AQUAMAN and #TheMeg posters needed some fusion Very Happy

Aquaman ($1.1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Dir67310
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/18/2018, 5:33 pm

LOL! Taking them to school one poster at a time.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2018, 7:42 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:LOL! Taking them to school one poster at a time.

I literally posted about BossLogic being the only talented poster maker in the industry while talking about how bad the Aquaman poster was and the Boss just made it awesome two days later.... Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/19/2018, 4:15 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:LOL! Taking them to school one poster at a time.

I literally posted about BossLogic being the only talented poster maker in the industry while talking about how bad the Aquaman poster was and the Boss just made it awesome two days later.... Razz

He had to respond fast because that poster is just all wrong. His is much nicer, he looks strong and intimidating as he should be (Jason, not Aquaman.) And he even added a blue hue to make him seem like he's at sea in the middle of nowhere.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/21/2018, 1:00 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/21/2018, 1:38 pm

It’s reminding me of Green Lantern
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/21/2018, 1:44 pm

Tyger wrote:It’s reminding me of Green Lantern

It was probably pitched as "What If Green Lantern fought Sharknado?"
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/21/2018, 3:07 pm

Whoa! That was a BADASS trailer! Aquaman never looked better, that submarine lift was insane! A lot of effects so I guess it could be a Green Lantern but we'll see. I LOVE how James Wan did the underwater effects during dialogue, looks natural. I'm probably gonna go see this, Atlantis looks amazing.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/26/2018, 8:14 pm

This Water War is hilarious, it's like he's really Aquaman. The way he used that water on Jimmy, no mercy AT ALL!

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/28/2018, 10:13 am

Aquaman ($1.1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Diw99a10

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/28/2018, 7:41 pm

LOL! Still better than the poster they released.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/28/2018, 8:00 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:LOL! Still better than the poster they released.

Boss can't stop having fun at DC's expense err "The Worlds of DC" Razz Razz
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/4/2018, 2:29 pm

Aquaman ($1.1 Billion Worldwide Box Office)  - Page 2 Ph31hh10

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 10/5/2018, 11:03 am

I like the poster! A little too colorful but matches the movie and it's first one they released that looks ok.

Trailer looks amazing. This might be better than Wonder Woman if the story is right. 5 mins worth of trailer is too much though, they probably showed the entire chase sequence

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/20/2018, 7:11 am

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/20/2018, 11:50 am

Okay, this actually looks pretty good. Maybe it's the dramatic music. Definitely won't be seeing this in theaters, though. Can't take that chance.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/20/2018, 1:34 pm

Joey, you've seen worse movies than this. Come on! lol

The score is incredible in this trailer though, gave me chills hearing it. I can't wait for this one.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/21/2018, 6:41 am

Taking into consideration DC's recent track record of shitty movies, I would rather pay full admission price to watch Sharknado than take my chances with this film at matinee price.

Again, it looks great. Final product? I am skeptical.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/5/2019, 6:13 pm

Went to see this and I liked it. I'd say it's as good as Wonder Woman. I never liked Aquaman but Jason Mamoa has changed my opinion. He was incredible in this role and that suit is just beautifully made. I don't know how Wan made that suit look this amazing. I saw the Haka dance he's been doing in the movie premieres and he put a little of that into the character as well, it works.

All the effects underwater looked sick, I was always curious how they were going to do this back when they first announced it but technology has come a long way. Looks way better than the little scene we saw in Justice League, CGI was the way to go.

Cast was great and performances by Patrick, Dafoe, and Nicole were really good and stood out to me.

It's a fun movie overall. It's very colorful and the most lightest as far as tone goes from DC so far.

It's killing it in the BO right now. You guys think it'll get a sequel? Razz
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/6/2019, 7:01 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:It's killing it in the BO right now. You guys think it'll get a sequel? Razz

Those BO numbers are deceiving, Aquaman's American numbers might recoup the production budget but it's the overseas market that has flooded the box office to the tune of $650 million in two weeks while stateside it hasn't broken $250 million yet. Meaning 75% of the box office performance is directly from overseas and primarily the Asian markets because of all that CGI you just praised.

How was Amber Heard? I notice you didn't mention her.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/6/2019, 11:12 am

She was alright. There are a lot of unearned speeches in the movie.

When she has scenes with Nicole I feel like their reactions to Arthur are reversed. Amber's looking at him like “oh thank god you’re safe” and Nicole is looking at him like “I’m so fucking wet right now”
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/6/2019, 12:13 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Those BO numbers are deceiving, Aquaman's American numbers might recoup the production budget but it's the overseas market that has flooded the box office to the tune of $650 million in two weeks while stateside it hasn't broken $250 million yet. Meaning 75% of the box office performance is directly from overseas and primarily the Asian markets because of all that CGI you just praised.

I know but money is money. I read it's the most highest gross DC movie and just passed The Dark Knight Rises. It's incredible and I'm just happy for Jason. I've been watching some of his experience through his YouTube channel and he's just awesome. A very cool and humble dude, he's all about the family. He deserves it.

WyldeMan wrote:How was Amber Heard? I notice you didn't mention her.

Pay no attention to Tyger. She was a GORGEOUS, SEXY, GODDESS!!!!  Twisted Evil She was beautiful in that suit of hers. I can't wait to watch the movie again and put all her scenes in slow motion. Wink There is a kissing scene at the end and it's the best kissing scene I've seen in ANY superhero movie.  cyclops She also kicks some ass, she has some killer action scenes.

Tyger wrote:When she has scenes with Nicole I feel like their reactions to Arthur are reversed. Amber's looking at him like “oh thank god you’re safe” and Nicole is looking at him like “I’m so fucking wet right now”

LOL I didn't see it that way. I'll be thinking that now when I watch that scene again.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/6/2019, 1:23 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Tyger wrote:When she has scenes with Nicole I feel like their reactions to Arthur are reversed. Amber's looking at him like “oh thank god you’re safe” and Nicole is looking at him like “I’m so fucking wet right now”

LOL I didn't see it that way. I'll be thinking that now when I watch that scene again.

So Aquaman's mom was totally hot for Aqua's fish stick?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/6/2019, 2:10 pm

I can’t wait until it’s out for people to screenshot and make gifs, I can’t be the only one who noticed.

Amber looks great as usual, but she wasn’t a standout in any other way.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/6/2019, 2:23 pm

Tyger wrote:I can’t wait until it’s out for people to screenshot and make gifs, I can’t be the only one who noticed.

Amber looks great as usual, but she wasn’t a standout in any other way.

Well her husband is that pansy ass manicured pop singer Keith Urban so she probably couldn't think straight around a man beast like Momoa.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2