Godzilla
Dawn of the Apes
WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Blu-ray You Last Bought/Watched

Post by Rusty on 12/25/2014, 5:06 pm

Bought boatloads over the past couple months.

Latest haul ... all Steelbooks (my preferred casing)

Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 12/25/2014, 5:25 pm

I like SB's too but they are not cheap. That looks good.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 12/25/2014, 5:48 pm

Me too.

Kinda went crazy with them this past 6 months. I've actually being holding out buying new releases in the hope they get a Steelbook treatment. Plus I need to build a shelving unit for them. Nothing that I can buy fits my lack of space, so I'll have to go custom.

Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 12/25/2014, 9:53 pm

Watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier earlier, currently watching Arrow: Season Two, disc 1
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 12/25/2014, 9:58 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Me too.

Kinda went crazy with them this past 6 months. I've actually being holding out buying new releases in the hope they get a Steelbook treatment. Plus I need to build a shelving unit for them. Nothing that I can buy fits my lack of space, so I'll have to go custom.

I built some wall mounted shelving for my BDs three years back I think it was. I ran out of room and need to build another but it was the perfect dimensions for BDs, though I'll just make the next one a little longer.

Looks like you guys get SB's for just about everything, but we get so few of them here that I think I own only two, Burton's Batman movies that I got for $6 each.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 12/25/2014, 10:17 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

I built some wall mounted shelving for my BDs three years back I think it was. I ran out of room and need to build another but it was the perfect dimensions for BDs, though I'll just make the next one a little longer.

Looks like you guys get SB's for just about everything, but we get so few of them here that I think I own only two, Burton's Batman movies that I got for $6 each.

I remember your build thread from the other forum.

I prefer SB's, however I'm not one of those "buy 3 copies of everything to re-sell". Most of mine are purchased during sales, with the exception of the truly awesome films I want that get a SB release.

I simply prefer them tbecause they (in general) don't have classification logo's etc all over them. Nice, clean, and sturdy.

I've reached the point that I'll resist buying a new title on release for months, in hope it gets an SB release.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 on 12/26/2014, 12:13 am

Watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Damn good movie and can't wait for the 3rd.
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 12/26/2014, 7:15 am

WyldeMan wrote:I like SB's too but they are not cheap. That looks good.

I bought LE steelbooks of Psycho and Scarface recently.

With great cover art.

I'm a Digibook collector, with a pretty large collection.
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 1/4/2015, 2:32 pm

Watched...

Downton Abbey/S4

Bought....

Across 110th Street

To Kill A Mockingbird/digibook
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by detective392 on 1/4/2015, 3:36 pm

Watched

X-Men: Days of Future Past
Falling Skies: Season 3 Episode 1
detective392

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 1/4/2015, 3:38 pm

I own two Blurays. Usually I buy some as gifts for friends to A. be a nice guy which I like to think I am, and B. get the VUDU portions of them.

The only two Blurays I own though are:

1. The Adventures of Mark Twain (the 1st full length Claymation film. Childhood favorite of mine).

2. Cosmos (w/Neil Degrasse Tyson)
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 1/16/2015, 6:24 pm

Watched..

The Baytown Outlaws

Bought...

Gone Girl
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 1/24/2015, 12:33 am

Local retailer has 20% of Blu all weekend. Picked up Sopranos complete Series on Blu-Ray for $100. Sorry Groo ... the Australian version doesn't come with digital codes.

Also picked up Agents of SHIELD, and Fargo series one.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 1/24/2015, 12:44 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:Local retailer has 20% of Blu all weekend. Picked up Sopranos complete Series on Blu-Ray for $100. Sorry Groo ... the Australian version doesn't come with digital codes.

Also picked up Agents of SHIELD, and Fargo series one.
Nice pickups!

I don't have Shield OR Fargo in my VUDU Accounts, so hopefully they show up with codes.

I have Sopranos already.  Still need to get back to that.  On Season 2 Episode 2 I think
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 1/24/2015, 1:33 am

GrooThePerverted wrote:
Nice pickups!

I don't have Shield OR Fargo in my VUDU Accounts, so hopefully they show up with codes.

I have Sopranos already.  Still need to get back to that.  On Season 2 Episode 2 I think

No codes with Agents or Fargo. Sorry mate.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 1/24/2015, 1:44 am

Rusty Cunt wrote:
GrooThePerverted wrote:
Nice pickups!

No codes with Agents or Fargo. Sorry mate.
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 1/24/2015, 8:22 am

I just picked up The Man with No Name trilogy for $12.99 at Best Buy!

Also Once Upon a Time in The West, Appleseed Alpha, Bounty Hunters (Trish Stratus flick that is just horrible).
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 1/25/2015, 4:24 pm

Alright ya'll (haha), I'm spending my Australia Day binge-watching a TV series, eating pizza and drinking Sprite.

It's between the first season's of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, and Fargo.

What do I watch? I really want to watch both, yet my mood is such I don't care which one, so I can't decide.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 1/25/2015, 4:25 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Alright ya'll (haha), I'm spending my Australia Day binge-watching a TV series, eating pizza and drinking Sprite.

What do I watch? I really want to watch both, yet my mood is such I don't care which one, so I can't decide.

FARGO!!!
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 1/25/2015, 4:46 pm

I'm gonna be picking up my 3rd Bluray in April!  The Almighty Johnsons Complete Set is released here in the States (uncut versions) for $25 (actually costs more to get the DVD Versions at $32 or so).

Can't wait!  Now Russ won't have to have me complain every few months if he can find a decent priced set anymore. ;-)
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 1/25/2015, 4:49 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:Alright ya'll (haha), I'm spending my Australia Day binge-watching a TV series, eating pizza and drinking Sprite.

FARGO!!!

Fargo it is.

I knew I could count on this forum in times of need.

GrooThePerverted wrote:I'm gonna be picking up my 3rd Bluray in April!  The Almighty Johnsons Complete Set is released here in the States (uncut versions) for $25 (actually costs more to get the DVD Versions at $32 or so).

Can't wait!  Now Russ won't have to have me complain every few months if he can find a decent priced set anymore. ;-)

Haha. Good to know.

3 whole Blu-Ray's hey? LOL
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 1/25/2015, 4:56 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

FARGO!!!

Fargo it is.

I knew I could count on this forum in times of need.

GrooThePerverted wrote:I'm gonna be picking up my 3rd Bluray in April!  The Almighty Johnsons Complete Set is released here in the States (uncut versions) for $25 (actually costs more to get the DVD Versions at $32 or so).

Haha. Good to know.

3 whole Blu-Ray's hey? LOL

I know, right?  They gotta be special for me to pick them up.
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 1/31/2015, 9:11 pm

Just finished watching The Drop, with Tom Hardy and James Gandolfini.

What a solid film. Hardy is superb in this. What a fantastic actor. Every new thing I see him in impresses me more and more.

Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 1/31/2015, 10:46 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:What a solid film. Hardy is superb in this. What a fantastic actor. Every new thing I see him in impresses me more and more.

That is why I continue to consider him to be the best today, nobody can disappeared into a character quite like him, at this point in his very short career he already makes Daniel Day Lewis look incredibly lazy making one movie every five years that makes people proclaim him amazing while Tom will turn out 15 roles just as good or better in the same amount of time. He is going to be a Hollywood legend one day, it's just going to take those schmucks a long time to see it.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 2/4/2015, 4:43 pm

Just joined the Disney Movie Club and picking up 7 Studio Ghibli titles for $21.90 shipped with a free Olaf blanket. Then I gotta get two more movies at regular price which will bring my total to $89.70 for 9 Studio Ghibli movies. I'll wait a month, cancel, and resubscribe until I have all the good Disney movies LOL. 9 movies at a time.

My Neighbor Totoro
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Ponyo
The Secret World of Arrietty
How's Moving Castle
Castle in the Sky
Princess Mononoke

I'll use my commitment titles on Whisper of the Heart and The Wind Rises.

Cancel, subscribe, lather, rinse, repeat.

Edit: bought two more movies to fulfill my commitment: Big Zero 6 and that new Tinker Bell Neverbeast movie. That brings my total to 9 Disney movies for $79.70 ($8.86 per movie).

Ill wait until I get all my titles and blanket, then decide if i wanna cancel and re-enroll.

Edit 2: Added two more movies for cheap, Hercules and Tarzan. Sweetness.

As soon as I get them I'll cancel and then resubscribe. Woo woooooo

Edit 3: My stuff is on the way. I will keep everyone here updated as to my slipcover situation because I know this is important and everyone wants to know.

Edit 4: Out for delivery. I want my blanket!!! .... Damn it, USPS!!! You failed me! No delivery today. What's up with that? It still says "Out for Delivery".
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 2/13/2015, 5:56 pm

Okay, guys, some good news and bad news. Mostly bad news. Fuck.

So some of my orders shipped out. My initial order of seven bloos, my Olaf blanket, and Hoicules and Tarzang.

Bad news first: My Olaf blanket never made it. The tracking number says "Out for delivery" since Wednesday and nothing has showed up. It says "Delivery status not updated". Fuck. I hope it eventually shows up. I would hate to ask Disney to cough up another one because USPS sucks.

The good news between the worst news: I got my initial order of seven bloos and Hoicules and Tarzang. Pretty good condition (note I said "pretty good") considering they used a soft cardboard mailer and no padding.

The worst news: Both Hoicules and Tarzang slips each have one corner that is a little rounded because during shipment, the cases for them must have slipped down a little bit leaving the top corners unsupported. One of the corners for each movie are kinda rounded and crushed. It's not bad damage but it's enough to make me not want to even watch the movies anymore.

Four of seven Studio Ghibli films came with slips. Near mint! But the other three did not have slips. Those three being Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro, and Naussicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

Thanks for reading.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 2/14/2015, 12:41 am

Just got this movie on VUDU.  

GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 2/16/2015, 2:43 am

Watching the 5th (final) season of Southland. Fuck this is a good show. Watching the episode with the active shooter in the school, and I'm sitting here, on the edge of my seat, thinking I'm watching an actual event live.

This is a cop show that stands on it's own. How in the fuck did this struggle to stay on air?
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 2/16/2015, 12:52 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Watching the 5th (final) season of Southland. Fuck this is a good show. Watching the episode with the active shooter in the school, and I'm sitting here, on the edge of my seat, thinking I'm watching an actual event live.

This is a cop show that stands on it's own. How in the fuck did this struggle to stay on air?

I have no idea how it was cancelled twice, in my opinion it's the finest cop series of all time. The cast was phenomenal and I was with it from episode one through the end and I'm still very angry with the ending cause it was not Southland's time. There was so much left to tell....
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 2/16/2015, 1:25 pm

Well I think you all will be proud of me.  I just bought TWO Bluray TV Sets! affraid

This brings my grand total of Blurays owned to .......*drum roll please*..... 4.

I have:

01. The Adventures of Mark Twain (claymation film from 1985)
02. Cosmos Season 1 (with Neil Degrasse Tyson)

And now I have just added

03. Banshee Season 1
04. Banshee Season 2

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Then in April I'll have my 5th Bluray which is the Almighty Johnsons Complete Set.

That's only the 5th one IF the ESPN 30 for 30 5th Anniversary Bluray set doesn't come down in price before then or THAT will be my next Bluray purchase.

And no, Russ, before you ask, you CAN'T have the Digital copies!  Jesus, always asking for codes! Rolling Eyes   Razz
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 2/17/2015, 9:28 pm

GrooThePerverted wrote:Well I think you all will be proud of me.  I just bought TWO Bluray TV Sets! affraid

This brings my grand total of Blurays owned to .......*drum roll please*..... 4.

I have:

03. Banshee Season 1
04. Banshee Season 2

Then in April I'll have my 5th Bluray which is the Almighty Johnsons Complete Set.

That's only the 5th one IF the ESPN 30 for 30 5th Anniversary Bluray set doesn't come down in price before then or THAT will be my next Bluray purchase.

And no, Russ, before you ask, you CAN'T have the Digital copies!  Jesus, always asking for codes! Rolling Eyes   Razz

LOL

Why the fuck am I giving you codes? You get my codes; trade/sell them; then buy the Blu-Ray for the same show, then sell/trade those codes as well?
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 2/17/2015, 9:53 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:
GrooThePerverted wrote:Well I think you all will be proud of me.  I just bought TWO Bluray TV Sets! affraid

I have:

03. Banshee Season 1
04. Banshee Season 2

LOL

Why the fuck am I giving you codes? You get my codes; trade/sell them; then buy the Blu-Ray for the same show, then sell/trade those codes as well?

Nah I think I may have already had Banshee Season 1 before I got the codes from you, but I did hold out and get Season 2 from you before finding someone else.

I'm actually surprised that I'm getting these.  I splurged because I rarely get anything Blu, much less TV series which I NEVER get Bluray.  This is a show that they put so much into, what with the Origins and all the details, plus the covers are gorgeous artwork. 

This is probably the only TV series I'll buy on Bluray (aside from Almighty Johnsons), unless one day they put Damages on Bluray.
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 2/27/2015, 9:08 pm

Watched The Equalizer last night. Solid flick. Denzel at his finest.

Currently watching the first season of Black Sails (got the code for you, Gary).
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 3/2/2015, 6:47 pm

Vikings/S2

The Equalizer

Snowpiercer

The Rover

The Howling

Sleepy Hollow/S1 Digibook

Tourist Trap

Pulp Fiction/Steelbook

Krull

Grosse Pointe Blank

She's the One

Henry's Crime

The ABC's of Death

Last edited by ForeverBlu on 3/5/2015, 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 3/2/2015, 8:13 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Watched The Equalizer last night. Solid flick. Denzel at his finest.

Currently watching the first season of Black Sails (got the code for you, Gary).

The last few episodes of the first season really set the tone for what to expect in the second. That series has really turned itself around. Though still making questionable choices, they at least make up for it with Jessica Parker Kennedy full frontal on frequent occasion. Cool
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 3/5/2015, 7:01 am

WyldeMan wrote:
Rusty Cunt wrote:Watching the 5th (final) season of Southland. Fuck this is a good show. Watching the episode with the active shooter in the school, and I'm sitting here, on the edge of my seat, thinking I'm watching an actual event live.

I have no idea how it was cancelled twice, in my opinion it's the finest cop series of all time. The cast was phenomenal and I was with it from episode one through the end and I'm still very angry with the ending cause it was not Southland's time. There was so much left to tell....

In regards to the first cancellation....

Pretty sure Southland was one of the casualties of the Jay Leno debacle.

When he retuned with that nightly talk show in the 10pm slot.

After the first retirement, RME.

Still wondering why TNT didn't give them one more year, to end the show on their own terms.

It ended on a cliffhanger, right?
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 3/5/2015, 10:42 am

ForeverBlu wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Pretty sure Southland was one of the casualties of the Jay Leno debacle.

Still wondering why TNT didn't give them one more year, to end the show on their own terms.

It ended on a cliffhanger, right?

Yes the first cancellation was due to Leno, he killed so many great shows. Fuck that guy forever.

It did end on a massive cliffhanger with one of the series regulars actually being gunned down by his own boys in blue in a major misunderstanding and it ends with him bleeding out on the pavement and we don't know if he lived or not. Also happened to be my favorite character on the series so extra frustrating.

TNT has a horrible horrible track record of cancelling their shows abruptly. I think The Closer might be the only series they gave an actual shot. Everything else was killed was too quickly without resolution. It's exactly what they did with Dallas last Summer, that also ended with a major character seemingly killed in a car bombing.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 3/5/2015, 11:26 am

WyldeMan wrote:Yes the first cancellation was due to Leno, he killed so many great shows. Fuck that guy forever.

Another casualty was the cop drama Life.

Still need to watch S2, the first one was so damn good.

Damien Lewis and Sarah Shahi were great togther.
ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu on 3/5/2015, 7:21 pm

Bought....

Foxcatcher

Easy Rider/40th Anniversary Digibook

Hoffa/Filmmakers Signature Series

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 3/5/2015, 8:31 pm

ForeverBlu wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Yes the first cancellation was due to Leno, he killed so many great shows. Fuck that guy forever.

Another casualty was the cop drama Life.

Still need to watch S2, the first one was so damn good.

Damien Lewis and Sarah Shahi were great togther.
They gave Life an ending at least. I watched it here and there when it was on TV and finally watched it beginning to end on Netflix last year.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 3/9/2015, 11:11 pm

Awesome Steelbook haul came today.

Looper
TMNT (2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy
Boyhood
Bad Boys
Fury
Transformers: AoE

Yes Gaz, all have codes (but they're Canadian releases)
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by GrooThePerverted on 3/9/2015, 11:20 pm

Canadian codes are fine! :-)
GrooThePerverted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 3/10/2015, 1:25 am

GrooThePerverted wrote:Canadian codes are fine! :-)

Cool. I'll get them scanned in a day or two.

Watching TMNT (2014) at the moment. Can't deny, I'm loving it.

Splinter was disappointing (especially his voice), and Shredder's costume was retardedly way too Transformers-y - even the sounds he makes - but outside of that, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Funny as fuck.

"He's doing his Batman voice"
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 3/11/2015, 11:28 pm

Feeling a little weird.

Watched Transformers: Age of Extinction. As retarded as some of it was, I still enjoyed it.

Now ... I'm watching a film I've wanted to see for months - Guardians of the Galaxy. I was so excited when I popped it into the player, and at 1hr and 9mins in, colour me completely unimpressed. How the fuck did this make $700+ million?

The guys portraying Drax and Ronan went to the same bad-acting school. Atrocious.

Rocket is funny. Pratt was cool. The lovely Zoe Saldana is always watchable (despite inconsistent acting).

All in all, pretty fucking average flick.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

BDTV :: Media

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum