BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Suicide Squad ($724,133,343)

+4
Tyger
Rusty
UltimateMarvel
WyldeMan
8 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

1 - The Suicide Squad ($724,133,343)  Empty The Suicide Squad ($724,133,343)

Post by WyldeMan 12/9/2014, 3:07 pm

1 - The Suicide Squad ($724,133,343)  Suicid10

Last edited by WyldeMan on 9/25/2016, 8:45 am; edited 21 times in total
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

1 - The Suicide Squad ($724,133,343)  Empty Re: The Suicide Squad ($724,133,343)

Post by WyldeMan 12/17/2014, 1:18 am

Viola Davis is Amanda Waller
1 - The Suicide Squad ($724,133,343)  Viola-10
According to sources, the lovely Viola Davis (How To Get Away With Murder) has bagged the role of major DC Comics villain and Prison Warden Amanda Waller in David Ayer's upcoming Suicide Squad. In the comics, Amanda Waller is a former congressional aide and government agent often placed in charge of the Suicide Squad, a semi-secret government-run group of former supervillains working in return for amnesty.

Now, the key here is that the role is hers provided that the filmmakers can work out her TV schedule, which will be no small feat considering how big of a hit How To Get Away With Murder is. If it works out she will be joining Jared Leto as the Joker, Will Smith as Deadshot, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Tom Hardy as Rick Flag, Jai Courtney as Boomerang (or Captain Boomerang), and Cara Delevingne as Enchantress.

Admin

Back to top Go down

1 - The Suicide Squad ($724,133,343)  Empty Re: The Suicide Squad ($724,133,343)

Post by WyldeMan 12/17/2014, 1:19 am

Awesome! I was so worried it was really going to be Oprah.....

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/17/2014, 11:16 am

Nice! I wanted it to be her as well.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/15/2015, 2:20 pm

Jake Gyllenhaal Eyed to Replace Tom Hardy
1 - The Suicide Squad ($724,133,343)  Jake-g10

There’s an “End of Watch” reunion brewing now that “The Revenant” is going over schedule.

Jake Gyllenhaal may not have received an Oscar nomination for “Nightcrawler” on Thursday but he could still end the day with a win, as David Ayer is courting his “End of Watch” star to replace Tom Hardy as Rick Flagg in “Suicide Squad,” multiple individuals familiar with the comic book project have told TheWrap.

Warner Bros. had no comment, while a representative for Gyllenhaal didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Hardy was forced to exit the project because Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu’s “The Revenant” is going over schedule into mid-March, after which Hardy will be needed to promote WB’s “Mad Max: Fury Road,” which comes out on May 15. “Suicide Squad” is expected to start production in April, and that time crunch is why Hardy had to drop out of the film.

“Suicide Squad” is set to star Will Smith as Batman villain Deadshot, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang, Cara Delevigne as Enchantress and Jared Leto as The Joker, as first reported by TheWrap. Meanwhile, Viola Davis is in negotiations to play Amanda Waller and Jesse Eisenberg is in talks to reprise his upcoming role as Lex Luthor.

Gyllenhaal has emerged as Ayer’s favorite to play “Suicide Squad” leader Rick Flagg, having previously worked with the director on “End of Watch,” which led to roles in WB’s well-received thriller “Prisoners” and the riveting “Nightcrawler” role that earned him a slew of critics awards on top of a Golden Globe nomination. He’s currently up for a SAG award for the same film.

“Suicide Squad” is being produced by Charles Roven and Richard Suckle, while Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder, Colin Wilson and Geoff Johns are serving as executive producers. Warner Bros. will release “Suicide Squad” on Aug. 5, 2016.

Gyllenhaal next stars in Antoine Fuqua’s “Southpaw,” for which he packed on a considerable amount of muscle. He’s currently on Broadway opposite Ruth Wilson in “Constellations,” and he also has “Everest” and “Demolition” in the can.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/15/2015, 2:21 pm

Ordinarily I'd be really bummed however this is Jake Gyllenhaal here and how can you really be bummed when he may be getting a massive career break here. One that most of us are probably more than happy about. At the same time a bit disappointed though as Jake was actually my top picks for Joker and now he's going to be in the same movie as him anyways....

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/15/2015, 3:05 pm

Interesting! Too bad he left but I like Jake's work so no big deal.

Jake as the Joker though? I don't know, I don't see it...
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/15/2015, 4:14 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Interesting! Too bad he left but I like Jake's work so no big deal.

Jake as the Joker though? I don't know, I don't see it...

He makes an amazing lunatic. Interestingly enough one of those lunatic roles was a movie he did like 12 years ago called "Highway" with Jared Leto.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/16/2015, 4:34 pm

Superhero projects are big business, and big business is primarily about a product. When Warner Bros. announced David Ayer was going to direct Suicide Squad for the company's first non-Superman entry into their DC Comics Cinematic Universe, the studio knew it had to be competitive in an environment where big movie stars want in on the superhero game and cast the film accordingly.

Heavy hitters Will Smith and Jared Leto joined respected Tom Hardy, Margo Robbie and simply-present Jai Courtney. At the time these actors signed on, they were NOT given a script for Suicide Squad.

Now, we've learned why Tom Hardy has dropped out of the project. According to sources, He simply didn't like the script he was finally given, he didn't like the drastic change to the character. Like we figured, the scheduling conflict is a cover story, so he left the project under amicable terms.

The rumor is the latest draft of Suicide Squad has upped the screen time of Deadshot and The Joker at the expense of the lesser-villains in the movie like Rick Flagg. This also may have contributed to Hardy's exit.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/16/2015, 4:44 pm

The past few years Tom has been unstoppable on the screen in both film and tv. I'm always a fan of everything he does, but he's always so busy I don't really have time to miss the stuff he doesn't do. But I can't say I'm please that the reason he left was so they could give more screen time to Will Smith or Jared Leto. I can't do anything but be annoyed by this development.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/16/2015, 7:49 pm

Yeah, that's definitely troubling. The screen time is going to depend on the story but it would be great if they would give everyone enough chance to shine.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2015, 4:12 pm

Major  SQUAD Story Details Cover The Joker's Role, Ending, And More

Spoiler:

Last edited by WyldeMan on 1/19/2015, 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2015, 4:13 pm

HOLY SHITLOAD OF DETAILS BATMAN!!!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/19/2015, 7:32 pm

I like the sound of that. If that's true then we're in for a treat. I'm not too sure of this movie yet, I don't think any of us are at this point, because the story could go either way even with a big cast. Still have hope though!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/19/2015, 8:13 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I like the sound of that. If that's true then we're in for a treat. I'm not too sure of this movie yet, I don't think any of us are at this point, because the story could go either way even with a big cast. Still have hope though!

I just need them to deliver on the Harley in my mind....

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/19/2015, 8:27 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I just need them to deliver on the Harley in my mind....

Might as well give up now then. lol! They'll never measure up to your expectation of "Harley." Razz
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/20/2015, 8:32 pm

Possible Big Character Appearance Spoiler
Spoiler:

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/22/2015, 2:14 pm

Is Gary Sinise General Eiling?
1 - The Suicide Squad ($724,133,343)  Hgxfbw10

As Warner Bros. and director David Ayer's search continues to replace Tom Hardy in the Rick Flagg role, we have some news on who might be playing a different character in Suicide Squad: General Wade Eiling. We need to take this one with an extra grain of salt as Mayimbe himself is quick to point out that it's subject to change, but the Latino Review scooper reckons Gary Sinise is currently in talks for the role. General Eiling (or simply "The General") was originally a villain of The Atom, but has gone on to be a thorn in the side of a number of DC superheroes, posing a physical threat when he transforms into a hulking monster after taking the "Captain Nazi" serum. He's appeared in various media over the years, most recently being played by Clancy Brown on the CW's The Flash.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/22/2015, 2:15 pm

Damnit! Gyllenhaal has also just passed on Rick Flag! Guess the script changes really hurt the character a lot.Now it's down to Joel Edgerton who played Hardy's brother in Warrior or the completely untalented Joe Bernthal.

Also been hearing that True Blood's Joe Manganiello is top choice for Deathstroke. That guy is huge, even bigger than Manu.

Just the other day I said Sinise's career is dead cause he joined another CBS series. Curious if this will pan out.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/22/2015, 9:10 pm

Spoiler:

Sinise I haven't seen anything but TV shows for a long time unless it's old movies and stuff like that. It'll be interesting to see him on this as Eiling and how that will be different than The Flash's interpretation of the character.

Gyllenhaal dropped out too?!!! SHIT! It better be Edgerton now. I don't know the other guy.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/22/2015, 9:24 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Gyllenhaal dropped out too?!!! SHIT! It better be Edgerton now. I don't know the other guy.

Bernthal played Shane for two seasons on The Walking Dead and he did that atrocious TNT series Mob City with Darabont last year. Also saw him in that movie Snitch with the Rock, he played the con who helped him get into the world. Sure you've seen that by now.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/22/2015, 9:35 pm

I'm still fearful this film is gonna suck, so let Bernthal have it. Keep old mate Edgerton out of this nonsense.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/22/2015, 9:36 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Bernthal played Shane for two seasons on The Walking Dead and he did that atrocious TNT series Mob City with Darabont last year. Also saw him in that movie Snitch with the Rock, he played the con who helped him get into the world. Sure you've seen that by now.

Oh, I didn't know that was him. Sure I know him, thought it was someone else. Just saw him on Fury too. I think he's a good actor, I've seen worse. This is not the role for him though. He's good at playing certain characters like Shane and he's got a specific way of talking in everything I've seen him in such as Wolf of Wall Street, like country or southern style. He just doesn't play vastly different roles. Definitely prefer Edgerton because that guy has the chops for anything.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/22/2015, 11:23 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote: I think he's a good actor, I've seen worse. This is not the role for him though. He's good at playing certain characters like Shane and he's got a specific way of talking in everything I've seen him in such as Wolf of Wall Street, like country or southern style. He just doesn't play vastly different roles. Definitely prefer Edgerton because that guy has the chops for anything.

I forgot you'd seen Wolf, that's why I didn't mention it.

And that accent you mention I have no idea why it's there that boy grew up in Washington DC.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/27/2015, 12:06 am

THE LATEST SQUAD RUMORS

Ready for another round of Suicide Squad casting rumors?  On Friday we told you that Warner Bros. is allegedly going after Joel Edgerton and Jon Bernthal for Rick Flag, the role Tom Hardy stepped away from and Jake Gyllenhaal took a pass on.  Now we’ve got JoBlo reporting that Karl Urban is in the running for the part as well.  According to their source, there’s still a chance Urban could sign on for Aquaman depending on which version of the script the studio decides to run with, but, for now, Urban is still being considered for Rick Flag as well.

The rest of this article has possible spoilers for Suicide Squad, so now’s the time to tune out if you don’t want additional details on the film.
In addition to Rick Flag, Rick Flag Senior will be in the movie and, according to JoBlo’s source, Warner Bros. is considering Ed Harris and Max Martini for the part.  The outlet also offered up casting details for the roles of the Thinker and General Lane.  Apparently Geoffrey Rush passed on playing the Thinker, but no word on who the studio will go after next.  As for General Sam Lane, Lois Lane’s father, again, no word on who’s being considered for the role, but JoBlo did clear up the whole Gary Sinise rumor.  Their source claims that “that’s the wrong general” for the actor.

From there JoBlo moves on to Deathstroke.  The last rumor pegged Joe Manganiello as the top choice for the role and JoBlo corroborates the story, but adds that Jason Clarke is also being considered.  The outlet also claims that Deathstroke will not be part of the team or a bodyguard.  Instead, he’s a “hired assassin that is competing with the Suicide Squad.”

The article also offers up a brief description of The Joker.  Apparently he’s “scarred all over his body because of his battles with Batman.”  He’s also got a habit of playing “mind games with people and twists [their] minds.”  The JoBlo source also highlights, “everyone is afraid of him.”

If this description of The Joker is accurate, it would confirm that The Joker has a pre-established relationship with Batman.  According to JoBlo, Ben Affleck’s Batman is “mentioned in the script and even shown on surveillance cameras” because Amanda Waller is “after him for something.”  They don’t confirm that Affleck will appear in the film in the flesh, but do note that a cameo is dependent on his schedule, so there’s still “a good possibility” it could happen.

Lastly, the outlet adds a little bit on Cara Delevingne’s The Enchantress.  Their source describes her as “really powerful” and key to the film’s “crazy” prison riot finale.
Per usual, JoBlo concludes by pointing out that none of these details are confirmed, so best to consider them rumors for now.  Suicide Squad is set to hit theaters on August 5, 2016.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/27/2015, 12:07 am

OK now they've just piqued my interest in Rick Flag SR, the current rumor is that Ed Harris is one of the top contenders! I might be the only one excited by this news but Harris is a PHENOMENAL actor and can play hero or villain perfectly. If Ed Harris is Flag Sr I am going to be so happy....

Jason Clarke or Joe Mangianello for Deathstroke.....two very different type of men right there, but both are interesting.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/27/2015, 12:12 am

WyldeMan wrote:OK now they've just piqued my interest in Rick Flag SR, the current rumor is that Ed Harris is one of the top contenders! I might be the only one excited by this news but Harris is a PHENOMENAL actor and can play hero or villain perfectly. If Ed Harris is Flag Sr I am going to be so happy....

Jason Clarke or Joe Mangianello for Deathstroke.....two very different type of men right there, but both are interesting.

He's a talented actor indeed. I've seen him play good and bad a lot of times in many movies and he's very convincing in both roles. I've never pictured him as "always the villain" because that's how good of an actor he is.

For Deathstroke, I don't think they're the right fit for the character, especially Joe because he's too damn big. I would go with Clarke and with how good he is, he could pull it off.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/27/2015, 12:15 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:He's a talented actor indeed. I've seen him play good and bad a lot of times in many movies and he's very convincing in both roles. I've never pictured him as "always the villain" because that's how good of an actor he is.

For Deathstroke, I don't think they're the right fit for the character, especially Joe because he's too damn big. I would go with Clarke and with how good he is, he could pull it off.

Ed has a starring villain role in HBO's upcoming Westworld adaptation so he's going to shine all Summer long.

Too big for Deathstroke? The man is a killing machine, he shouldn't be small. Manu is a big guy, Joe's just bigger.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/27/2015, 12:22 am

WyldeMan wrote:Ed has a starring villain role in HBO's upcoming Westworld adaptation so he's going to shine all Summer long.

Too big for Deathstroke? The man is a killing machine, he shouldn't be small. Manu is a big guy, Joe's just bigger.

But it's a different kind of big, he's pretty cut but he's TOO tall. I just don't imagine seeing Deathstroke in him with the suit and everything, Him going against anyone of the Squad won't be believable.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/27/2015, 12:23 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Ed has a starring villain role in HBO's upcoming Westworld adaptation so he's going to shine all Summer long.

But it's a different kind of big, he's pretty cut but he's TOO tall. I just don't imagine seeing Deathstroke in him with the suit and everything, Him going against anyone of the Squad won't be believable.

Physically Joe is probably closest to The Rock, they're the same height and both HGH induced muscle bound freaks and you don't seem to mind him going up against everybody.

And have you forgotten what Bane actually looks like in the comics? Cause he's a monster and Bats always took him on alone.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/27/2015, 12:39 am

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:

Physically Joe is probably closest to The Rock, they're the same height and both HGH induced muscle bound freaks and you don't seem to mind him going up against everybody.

And have you forgotten what Bane actually looks like in the comics? Cause he's a monster and Bats always took him on alone.

Bane was normal sized and Bats still couldn't take him out in TDKRises. Now, for that role I would have gone with Joe or Dwayne.

Joe and Dwayne are great but when you're playing an iconic comic book character, you gotta fit the role. Now, Rock picked a good choice as Black Adam. That I fully support.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/27/2015, 12:27 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:And have you forgotten what Bane actually looks like in the comics?

Bane was normal sized and Bats still couldn't take him out in TDKRises.

Read my statement again.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/27/2015, 5:14 pm

Wylde, you know you're the one that looks silly here. Abe's a Marvel.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/27/2015, 5:30 pm

Tyger wrote:Wylde, you know you're the one that looks silly here. Abe's a Marvel.

He claims to know DC all the time, yet every time he's proven wrong again. I do not look silly sir, it is Abe ya see Abe! He's the silly one!
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/27/2015, 5:53 pm

Check the name and location, he is not a DC. He knows not what he says. It's silly to act otherwise.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/27/2015, 8:53 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:And have you forgotten what Bane actually looks like in the comics?

Bane was normal sized and Bats still couldn't take him out in TDKRises.

Read my statement again.

What you fools talking bout?! lol! We're having a miscommunication, Wylde. I understood what you meant, that Batman could take out Hulk-sized Bane when he's much smaller in size. What I'm saying is, Bane and Batman were the same size in Rises and he still got his ass beat. Comics sometimes can't be translated well and certain things have to change unless you bring in super powers which Batman doesn't and neither does Deathstroke. Usually Bats just cuts the Vemon gas off Bane and defeats him, skinny Bane ain't got no chance against him. Batman knows how to use his intelligence when he can't win in combat conditions.

So, how do you defeat a big ass Joe as Deathstroke? You DO NOT! Imagine seeing Nightwing going against him for instance. Anyway, all this to explain that I would rather not see Joe as Deathstroke. lol!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/27/2015, 9:14 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
So, how do you defeat a big ass Joe as Deathstroke? You DO NOT! Imagine seeing Nightwing going against him for instance. Anyway, all this to explain that I would rather not see Joe as Deathstroke. lol!

Superior fighting skills, and as you say ... intelligence. Same way Bruce Lee beet Kareem Abdul Jabar (plus it was in the script).

Besides, Joe is 6'5", so he is tall, but Bats was 6ft - that's only an average males penis height taller - Tom Hardy and Manu Bennet are short arses. They only look big because of muscle bulk and camera angle.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/13/2015, 12:21 pm

The latest rumor.

Joel Kinnaman is in early talks to replace Tom Hardy in “The Suicide Squad.”
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/13/2015, 8:41 pm

Rusty Cunt wrote:Superior fighting skills, and as you say ... intelligence. Same way Bruce Lee beet Kareem Abdul Jabar (plus it was in the script).

Besides, Joe is 6'5", so he is tall, but Bats was 6ft - that's only an average males penis height taller - Tom Hardy and Manu Bennet are short arses. They only look big because of muscle bulk and camera angle.

The problem is that Deathstoke is just as great in combat. Some good shit right here, check this out:

WyldeMan wrote:The latest rumor.

Joel Kinnaman is in early talks to replace Tom Hardy in “The Suicide Squad.”

He's a good actor but not sure if he's right for the role. What do you guys think? Never seen him in anything besides Robocop.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/13/2015, 9:00 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:He's a good actor but not sure if he's right for the role. What do you guys think? Never seen him in anything besides Robocop.

I really liked his work in Snabba Cash, which got released stateside as Easy Money. Kinnaman is a very talented guy when given the right material, unfortunately he seems to rarely get it.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/18/2015, 6:10 pm

Joel Kinnaman has officially signed on as Rick Flag.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/18/2015, 8:12 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Joel Kinnaman has officially signed on as Rick Flag.

Alright then! Great opportunity for him. Lets go Joel!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/18/2015, 10:22 pm

I watched Nightcrawler last night. I could kinda see Jake as the Joker now
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 2/18/2015, 10:27 pm

Tyger wrote:I watched Nightcrawler last night. I could kinda see Jake as the Joker now

Shame it took Nightcrawler for you to see it, but at least now you can see he's capable of it. I hope Jake still gets his shot at the DC ring.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 2/19/2015, 11:45 am

He needs to be that skinny or it doesn't work
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next