BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 17 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 3/18/2023, 7:59 am

Kenan Thompson & Kel Mitchell To Reprise ‘Good Burger’ Roles As Sequel Movie Gets Greenlight
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 17 Kel-mi10
Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell will soon be back to work at Good Burger. Nickelodeon Studios and Paramount+ have officially confirmed the greenlight of Good Burger 2, an original movie sequel to the iconic feature film, based on the recurring sketch from comedy series All That. Thompson and Mitchell are set to reprise their classic roles as Dexter and Ed, respectively.

The movie will follow Dexter Reed (Thompson) and original cashier, Ed (Mitchell), as they reunite in the present day at fast-food restaurant Good Burger with a hilarious new group of employees.

Production will begin in May, with a premiere slated for later this year exclusively on Paramount+. The news was revealed tonight on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.

In Good Burger 2, Dexter Reed is down on his luck after another one of his inventions fails. Ed welcomes Dex back to Good Burger with open arms and gives him his old job back. With a new crew working at Good Burger, Dex devises a plan to get back on his feet but unfortunately puts the fate of Good Burger at risk once again.

“I can’t believe it’s been a little over 25 years since great customer service was born at Good Burger!,” said Thompson. “Being a part of something so many generations of people have come to love has made me so proud and now to be back where it all began working on the sequel is surreal! Love performing with my brother Kel and can’t wait to show the fans what these characters have been up to since we last saw them.”

Added Mitchell :” “Ed is one of those timeless characters that has brought so much joy and laughter to fans, and it’s such a beautiful blessing to still be doing it after all these years. It’s super awesome to come back and continue the stories of Dex, Ed and Good Burger for both the people who grew up watching and their kids.”

Good Burger 2 is written by All That & Good Burger writers Kevin Kopelow & Heath Seifert, who also serve as executive producers, and directed by Phil Traill (The Middle, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Single Drunk Female). James III (Tyler Perry’s Young Dylan, All That) also will serve as a writer. Production of the movie for Nickelodeon Studios is overseen by Shauna Phelan and Zack Olin, Co-Heads of Nickelodeon & Awesomeness Live-Action. Brittany Cope serves as Nickelodeon’s Executive in Charge of Production.

“Good Burger is such a beloved movie that fans have cherished for years,” said Phelan and Olin. “Packed with comedy, cameos and plenty of Easter eggs from the original, Good Burger 2 will bring the nostalgia fans and a new generation of viewers together for another wild, hilarious Good Burger adventure.”

The original ‘90s sketch, on which the original film was based, first aired on All That in 1994 and was centered around fast-food restaurant, Good Burger and its clueless cashier, Ed, played by Mitchell in Seasons 1–5. The feature film Good Burger was released worldwide on July 25, 1997, by Paramount Pictures. Later in the All That revival series in 2019, Mitchell returned guest starring as Ed, working at Good Burger for 20 years as manager of the trainees.

Said Tanya Giles, Chief Programming Officer of Paramount Streaming, “We’re thrilled to take audiences’ orders for more laughter and adventures with the Good Burger crew. Good Burger 2 will be a great addition to our 2023 programming slate and is sure to serve up everything All That fans and new viewers alike will enjoy.”

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/19/2023, 5:06 pm

Has anybody here read Michael Mann's Heat 2 novel?

He's working on adapting it for the screen now and he's insisting that his 'Ferrari' star Adam Driver play De Niro's Neil McCauley character in the younger flashbacks.

Mann is also talking to Austin Butler for Kilmer's Chris Shiherlis.

Meanwhile, Al Pacino will be returning but I hear Timothee Chalamet might play the younger Vincent Hanna.

When I look up information on the novel it says it starts in 1989 and ends in 2002 but I can't for the life of me figure out how this tracks, considering the actors he's now talking to and the time period in which the original movie took place.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/19/2023, 9:39 pm

There is a novel? I don't remember much from Heat to be honest, it's been decades since I've seen it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/19/2023, 10:02 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Has anybody here read Michael Mann's Heat 2 novel?

He's working on adapting it for the screen now and he's insisting that his 'Ferrari' star Adam Driver play De Niro's Neil McCauley character in the younger flashbacks.

Mann is also talking to Austin Butler for Kilmer's Chris Shiherlis.

Meanwhile, Al Pacino will be returning but I hear Timothee Chalamet might play the younger Vincent Hanna.

When I look up information on the novel it says it starts in 1989 and ends in 2002 but I can't for the life of me figure out how this tracks, considering the actors he's now talking to and the time period in which the original movie took place.

This is the first time I've heard of it, but I'll give it a spin. Just added it to my watch list on eBay.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/20/2023, 9:07 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:There is a novel? I don't remember much from Heat to be honest, it's been decades since I've seen it.

Heat 2 was only published last August but at the time there was a ton of coverage on it and I assumed everybody here knew about it. I feel like I probably posted something here in the random section at the time but I can't be too sure.

If it's been decades since you've seen Heat, I'd recommend another watch as it definitely holds up. However, if you've never seen Heat the Director's Definitive Edition, I would recommend giving that version a spin.

Rusty wrote:This is the first time I've heard of it, but I'll give it a spin. Just added it to my watch list on eBay.

Out of everybody here, I was sure you'd be the one of us who had read it.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/23/2023, 9:49 am

My busy season is finally coming to a close. God damn. Hope everyone has been doing alright. Time to catch up on some threads here!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/23/2023, 2:31 pm

In a follow up to my earlier post about Heat 2, I just came across this piece of news on a film production site:

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 17 03dacb10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/24/2023, 12:17 pm

Funko Suspends Mondo’s Movie Poster Business, Lays Off Co-Founders and Other Staff
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 17 Funko-10
Funko, less than a year after acquiring high-end collectibles brand Mondo, has wound down Mondo’s current movie-poster business and let go several employees — including Mondo co-founders Mitch Putnam and Rob Jones, Variety has confirmed.

Mondo, based in Austin, Texas, was founded in 2004 and was previously a subsidiary of indie theater chain Alamo Drafthouse before Funko inked a deal to buy it last year for $14 million. Mondo had gained a strong following for its limited-edition screen-printed movie posters. Notable artists who worked with Mondo have included Olly Moss, Shepard Fairey, Ken Taylor and Kevin Tong. Sources said that Mondo’s vinyl records and collectibles businesses are intact.

In addition to Putnam and Jones, Mondo senior creative director Eric Garza also has been laid off. For now, it appears that Mondo’s poster division is defunct; however, a source familiar with the situation said Funko expects Mondo to continue producing posters going forward.

In response to the news, actor Elijah Wood tweeted, “This truly horrendous news. I’m in shock. What have you done @OriginalFunko?”

Artist Daniel Danger said in a tweet, “Funko effectively decimating MONDO by firing the creative old guard of Rob Jones, Mitch Putnam, and Eric Garza among others is a fucking travesty and sheer idiocracy. End of an era, but im with them for whatever they want to do next, and I imagine every Mondo artist will follow.”

Funko declined to comment on the news, which was first reported by TheWrap.

Earlier this month, in announced fourth-quarter 2022 earnings, Funko CEO Brian Mariotti told investors the company planned to cut its overall headcount by about 10%. As of the end of last year, Funko had 1,466 full-time employees.

Mondo had about 30 full-time employees when Funko acquired the company. Per Funko regulatory filings, it paid $14 million in cash for Mondo. Funko had said it intended to run Mondo the way it has managed Loungefly, the apparel and accessories brand it acquired in 2017, with the idea it would integrate Mondo into common back-end functions where applicable.

“Mondo’s devoted fanbase and high-end pop culture collectibles make it the perfect complement to Funko’s current portfolio of brands,” Funko’s Andrew Perlmutter, formerly CEO and now president, said when the deal was announced. “By leveraging our international distribution and licensing network, we feel well positioned to expedite the growth of the Mondo brand.”

In 2022, Peter Chernin’s Chernin Group led a consortium of investors including Bob Iger that paid $263 million to acquire a 25% stake in Funko.

Source: Variety

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/25/2023, 1:24 pm

Heading out for the next week and not sure if I will be able to post anything here but just want to say before I walk out the door:

Watching The Thomas Crown Affair (1999 version) and Rene Russo's boobs in this are noice. Woo woo
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/25/2023, 7:30 pm

joey con carne wrote:Heading out for the next week and not sure if I will be able to post anything here but just want to say before I walk out the door:

Watching The Thomas Crown Affair (1999 version) and Rene Russo's boobs in this are noice. Woo woo

Rene Russo in the late 90's is my favorite time period of her career, particularly Tin Cup. Cool

Enjoy your trip.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/25/2023, 7:32 pm

Jonathan Majors Arrested for Alleged Assault, Rep Says Actor “Has Done Nothing Wrong”
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 17 Jonath11
Jonathan Majors was arrested Saturday after being accused of assaulting a woman during a domestic dispute, the New York Police Department said in a statement.

A representative for the Creed III actor told The Hollywood Reporter, “He has done nothing wrong. We look forward to clearing his name and clearing this up.”

Police said they responded to a 911 call at an apartment in Chelsea where a 33-year-old male was involved in a domestic dispute with a 30-year-old female.

“The victim informed police she was assaulted. Officers placed the 33-year-old male into custody without incident,” according to the statement, which identified the male as Majors. The woman sustained minor injuries to her head and neck and was taken to a hospital, police said.

The actor was arrested on charges of strangulation, assault and harassment, according to the spokesperson. He is no longer in police custody. His relationship with the woman was described only as “domestic.”

Majors is one of the more in-demand actors working today. He has long-term plans with Marvel Studios to play Kang, the villain that is central to the studio’s upcoming phase and will lead to him headlining Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, dated for May 2, 2025. He recently appeared as Kang in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and is rumored to appear in season two of Loki, expected out later this year.

Earlier this week, Searchlight set an awards season-friendly date for his Sundance drama Magazine Dreams, in which he plays a bodybuilder. His previous credits include the HBO drama Lovecraft Country, Western The Harder They Fall and the Korean war aviation feature Devotion.

Source: THR

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/25/2023, 7:36 pm

Oh for fucks sake Majors. His career was just about to hit the stratosphere and he does this shit? Here's more details from TMZ:

Here's what allegedly happened in the lead-up to this. Per our law enforcement sources, police were told that the alleged victim is Majors' girlfriend -- and, according to her, they got into an argument while in a taxi returning home from a bar in Brooklyn.

Our sources say police were told the girlfriend saw another woman texting Majors, and she confronted him -- trying to sneak a peek at his phone. We're told the alleged victim/GF claims this got Majors mad, and that he allegedly grabbed her hand and allegedly slapped her.

We're also told the alleged victim claims he put his hands around her neck during this. Our sources say the woman was dropped off somewhere and that JM spent the night elsewhere. It appears the girlfriend went to police the following morning (Sat.) and reported a crime.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/25/2023, 10:21 pm

DAAAAAMN! This is not good and could hurt his career depending on what really happened.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/26/2023, 2:58 am

Mellow greetings from Frankfurt, Deutscheland!

From a legal standpoint, Jonathan Majors will be fine. This happened in NYC where you cam commit armed robbery and it is treated as a misdemeanor as long as no one was actually hurt. Plus, he’s black so that’s extra points for him. District Alvin Bragg will not prosecute this.

And if DA Bragg doesn’t prosecute that means there was no crime. His career will be fine.

Legal analysis concluded.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/26/2023, 11:18 am

Jonathan Majors’ Lawyer Says Evidence Exists to Prove He’s ‘Completely Innocent’ of Alleged Assault
The defense lawyer of Jonathan Majors says the actor is “completely innocent” and “provably the victim” after he was arrested on Saturday in Manhattan and charged with strangulation, assault and harassment in what New York Police Department described as a “domestic dispute.”

“Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and is provably the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows,” says criminal defense lawyer Priya Chaudhry. “We are quickly gathering and presenting evidence to the District Attorney with the expectation that all charges will be dropped imminently.”

Chaudhry goes on to say there is video footage from the vehicle where the alleged incident took place, witness testimony from the driver and onlookers and two written statements from the woman recanting the allegations.

“All the evidence proves that Mr. Majors is entirely innocent and did not assault her whatsoever,” she said. “Unfortunately, this incident came about because this woman was having an emotional crisis, for which she was taken to a hospital yesterday. The NYPD is required to make an arrest in these situations, and this is the only reason Mr. Majors was arrested. We expect these charges to be dropped soon.”

Chaudhry’s statement provides additional information about the incident. Police in New York said they responded to a 911 call at a Chelsea apartment. Majors, who is 33 years old, was taken into custody without incident on Saturday night. The unnamed victim, a 30-year-old woman, was taken to the hospital after with “minor injuries to her head and neck,” according to authorities.

A representative for Majors denied the allegations. “He has done nothing wrong,” his publicist told Variety. “We look forward to clearing his name and clearing this up.”

Majors, a rising star in Hollywood, has recently appeared in “Creed III” and “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.” He also received acclaim for “Magazine Dreams,” which premiered at Sundance and was acquired by Searchlight Pictures. It’s set to release on Dec. 8.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/26/2023, 9:08 pm

Good for him, sounds like nothing happened.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 3/27/2023, 10:00 am

I read the military pulled his ad.

Just watched Along Came a Spider and then knocked out hard. I think the time change has affected me a bit.

Hope everyone is well. Financial statements issued today and the audit is officially over! Woo hoooo
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/28/2023, 2:48 pm

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/30/2023, 2:08 pm

I have this little project if anyone has any tips, I gotta replace a door jamb on an exterior door. I've installed a pre-hung interior door before with shims and stuff to make it flush but not sure how to go about this. They sell a 3 piece set door jambs at Home Depot and I'm not sure if I should use screws or nails to assemble the top frame to the sides on the corner end. Obviously I will use screws on the side frames to the stud. I haven't started it yet, just thinking ahead. This is what I'm thinking of getting.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/30/2023, 3:19 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I have this little project if anyone has any tips, I gotta replace a door jamb on an exterior door. I've installed a pre-hung interior door before with shims and stuff to make it flush but not sure how to go about this. They sell a 3 piece set door jambs at Home Depot and I'm not sure if I should use screws or nails to assemble the top frame to the sides on the corner end. Obviously I will use screws on the side frames to the stud. I haven't started it yet, just thinking ahead. This is what I'm thinking of getting.

When I had to replace my door moulding, I used an adhesive to help hold the three pieces in place and then used trim nails.

I filled the nail heads in with caulk then sealed around the whole frame so I wouldn't have any air leaks.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/31/2023, 2:11 pm

WyldeMan wrote:When I had to replace my door moulding, I used an adhesive to help hold the three pieces in place and then used trim nails.

I filled the nail heads in with caulk then sealed around the whole frame so I wouldn't have any air leaks.

I was thinking of using some wood glue as well. Thanks for the tip!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/4/2023, 9:45 am

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/4/2023, 3:33 pm

April 4, 1923 - 100 years ago today, Warner Bros was founded.

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 17 Fs4j5910

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/6/2023, 9:55 am

‘Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie’ Trailer: “I’m A Tough Son Of A Bitch,” Says Actor On His Parkinson’s Battle
In this trailer for the new documentary Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie, the Back to the Future actor reflects on what’s kept him active and fighting years after being diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. “I’m a tough son of a bitch,” he says to the camera.

Directed by Davis Guggenheim, Still, from Apple Original Films, which premiered recently to good reviews at the Sundance Film Festival, incorporates documentary, archival and scripted elements to recount Fox’s story in his own words. “I was bigger than bubble gum,” the actor says of his post-Family Ties breakthrough into stardom in the 1980s.

The film recounts both his career and his never-before-seen private journey with Parkinson’s disease, including the years that followed his diagnosis at twenty-nine. Produced with unprecedented access to Fox and his family, the film explores what happens “when an incurable optimist confronts an incurable disease.”

In the trailer, Fox addresses what’s kept him going: “I’m a tough son of a bitch,” he answers.

Still is produced by by Davis Guggenheim, Annetta Marion, Will Cohen and Jonathan King, exec producers Laurene Powell Jobs, Jonathan Silberberg, Nicole Stott, and Nelle Fortenberry.

Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie will premiere globally on Apple TV+ on May 12.

Check out the trailer above.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/8/2023, 6:38 pm

I spent most of today helping my mom start her container garden. Naturally the weather cooperated well as it was a lovely and very rainy 37 degree spring day with reasonable 30 mph winds.

Also I tripped on a two foot section of 2x4 in the garage and fucked up my ankle right at the start which only added to my good times.

How have you guys been?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/8/2023, 6:58 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I spent most of today helping my mom start her container garden. Naturally the weather cooperated well as it was a lovely and very rainy 37 degree spring day with reasonable 30 mph winds.

Also I tripped on a two foot section of 2x4 in the garage and fucked up my ankle right at the start which only added to my good times.

How have you guys been?

Sounds like fun. Wind has been blowing like crazy here too.

Nearly walked into the path of a Brown snake yesterday as I was walking towards my back door. Surprised me as the temperature has dropped significantly here now that it's autumn. Wasn't expecting any to still be around.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/8/2023, 7:20 pm

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I spent most of today helping my mom start her container garden. Naturally the weather cooperated well as it was a lovely and very rainy 37 degree spring day with reasonable 30 mph winds.

How have you guys been?

Sounds like fun. Wind has been blowing like crazy here too.

Nearly walked into the path of a Brown snake yesterday as I was walking towards my back door. Surprised me as the temperature has dropped significantly here now that it's autumn. Wasn't expecting any to still be around.

On average, how many creepy critters try to kill you on a daily basis? I watch enough gold shows to know that peril lurks around every corner in the outback...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/8/2023, 10:12 pm

WyldeMan wrote:On average, how many creepy critters try to kill you on a daily basis? I watch enough gold shows to know that peril lurks around every corner in the outback...

Usually only see one snake a year at my parents place - unfortunately it's always an Eastern Brown (second most venomous snake in the world).

Down the van I came across Red Belly black snakes, the occasional python, and there's a couple decent sized (about 6ft) Tree Goanna's down there too.

The Goanna's are harmless enough and don't generally attack humans, but they're powerful and have massive claws so if they do decide to play, they could easily rip someone to shreds. However just like snakes, if you disturb them and aren't too close they'll just take off in the other direction.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/9/2023, 8:47 am

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:On average, how many creepy critters try to kill you on a daily basis? I watch enough gold shows to know that peril lurks around every corner in the outback...

Usually only see one snake a year at my parents place - unfortunately it's always an Eastern Brown (second most venomous snake in the world).

Down the van I came across Red Belly black snakes, the occasional python, and there's a couple decent sized (about 6ft) Tree Goanna's down there too.

The Goanna's are harmless enough and don't generally attack humans, but they're powerful and have massive claws so if they do decide to play, they could easily rip someone to shreds. However just like snakes, if you disturb them and aren't too close they'll just take off in the other direction.

What about spiders? Those fuckers chase you down, rear up on four hind legs and try to fist fight you people, what the fuck man? What about those ambushing bastards? How many times have you been ready to sit down to dinner when you find a foot long spider sitting on your table gnawing on your steak? You can't tell me that hasn't happened!

Oh sure 8 foot lizards being a possible reason for death is something we here in America are definitely familiar with...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/10/2023, 2:45 pm

I could not survive over there. There is nothing I hate more than snakes in this world.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/11/2023, 4:27 pm

‘Super Mario Bros. Movie’ Box Office: All the Records Leveled
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 17 2530_t10
In a major win for the box office as it continues to level out following the pandemic, The Super Mario Bros. Movie shattered numerous records in its opening across North America and 70 international markets over the long Easter holiday weekend.

The movie blasted past even the most bullish expectations to earn $204.6 million in its five-day domestic debut (April 5-9), including $146.4 million for the three-day weekend. Overseas, it pulled in $171 million for an astounding worldwide start of $375.6 million, the best showing of the year to date on all fronts.

The adaptation of the iconic Nintendo video game played like an all-audience tentpole, versus a PG-rated animated family film, thanks to the consumers of all ages who have played the Super Mario Bros. series and its many offshoots through the decades.

“Nintendo and Shigeru Miyamoto’s Mario has been a cultural icon that has captivated generations,” says Universal domestic distribution chief Jim Orr, who handled the release of the movie alongside Universal’s president of international distribution Veronika Kwan Vandenberg. “The Super Mario Bros. Movie brought in an incredibly broad and enthusiastic audience to theaters around the world this weekend.”

It likely won’t be long before Illumination and parent company Universal, along with partner Nintendo, announce a sequel. Super Mario is the latest win for Chris Meledandri’s Illumination Entertainment, home of hit animation franchises Despicable Me and Minions.

Below are the records set by The Super Mario Bros. Movie, not adjusted for inflation.

Biggest Worldwide Opening of All Time for an Animated Film

Super Mario passed up the global debut of Walt Disney Animation’s Frozen 2, which skated to $358 million in November 2019, not long before the COVID-19 crisis struck. And already, Super Mario is the fourth-highest-grossing animated title of the pandemic era, with Universal claiming all four spots (the studio owns both Illumination and DreamWorks Animation). Minions: The Rise of Gru tops the list ($942.5 million), followed by sleeper hit Puss in Boots: The Last Wish ($480.4 million) and Sing 2 ($412.8 million). At this rate, Mario could be the first billion-dollar grosser of 2023.

Second-Biggest Domestic Opening of All Time for an Animated Film
The comedic romp laughed past Pixar’s Finding Dory ($135.1 million) to rank only behind Incredibles 2 ($183 million) on the list of top weekend bows.

Second-Biggest International Opening of All Time for an Animated Film
Frozen 2 remains No. 1 with a foreign launch of $228.2 million. Super Mario certainly set its fair share of records overseas, including landing the biggest animated opening of all time in Mexico ($27.4 million), as well as the best-ever start for any Universal film and the third best for any Hollywood pic. It scored the best animated opening in 10 other foreign markets, including Brazil ($6.9 million), as well as ranking as the top video game adaptation in 42 markets, the biggest Illumination start in 27 markets and the biggest Universal opening in 10 markets, including previews.

Biggest Opening of All Time for a Video Game Adaptation
Hollywood has always had a hard time with the genre, although there have been recent success stories, led by Paramount’s Sonic the Hedgehog series. Until now, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 topped the list of best openers among video game adaptations with a three-day domestic debut of $72.1 million (that was considered a huge sum, considering the box office recovery was still in its early days.) Super Mario also scored the biggest global opening of any video game adaptation after besting Warcraft ($210 million) in like-for-like markets. Sonic 2 had a staggered international rollout, making comparisons impossible.

Biggest Opening of 2023 to Date
It’s quite an accomplishment to trump a Marvel superhero film, but Super Mario did just that in buzzing past Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, which debuted globally to $225.3 million, including $106.1 million In North America and $117.1 million overseas. While a series best, Quantumania quickly lost its momentum.

Top Opening in Illumination’s History
Despicable Me 2 was previously Illumination’s biggest global launch, with $208 million in like-for-like markets, while Minions had topped the list of best domestic openers with a three-day weekend of $115.7 million.

Fourth Biggest Global Day-and-Date Opening in Universal History
Furious 7 ($398 million), Jurassic World ($525 million) and Fast 8: The Fate of the Furious ($543 million) are the only films to have done more. Quite the feat.

Top Five-Day Domestic Opening for a Wednesday-Sunday Launch
Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen was the previous record-holder with $200.1 million.

Top Animated Opening of All Time for Imax
The premium large-format exhibitor scoured up $21.6 million globally and $16.6 million domestically, both records. Overseas, Super Mario delivered all-time Imax bests for an animated film in 22 markets, including the U.K., Germany, Brazil and Mexico, and all-time Imax bests for any film in Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Curacao.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/13/2023, 12:13 pm

Matthew McConaughey Says Woody Harrelson Could Be His Real Brother After a Wild Family Revelation
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 17 Screen33
Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson announced in March they will be reuniting onscreen after “EDtv” and “True Detective” in a new Apple TV+ comedy from creator David West Read. The 10-episode series will star the actors as fictionalized versions of themselves as they bring their families under the same roof on a Texas ranch. McConaughey recently announced on Kelly Ripa’s “Let’s Talk Off Camera” podcast that the series is titled “Brother From Another Mother.”

While the series’ title evokes McConaughey and Harrelson’s real-life friendship over decades, McConaughey let it slip to Ripa that he’s actually questioning whether Harrelson is actually related to him. It all stems from the revelation that McConaughey’s mother knew Harrelson’s father, perhaps intimately.

“You know, where I start and where he ends, and where he starts and I end, has always been like a murky line,” McConaughey said. “And that’s part of our bromance, right? My kids call him Uncle Woody. His kids call me Uncle Matthew. And you see pictures of us and my family thinks a lot of pictures of him are me. His family thinks a lot of pictures of me are him.”

“In Greece a few years ago, we’re sitting around talking about how close we are and our families,” McConaughey continued. “And my mom is there, and she says, ‘Woody, I knew your dad.’ Everyone was aware of the ellipses that my mom left after ‘knew.’ It was a loaded K-N-E-W.”

The revelation led McConaughey to investigate his family history. He said, “We went on to unpack what this ‘knew’ meant and did some math and found out that [Harrelson’s] dad was on furlough at the same time that my mom and dad were in their second divorce. Then there’s possible receipts and places out in West Texas where there might have been a gathering, or a meeting, or a ‘knew’ moment.”

Whether or not this real-life question factors into the Apple TV+ comedy series remains to be seen. The actors have not yet decided to take a DNA test to get proof about a potential family connection between them.

“Look, it’s a little easier for Woody to say, ‘Come on, let’s do [DNA tests],’ because what’s the skin in it for him?” McConaughey said. “It’s a little harder for me because he’s asking me to take a chance to go, ‘Wait a minute, you’re trying to tell me my dad may not be my dad after 53 years of believing that?’ I got a little more skin in the game.”

In the logline for “Brother From Another Mother,” Apple TV+ calls the show “a heartfelt odd couple love story revolving around the strange and beautiful bond between Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson.”

Skydance Television is behind the series, which is executive produced by Read, as well as Harrelson and McConaughey. Other exec producers include David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Matt Thunell for Skydance Television, along with Bill Bost and Jeremy Plager.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/16/2023, 5:13 am

Jamie Foxx was hospitalized following a "medical emergency" last Tuesday morning and some sources are claiming that he's had a stroke...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/17/2023, 11:42 pm

'sup suckas! What's been happening?

Just spent the last 7 days down the river which was lovely. The weathers moving into the cooler months down here which meant I got to whip out my lovely Snowpeak Takibi Fire & Grill again.

It kept me warm; cooked my food; and was better viewing than anything on TV.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/18/2023, 11:02 am

Charlie Sheen Reunites With Chuck Lorre, Joins Max Comedy Series ‘How To Be A Bookie’
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 17 Charli13
EXCLUSIVE: Time does heal all wounds. Twelve years after Charlie Sheen and Chuck Lorre’s dramatic falling out on Two and a Half Men, the pair are back in business together, reuniting on Lorre’s first Max comedy series How To Be a Bookie, I have learned.

In casting news sure to make headlines and turn How To Be a Bookie instantly into one of the most anticipated new series of the year, Sheen is set for a recurring role in the single-camera comedy headlined by Sebastian Maniscalco, which hails from Two and a Half Men studio Warner Bros. Television where Lorre is based. Reps for Max and WBTV declined comment.

The gig is part of a TV comeback for Sheen, who also is attached to star in dramedy project Ramble On from Doug Ellin, which has been shopped.

Sheen and Lorre’s eight-year collaboration on one of the most successful comedy series of the past two decades, CBS’ Two and a Half Men, starring Sheen and co-created and executive produced by Lorre, came to an abrupt end in the spring of 2011 when Sheen’s public meltdown and verbal attacks on Lorre led to his firing, triggering a $100 million lawsuit against Lorre and WBTV, which was eventually settled.

Since that, Sheen had taken responsibility for his actions and had expressed regret over his Two and a Half Men exit and an intent to make amends with the top comedy showrunner. That has now happened, resulting in the duo’s collaboration on How To Be a Bookie.

in How To Be a Bookie, co-written by Lorre and Nick Bakay, a veteran bookie (Maniscalco) struggles to survive the impending legalization of sports gambling, increasingly unstable clients, family, co-workers, and a lifestyle that bounces him around every corner of Los Angeles high and low.

Omar J. Dorsey, Jorge Garcia, Andrea Anders, Vanessa Ferlito, and Maxim Swinton also star. Lorre, who is directing the first episode, executive produces through his Chuck Lorre Productions and its overall deal with WBTV alongside Bakay, Maniscalco, Judi Marmel and Andy Tennant, who is directing multiple episodes. The series is currently in production.

Sheen earned four Emmy nominations for his starring role on Two and a Half Men. Following the end of the multi-camera series, he headlined another sitcom, Anger Management, which aired 100 episodes on FX, and guest starred on ABC’s The Goldbergs. Sheen is repped by Gersh, Atlas Artists and Mosley & Associates.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/18/2023, 11:07 am

Rusty wrote:'sup suckas! What's been happening?

Just spent the last 7 days down the river which was lovely. The weathers moving into the cooler months down here which meant I got to whip out my lovely Snowpeak Takibi Fire & Grill again.

It kept me warm; cooked my food; and was better viewing than anything on TV.

Ah fair dinkum mate.

Always good to hear you survived another week in the bush.

BTW, your grill is bad ass. I'm gonna need to get me one of those...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/18/2023, 11:34 am

Writers Guild Strike Authorization Vote Breaks Records, as 98% Say 'Yes'
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 17 Writer10
The vote is in, and members of the Writers Guild of America are very, very strongly in favor of going on strike if satisfactory terms are not negotiated by May 1, when their current contract expires.

As voting on the strike authorization closed this afternoon, a record 97.85% of respondents said “Yes” to a work stoppage. Additionally, a record 78.79% of eligible WGA members (9,218 members) participated in the vote.

A simple “Yes” vote grants authority for the Board and Council to call the strike, but an overwhelming majority is desired in order to send a strong message to the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers — which represents the nine largest studios in Hollywood — that the WGA membership is united in its agenda.

The stronger the support for a strike, the more leverage the WGA has when heading back to the negotiations table. With the strike authorization vote in, negotiations between both sides are expected to begin in earnest.

Previously, SAVs were supported by a 90 percent “Yes” vote in 2007 and a 96 percent “Yes” vote in 2017. The former work stoppage, which lasted 100 days and came at midseason, resulted in, among other things, truncated seasons for shows such as 30 Rock, The Big Bang Theory, Brothers & Sisters, three CSIs, Desperate Housewives, Grey’s Anatomy, Heroes, How I Met Your Mother, Lost, NCIS, The Office, Scrubs and Two and a Half Men — to name just a few of the ones that wound up producing half or less of their seasons.

According to the WGA, more writers work at the MBA minimum now than a decade ago. Between 2013 and 2014, only 33 percent of all TV series writers were paid the minimum. But in the nearly 10 years since, that number has jumped to 50 percent. Lower weekly pay of the writers and producers represented was also cited as being down four percent throughout the last decade. When accounting for inflation, that decline leaps to a staggering 23 percent.

Some of the Board and Council’s demands include increased residuals for reuse markets, the reduction of “mini writers rooms” that greatly diminish the size of TV writing staffs, increased contributions to pension plans and health funds, and standardized compensation and residual terms for features released either theatrically or via streaming. In addition: enacted measures to combat discrimination and harassment and promote pay equity, and a strengthened regulation of options and exclusivity in television writer employment contracts.

In anticipation of a possible strike, some shows (including NBC’s Quantum Leap and La Brea) rolled production on the current season right into the next, so as to bank episodes to offset any lull in output.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/18/2023, 11:52 am

Damn! I remember the strike in 2007 and how it put a lot of shows on hold. I hope they come to an agreement. This is what we need in the US right now, we need to apply this to every job in all areas. Raise the fucking minimum wage in the nation. Meanwhile, political figured are making money doing practically nothing.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/18/2023, 4:14 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn! I remember the strike in 2007 and how it put a lot of shows on hold. I hope they come to an agreement. This is what we need in the US right now, we need to apply this to every job in all areas. Raise the fucking minimum wage in the nation. Meanwhile, political figured are making money doing practically nothing.

It looks like we're headed for a repeat of 2007 only this time, streaming exists and loads of already in the can content will be dropping for the next year or two. They don't really have the leverage they once did.

What is your state's minimum wage? As of January 1, 2023 my state has the highest minimum wage in the country at $15.74 per hour but I wonder how far apart we are based on where we are located.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/18/2023, 4:16 pm

Hollywood’s Wariness Of Jonathan Majors Grows: Actor No Longer Starring In ‘The Man In My Basement’ Movie; Cut From Texas Rangers Ad Campaign
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 17 Gettyi45
EXCLUSIVE: Jonathan Majors has been dropped from a slew of projects we hear on good authority including Protagonist Pictures’ feature adaptation of the Walter Mosley novel, The Man in My Basement, an ad campaign for the Texas Rangers MLB team, as well as an unannounced Fifth Season’s Otis Redding biopic which the Emmy-nominated actor was circling.

The latest on Majors comes in the wake of yesterday’s news that his manager, Entertainment 360, and publicist, The Lede Company, have cut ties with the actor, who is facing domestic violence allegations in NYC after a March 25 incident involving a dispute with a 30-year old woman. The unnamed victim was taken to the hospital with “minor injuries to her head and neck,” according to authorities at the time of the incident. Majors is scheduled to appear in court on May 8 after being charged by the NYC D.A. ''

Majors was set to star and executive produce The Man in My Basement under his Tall Street Productions banner. A replacement for Majors is underway. The pic also has Willem Dafoe attached. Protagonist Pictures did not return request for comment by Deadline.

Dallas, Texas was one of the areas Majors grew up in. His ad campaign for the Texas Rangers was set to air Friday, then pulled at the last minute we are told. When reached by Deadline, Texas Rangers provided no comment.

Meanwhile, Majors was kicking the tires on a Fifth Season project, early in the works, entitled Otis and Zelma, which has the full support of Redding’s estate. No deals were signed on the Stephanie Allain produced project, but Majors is no longer under consideration for the film, Deadline has been informed.

Protagonist Pictures is fully bankrolling The Man in My Basement with Nadia Latif making her feature directorial debut. Deadline first told you about the project. In the Mosley novel, Charles Blakey is an African American man living in Sag Harbor. He’s stuck in a rut, out of luck and about to lose his ancestral home when a peculiar white businessman with a European accent offers to rent his basement for the summer. He’ll pay $50,000. This lucrative proposition leads Charles down a terrifying path that takes him to the heart of race, history and the root of all evil. Mosley adapted the novel with Latif. Dafoe is set to play the role of Anniston Bennet in the project as the opulent gentleman who requests to rent out the basement of Charles Blakey’s ancestral home.

As we also first told you yesterday, Majors is no longer attending this year’s Met Gala as one of its guests.

It is an unfortunate situation being on the other side of headlines for Majors. Before the NYC arrest, Majors was having a banner 2023 with Creed III and Ant-Man 3 grossing a combined $745M worldwide. The Yale Drama school alum also won rave reviews for his turn as a disturbed bodybuilder in Magazine Dreams at Sundance, a movie that Disney’s Searchlight ponied up for and set for a Dec. 8 Oscar corridor theatrical release. Texts released from his criminal defense attorney Priya Chaudhry, between the woman Majors had an alleged altercation with, looked to show her taking blame for their fight.

Majors remains with the MCU cast as their main villain in future phases, Kang the Conqueror, a character which appears in Disney+’s Loki season 2, and is slotted to star in 2025’s Avengers: The Kang Dynasty and 2026’s Avengers: Secret Wars.

Majors is also currently set to reteam with Spike Lee on Amazon Studios’ Da Understudy and to play Dennis Rodman in Lionsgate’s 48 Hours in Vegas.

Majors received a Primetime Emmy nomination in the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series category for HBO’s Lovecraft Country in 2021.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/18/2023, 7:31 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Ah fair dinkum mate.

Always good to hear you survived another week in the bush.

BTW, your grill is bad ass. I'm gonna need to get me one of those...

The Snowpeak grill is fucking fantastic. It is expensive though being wholly made in Japan. You can get knock-offs from other places for less than half the price, but the stainless steel they use is a lower quality, and for someone like me that will have a fire nearly every day for 3-4 months straight, the cheaper ones would have to be replaced every year. The Snowpeak will last a lifetime.

The one downside of the Snowpeak unit is the actual grill mesh is not made of stainless steel. It's chrome-coated steel, which means it will rust (and is harder to clean). Fortunately there's a company in Australia that makes a stainless steel replacement.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/18/2023, 9:21 pm

WyldeMan wrote:It looks like we're headed for a repeat of 2007 only this time, streaming exists and loads of already in the can content will be dropping for the next year or two. They don't really have the leverage they once did.

What is your state's minimum wage? As of January 1, 2023 my state has the highest minimum wage in the country at $15.74 per hour but I wonder how far apart we are based on where we are located.

$10.10 in my state and while the cost of living is cheaper here, it's still not enough to consider that a living wage. It's for rent and a couple of bills. Pray you don't go to the hospital and need medical attention, it's no wonder people go to debt. I make a decent salary but this shit pisses me off. People deserve to get paid more.

Meanwhile, Herman Miller CEO said this yesterday while she got $1.2 mil bonus herself this year. We all know what CEOs make in this country, it's not surprising but what she said was just evil....stupid bitch.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 4/19/2023, 12:40 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:It looks like we're headed for a repeat of 2007 only this time, streaming exists and loads of already in the can content will be dropping for the next year or two. They don't really have the leverage they once did.

$10.10 in my state and while the cost of living is cheaper here, it's still not enough to consider that a living wage. It's for rent and a couple of bills. Pray you don't go to the hospital and need medical attention, it's no wonder people go to debt. I make a decent salary but this shit pisses me off. People deserve to get paid more.

Does minimum wage vary depending on the industry in your respective states? Are things like age and travel factored in at all?

Here there's a national minimum wage of AUD$21.30 per hour (approx US$14 at the current exchange rate), however there are factors that increase it. Not by a lot, but a someone in their mid 40's starting an apprenticeship would get a few dollars more an hour than an 18yo kid.

Plus industries deemed crucial - mechanics, electricians, plumbers, drainers, etc - also have slightly increased rates. Especially if it's an industry where someone might have to fork out money and buy their own gear/tools to get started (like a mechanic) with most of that shit still being tax deductible.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 4/19/2023, 2:17 pm

Rusty wrote:Does minimum wage vary depending on the industry in your respective states? Are things like age and travel factored in at all?

Here there's a national minimum wage of AUD$21.30 per hour (approx US$14 at the current exchange rate), however there are factors that increase it. Not by a lot, but a someone in their mid 40's starting an apprenticeship would get a few dollars more an hour than an 18yo kid.

Plus industries deemed crucial - mechanics, electricians, plumbers, drainers, etc - also have slightly increased rates. Especially if it's an industry where someone might have to fork out money and buy their own gear/tools to get started (like a mechanic) with most of that shit still being tax deductible.

Minimum wage is set at the state level and does not fluctuate based on the industry or your age, unless you're 14 or 15 years old, than you're getting paid 85% of the state's minimum wage.

I've had driving jobs where I got reimbursed for mileage but not always. I worked as a driver/parts manager for my local O'Reilly Auto Parts and when the work truck broke, I was expected to do deliveries in my own vehicle and use my own phone for company business. I rarely ever got reimbursed because O'Reilly sees no value in their employees.

Every one in the state making minimum wage makes the exact same from the 18 year old kid with his first job at McDonald's to a senior citizen just trying to get by, America does not give a fuck about your age or your experience. Back when I had minimum wage jobs, they were more in the $8 range and I'd be earning that for two or three years while never seeing a raise, then new guys would hire in and they'd start at the same or even more than I'd been making regardless of work effort or time with the company. I experienced this time and again, in multiple industries.

Crucial industries like you named tend to be union jobs and while they do typically start at minimum wage, those guys are usually making two to three times minimum within a few years.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 4/19/2023, 8:40 pm

Yeah, what Wylde said. It really sucks when new hires get paid more for the same job.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next