BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 8 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 9/24/2022, 12:51 pm

joey con carne wrote:I read the spoiler last night and I'll definitely say the twist is not what I expected. But after reading that link about what the original script was, it sounds like Olivia Wilde turned it into a feminist/girl power type deal.

Which is exactly why in every single interview Olivia gave, she talked about the female empowerment aspect of the movie and also why she tried to bury Shia with her lies because it fit this bullshit narrative she was crafting.

Warner Bros execs are reportedly extremely unhappy with her conduct during the filming as well as her handling of all the marketing since. It's been said that at least a high level WB exec had to mediate a sit down between Olivia and Florence after a public screaming match broke out and the exec had to practically beg Florence just to agree to commit to the absolute bare minimum of promotion for Darling, which is all she managed to put in. 

Olivia had better be real careful and learn to shut the fuck up instead of burying others while pretending to be a feminist or people might start to remember that she was for many years quite "close" with Harvey Weinstein and Amber Heard. She's a failed fraudulent feminist who's been star fucking her way to the top for years as she clout chases. Not exactly the loving mother savior role she's writing for herself these days.

Now that Darlings is out, I look forward to her fading back into obscurity where someone of her mediocre talents and toxic personality belongs.

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/24/2022, 6:32 pm

Saw the trailer for Knock at the Cabin. Dave Bautista is in it. Seems interesting from the trailer. It is by M. Night Shyamalan.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/24/2022, 6:53 pm

joey con carne wrote:Saw the trailer for Knock at the Cabin. Dave Bautista is in it. Seems interesting from the trailer. It is by M. Night Shyamalan.

I like Bautista but there have already been way too many other movies about an unseen force/aliens/monsters/demons/witches in the woods that require human sacrifice to "save the world" and I don't believe that Shyamalan can bring anything new to it. Knock at the Cabin should have been called; Cabin in the Woods 2: Redux.

But regardless, this is a Shymalan movie so it'll be about another evil force that can be defeated with water.

I've probably seen over 50 movie trailers in the last two months and really none of them have captivated me, things are looking bleak as Hollywood continues to prove Sturgeon's Law.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/24/2022, 9:05 pm

It's been a while since I've watched a Shyamalama Ding-Dong movie, so I might give this one a go. Last thing I saw of his was The Happening with Marky Mark.

Also, I only recently learned that he did an uncredited re-write of She's All That. Shocked
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/25/2022, 7:55 am

Rusty wrote:It's been a while since I've watched a Shyamalama Ding-Dong movie, so I might give this one a go. Last thing I saw of his was The Happening with Marky Mark.

Also, I only recently learned that he did an uncredited re-write of She's All That. Shocked

Wait are you talking about the Rachel Lee Cook/Freddie Prinze Jr 90's high school movie, She's All That????

That can't be true there was no twist ending and not one single character was defeated by water.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/25/2022, 5:53 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

Wait are you talking about the Rachel Lee Cook/Freddie Prinze Jr 90's high school movie, She's All That????

That can't be true there was no twist ending and not one single character was defeated by water.

Yeah that's the one. Finding out he wrote it is his best twist yet Cool
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/25/2022, 7:10 pm

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

Yeah that's the one. Finding out he wrote it is his best twist yet Cool

WOAH! You're right. I feel like I just learned Bruce Willis was a really a ghost all over again!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/27/2022, 5:48 pm

That's a surprising bit of info that I didn't know about M. Night.

I've had a cold the past couple of days due to this changing weather, jumping from 40s to 70s.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/28/2022, 10:10 am

I posted about it in the MCU thread but in case you missed it, Hugh Jackman will be making his return as Wolverine in Deadpool 3.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/28/2022, 10:12 am

Epix Will Become MGM+ in Early 2023
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 8 Mgmplu10
Epix is joining ABC Family, IMDb TV and Spike TV in the network name scrap heap.

The MGM-backed premium cable network and its streaming counterpart are being rebranded as MGM+. The change, which will become effective in January, better aligns the brand with parent company MGM after the studio acquired full ownership of Epix from previous owners Viacom and Lionsgate in 2017 in a deal valued at $1 billion.

“MGM is one of the most iconic and beloved brands from the golden age of entertainment,” said Michael Wright, head of MGM+. “This rebrand is a promise to existing and new viewers that MGM+ is the place to find television that reflects and celebrates the legacy of the iconic MGM brand — cinematic programming with sophisticated storytelling that entertains, delights, surprises and transports. MGM is television for movie lovers.”

The rebrand will kick off on Jan. 15, timed to the third-season return of drama series Godfather of Harlem. Season two of the series starring Forest Whitaker — which is ironically owned and produced by Disney’s ABC Signature — ranks as Epix’s best-performing season of all time.

Other originals that are part of the Epix slate include Billy the Kid from Vikings creator Michael Hirst, sci-fi horror thriller From and dramas Rogue Heroes and Belgravia.

As part of the rebranding, Wright announced that drama Hotel Cocaine, from Narcos and Godfather of Harlem’s Chris Brancato, will join the roster of scripted originals at Epix. The eight-episode Miami-set crime thriller that is set in the late 1970s and early ’80s and produced in-house at Epix Studios and MGM Television will premiere in 2023.

Additionally, Wright has greenlit a second season of period drama Belgravia from The Gilded Age and Downton Abbey’s Julian Fellowes. Belgravia: The Next Chapter will pick up in 1865, 25 years after the 2020 limited series wrapped its run. The second season follows the love story of Frederick Trenchard and his new love interest, Clara Dunn.

Rounding out Epix’s slate is a roster of newly ordered unscripted series, including a four-part Amityville murders doc and a two-part exploration of the San Francisco music community from 1965 to 1975 from Frank Marshall, Alex Gibney and Amblin Television.

MGM+ will continue to feature films from MGM’s film library including No Time to Die, House of Gucci and Licorice Pizza as well as others from the James Bond and Rocky franchises alongside the likes of Bull Durham, Platoon, Silence of the Lambs, Mississippi Burning and many others.

Wright, for his part, oversees Epix and added MGM Television to his purview in March 2021 after he was tapped to replace studio veteran Steve Stark.

The rebranding comes as major media companies have continued to embrace their larger brand to better connect viewers with the properties they’re best known for. Streamer CBS All Access was rebranded as Paramount+ following the re-merging of Viacom with CBS. The new joint company was also rebranded as Paramount Global. Other recent networks to be rebranded include IMDb as Freevee, ABC Family as Freeform and Spike TV as Paramount Network, among others.

The rest of the Epix portfolio will also be rebranded to reflect the focus on MGM. Epix 2 will become MGM+ Hits; Epix Hits will become MGM+ Marquee; and Epix Drive-In becomes MGM+ Drive-In.

Source: THR

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/29/2022, 10:43 am

Hurricane Ian, what a mother fucker....

I'll never understand people who choose to stay in an area that regularly is overtaken by the ocean. Gators and snakes patrol the city streets, power will be out for weeks, millions in tens if not hundreds of millions in property damages, everything is utter devastation and it's always shock from people claiming they didn't expect the Hurricane to be so bad. Only the hubris of man could make you think that you can predict what nature, let alone a hurricane is going to do.

Now its a state of emergency with millions without power, thousands in need of rescue and who knows how many dead and all I keep reading and seeing is "We didn't think it'd get this bad so we stayed". As if Hurricanes are known for their small scale damage and cooperative nature.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/29/2022, 11:40 am

Oh shit! Coolio is dead at 59 years old.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/29/2022, 1:19 pm

He's living in gangsta's paradise now.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/29/2022, 2:48 pm

joey con carne wrote:He's living in gangsta's paradise now.

All things considered, 59 isn't too bad for the man who got famous off of lines like;

Death ain't nothin' but a heartbeat away,
I'm livin' life, do or die, what can I say,
I'm 23 now, but will I live to see 24?
The way things is going,
I don't know.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/29/2022, 4:45 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Hurricane Ian, what a mother fucker....

I'll never understand people who choose to stay in an area that regularly is overtaken by the ocean. Gators and snakes patrol the city streets, power will be out for weeks, millions in tens if not hundreds of millions in property damages, everything is utter devastation and it's always shock from people claiming they didn't expect the Hurricane to be so bad. Only the hubris of man could make you think that you can predict what nature, let alone a hurricane is going to do.

Now its a state of emergency with millions without power, thousands in need of rescue and who knows how many dead and all I keep reading and seeing is "We didn't think it'd get this bad so we stayed". As if Hurricanes are known for their small scale damage and cooperative nature.

They did warn that it was going to be bad the closer it got. I think I read the damages were over $1 Billion or so.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/30/2022, 2:31 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:They did warn that it was going to be bad the closer it got. I think I read the damages were over $1 Billion or so.

Economic damages are expected to exceed $100 billion.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/30/2022, 5:19 pm

joey con carne wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:They did warn that it was going to be bad the closer it got. I think I read the damages were over $1 Billion or so.

Economic damages are expected to exceed $100 billion.

But it's ok because they will just rebuild everything in exactly the same locations without making a single improvement to protect their coastline or their economy from the next time this happens because they already know it won't because what are the odds right?

Ahumrica Fuck Ya!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/30/2022, 6:05 pm

joey con carne wrote:Economic damages are expected to exceed $100 billion.

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 8 Giphy
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/2/2022, 2:45 pm

It's October, leaves started falling from the trees three weeks ago but today its 77 degrees.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/2/2022, 8:29 pm

It's October here too. Cool METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 8 1f60e

The days are warming up but the evenings are still sit-by-the-fire worthy.

Haven't had a drop of alcohol in 14 days, so I guess I'm officially in for Sober October.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/2/2022, 9:19 pm

Rusty wrote:It's October here too. Cool  METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 8 1f60e

The days are warming up but the evenings are still sit-by-the-fire worthy.

Haven't had a drop of alcohol in 14 days, so I guess I'm officially in for Sober October.

Was sobriety a choice or did you run out of beer and fuel at the same time?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/3/2022, 10:56 am

This marks a big change at the network as they head for another rebranding and fresh start. Pedowitz is the man who refused to let Supernatural end before 15 seasons, Dick Wolfed the entire Arrowverse and launched many of the worst tv shows of the last decade but now with the end of his reign, the CW is dead and begins its move to becoming the next CBS, another network catering to old people.

Mark Pedowitz Exits The CW Amid Nexstar Media Group Takeover
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 8 Mark-p10
Mark Pedowitz’s reign at The CW has come to an end after 11-plus years, as Nexstar Media Group officially takes over the netlet.

Pedowitz was named president of The CW in May 2011, succeeding Dawn Ostroff. He added the titles of CEO and Chairman in January 2020.

Dennis Miller, a TV executive-turned-venture capitalist who in recent years has served on Nexstar’s board of directors, will take over as CW president effective immediately.

Reacting to the switcheroo, prolific producer Greg Berlanti — who over the years has shepherded a show or 20 for The CW — told Deadline, ”I’m definitely a little shocked, and I’m definitely sad. But Mark and I have worked together for 20 years at ABC and [at The CW], and I’m sure we will continue to find other ways to work together.”

Pedowitz’s accomplishments at The CW include but are not limited to the expansion to Sunday and then Saturday programming; the rollout of summertime originals; and of course the decade-ago launch of what would soon blossom into the Arrowverse, a multi-series slate of crossover-happy superhero fare.

(Personal aside, Mark is also one of the very nicest and most genuine guys in the business. I cannot recall a time he didn’t make a point to say hello at an industry event, even when being hurried from Point A to Point B at Upfronts.)

Local-TV giant Nexstar Media Group announced in August that it would acquire a 75 percent ownership stake in the broadcast network. The CW’s current co-owners, Warner Bros. Discovery and Paramount Global, will each retain a 12.5 percent minority stake, allowing both companies to continue producing original scripted content for The CW.

At the time, it was indicated that Pedowitz would stay put in his leadership role. But it was also revealed by Nexstar president and CEO Tom Carter that the plan to make The CW profitable revolved around content that appealed to an audience older than the outlet had previously targeted.

“The CW is currently the lowest-rated broadcast network, which we believe largely reflects the fact that its programming is targeted for an 18-to-34 audience demographic, while the average age of the CW broadcast viewer is 58 years,” Carter said in August. “Over time, we’ll be taking a different approach to our CW programming strategy.” That approach also involves adding more cost-effective unscripted and “high-quality syndicated programming” to its lineup, which Carter noted was “a departure from the prior predominant focus on expensive, original scripted content.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/3/2022, 3:42 pm

Oh, man. CW is known for their bops. I wonder what kind of programming they will come up with now.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/4/2022, 9:40 am

joey con carne wrote:Oh, man. CW is known for their bops. I wonder what kind of programming they will come up with now.

Another reason I said The CW was about become the next CBS is that along with this dramatic shift in targeted age demographics, they will be making a heavy push into sitcoms and procedurals, exactly what CBS already offers. They want "broader and cheaper" offerings, so the already cheap and shitty looking shows will become even cheaper and shittier looking with a wider appeal due to blandness. Expect many multi-cam sitcoms that mostly take place in apartments and offices and dramatic procedurals about people who are the smartest and greatest in the world at what they do, being hired to outsource their awesome top of the line brain skills for various rich clients and law enforcement agencies. We're talking real cutting edge modern shows you can't get anywhere else but still filmed entirely in Vancouver.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/4/2022, 4:55 pm

‘Buffy’ & ‘WandaVision’ Star Emma Caulfield Reveals MS Diagnosis
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 8 Emma-c10
Emma Caulfield, known for portraying Anya Christina Emmanuella Jenkins on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series and Dotti on WandaVision, has revealed she has multiple sclerosis.

“Once upon a time, I had zero health problems,” Caulfield told Vanity Fair. “I woke up one morning and the left side of my face felt like there were a million ants crawling on it. That feeling when you’ve sat in a position too long? … The feeling’s gone and it’s coming back like a rush of blood.”

Caulfield recalls she went to her acupuncturist who suggested she might have Bell’s Palsy, which is characterized by half of the face dropping due to muscle weakness. She would get more tests done and after the results of an MRI, her doctor confirmed she had MS.

“It was like an out-of-body experience,” she said about her reaction following her MS diagnosis. “I’m like, ‘No, that’s not possible.’ I’m like, ‘What are you talking about?’ [The doctor] was very matter of fact about it…. It was literally a kind of nightmare.”

Caulfield also revealed that her father had MS, but that wasn’t the cause of his death. The actor also said she had initially not revealed her diagnosis as she “didn’t want to give anyone the opportunity to not hire me.” Caulfield said she filmed WandaVision while experiencing in silence the effects of MS. She added that she would be reprising her role on the Disney+ series Agatha: Coven of Chaos, but this time, she has notified everyone “that needs to be notified.”

Source: Deadline

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/5/2022, 11:13 am

‘Rust’ Movie Productions Reaches Settlement With Halyna Hutchins Estate; Filming To Resume In January, Matthew Hutchins To Executive Produce
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 8 Alec-b10
EXCLUSIVE: (UPDATED with Alec Baldwin statement): Rust Movie Productions LLC and its Rust star and producer Alec Baldwin have reached a settlement with the estate of slain cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. As part of the peace, her husband Matthew Hutchins will executive produce Rust, which will return to production in January 2023 with the original cast.

The Hutchins family had filed a wrongful death lawsuit February 15 over the shooting of Hutchins that occurred on the set of the in Western on October, 21, 2021, when Baldwin discharged a prop gun after being informed by the production’s assistant director David Halls that the weapon was “cold.”

“We have reached a settlement, subject to court approval, for our wrongful death case against the producers of Rust, including Alec Baldwin and Rust Movie Productions, LLC. As part of that settlement, our case will be dismissed,” Matthew Hutchins said Wednesday morning.

“The filming of Rust, which I will now executive produce, will resume with all the original principal players on board in January 2023,” Hutchins added of the most confidential agreement.

“I have no interest in engaging in recriminations or attribution of blame (to the producers or Mr. Baldwin). “All of us believe Halyna’s death was a terrible accident. I am grateful that the producers and the entertainment community have come together to pay tribute to Halyna’s final work.”

The culmination of weeks of negotiations, today’s news comes as the final report of the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office’s investigation into Hutchins’ death and what really went down at the Bonanza Creek Ranch location that terrible day is expected to be handed over soon to local District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies. Several Rust crew members including armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed have already filed ongoing civil lawsuits of their own in New Mexico and California. However, Wednesday’s agreement between the Hutchins family and Baldwin and other Rust producers could shift the legal landscape for those civil cases and any possible criminal charges from the Santa Fe D.A.

Rust Movie Productions, LLC, through its attorney, Melina Spadone of Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, said today: “We are pleased the parties came together to resolve this matter, which, subject to court approval, marks an important step forward in celebrating Halyna’s life and honoring her work.”  

Baldwin’s attorney, Luke Nikas of Quinn Emanuel, added: “Throughout this difficult process, everyone has maintained the specific desire to do what is best for Halyna’s son. We are grateful to everyone who contributed to the resolution of this tragic and painful situation.”

Later this morning, the Oscar-nominated actor of The Cooler added this on Instagram: “We are pleased to announce today the settlement of the civil case filed on behalf of the family of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. Throughout this difficult process, everyone has maintained the specific desire to do what is best for Halyna’s son. We are grateful to everyone who contributed to the resolution of this tragic and painful situation.”

Joel Souza, Director of Rust, said: “Those of us who were lucky enough to have spent time with Halyna knew her to be exceedingly talented, kind, creative, and a source of incredible positive energy. I only wish the world had gotten to know her under different circumstances, as it surely would have through her amazing work. In my own attempts to heal, any decision to return to finish directing the film could only make sense for me if it was done with the involvement of Matt and the Hutchins family. Though certainly bittersweet, I am pleased that together, we will now complete what Halyna and I started. My every effort on this film will be devoted to honoring Halyna’s legacy and making her proud. It is a privilege to see this through on her behalf.”

The Hutchins original lawsuit in February claimed that “Defendant Baldwin, the Producers, and the Rust Production Companies were aware of firearms safety issues that had occurred on the set of Rust and did not take action to correct the situation and ensure that basic gun safety rules were followed on October 21, 2021…Had Defendant Baldwin, the Producers, and the Rust Production Companies taken adequate precautions to ensure firearm safety on the set of Rust or if basic firearm safety rules had been followed on the set of Rust on October 21, 2021, Halyna Hutchins would be alive and well, hugging her husband and nine-year old son.”

Close to a year since the tragic incident occurred, the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office has yet to charge anyone.

Last month, Deadline obtained a letter from Santa Fe D.A. Carmack-Altwies to the New Mexico Board of Finance requesting $635,000 to prosecute as many as four individuals with criminal and homicide charges related to the Rust tragedy (the DA was granted $317,750). The DA said in her letter that “one of the possible defendants is well known movie actor Alec Baldwin.” Nikas, speaking on behalf of Baldwin, responded to the DA’s letter “that it would be premature to discuss the case because they had not yet reviewed the file or deliberated about their charging decision.”

“It is irresponsible to report otherwise,” Nikas blasted at the time. “The DA has made clear that she has not received the sheriff’s report or made any decisions about who, if anyone, might be charged in this case.”

Nikas stated in April that an New Mexico OSHA report “exonerates” Baldwin. That agency fined Rust Productions, LLC a maximum allowable $136,793 after a six-month investigation that found a “willful and serious” violation of workplace safety procedures.

In an ABC news interview with George Stephanopoulos last December, Baldwin insisted he never actually pulled the trigger of the gun that took Hutchins’ life during a quick-draw rehearsal move in a church location on the set of Rust.

Baldwin also told Stephanopoulos, “I have been told by people who are in the know, in terms of even inside the state, that it’s highly unlikely that I would be charged with anything criminally.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/5/2022, 11:15 am

All that talk about getting justice for his wife and in the end he took a payoff and a producers credit and will now work with the man who killed his wife?

They can keep calling it an accident but it was a choice, the gun could not fire on accident. Baldwin pulled that trigger and killed an innocent woman and ever since then he's failed to accept any responsibility and has been playing the victim game and now this?

But I'm pretty sure that the Santa Fe District Attorney is still comin for em since they just got the funding last week for four prosecutions in this exact case.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/5/2022, 3:47 pm

The husband probably justified it as "this is what Halyna would have wanted."
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/5/2022, 5:10 pm

joey con carne wrote:The husband probably justified it as "this is what Halyna would have wanted."

Yeah I'm sure she would have wanted for her husband and her murderer to become friends and co-workers. That logic checks.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/6/2022, 2:10 pm

Hemsworth's Limitless Trailer

Does even Thor have his physical limits? We’ll find out when the docuseries Limitless With Chris Hemsworth premieres with all six episodes on Wednesday, Nov. 16 on Disney+.

The National Geographic-produced program, from filmmaker Darren Aronofsky (Black Swan), explores Hemsworth’s journey “to combat aging and discover the full potential of the human body,” per the official synopsis. “Part global scientific adventure, part personal journey, each episode of the series follows Chris as he takes up a gauntlet of physical and mental feats designed by world-class experts, scientists and doctors to unlock different aspects of the aging process.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/7/2022, 2:18 pm

Quentin Tarantino to Embark on Five-City Book Tour For New Nonfiction Book ‘Cinema Speculation’
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 8 Quenti11
Quentin Tarantino is prepping to embark on a book tour for his first nonfiction book “Cinema Speculation,” which releases on Nov. 1.

The tour will see the filmmaker, cinephile and now podcaster make stops in five major U.S. cities from Nov. 3-16. Tarantino will kick off his promo jaunt in Los Angeles, then head to San Francisco, Portland and Austin before concluding at The Town Hall in New York City.

In “Cinema Speculation,” the “Pulp Fiction” and “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” director finally does what fans have anticipated throughout his 30-year long career: write about and analyze the films that shaped him, from his early childhood to his adulthood. As one of the most famous movie-lovers of all time, Tarantino packs in film criticism, film theory, reporting and personal history while centering on key movies made throughout the 1970s. The book will be published by Harper Collins and is currently available for pre-order on Amazon.

The book follows Tarantino’s New York Times No. 1 bestseller “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,” a novelization of his 2019 film of the same name.

Tickets officially go on sale for Tarantino’s “Cinema Speculation” book tour on Friday, Oct. 7. See the full list of tour dates below, and pre-order the book here.

Nov. 3 – Los Angeles, CA at The Theatre at Ace Hotel
   Nov. 7 – San Francisco, CA at Castro Theatre
   Nov. 9 & 10 – Portland, OR at Hollywood Theatre
   Nov. 12 – Austin, TX at Paramount Theatre
   Nov. 16 – New York, NY at The Town Hall

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/7/2022, 7:11 pm

Mario sure does an impressive Chris Pratt impersonation!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/11/2022, 12:46 pm

God damn, it seems like every older celebrity over 90 having a birthday this week has died.

Murder She Wrote's Angela Lansbury died in her sleep this morning just five days shy of her 97th birthday.

Eileen Ryan actress and mother of Sean Penn died on October 9th, a week shy of her 95th birthday. I hadn't seen Eileen since her highly memorable role as Gladys in Eight Legged Freaks twenty years ago.

Assault on Precinct 13 star Austin Stoker died on October 7th which also happened to be his 92nd birthday. I just rewatched Precinct 13 maybe a month ago during my Carpenter marathon, it holds up very well. I recommend it to anybody who either hasn't seen it or isn't familiar with Stoker. Here's the trailer and the full movie both on Youtube.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/11/2022, 6:05 pm

Assault on Precinct 13 is such an underrated film. Barely gets a mention when most people talk about Carpenter's films.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/11/2022, 6:47 pm

Rusty wrote:Assault on Precinct 13 is such an underrated film. Barely gets a mention when most people talk about Carpenter's films.

I am a huge Carpenter fan and while I love nearly all of his movies  I've always enjoyed his lesser celebrated works the most such as; Precinct 13, Prince of Darkness and They Live.

I prefer Carpenter's smaller movies over his big studio stuff like The Thing or Big Trouble in Little China. I found those to be incredible overrated especially when compared to Precinct, Prince or They Live all of which I've enjoyed immensely more although we're not even getting into my lifelong fandom of Snake Plissken or Michael Myers. 

In regards to Precinct 13 not getting mentioned by most fans, they seem to always overlook the incredible scene stealing work of Darwin Joston as Napoleon Wilson.

Precinct was loaded with talented people who for the most part had quite short lived careers like Laurie Zimmer, who's real life disappearance from Hollywood in the year after Precinct's release would became a decades long mystery before she was eventually found living quietly as a teacher. I was captivated by her performance as Leigh but I never saw her again in anything else.

Precinct is a movie that is still shocking even by today's standards and I will always recommend it.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/13/2022, 8:05 am

Commuted into the city today for a mandatory seminar. Sucks. I’ve never been a “school spirit” kind of guy and I just hate when any organization gets everyone together to talk about how awesome they are and how much of a difference we are making. Go fuck yourself. Want to show me appreciation? Give me more money.

Fuck all this. Lunch isn’t for another hour. The kool aid here is strong but not strong enough to brainwash me.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/13/2022, 10:29 am

joey con carne wrote:Commuted into the city today for a mandatory seminar. Sucks. I’ve never been a “school spirit” kind of guy and I just hate when any organization gets everyone together to talk about how awesome they are and how much of a difference we are making. Go fuck yourself. Want to show me appreciation? Give me more money.

Fuck all this. Lunch isn’t for another hour. The kool aid here is strong but not strong enough to brainwash me.

Strange....mandatory corporate synergy meetings instead of a pay increase always got me pumped for the work week. scratch

You should stream Mayhem with Steven Yeun while on lunch. It's a real mood setter.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/13/2022, 2:24 pm

I never understood the end of that movie. So Steven becomes the boss and his final act as boss before quitting is giving agent smith’s daughter an extension on her loan?

Did I miss something? Why didn’t he just forgive it completely?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/13/2022, 3:17 pm

joey con carne wrote:I never understood the end of that movie. So Steven becomes the boss and his final act as boss before quitting is giving agent smith’s daughter an extension on her loan?

Did I miss something? Why didn’t he just forgive it completely?

I think it was because of the already prepared paperwork available to him he had limited options and I didn't get the impression that he had a whole lot of choices if he wanted to walk with Melanie.

Besides, you were really just supposed to focus on the boss killing part of that story so you could enjoy your day.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/13/2022, 6:07 pm

Ohhh shit! Halloween Ends is available now on Peacock. Cool

Even with the day and date release box office projections and today's drop of all the terrible reviews, at least a $50 million opening is expected but I've seen reports showing as high as $60 million.

Just goes to show that America's appetite for destruction, chaos, murder and mayhem will always win out over all sense.  Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/14/2022, 10:21 am

Ah man, celebs are starting to tell their Bill Murray is an asshole in real life stories now. Rob Schneider, Seth Green and Geena Davis were up first and then there's the settlement news too. This is a total bummer and likely just the beginning, the flood gates are now open. 

Rob Schneider Claims Bill Murray “Absolutely Hated” Members of ‘SNL’ Cast Including Adam Sandler, Chris Farley

Seth Green claims Bill Murray threw him in a trash can on 'SNL' set as a child: 'I was horrified'

Geena Davis Details Harassment from Bill Murray on ‘Quick Change’ Set: ‘I Should Have Walked Out’

Report reveals details of Bill Murray’s ‘inappropriate’ on-set behavior

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/14/2022, 11:55 am

I'm not saying I knew he was not a wonderful guy but I also never understood why fans thought he was the coolest guy ever. It's like people saw him on screen and thought that was how he was off screen.

This doesn't surprise me. And I certainly wouldn't be surprised if, in the near future, we read he pissed off Scarlett Johansson on the Lost in Translation set.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/15/2022, 2:50 pm

About six weeks back I told you guys about how my property was covered in ash from a fire burning 60 miles away and they weren't really able to contain much of it. Well that fire is still burning because its mostly heavily forested mountains that are burning and the ash is falling like snow flakes all around my home again... Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 10/15/2022, 7:19 pm

Damn. It can't be good breathing that in. Do you have air filtration system or anything?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/15/2022, 8:37 pm

joey con carne wrote:Damn. It can't be good breathing that in. Do you have air filtration system or anything?

I have portable air purifiers running throughout the rooms I regularly occupy. The air quality inside is fine as long as I keep it all closed up but as soon as I open a window or walk outside it's like I'm standing next to a bonfire, everything immediately tastes like ash.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next