BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

metoo - Random Thoughts - Page 7 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 9/8/2022, 10:59 am

A corrupt Vegas politician didn't want to go down for having an affair with a staffer so he stabbed to death the 69 year old investigative journalist who was going to out his affair last night.

Today, that same politician was taken into police custody after a stand off with the Vegas SWAT.

Instead of just having his political career take another hit from an affair, he's now going down for murder....

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/8/2022, 2:54 pm

Hey Joey, big Venice ovation updates since we both know that the longer the ovation the better the movie.

Ovation Watch: BLONDE gets 11 minutes at Venice, which is by far the best received Netflix title.

The Son was 10 minutes, Banshees still the undisputed champ at 13 minutes. The Whale 6 minutes, Bardo 4, White Noise 3.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/8/2022, 6:24 pm

This is getting to that point like that time in the late 2000's when comedians were seemingly trying to break records doing hours long stand up sets and after awhile it’s like why?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/8/2022, 7:15 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Queen Elizabeth II has died aged 96. The royal, who was the world’s second longest-serving monarch after ruling for 70 years, will be replaced by her son Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales.

She was a real one.

Things might get weird now, even here in Aus. Plenty of people here would love to ditch the Commonwealth and become a Republic, and this might just help do it. Same with other Commonwealth countries.

It could also lead to a changing of the Monarchy in the UK. Having an elected Head of State has only become more popular due to the happenings in recent years.

Everyone loved Elizabeth II, but the new King, Charles, isn't a very much liked man, and the new Queen, Camilla, may well be one of the most disliked people in the UK - she could never compete with Diana. Prince Andrew hung out with Epstein; Harry married a fucking idiot; and William married well, but that poor dude looked 50 when he was 25.

Vivat Regina!
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/8/2022, 7:49 pm

Damn! She was 96. RIP

They need to set age limits and this is something that needs to be done globally in any form of government. I don't want to be doing shit in my 70s. In my 90s? You can fuck right off!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/8/2022, 8:30 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn! She was 96. RIP

They need to set age limits and this is something that needs to be done globally in any form of government. I don't want to be doing shit in my 70s. In my 90s? You can fuck right off!

Upon my death, all my belongings shall transfer to the man or animal who has killed me.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/9/2022, 5:14 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Upon my death, all my belongings shall transfer to the man or animal who has killed me.

metoo - Random Thoughts - Page 7 Giphy
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/10/2022, 5:12 pm

Watching Bloodfist 2. God damn, this movie is a piece of shit. I love it!

Now watching Bloodfist 3. This is even worse than 2.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/11/2022, 7:16 am

joey con carne wrote:Watching Bloodfist 2. God damn, this movie is a piece of shit. I love it!

Now watching Bloodfist 3. This is even worse than 2.

WOAH! Bloodfist With Don the Dragon Wilson!? I haven't seen those since I was a youngin!

Are you going to watch Bloodfist IV: Die Trying to conclude the saga??? It's a cautionary tale about how car repossession can lead to catastrophic ramifications to ones family.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/11/2022, 7:36 am

Dang, unfortunately Pluto only aired 2 and 3 last night and repeated them this morning. I have not seen 4 but I think I have to.

Speaking of the Bloodfist series, Is it appropriate to liken them to the Best of the Best series? The first Bloodfist made some sense. Best of the Best was good. The sequels of each film went off the rails completely. And then Best of the Best 3 and 4 were just wtf just like Bloodfist 3. I have to assume Bloodfist 4 is completely gone just like Best of the Best 4.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/11/2022, 9:07 am

FUCK! Another day completely shut inside due to raging wildfires. Two Thousands acres are burning at Bolt Creek about 60 miles from me and it's been raining ash all over the north half of the state since yesterday morning and it's not letting up.

The air quality is terrible and burns my lungs when I go outside. I can't open my windows or get any fresh air, this is horse shit!!!!

FFS, I like to go out and walk around my property every day and make sure all is still quiet and nothing needs to be addressed but I had to do it with a respirator yesterday and there is nothing peaceful, relaxing or easy about doing anything in a fucking respirator.....

metoo - Random Thoughts - Page 7 15b6d62aa29339ffa0d68b259b98bdcc

metoo - Random Thoughts - Page 7 09102010

metoo - Random Thoughts - Page 7 99553c10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/11/2022, 10:27 am

Damn, that’s scary. Hope you’re safe and the fires don’t make it to your area.

If you are bored now, turn on Pluto channel Flicks of Fury. Don The Dragon Wilson’s movie Whatever It Takes is on. Andrew Dice Clay is in this, too. Looks like it just started. Homeboy just shot a kid. I think Donnie is gonna get in some trouble here.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/11/2022, 11:20 am

Damn! Stay safe man! Hope they are able to manage it. Is that normal over there at this time of year? You get any rain lately?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/11/2022, 2:07 pm

joey con carne wrote:Damn, that’s scary. Hope you’re safe and the fires don’t make it to your area.

If you are bored now, turn on Pluto channel Flicks of Fury. Don The Dragon Wilson’s movie Whatever It Takes is on. Andrew Dice Clay is in this, too. Looks like it just started. Homeboy just shot a kid. I think Donnie is gonna get in some trouble here.

No I'm on the other side of the river and have about 60 miles between my town and the fire right now so it'd take some serious winds to put us in jeopardy. Right now it's just a health hazard to go outside and the toxic ash is covering my property too, so that sucks.

Ah man, The Dice Man and the Dragon!??! That sounds like a masterpiece!

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn! Stay safe man! Hope they are able to manage it. Is that normal over there at this time of year? You get any rain lately?

We get a lot of fires and almost no rain all summer, then the other nine months of the year we get almost all rain.

It wasn't always like this we used to have very mild, wet summers but Climate Change has had a serious impact, most noticeably over the last 15 years here and we're suddenly having lots of drought years now. Growing up we spent most of our summers on the rivers swimming or floating for miles down em on old innertubes we could salvage but now our rivers are always dried up during the summer months and I haven't floated em much in years.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/11/2022, 8:56 pm

Fucking wildfires. We get them here as well. Had a few close calls, but as you say, just the smoke and the ash does enough damage, which hangs around for ages even after the fire has died/passed. Shit is terrible.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/12/2022, 3:55 pm

Rusty wrote:Fucking wildfires. We get them here as well. Had a few close calls, but as you say, just the smoke and the ash does enough damage, which hangs around for ages even after the fire has died/passed. Shit is terrible.

The skies finally cleared over here today thanks to some very strong winds but the ash is covering everything.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/13/2022, 12:46 pm

Paramount Is Considering Shutting Down Showtime and Migrating Its Content to Paramount+
metoo - Random Thoughts - Page 7 Showti10
Is the show going to be over for Showtime?

Paramount Global is having “early” discussions about shutting down Showtime as a standalone service and migrating Showtime’s slate of premium content into its flagship streamer, Paramount+, according to a Wall Street Journal report, citing anonymous sources. Paramount has “broached the idea” of shuttering Showtime in talks with “at least one major pay-TV partner,” per the report.

Reps for Paramount and Showtime did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

In a statement to the Journal, Paramount did not directly address the question of whether Showtime would continue as a separate service. “We are always exploring options to maximize the value of our content investment by giving consumers access to great Paramount content through an array of services and platforms,” the company rep told the publication.

The WSJ report comes less than a month after Paramount combined Paramount+ and Showtime into a single, merged service — letting subscribers access content from both streamers in one place — and offering discounts of up to 33% on the Paramount+/Showtime bundle through Oct. 2.

Showtime’s popular shows include “Billions,” “Yellowjackets,” “The Chi” and “Dexter: New Blood.” Fall premieres on the premium service include “American Gigolo,” “Let the Right One In” and the return of “Your Honor” and “The L Word: Generation Q.”

Content on Paramount+ includes original series like “1883,” “Halo,” “Star Trek: Discovery” and “Secret Headquarters” with upcoming originals this fall slated to include “Tulsa King,” “On the Come Up,” “Criminal Minds,” “Wolf Pack,” “1923” and the return of “The Good Fight” and “Seal Team.”

In announcing Q2 earnings, Paramount said that Paramount+ now has 43.3 million paid customers, a net add of 3.7 million for the June quarter (including 1.2 million disconnects in Russia). The company’s total streaming subscribers globally reached 63.7 million in the second quarter, a gain of 1.7 million, meaning the company’s other direct-to-consumer services dropped 2.4 million subs overall; Paramount does not break out the number of subscribers for Showtime or its other direct-to-consumer services.

Meanwhile, Paramount recently inked a deal with Walmart under which Paramount+ is now available in the retailing giant’s Walmart+ membership program.

Paramount+ is the rebranded version of what was previously called CBS All Access.

Source: Variety

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/13/2022, 12:53 pm

uh oh, that likely means Paramount Plus will go up in price.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/13/2022, 2:03 pm

joey con carne wrote:uh oh, that likely means Paramount Plus will go up in price.

Every streaming service goes up twice a year now regardless of content added.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/13/2022, 7:59 pm

Paramount + Plus

Cool
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/13/2022, 8:28 pm

Rusty wrote:Paramount + Plus

Cool

Would you get the Paramount+ Plus or the Paramount+ Plus Prime without ads?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/14/2022, 2:50 pm

Uh huh huh huh huh you guys said "mount". Huh huh huh huh
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/14/2022, 3:31 pm

Disney Chief Chapek Sees Clear Path For Hulu To Merge With Disney+ Once Comcast Buyout Is Complete
metoo - Random Thoughts - Page 7 Hulu-d10
Disney CEO Bob Chapek, coming off a promotional blitz at the company’s D23 conference last weekend, reiterated many of those messages for a Wall Street audience but struck a more confident tone than ever before in outlining the future of Hulu.

Speaking at the Goldman Sachs Communacopia & Tech Conference, Chapek noted that while Hulu has been operated by Disney since 2019, a full streaming combo would need to wait due to Comcast’s financial stake. Under the terms of a deal reached by the companies when Disney acquired most of 21st Century Fox, Disney can buy out Comcast at the start of 2024. Chapek said he “would love to” execute the buyout sooner, but he indicated Comcast is not in a hurry. Recent estimates have estimated the valuation of the stake at $27.5 billion and that number is not likely to decline during an era when streaming assets continue to be prized.

“The thing that you worry about when you’re Disney is brand friction, with some of the content that we may have in general entertainment,” Chapek said. “I am amazed every day in this job how elastic the Disney brand is. I would tell you that we have had no blowback whatsoever in terms of including that general entertainment content on a Disney-branded streaming proposition” in territories outside of the U.S. “I’m not saying it would be received exactly like that in the U.S., but it gives us some reason to believe that we have more degrees of freedom than anybody would have ever suspected.”

A blending of the two services has been expected by many insiders and industry observers, and it would match the strategies afoot at Warner Bros Discovery, Paramount Global and other companies as the market matures. Yet lining up Hulu’s programming, which includes everything from dystopian drama A Handmaid’s Tale to topical comedy films like Plan B and Happiest Season as well as edgy F/X titles like American Horror Story, in the same app as Pixar and other kids fare has always represented a unique challenge. Chapek said he has become convinced that such an offering could be brought to market and “not be subject to organ rejection by the consumer.”

Continuing to reach broad scale remains a key objective for Disney. While in the aggregate it now has more streaming subscriptions than Netflix, many customers subscribe to multiple services. Additionally, Chapek said, there is incentive to minimize hassle created when a viewer wants to, say, toggle between the new season of Atlanta and a Star Wars series on Disney+. “There’s a little bit of consumer friction there,” the CEO said. “Long-term, we can avoid that, and 2024 is not that far away.”

Even in the U.S., Disney has been realigning its programming with an eye toward stocking Disney+ with more titles not directly connected to its original five pillars of Marvel, Pixar, Lucasfilm, National Geographic and Disney. It shifted ABC mainstays like Dancing with the Stars and Black-ish to streaming, after seeing significant tune-in and new subscriptions for Peter Jackson’s Beatles docuseries Get Back last fall.

Pricing was another major topic during the 40-minute session. Asked about what kind of price increases may be possible down the line — even though the company is getting set to implement its second major hike later this year — Chapek said he wasn’t expecting a spike in churn. Therefore, he suggested, more increases could be on the way soon. “It’s what the market will bear, which is a direct reflection of price/value, and I think we’re way under-priced relative to the value that we provide,” he said. “We owe it to our shareholders to try to get that recognized.”

Data from the nearly 3-year run of Disney+ and the path of ESPN+, which launched in May 2018, will help inform decisions on pricing, Chapek said.

The price where Disney+ began — $6.99 in November 2019 — is “absurd” in retrospect, Chapek said, and makes comparisons seem drastic when the service tacks on additional dollars. The low initial price “helped us get to where we’re at, with those huge sub numbers,” he acknowledged. “It’s hard to believe we’ve only been at this three years.”

Source: Deadline

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/15/2022, 6:54 am

R. Kelly Found Guilty On 6 Counts Of Child Pornography And Enticing Minors In Chicago
metoo - Random Thoughts - Page 7 Gettyi30
Grammy-winning singer R. Kelly was found guilty in Chicago today on six of 13 counts related to child pornography and luring underage girls to have sex with him, according to Reuters. Each child pornography conviction carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years in Chicago.

Previously, Kelly was sentenced to 30 years in prison at a Brooklyn federal court on nine counts of sex trafficking and racketeering.

Today Kelly was found guilty of three child pornography counts and three counts of enticing minors for sex. He was acquitted of seven other charges, including obstruction of justice and conspiracy to receive child pornography. He had pled not guilty.

Of the felony counts of sexual assault, four of them are aggravated criminal sexual assault that carry a maximum sentence of up to 30 years in prison.

The charges were originally filed May 30, 2019 after Kelly previously pleaded not guilty to 10 counts of aggravated sexual abuse against four alleged victims — three of whom prosecutors say were underage at the time. The new charges are related to one of the original underage victims and allegedly occurred in 2010.

The Associated Press said prosecutors wrote in court documents that because the victim was underage at the time, the statute of limitations for bringing charges extended to 20 years from her 18th birthday.

Kelly also faces additional charges in Illinois and Minnesota, according to Reuters.

The latest news is part of the fallout from Lifetime’s 2019 documentary series Surviving R. Kelly, which featured alleged victims coming forward to detail the singer’s abusive past. After that, Stormy Daniels’ ex-lawyer Michael Avenatti came forward with a video allegedly showing Kelly involved in sex acts with a 14-year-old girl.

Source: Deadline

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/15/2022, 9:16 am

I read R. Kelly will be eligible for parole when he's 80. Light at the end of the tunnel for him.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/15/2022, 5:48 pm

Fuck that, motherfucker shouldn’t ever be eligible for parole
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/15/2022, 7:18 pm

He brought it on himself, that's it for him.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/15/2022, 7:34 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:He brought it on himself, that's it for him.

A prison cell is a rather appropriate place for the man to spend the majority of his years since he was mostly known for singing about being trapped in a closet.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/15/2022, 8:49 pm

Hey Joey, Peacock just added a few dozen Universal Monster Movies, I've never seen them on streaming before. Cool

metoo - Random Thoughts - Page 7 3yUx

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/16/2022, 3:56 am

Cool! Just in time for Halloween.

Will be nice to see Wolfman again. It's been a long time.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/16/2022, 6:47 am

The long awaited Fletch reboot "Confess, Fletch" starring Jon Hamm and "The Invitation" Unrated Edition starring Nathalie Emmanuel, both hit streaming today.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/16/2022, 6:41 pm

I like Jon Hamm but damn I wanted Jason Lee as Fletch
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/16/2022, 7:53 pm

Rusty wrote:I like Jon Hamm but damn I wanted Jason Lee as Fletch

Everybody wanted Lee for two decades and they still disappointed us all and then they dumped the movie anyways.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/21/2022, 8:39 pm

metoo - Random Thoughts - Page 7 Fdnzbb10
John Cena has officially set a new Guinness World Record for the most wishes granted through the Make-A-Wish Foundation with 650. Nobody else has ever granted more than 200 wishes in the 42-year existence of the organization.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/21/2022, 8:40 pm

Technically he's been setting a new world record every single time he makes another appearance ever since he passed 200... Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/21/2022, 10:17 pm

How can they verify this if nobody can see him?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/22/2022, 6:55 am

Tyger wrote:How can they verify this if nobody can see him?

Laughing

That is pretty cool. 650 is pretty dope.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/22/2022, 9:34 am

Tyger wrote:How can they verify this if nobody can see him?

Oh damn, that's a good one.

I was not expecting that from you. Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 9/23/2022, 1:29 am

WyldeMan wrote:A young Canadian actor named Ryan Grantham has pled guilty to both second-degree murder and plotting to kill Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Spoiler:

metoo - Random Thoughts - Page 7 Vlcsna10

Quick update: Actor Ryan Grantham sentenced to life in prison. Eligible for parole in 14 years.

Something I hadn't read before from this article:

Prosecutors said at a hearing in June that after he fatally shot his mother on March 31, 2020, at the family’s home in Squamish, British Columbia, he recorded video with a GoPro camera, in which he confessed to the killing and showed Waite’s lifeless body.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/23/2022, 8:54 am

Rusty wrote:Quick update: Actor Ryan Grantham sentenced to life in prison. Eligible for parole in 14 years.

Something I hadn't read before from this article:

Prosecutors said at a hearing in June that after he fatally shot his mother on March 31, 2020, at the family’s home in Squamish, British Columbia, he recorded video with a GoPro camera, in which he confessed to the killing and showed Waite’s lifeless body.

God damn man, Todd is so fucked up....

Enjoy prison you shitbag twink.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/23/2022, 3:38 pm

This board’s most-anticipated film came out today: Don’t Worry Darling.

I wonder how it will do in the box office.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/23/2022, 5:28 pm

joey con carne wrote:This board’s most-anticipated film came out today: Don’t Worry Darling.

I wonder how it will do in the box office.

I see a $22.5 million opening weekend based on all the controversy and the $3 million Thursday previews.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 9/23/2022, 6:37 pm

I actually think a lot of it looks good, but will probably wait to stream
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/23/2022, 6:48 pm

Tyger wrote:I actually think a lot of it looks good, but will probably wait to stream

Olivia Wilde had better enjoy this week cause her career unlike her boyfriend is no longer Marvel bound.

I don't need to watch it because a massive spoiler breakdown comparing the original script and the theatrical release has already leaked. And its so much worse than I'd even imagined and I'm not going anywhere near this horse shit.

All I will say is that the highly confusing marketing campaign and the endless controversies that has built the hype around DWD versus the reality of what the movie actually is, will likely enrage the scores of teen girls going to see this movie just to support their beloved Harry Styles in spite of their endless hatred for the sociopathic social climber that is Olivia Wilde.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 9/24/2022, 5:31 am

I read the spoiler last night and I'll definitely say the twist is not what I expected. But after reading that link about what the original script was, it sounds like Olivia Wilde turned it into a feminist/girl power type deal.

Still, the plot is surprising. I think it's getting more hate because of the bad publicity otherwise it doesn't sound as terrible as I've been reading.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next