BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2022, 6:24 pm

joey con carne wrote:Resident Evil looks mildly interesting.

It's always interesting watching these types of zombie shows or movies. It's always in an alternate universe where no one has ever heard of zombies before.

Just once, I would love to see a zombie show or movie where the characters know exactly how to deal with zombies due to all the movies and shows they've seen about it.

Joey, Resident Evil is one of the worst shows I've ever fast forwarded through very large segments of. I decided to give this a go yesterday because I was bored and felt like hate watching something stupid and my gods Resident Evil did not disappoint.

As to your question about zombies existing, nobody ever says the word and when characters see video of zombies, they are instantly proclaimed as fake. So yeah, these people are all stupid too.

It's mostly a teen drama about two incredibly unlikable shithead girls who happen to be the "daughters" of Albert Wesker and the show jumps between their teen years and their adult years. It's not really a zombie show, sure there are zombies in the future time lines but the show mostly takes place on an Umbrella Corp campus. Again this feels like a show in the time of COVID where you mostly only see very small groups of people and lots of CGI zombies.

There's even a massive dinosaur like crocodile in the finale that they totally botched in every way after setting it up for multiple episodes.

Just go in knowing the show sucks, is incredibly stupid, poorly written and that you're very likely going to hate every single character then you might enjoy your hate watch. Cool

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/16/2022, 6:30 pm

Looks like Bruce is doing a farewell tour while he's still got the ability to.

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 4 0_bruc10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/17/2022, 10:50 am

Gunman Opens Fire At North Carolina Comedy Club Featuring ‘The Office’ Costar Craig Robinson
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 4 Craig-11
Gunfire outside a North Carolina comedy club where comedian Craig Robinson was set to perform Saturday night sent the comedian and the audience scrambling, police said.

The gunman entered The Comedy Zone in Charlotte just after 9 PM and brandished a gun, demandng that everyone leave the club. That caused the audience, including Robinson, to head to a next-door venue for safety.

Robinson, aka “Darryl” from “The Office,” posted to Instagram about the experience

“I’m performing at the Comedy Zone in Charlotte, North Carolina. There was an active shooter in the comedy club. So they moved us over to this — there’s a concert going on so I thought I’d just share with y’all,” said “The Office” star.

“I’m safe. I’m cool. It was wild I was in the green room and they’re like ‘everybody get out!’ It was a moment for sure.”

The gunman later randomly shot outside the club. No injuries were reported and the gunman was arrested.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/17/2022, 7:57 pm

Fatt Butt and Pancake head had a Vegas wedding this weekend.

That's right folks, JLo and Affleck are ready to destroy each other's careers all over again because if at first you do succeed, repeat.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/17/2022, 8:37 pm

It’s okay. They’re rich!

Sucks to hear about Resident Evil sucking. Although, with their track record of shit movies, I should not be surprised. I’ll read the wiki.

How was the latest movie, Raccoon City?
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/17/2022, 8:47 pm

joey con carne wrote:It’s okay. They’re rich!

Sucks to hear about Resident Evil sucking. Although, with their track record of shit movies, I should not be surprised. I’ll read the wiki.

How was the latest movie, Raccoon City?

Hey maybe they can reunite with Kevin Smith for Jersey Girl 2.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/17/2022, 10:52 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

As terrible an idea as that is, Kevin Smith would jump at the chance - and it would still struggle to hit $30m at the box office Very Happy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2022, 8:18 am

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:

As terrible an idea as that is, Kevin Smith would jump at the chance - and it would still struggle to hit $30m at the box office Very Happy  

The Jay and Silent Bob Reboot couldn't even pull in $5 million world wide.

I don't know if any of Kevin's movies have ever grossed $30 million, that'd probably be a career best if it ever happened.

However having seen the Clerks III trailer, I am expecting something more in the $2 million world wide range. Clerks III is gonna give Tusk a run for its pocket change.

How long before you think Affleck and JLo make their next movie together? I hope it's a treasure hunting rom-com. I can't believe that dumb mother fucker was bedding the goddess that is Ana De Armas but then went back to that grandma Jenny. There's gotta be like some kind of Fucktard of the Decade award for that.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/18/2022, 9:11 am

"Game of Thrones" Star Emilia Clarke Says Her Brain Has "Quite a Bit Missing" After Aneurysms
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 4 Tmp_ff10
Emilia Clarke, best known for playing Daenerys Targaryen in "Game of Thrones", has opened up about two terrifying brain aneurysms she suffered while filming the show.

The 35-year-old told listeners of BBC One's "Sunday Morning" on 17 July: "The amount of my brain that is no longer usable — it's remarkable that I am able to speak, sometimes articulately, and live my life completely normally with absolutely no repercussions. I am in the really, really, really small minority of people that can survive that."

The actor has previously spoken about her health concerns and launched her own charity to support those with brain injuries and their loved ones through recovery in 2019. The actor raised over £200,000 for the charity — which is called SameYou — in a live stream with Irish YouTuber Jacksepticeye in 2019, and raised hundreds of thousands more at other fundraisers.

In her recent interview, she said: "There's quite a bit [of brain] missing! Which always makes me laugh. Because strokes, basically, as soon as any part of your brain doesn't get blood for a second, it's gone. And so the blood finds a different route to get around but then whatever bit is missing is therefore gone."

Clarke's battle with brain injury started in 2011. After the filming of "Game of Thrones" season one, the British star suffered a subarachnoid haemorrhage, a life-threatening type of stroke brought on by bleeding around the brain. The then 24-year-old was given brain surgery and suffered from a frightening bout of aphasia (difficulty with language or speech) and couldn't even recall her own name for about a week. Fortunately, she recovered and was able to return to work as normal.

However, her health concerns returned. After two more seasons of filming for the hit HBO show, Clarke was brought back into hospital again, this time for surgery on a growing lump on her brain. Since then, the award-winning actress has suffered with paralysing headaches.

Traumatising injuries aside, Clarke has gone on to receive a number of impressive accolades. The Londoner has been awarded an Empire Award, a Saturn Award, four Primetime Emmy Awards, seven Screen Actors Guild Awards, and she was named one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time magazine in 2019.

Despite the scary incidents, Clarke's acting career has continued to flourish over the past decade. She might not be appearing in the HBO's new "House of the Dragon" series, but she has upped her acting credits in a number of successful films, such as "Me Before You", "Solo: A Star Wars Story", and "Last Christmas". Her career has gone from strength to strength, and we hope her health continues to follow this trajectory.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/18/2022, 11:40 am

Wow, I didn't know she even had those health issues. Glad she is doing well.

I saw her a couple weeks back on my 'Gram feed. She had a post about a theater show she was doing called The Seagull. And she created a comic called Mother of Madness.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2022, 9:59 am

‘Everything Everywhere All At Once’ Getting Theatrical Re-Release With Eight Extra Minutes
A24’s highest grossing movie ever, the martial arts fantasy Everything Everywhere All at Once, is going wide again in cinemas on July 29.

The latest cut from Dan Kwan and Daniel Scheinert, which took off like a rocket ship from its SXSW world premiere, will include a new introduction from the filmmakers and eight minutes of outtakes.

The set-up for the pic has Michelle Yeoh playing a small business protagonist who can’t seen to finish her taxes. Stephanie Hsu, Ke Huy Quan, Jenny Slate, Harry Shum Jr., James Hong and Jamie Lee Curtis also star.

The pic has been saving grace for arthouses, which in the wake of closing during the 2020 pandemic, have faced the slow return of older moviegoers. Everything Everywhere All at Once dynamited the over 25 crowd out of their homes in Comscore/Screen Engine audience exits with a domestic gross of $67.95 million and counting and a global haul near $94M.

A24 is planning a push the Ley Line Entertainment co-financed feature this awards season. The Daniels’ directed movie is 95% certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes with an audience score of 89%.

A24 has another well-received SXSW premiere hitting theaters on Aug. 5, the Pete Davidson horror comedy Bodies Bodies Bodies which is getting sneaked down here at San Diego Comic-Con.

A24 previously did a re-release of a longer director’s cut of another summer hit, Ari Aster’s Midsommar, in August 2019. That pic’s running time when from 147 minutes to 171 minutes.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/20/2022, 10:11 am

Holy fucking shit! It's Bollywood Gump! I'm not even kidding, it looks like a near shot for shot remake of Forrest Gump except that its set in India!!! Shocked  

They even got their own Lieutenant Dan! Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/21/2022, 12:30 pm

Looks like after three years SDCC is experiencing some major issues and a lot of people are not happy.

135k people waiting in incredibly long chaotic lines and not to mention them not finding out until they arrived from their expensive travels that quite a few of the panels aren't being done live and in person but are being beamed in over satellite.

That feels like important information that should have been provided before the tickets were sold.

I've read about several big set ups such as for the Chris Pine fronted Dungeons and Dragon movie that was still being built while people were lining up for the opening today.

I have not been hearing a lot of good things coming out of SDCC after three years and they'd better get their shit together right away or they might have a nerd riot on their hands.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/22/2022, 12:20 pm

I'll be hitting up NY Comcom this October with my brudda. 2020 was cancelled for some reason and we skipped 2021 because of the VID. Hopefully, this year will be good! Can't wait to pick up some more indie comics.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/24/2022, 9:53 am

It's San Diego Comic Con weekend and this place has been dead meanwhile I've been posting up a storm trying to share all the latest trailers and panels with nobody to watch them or talk shit about them with.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/24/2022, 7:15 pm

I work on Saturdays and I've been busy today. I've been catching up on all the trailers though.

I thought SDCC was dead. I thought they went virtual after COVID? Looks like it's back to how it was. I don't understand how people do it. I can't imagine waiting hours and long lines for anything.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/25/2022, 7:40 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:I work on Saturdays and I've been busy today. I've been catching up on all the trailers though.

I thought SDCC was dead. I thought they went virtual after COVID? Looks like it's back to how it was. I don't understand how people do it. I can't imagine waiting hours and long lines for anything.

SDCC still wasn't like it'd been the past with the majority of panels focused on movies coming out in 2022. Based on twitter though, the lines and total disorganization were apparently the real stars of the SDCC this time around.

DC isn't even looking at 2023 because they pretended nothing is coming after Fury of the Gods in December since they're totally fucked next year.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/25/2022, 7:53 am

I know we've got some Smallville fans here but you might now be aware that Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum will now be reviewing an episode of the series every week for their new "Talk Ville Podcast".

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 7/25/2022, 12:07 pm

Yeah, I've already listened to the first one. Every time I'm driving to work, I'm listening to podcasts. Michael mentioned this in his other podcast Inside of You before. They are also coming out with an animated Smallville series too, I don't know when.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/25/2022, 12:29 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Yeah, I've already listened to the first one. Every time I'm driving to work, I'm listening to podcasts. Michael mentioned this in his other podcast Inside of You before. They are also coming out with an animated Smallville series too, I don't know when.

I figured everybody already knew but I still wanted to mention it on the off chance that I wasn't the last to know.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/27/2022, 10:00 am

HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY STARGATE SG-1

25 years ago today, Colonel Jack O'Neill first led SG-1 through the Stargate.

METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 4 Sg1-1-10

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/27/2022, 10:42 am

I only recently learned Christopher Judge, the guy on the left with the swirl on his forehead, did the voice for Kratos in 2018's God of War.

Neat-o.

Anyone here play God of War? Shit is crazy.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/27/2022, 11:09 am

joey con carne wrote:I only recently learned Christopher Judge, the guy on the left with the swirl on his forehead, did the voice for Kratos in 2018's God of War.

Neat-o.

Anyone here play God of War? Shit is crazy.

I've never played God of War but I didn't know about Judge doing voice work. Stargate is the only thing I've ever known him from.

You might also recognize Amanda Tapping who has either appeared in or directed pretty much every tv series to come out of Canada over the last twenty years.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 7/27/2022, 11:12 am

WyldeMan wrote:I've never played God of War but I didn't know about Judge doing voice work. Stargate is the only thing I've ever known him from.

You might recognize Amanda Tapping and Michael Shanks since they're Canadian actors who have either appeared in or directed pretty much every tv series to come out of Canada over the last twenty years, especially Tapping.

Stargate is the only work you know?

Dude! You missing out on his best film: The massive SyFy hit Mega Shark vs Mecha Shark !!! He starred in that one with Elisabeth Röhm. A must see.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Amanda Tapping or Michael Shanks. If they did any SyFy flicks, though, I would definitely watch.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/27/2022, 11:26 am

joey con carne wrote:Stargate is the only work you know?

Dude! You missing out on his best film: The massive SyFy hit Mega Shark vs Mecha Shark !!! He starred in that one with Elisabeth Röhm. A must see.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Amanda Tapping or Michael Shanks. If they did any SyFy flicks, though, I would definitely watch.

Oh no, not a SyFy creature feature! LOL.

I'm rather surprised you're not familiar with Amanda Tapping since she primarily directs Sci-Fi shows. While she hasn't acted a lot since Stargate ended, over the last half decade or so as she transitioned more towards directing and I've seen her name pop up on a variety of shows I've watched like; Supernatural, Travelers, The Magicians, Dark Matter, The 100 and The Flash for example.

BTW, Michael Shanks was the very first ever live action Carter Hall aka Hawkman, who you may remember from Smallville.

I've been a big Stargate fan since childhood and I keep holding out hope that Amazon will finally resurrect the franchise but it's been years already since they acquired MGM and I'm still waiting for news...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 7/27/2022, 5:26 pm

I loved the Stargate movie when it came out and watched it in cable all the time so I loved the idea+of the show, but I was not into it at all. I don’t think I even finished the first season and haven’t watched the show or movie since.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/27/2022, 6:56 pm

Tyger wrote:I loved the Stargate movie when it came out and watched it in cable all the time so I loved the idea+of the show, but I was not into it at all. I don’t think I even finished the first season and haven’t watched the show or movie since.

That's how it happened for me. Really enjoyed the movie but the TV show just didn't click the same way.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 7/27/2022, 7:13 pm

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 7/27/2022, 10:20 pm

Rusty wrote:
Tyger wrote:I loved the Stargate movie when it came out and watched it in cable all the time so I loved the idea+of the show, but I was not into it at all. I don’t think I even finished the first season and haven’t watched the show or movie since.

That's how it happened for me. Really enjoyed the movie but the TV show just didn't click the same way.

I watched the movie over and over as a kid and then I watched every episode of SG1, Atlantis and Universe. I love em all.

With that said, I'll never stop hoping that Kurt Russell and James Spader will step back through the Stargate one more time. Amazon just needs to show them the money!

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/1/2022, 9:34 am

Florence Pugh Unhappy Over Olivia Wilde-Harry Styles Affair

In just a few weeks, Olivia Wilde and boyfriend Harry Styles will step on the red carpet at the prestigious Venice Film Festival for the world premiere of their new movie, “Don’t Worry Darling,” which she directed.

They will be joined by Styles’ co-star Florence Pugh, one of Hollywood’s brightest young things. But Hollywood is buzzing that the 26-year-old actress has fallen out with Wilde, 38, over the director hooking up with Styles.

“I can tell you for a fact that Flo seeing Olivia and Harry all over each other on set did not go down well as Olivia was still with Jason when she first hooked up with Harry,” one insider told Page Six, referring to Wilde’s ex, “Ted Lasso” star Jason Sudeikis.

The former couple — who got engaged in 2012 and share kids Otis, 8, and Daisy, 5 — announced the end of their seven-year-romance in November 2020.

At the time, sources cited Wilde’s relationship with Styles as the main reason for the split, with one insider telling Page Six that the affair with Styles, now 28, had been ongoing for a month, leaving “Saturday Night Live” vet Sudeikis distraught.

“Jason and the kids visited Olivia on set at the beginning a few times, so I think this all made people feel a little uncomfortable,” the insider said this week.

Internet sleuths certainly think something is up — finding it strange that, in an industry where stars live and die by Instagram, Pugh failed to “like” a post in which Wilde included the full official trailer for “Don’t Worry Darling” last week.

Wilde followed that up by posting a photo of Pugh with the comment: “Watching this woman work was such a f–king thrill! Cannot wait to show you more. @florencepugh@dontworrydarling.”Pugh again was conspicuous by her silence — and the fact that, on the same day, she posted a teaser trailer for another new project, “Oppenheimer,” about J. Robert Oppenheimer, the so-called father of the atomic bomb.

It’s a subject of hot debate on social media, with one fan tweeting: “The way Florence Pugh has yet to post about don’t worry darling even though there are two trailers out for it and yet she’ll post about every single other project that she’s doing right now like what did Olivia Wilde do ????”

“i think it’s so funny how florence pugh had said NOTHING about don’t worry darling and olivia wilde keeps trying to hype her up,” tweeted another.

But a source told Page Six, “I heard she was already scheduled to post [about ‘Oppenheimer’] that day for some specific reason, it had nothing to do with a response to Olivia.”

“Don’t Worry Darling” is described as a tale of an unhappy 1950s housewife, played by Pugh, who discovers a disturbing truth about her idyllic life, while her loving husband, played by Styles, hides a dark secret.

On the blue carpet in support of a Tiffany & Co. opening in London this week, Pugh was asked about working with Styles. She said he was “a total professional and it was a great experience working together.”

She then spoke about the cinematography and styling — “It was a joy to walk into the hair and makeup trailer every day,” Pugh said, noting “the way that everything looks delicious and golden” — but had nothing to say about her director, Wilde.

It’s Wilde’s second film, following the success of 2019’s “Booksmart,” for which she won an Independent Spirit Award. She hired former One Direction heartthrob Styles on “Don’t Worry Darling” to replace actor Shia LaBeouf, who was caught up in a lawsuit by his former girlfriend FKA Twigs over allegations of sexual assault and “relentless” abuse. (LaBeouf has denied the claims, and the case will go before a judge next April.) Wilde famously said she had a “No A–holes” policy on set.

Wilde has further been in the headlines after being served custody papers by Sudekis while promoting “Don’t Worry Darling” in Las Vegas at CinemaCon in April, timing for which he later apologized.

Pugh is currently filming “Dune 2,” playing Princess Irulan, and another Hollywood insider told Page Six: “Florence is shooting ‘Dune’ right now and out of pocket. I’m sure she will be front and center for the [‘Don’t Worry Darling’] promo. Once the promo starts in late August, early September, I’m sure she’ll be visible.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/1/2022, 9:38 am

This story is just not going away, I mentioned the rumor during SDCC weekend but now this story seems to be gaining traction among other media outlets.

It definitely made sense as to why Jason chose to humiliate Olivia onstage when she was served the divorce papers in the middle of her presentation.

Everybody on set knew they were fucking and had to pretend otherwise when Jason and their kids came around? Fuck that's cold blooded man, they weren't even hiding that shit.

Harry Styles is an irrelevant nobody to me but Olivia Wilde turned out to be a real classy broad... Evil or Very Mad

When a married director fucks the star of their high profile movie they go to Director's Jail, which is where Rupert Sanders has spent the last decade. I wonder if Olivia will like it there because she just became instantly toxic in a high profile way right before the release of her movie. Not to forget that in Sanders case it was US Weekly cameras who outed him and Kirsten Stewart but in this case it's pretty much the other star of the movie and someone with a much higher profile than Olivia's who's refusing to be near her at a time when promotion is critical.

The only thing Olivia has going for her in this case is that she was the only married one and her and Jason don't have the insanely hardcore devotion of the Twihards to suddenly turn against her.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/1/2022, 11:43 am

I think even though Jason apologized for it, he said he had no idea she was going to be served on stage
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/1/2022, 1:55 pm

Tyger wrote:I think even though Jason apologized for it, he said he had no idea she was going to be served on stage

Planned or not, it was awesome, she deserved it and I watched that video like five times. I respect Sudeikis a lot more for not taking getting Cucked lying down.

Still it's too bad he didn't beat the shit out of that little boy band bitch when he had the chance, now Styles is MCU bound and it's too late.

I don't understand his appeal, Styles is a very average looking limey and when I first saw him, I just thought he looked just like Stranger Things Charlie Heaton because I had absolutely no idea who the fuck Styles is. But him and Heaton looking so much a like must be some poncy British thing...

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/1/2022, 3:09 pm

Holy shit, tell me more about that serving. Gonna have to youtube it or something.

okay I saw it. Pretty anticlimactic. She was probably avoiding those papers for a while (pretty easily with her security near her all the time). Getting them to her this way was pretty nice.

And after googling Florence Pugh, I learned that's the name of the lady in Black Widow. Neat-o.

Last edited by joey con carne on 8/1/2022, 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/1/2022, 3:17 pm

I'm just seeing this now. That is some savage shit but also deserved! LOL Styles did nothing wrong though, it's all her fault.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/1/2022, 4:32 pm

joey con carne wrote:Holy shit, tell me more about that serving. Gonna have to youtube it or something.

okay I saw it. Pretty anticlimactic. She was probably avoiding those papers for a while (pretty easily with her security near her all the time). Getting them to her this way was pretty nice.

And after googling Florence Pugh, I learned that's the name of the lady in Black Widow. Neat-o.

Pugh also played WWE's Paige in her biopic.

Along side her majorly increased role in the MCU and particularly The Thunderbolts, Pugh's upcoming movies also include significant roles in Nolan's "Oppenheimer" and "Dune Part II". Basically what I'm saying is her career is about to blow the fuck up.

UltimateMarvel wrote:I'm just seeing this now. That is some savage shit but also deserved! LOL Styles did nothing wrong though, it's all her fault.

Grantged, from the sound of it Olivia Wilde spreads like peanut butter and has likely fucked a bunch of other dudes before Styles but Styles was still fucking his boss, a rocked up older woman with two young kids and he took so little care that they did it at work and didn't care if people found out. I wouldn't exactly say that was nothing and If he's pulling this shit at the very start of his career, what's next?

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 8/2/2022, 12:26 am

WyldeMan wrote:
Grantged, from the sound of it Olivia Wilde spreads like peanut butter and has likely fucked a bunch of other dudes before Styles but Styles was still fucking his boss, a rocked up older woman with two young kids and he took so little care that they did it at work and didn't care if people found out. I wouldn't exactly say that was nothing and If he's pulling this shit at the very start of his career, what's next?

Styles comes from the biggest boy band of his generation, so I'd say his perception on hookups doesn't really interfere with his "career".

What was wholly fucking awesome about this is that despite him hooking up with a chick he knew was married with kids; and her being the whore who cheated on her husband and two kids; is that she came out with some bullshit about how Styles (I'll be paraphrasing this bit) "has no trace of toxic masculinity" and "how great it is that men like him are the future of the world".

What a cunt.

Last edited by Rusty on 8/2/2022, 4:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/2/2022, 4:22 am

Sounds like she broke her own “no asshole” rule on her set.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/2/2022, 9:18 am

Jake Gyllenhaal is remaking one of the greatest movies of all-time Patrick Swayze's "Road House" with Doug Liman for Amazon Prime about a UFC fighter turned bouncer.

I'm sorry Dalton but the time to be nice has passed, Gyllenhaal is now dead to me.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/2/2022, 9:30 am

Rusty wrote:Styles comes from the biggest boy band of his generation, so I'd say his perception on hookups doesn't really interfere with his "career".

What was wholly fucking awesome about this is that despite him hooking up with a chick he knew was married with kids; and her being the whore who cheated on her husband and two kids; is that she came out with some bullshit about how Styles (I'll be paraphrasing this bit) "has no trace of toxic masculinity" and "how great it is that men like him are the future of the world".

What a cunt.

Style's boy band was over before I knew they existed. You say he comes from the biggest boy band of his generation but isn't his generation almost entirely made up of Korean boy bands? I didn't even think boy bands were actually a thing after the 90s outside of Asia.

Olivia fired Shia LeBouf from Darlings because she claimed he was a horrible toxic person and then replaced him with a guy she wanted to fuck more and then did which doesn't sound toxic at all.

Thins are gonna get interesting for Olivia "Peaunt Butter" Wilde and Harry "Wife Fucker" Styles. How long do you give it before he totally fucks her over? I give it until next Summer because I'm feeling generous but I wouldn't be shocked if they were done before Thanksgiving.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/2/2022, 1:29 pm

So they've unsealed the trial documents from Heard/Deppand and as it turns out Heard was briefly an "exotic dancer" in the early years of her acting career. Depp's team suggested she was also an escort. None of this was allowed at trial.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/2/2022, 4:20 pm

Lightyear hit Disney+ today.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 8/2/2022, 5:33 pm

WyldeMan wrote:So they've unsealed the trial documents from Heard/Deppand and as it turns out Heard was briefly an "exotic dancer" in the early years of her acting career. Depp's team suggested she was also an escort. None of this was allowed at trial.

I would agree with the call to exclude. That has no relevance to the trial but to make her look bad.

WyldeMan wrote:Lightyear hit Disney+ today.

There was a lot of nerd rage over this movie but I am unsure why. I read the spoiler and gave no shits about the story. I’ll check the Lightyear thread for thoughts.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/2/2022, 5:35 pm

Rusty wrote:Styles comes from the biggest boy band of his generation, so I'd say his perception on hookups doesn't really interfere with his "career".

What a cunt.

I remember this, what a dumb thing to say. And either before or after she said this, he was wearing a dress on some magazine. jocolor
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/4/2022, 1:16 pm

Kevin Spacey Must Pay $31 Million In Damages Over ‘House Of Cards’ Firing, Sexual Misconduct, Confirms Judge
METOO - Random Thoughts - Page 4 Tcdhoo10
Kevin Spacey must pay House of Cards producer MRC nearly $31 million for alleged sexual misconduct behind the scenes of the Netflix show, a judge ruled today, saying it was not even a “close case.”

Spacey, now 63, played Frank Underwood on House of Cards and was cut from the series after allegations surfaced he sexually preyed on young men. The accusations, which included the alleged groping of a production assistant, caused MRC to conduct an investigation and ultimately terminate his acting and producing contracts.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mel Red Recana today confirmed an award handed down previously by an arbitrator in October 2020 in MRC’s favor consisting of some $29.5 million in damages and the remainder in costs and fees. The arbitrator found that Spacey’s conduct constituted a material breach of his acting and executive producing agreements.

Even in a close case, the arbitrator’s award must stand, Judge Recana wrote in his 14-page ruling.

“Here, [Spacey] fails to demonstrate that this is even a close case,” the judge said.

The judge noted that a November 2017 article on CNN.com contained allegations that Spacey engaged in a pattern of sexually predatory behavior directed at young crew members on the set of House of Cards and that once MRC became aware of the accusations, it suspended the actor, investigated, wrote Spacey out of the show’s final season and ended his acting and executive producing contracts.

Spacey attorney Jonathan E. Phillips argued that the award should be vacated, alleging the arbitrator exceeded the scope of his powers when he considered external evidence in deciding damages.

The arbitrator concluded that Spacey breached the agreements through his interactions with five specific crew members, who only came forward as part of MRC’s solicitation of allegations against Spacey, including the internal investigation MRC initiated only after Netflix made the decision to exclude Spacey from season six, Phillips and Spacey’s other attorneys further alleged in their new court papers.

While Spacey disagrees with the arbitrator’s factual findings and maintains that he did not sexually harass anyone, he understands and accepts that the arbitrator’s findings on that issue “are entitled to deference,” Spacey’s lawyers stated in their court papers.

“However, because the arbitrator committed — namely, the damages awarded to [MRC] are not rationally related to the specific breaches found by the arbitrator — [Spacey] is entitled to an order from this court vacating the award,” Spacey’s attorneys said in court papers.

But Judge Recana wrote that he was “not compelled to infer that the arbitrator’s award was not based on the breach of the parties’ agreements or that it was based on an [external] source.”

PREVIOUSLY in November: An arbitrator has ruled in favor of MRC, the production company behind House of Cards, in its case against Kevin Spacey over his firing from the show as he faced allegations of sexual misconduct.

The ruling, first reported by The Wall Street Journal, awarded MRC $29.5 million in damages and $1.4 million in attorneys fees and costs. MRC had sought the damages for lost revenue due to Spacey’s exit.

Arbitrator Bruce Friedman’s 46-page ruling was made final in October of 2020 and remains confidential, but its results became public on Monday when MRC filed a motion in Los Angeles Superior Court seeking to confirm the award. (Read it here) A three-judge arbitration panel also rejected an appeal from Spacey and his production entities, Profitt Productions and Trigger Street Productions.

In a statement, MRC said, “The safety of our employees, sets and work environments is of paramount importance to MRC and why we set out to push for accountability.”

In MRC’s motion, it said that Friedman “found that Spacey—as a result of certain conduct in connection with several crew members in each of the five seasons that he starred in and executive produced House of Cards— had repeatedly breached his contractual obligations to provide his services ‘in a professional manner’ and ‘consistent with [MRC’s] reasonable directions, practices, and policies,’ including MRC’s Harassment Policy—all without the knowledge of MRC.”

MRC’s attorney, Michael Kump of Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump Holley LLP, said, “It was a privilege representing MRC in this matter. MRC stood its ground, pursued this case doggedly, and obtained the right result in the end.”

An attorney for Spacey did not immediately return a request for comment.

House of Cards was one of Netflix’s early breakout hits, establishing the streamer’s strategy of dropping all episodes at once and making Spacey almost indelibly linked to his Machiavellian character Frank Underwood. He was set to do season six of the series, but that those plans were derailed as sexual misconduct allegations against him came to light.

In October, 2017, Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of making unwanted sexual advances when Rapp was 14. Spacey apologized, and in a statement on Twitter and said that he was “beyond horrified to hear his story.” “I want to deal with this honestly and openly, and that starts with examining my own behavior,” he wrote.

But CNN also published a report with allegations from eight anonymous crew members, complaining of harassment, groping, MRC suspended production to conduct an investigation. Based on the findings of a workplace investigator, MRC concluded that Spacey breached his acting and producing agreements “that set standards for his workplace conduct, including by breaching MRC’s Harassment Policy,” according to MRC’s filing.

The series went for one more season with Robin Wright in the lead, but MRC pursued a claim against Spacey in 2019, contending that it lost money by forcing rewrites of the entirety season six and truncating it from 13 episodes to just eight.

According to MRC, the arbitration hearing included 8 days of live testimony and 20 hours of videotaped deposition testimony.

“With one exception, the Arbitrator found the third party witnesses to be credible, and found the allegations against Spacey to be true,” according to MRC’s filing.

Spacey  also filed a counterclaim, alleging that he was owed money after he was dropped from the series and that he did not breach the contract. But that claim also was rejected in the arbitration. In recent years, Spacey has taped a series of Christmas Eve messages that he has posted on social media.

Source: Deadline

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next