BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Movie News

+3
Tyger
Rusty
ForeverBlu
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Random Movie News  - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Movie News

Post by WyldeMan 9/17/2015, 8:14 am

Tyger wrote:They really were the good old days. The longest wait would be like a teaser comes out a year before the movie, then you don't see anything for like 6 months and then the month before the movie comes out, it's fucking everywhere. TV spots, fast food chain tie-ins, all sorts of random shit. I miss all that.

As a kid I think every single preview was like "THIS SUMMER" and it would be late April or May when the trailer hit and kids would go nuts. I spent most of my summers in the movie theater from the early to mid-90s, so many great kids movies back then. Though I did also sneak into Reservoir Dogs when I was 7. That experience pretty much put a halt to my love of kids movies and I started sneaking into much more adult movies. But back on track, look at a movie like Avatar 2. The first film came out in 2009, the sequel was talked about I believe in 2008 and yet Avatar 2 is a movie that Cameron has actually been actively working on for nearly a decade before it will be released if its makes it's 2017 release date. It's not even a movie I have any interest in seeing but ten years after it was announced? Seems like if it's got VFX it's going to take years no matter what the movie is.

TV pilots are currently the bane of my existence. When I was a kid I didn't know what Upfronts were, I didn't even know what was going to be on until the new TV Guide came in the mail. Now networks announce shows and it if its on cable you've got at least two years until the pilot, if its on Amazon you get to watch the pilot, vote on it and then wait six months to find out if it will go to series and then another six months to a year before the rest of the ten episode first season premieres.

Networks are currently casting their pilots for Fall 2016. Again another season of me stalking the trades, following the casting news, posting the endless names here, then finding out EIGHT months from now at Upfronts that half of the shows I spent all that time looking forward to are not going forward at the network or being held until the following mid-season or spring '17, a year after the trailer debuted at Upfronts. It feels like we spend two years waiting for just about every tv show to debut anymore and 90% of the time I hate the pilot and don't continue with the series.

Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/21/2015, 10:44 am

According to Entertainment Weekly, Director Guillermo Del Toro confirmed news that he is still developing "Pacific Rim 2: Maelstrom." The director stated, "We are still turning in a screenplay and a budget in three weeks" Del Toro added, "As far as I'm concerned, it's not gone. We're still on it."

The Hollywood Reported posted an article earlier this week which revealed that Universal Pictures halted production on the Giant Robot-Monster mash-up due to Legendary Pictures moving its "Kong: Skull Island" film over to Warner Bros. Pictures, where the "Godzilla" franchise is housed with Legendary. The plan is for Legendary Pictures is to release the "Skull Island" film under the Warner Bros. banner and in turn release a "King Kong vs. Godzilla" crossover film after "Skull Island" and a "Godzilla" sequel.

The first "Pacific Rim" film performed poorly at the U.S. box-office in Summer 2013 by only grossing $100 Million domestically. It wasn't until "Pacific Rim" opened in the international market, mainly in China, where the film grossed over $300 Million that brought its worldwide total to $400 Million.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/29/2015, 4:05 pm

Random Movie News  - Page 3 Untitl10

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 10/29/2015, 8:12 pm

Haha, that's honesty
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/15/2016, 8:05 am

First Shot From ‘The Stakelander’, the Sequel to ‘Stake Land’
Random Movie News  - Page 3 Screen10

Here’s the first ever look at Dark Sky Films, Glass Eye Pix and Syfy’s The Stakelander, the eagerly anticipated follow-up to the acclaimed action horror hit Stake Land.

The film, based on an original screenplay by Nick Damici, was filmed in Saskatchewan.

Damici and co-star Connor Paolo reprise their Stake Land roles in the new film, which was directed by the team of Dan Berk and Robert Olsen of Last Pictures, creators of the 2015 thriller Body.

Damici, co-writer and star of We Are What We Are and Cold in July, returns in the role of Mister and Connor Paolo (Mystic River, TV’s Revenge) is back as Martin in a new adventure set a few years after the events in Stake Land, in which mankind must struggle to survive in the wake of a vampire apocalypse. Also starring are Laura Abramsen (Basic Human Needs), AC Peterson (Shooter), Bonnie Dennison (Beneath), Kristina Hughes (Green River) and Steven Williams (TV’s Supernatural).

“When his home of New Eden is destroyed by a revitalized Brotherhood and its new Vamp leader, Martin finds himself alone in the badlands of America with only the distant memory of his mentor and legendary vampire hunter, Mister, to guide him. Roaming the wilderness of a steadily decaying country, Martin goes in search of the one man who can help him get revenge. Once reunited, Mister and Martin prepare to battle a now-ravenous Brotherhood and its monstrous overlord. But it’ll take more than the two of them to take down this terrifying new threat, and with more than just their lives now at risk, the stakes are higher than ever before.”

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverBlu 9/15/2016, 1:48 pm

I love the film Stake Land.

YEAAAAAAAAS!

ForeverBlu

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/16/2016, 7:27 am

ForeverBlu wrote:I love the film Stake Land.

YEAAAAAAAAS!

I watched it years ago when it first came out but about a month back it started airing fairly regularly on cable so I just caught it a few weeks back. I remembered they long talked about a sequel but I figured like most horror sequels the talks eventually died or it'd happen with an all new cast, so I was definitely pleasantly surprised by this news. I'll share any futher updates on it with ya FB.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/5/2016, 8:19 pm

Code 8 movie from Robbie and Stephen Amell is happening I guess. That's awesome because I liked the short film.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/12/2017, 7:17 pm

Just a look at the movie year ahead, and what's to come from Hollywood Laughing

In case you haven't noticed, I love these dudes videos. Their Star Wars prequel review episodes were epic.

Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/1/2018, 5:41 pm

Random Movie News  - Page 3 0ylkjFe
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/11/2024, 1:00 pm

Kyle Gallner Set To Return For SMILE 2
Random Movie News  - Page 3 Kyle_g10
Scream king Kyle Gallner (Jennifer's Body, Scream, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Dinner in America and last year's excellent The Passenger) is due to return for Paramount Pictures and Parker Finn's as-of-now untitled sequel to 2022's smash hit horror Smile.

Joining Gallner is The Staircase's Rosemarie DeWitt, and we previously learned that Smile 2 (which is not yet the project's official name) is being lead by The White Lotus breakout Lukas Gage and Aladdin star Naomi Scott.

Starring Sosie Bacon, Kal Penn and Jessie T. Usher, Smile followed a therapist plagued by terrifying supernatural occurrences (and smiles) after witnessing the bizarre suicide of one of her patients. The film racked up a hugely impressive $200 million box office worldwide against a $17 million budget, so a sequel was pretty much a given.

Excitingly, the sequel first of part of Finn's new deal with Paramount, where he is expected to write, direct and produce films in the horror genre for the studio.

According to Variety, the sequel is set to arrive on October 18 of this year - just in time for Halloween!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/11/2024, 1:31 pm

28 DAYS LATER Sequel In The Works From Danny Boyle And Alex Garland
Random Movie News  - Page 3 9_28_d10
Game-changing British horror 28 Days Later is finally getting a second sequel, with THR reporting that 28 Years Later is "expected to hit studios, streamers and other potential buyers later this week."

That's not all though - the long-awaited zombie sequel could be the first in a brand new trilogy of sequels continuing the story first started by director Danny Boyle and writer Alex Garland back in 2002. Boyle is expected to return to direct for 28 Years Later at least, while Garland (famed for his work on Annihilation, Ex Machina, Men and the upcoming Civil War) is set to write all thee. Each movie would reportedly require a $75 million budget.

28 Days Later starred Cillian Murphy (now sweeping awards thanks to his performance in Oppenheimer) in his breakout role, Naomi Harris, Brendan Gleeson, Megan Burns and Christopher Eccleston as survivors of a contagious, apocalyptic 'rage' virus. The movie reignited interest in the zombie genre, directly influencing everything from World War Z to The Walking Dead. A first sequel, 28 Weeks Later starring Robert Carlyle, was released in 2007.

Both Boyle and Garland have previously expressed interest in returning to the world of 28 Days Later, with Boyle last year speaking to NME about the potential for a second sequel:

“I’d be very tempted [to direct it]. It feels like a very good time actually. It’s funny, I hadn’t thought about it until you just said it, and I remembered ‘Bang, this script!’ which is again set in England, very much about England. Anyway, we’ll see… who knows? It might come back into focus because one of the things that’s happening in the business at the moment is it has to be a big reason for you to go to the cinema, because there are less and less reasons. It’s hard for companies distributing films and for cinema chains to show films, they’re struggling to get people into the cinema unless it’s something like Top Gun: Maverick or a Marvel. But a third part would get people in, if it was half-decent.”

We can't imagine that any studio or streamer will pass up on the chance to get involved with 28 Years Later, so more news on plot, casting and release will surely be on the way shortly. Stay tuned.

Source: Fangoria

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/24/2024, 10:00 pm

‘Happy Gilmore 2’ Script Is Written, Says Shooter McGavin Actor: Adam Sandler ‘Showed Me the First Draft…So It’s in the Works. Fans Demand It’
Random Movie News  - Page 3 Happy-10
“Happy Gilmore 2″ is apparently being developed by Adam Sandler, and a script even exists. Shooter McGavin actor Christopher McDonald revealed the news during a radio interview on “Audacy’s 92.3 The Fan.” McDonald said he had a recent run-in with Sandler, who unexpectedly pulled out the first draft for a sequel to their 1996 sports comedy classic.

“I saw Adam [Sandler] about two weeks ago, and he says to me, ‘McDonald, you’re gonna love this,'” McDonald said. “I said, ‘What?’ He says, ‘How about that,’ and he shows me the first draft of ‘Happy Gilmore 2.’ Maybe you should cut that out [of this audio] because I don’t wanna be a liar, but he did show me that, and I thought, ‘Well, that would be awesome.’ So, it’s in the works. Fans demand it, dammit!”

Variety has reached out to Sandler’s representative for comment.

Sandler starred in and co-wrote “Happy Gilmore,” which was directed by Dennis Dugan. The sports comedy remains one of Sandler’s most popular comedies. He plays the eponymous Happy Gilmore, a hockey player with anger management issues who discovers he’s also got a talent for golf. Happy joins the golf tour circuit to win money to save his grandmother’s house and faces off against an arrogant pro named Shooter McGavin, played by McDonald. The supporting cast also included “Modern Family” favorite Julie Bowen and Carl Weathers.

Weathers died last month, and Sandler was one of the first prominent actors to pay tribute to his late co-star on social media.

“A true great man. Great dad. Great actor. Great athlete. So much fun to be around always,” Sandler wrote of his “Happy Gilmore” co-star and friend. “Smart as hell. Loyal as hell. Funny as hell. Loved his sons more than anything. What a guy!! Everyone loved him. My wife and I had the best times with him every time we saw him. Love to his entire family and Carl will always be known as a true legend.”

“Happy Gilmore” opened in 1996 and made nearly $40 million at the worldwide box office. The movie helped Sandler become one of the biggest comedy stars of the decade along with titles like “Billy Madison,” “The Waterboy,” “The Wedding Singer,” “Big Daddy” and more. Universal Pictures released “Happy Gilmore.”

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/25/2024, 11:43 am

That's a funny pic of Cillian Murphy. lol

Was anyone waiting for a Happy Gilmore sequel? Not me.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/25/2024, 1:55 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:That's a funny pic of Cillian Murphy. lol

Was anyone waiting for a Happy Gilmore sequel? Not me.

Sandler and McDonald have been talking about it for over a decade now. Last I heard they were waiting for enough time to pass because they wanted to do it about a Retirement Tour where Happy and Shooter reignite their feud thirty years later. Besides, Sandler loves sequels.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3