BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Matrix Resurrections ($156 Million Worldwide Box office)

4 posters

Go down

The Matrix Resurrections ($156 Million Worldwide Box office)  Empty The Matrix Resurrections ($156 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by WyldeMan 8/21/2019, 1:53 pm

The Matrix Resurrections ($156 Million Worldwide Box office)  Matrix10
Get ready to re-enter the Matrix.

Lana Wachowski is set to write and direct a fourth film set in the world of “The Matrix,” with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising their roles as Neo and Trinity, respectively.

Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures will produce and globally distribute the film. Warner Bros. Picture Group chairman Toby Emmerich made the announcement on Tuesday.

“We could not be more excited to be re-entering ‘The Matrix’ with Lana,” said Emmerich. “Lana is a true visionary — a singular and original creative filmmaker — and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in ‘The Matrix’ universe.”

In addition to Wachowski, the script was also written by Aleksandar Hemon and David Mitchell. Wachowski is also producing with Grant Hill. Sources say the film is eyed to begin production at the top of 2020.

Warner Bros. has been trying for the last of couple years to find a way to get back into “The Matrix” universe, but a hold-up over producing rights slowed the project down. Over the past couple of months, the studio saw an opportunity to ramp up development, with Reeves boasting a strong summer that included box office hits “John Wick 3” and “Toy Story 4” and a script from Wachowski that drummed up excitement.

Plot details are currently unknown, as is how the role of Morpheus will be handled, originally played by Laurence Fishburne. Some sources say the role may be recast for a younger take.

The three previous films —“The Matrix,” “The Matrix Reloaded” and “The Matrix Revolutions” — have collectively earned more than $1.6 billion at the global box office. All three were written and directed by Lana and her sister, Lilly, and starred Reeves and Moss.

“Many of the ideas Lilly and I explored 20 years ago about our reality are even more relevant now. I’m very happy to have these characters back in my life and grateful for another chance to work with my brilliant friends,” Wachowski said.

The first “Matrix” had its 20th anniversary this year, marked by special screenings at select AMC locations starting on Aug. 30.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 3/22/2022, 10:01 am; edited 6 times in total

Community
Hunters
Suburra: Blood on Rome
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Matrix Resurrections ($156 Million Worldwide Box office)  Empty Re: The Matrix Resurrections ($156 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by Tyger 8/21/2019, 3:38 pm

Keanu has been working so hard for me to like him again after those three terrible fucking movies
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

The Matrix Resurrections ($156 Million Worldwide Box office)  Empty Re: The Matrix Resurrections ($156 Million Worldwide Box office)

Post by WyldeMan 8/21/2019, 3:52 pm

Tyger wrote:Keanu has been working so hard for me to like him again after those three terrible fucking movies

These days, Keanu seems fully dedicated to his old franchises like his name is Sly Stallone.

John Wick, Bill & Ted and now The Matrix, it would seem this is where he plans to be spending the next few years.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/21/2019, 6:38 pm

John Wick doesn’t count, that’s new
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/21/2019, 7:13 pm

I think it's a great idea. 3 ended nicely but with the technology available today, who knows what they can do with it.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/21/2019, 8:57 pm

Tyger wrote:John Wick doesn’t count, that’s new

A franchise player is a franchise player...

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/21/2019, 9:26 pm

I’d prefer a Speed 3 over Matrix 4 which I’m sure will be stylized as The M4trix
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/22/2019, 8:06 am

Tyger wrote:I’d prefer a Speed 3 over Matrix 4 which I’m sure will be stylized as The M4trix

Speed 3??? I don't think I've ever heard that request before....

Please pitch your idea, what's the vehicle this time around?

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/22/2019, 9:46 am

Hahahahaha, I got it! Make it like a smart car, a little electric car he has to keep charged to keep moving. Speed + Crank.

Get on it, secret lurker producers!
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/22/2019, 10:25 am

Tyger wrote:Hahahahaha, I got it! Make it like a smart car, a little electric car he has to keep charged to keep moving. Speed + Crank.

Get on it, secret lurker producers!

So at one point a mobile charging station would need to be connected to prevent it from blowing up after 250 miles or is Jack now running on an electric heart that he can directly plug into the car for emergency refueling?

That's where my head went with Speed + Crank.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 8/22/2019, 11:09 am

No, just the car needs to be charged, but like the original he can’t stop or really slow down so he has to find ways to power it like Crank
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 8/22/2019, 2:13 pm

Tyger wrote:No, just the car needs to be charged, but like the original he can’t stop or really slow down so he has to find ways to power it like Crank

I meant that Keanu's electric heart would be the car's charger.

I don't really remember Crank too much.

Back to Matrix though, where would the story go next? I hated the third one so much that I never saw it more than once and have no real memory of it other than a massive CGI Hugo Weaving army.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 8/23/2019, 6:17 pm

Curious to see how Neo and Trinity survived.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/11/2019, 12:53 pm

Warner Bros Sets Release Dates For ‘The Matrix’ Sequel, ‘The Flash’ & More; ‘Akira’ Off Schedule
Warner Bros has set a slew of release dates for its movies next year and beyond, including dating the fourth installment of The Matrix for May 21, 2021, and its DC superhero stand-alone The Flash for July 1, 2022.

Among the 12 titles in the mix as the studio lines up its slate for 2020 and beyond included moving Taika Waititi’s live-action feature take on famed cult manga Akira off the release schedule. It had been set for May 21, 2021, and was allocated $18.5 million in California tax credits in the spring.

Other noteworthy moves announced Wednesday include setting an August 21, 2020 release date for Warners’ untitled Fred Hampton project, the biopic of the Black Panthers revolutionary. The studio also has a name for its latest Conjuring universe film: The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It already has a September 11, 2020 release date.

Warners also said it is moving up its Mortal Kombat movie from its original March 2021 date to January 15, 2021.

Three untitled WB Event films have been slotted, as well, for October 16, 2020; January 29, 2021; and March 5, 2021. Three other event films have been removed from the schedule, two in 2020 and one in February 2021.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/11/2019, 2:30 pm

Keanu will do battle with... Keanu as The Matrix 4 and John Wick 4 both head to theaters on May 21, 2021.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/11/2019, 3:32 pm

Seriously? I'm sure they will move one of them when they notice this error.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/12/2019, 7:20 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Seriously? I'm sure they will move one of them when they notice this error.

I'll believe the Matrix 4 will hit that release date when there's a trailer. Wick seems like the safest bet to keep it.

Matrix 4, John Wick 4, Bill and Ted 3....Keanu is all about the sequels these days.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 12/12/2019, 9:53 pm

I’m good with two of them. I’d do a John Wick/Bill & Ted double feature
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/13/2019, 9:22 am

Tyger wrote:I’m good with two of them. I’d do a John Wick/Bill & Ted double feature

I can't really say I'm excited for Matrix 4 when I only liked the first one to begin with.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/30/2020, 2:12 pm

Priyanka Chopra Jonas in Final Negotiations to Join ‘Matrix 4’
The Matrix Resurrections ($156 Million Worldwide Box office)  Priyan10
Priyanka Chopra Jonas is taking the red pill.

The actress and international beauty icon is in final talks to join the cast of the untitled fourth film in the Matrix saga, the Wachowskis’ game-changing action franchise, insiders close to negotiations said.

The Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow film is being directed by series co-creator Lana Wachowski. She’ll join the previously announced Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II and Neil Patrick Harris. Details about her prospective character are currently under wraps.

The “Matrix 4” cast has been in fight training for weeks for production start, which will begin imminently in Northern California.

Chopra Jonas is a National Film Award winner with more than 60 films to her credit. Her U.S. television debut was on the ABC drama “Quantico,” which ran for three seasons. Chopra Jonas made history as the first Indian-born actor to star as the lead of a primetime network series and won a People’s Choice Award for this role in 2016. She was featured on the cover of TIME magazine’s coveted TIME 100 issue in 2016, named as one of the “Most Influential People” in the world, and recognized as one of Forbes Most Powerful Women.

Chopra Jonas recently starred in and co-produced “The Sky is Pink,” an indie in the official selection at the Toronto International Film Festival. She’ll next be seen in Netflix’s “We Can Be Heroes,” from by Robert Rodriguez, and an adaptation of the Man Booker Prize winning novel “The White Tiger,” which she is also executive producing. She’s also developing an Indian wedding comedy with Mindy Kaling and Dan Goor for Universal, in which she is set to star and co-produce. She’ll film “Matrix 4” concurrently in tandem with “Citadel,” an Amazon series with Richard Madden from the Russo brothers.

Chopra Jonas runs her own production company, Purple Pebble Pictures, which is headquartered in Mumbai and Los Angeles.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/31/2020, 12:15 pm

Cool! Priyanka is easy on the eyes.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/31/2020, 1:33 pm

Priyanka in skintight leather and latex? I’d watch that for a couple hours
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 1/31/2020, 10:00 pm

Tyger wrote:Priyanka in skintight leather and latex? I’d watch that for a couple hours

Her casting is definitely something to drool over but I'm confused by the casting of NPH, what the hell is that about?

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 2/2/2020, 9:18 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Her casting is definitely something to drool over but I'm confused by the casting of NPH, what the hell is that about?

Has to be a character from Zion or something. I can't see him doing Martial Arts.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/10/2021, 10:21 am

‘The Matrix Resurrections’ Stuns With First Trailer
The Matrix Resurrections dropped its first trailer Thursday morning, and the tease was eye-popping with astonishing visuals that fans have come to expect from the beloved sci-fi franchise.

The first look at the highly anticipated Warner Bros. installment continued the story of Thomas Anderson (Keanu Reeves) and Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss), seemingly once again trapped inside the simulated reality controlled by machines. The preview sets up that Anderson, aka Neo, does not seem to remember his past or who he is, while he discusses his dreams with a therapist played by Neil Patrick Harris. Neo and Trinity apparently do not know each other — yet.

The three-minute trailer is perfectly stirred with Jefferson Airplane’s “White Rabbit.”

Within an hour of being posted, the trailer had nearly 1 million views on YouTube alone.

Footage of the new film, produced, co-written and directed by Lana Wachowski, was first shown at CinemaCon, where it blew the doors off the industry trade show.

The Matrix Resurrections also stars Jada Pinkett Smith (returning to the franchise) along with series newcomers Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Jessica Henwick, Jonathan Groff, Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Christina Ricci.

A joint production by Village Roadshow Pictures and Venus Castina Productions, The Matrix Resurrections will be released theatrically and on HBO Max on Dec. 22.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 9/11/2021, 7:19 pm

Nice trailer! Doesn't reveal much which is great. The cinematography looks different than the trilogy did but there is probably a reason behind that since this is a new world.

I don't like how they're using Yahya as Morpheus. The fuck is that about?!!!
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 9/12/2021, 8:20 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:Nice trailer! Doesn't reveal much which is great. The cinematography looks different than the trilogy did but there is probably a reason behind that since this is a new world.

I don't like how they're using Yahya as Morpheus. The fuck is that about?!!!

The Wachowski's said that because this story takes place so long after the original trilogy, the original Morpheus was gone but now he's also younger.

Yet Neo and Trinity are still around....

Also, Neo now looks exactly like John Wick.

None of this makes sense to me anymore but I also never thought that the Matrix was an allegory for being transgendered and then the Wachowski Brothers became the Wachowksi Sisters, so what the fuck do I really know?

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 10/7/2021, 3:15 pm

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 10/7/2021, 5:11 pm

WyldeMan wrote:

Also, Neo now looks exactly like John Wick.

That's because they're both played by the same actor. The Matrix Resurrections ($156 Million Worldwide Box office)  1f4af
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/4/2021, 7:25 pm

This is interesting! I wonder what it means for the movie.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/6/2021, 9:37 am

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/7/2021, 12:53 pm

I love all the references to the trilogy. Really looking forward to this, I hope the story doesn't suck. On the surface it looks like it's about love and he's trying to save Trinity in the Matrix.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/7/2021, 2:44 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:I love all the references to the trilogy. Really looking forward to this, I hope the story doesn't suck. On the surface it looks like it's about love and he's trying to save Trinity in the Matrix.

But below that it's just another movie about transsexuals being accepted in Hollywood, you know exactly like the previous three movies.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 12/7/2021, 4:49 pm

WyldeMan wrote:But below that it's just another movie about transsexuals being accepted in Hollywood, you know exactly like the previous three movies.

The Matrix Resurrections ($156 Million Worldwide Box office)  Giphy
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 12/8/2021, 7:28 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:But below that it's just another movie about transsexuals being accepted in Hollywood, you know exactly like the previous three movies.

The Matrix Resurrections ($156 Million Worldwide Box office)  Giphy

I didn't do this, The Wachowski Sisters have done this to us.

Community
Hunters
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/1/2022, 7:50 pm

Watched it. They should not have made this movie.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/1/2022, 10:09 pm

True, but they shouldn’t have made any of the movies
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 1/2/2022, 2:28 am

Tyger wrote:True, but they shouldn’t have made any of the movies

Nah, the first one was worth the effort. I'm not fond of it, but there's nothing wrong with trying new shit and experimenting. And if you're an "Artist" and someone else is willing to pour money into it, why not have a crack.

The follow ups though? Yeah, fuck them.

There's not a chance I'll even consider giving this one a viewing.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 1/2/2022, 3:01 pm

Yeah, trilogy was good but this new one is definitely the weakest. I say you guys watch it though and you might have a different view on it. If it's available to you for free on streaming, won't hurt to give it a shot.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 1/2/2022, 3:04 pm

I watched it cause why not and then I saw why not
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down