BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

ReleaseTheSnyderCut - Random Thoughts - Page 18 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Rusty 11/11/2019, 5:31 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Rick and Morty returned last night after a two year hiatus.

I always hear about this show. What's it about? It's not for kids, right?

It's a very adult comedy about an alcoholic mad scientist named Rick and his idiot teenage grandson named Morty. Rick and Morty travel around in Rick's homemade space ship and visit alternate timelines and worlds where they meet new people and often end up wiping out entire civilizations. Morty's parents are completely onboard no matter how much goes wrong, they just let their young son travel into one insane situation after another because he's with his grandfather.

I would absolutely not let children watch this show.

It's also fucking fantastic.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/11/2019, 8:39 pm

Rusty wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:
UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:Rick and Morty returned last night after a two year hiatus.

I always hear about this show. What's it about? It's not for kids, right?

It's a very adult comedy about an alcoholic mad scientist named Rick and his idiot teenage grandson named Morty. Rick and Morty travel around in Rick's homemade space ship and visit alternate timelines and worlds where they meet new people and often end up wiping out entire civilizations. Morty's parents are completely onboard no matter how much goes wrong, they just let their young son travel into one insane situation after another because he's with his grandfather.

I would absolutely not let children watch this show.

It's also fucking fantastic.

Well there ya go Abe, Rusty watches it, do you think it's for children now?

Dune Part II

Wylde's Favorite Series of 2024:

Fallout (Prime), The Gentleman (Netflix), Shogun (Hulu/Disney+)
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/12/2019, 10:41 am

LMFAO, Welp you can tell Disney Plus has definitely gone active. Darkwing Duck and Gargoyles are currently trending on the twitterwebs. Cool

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/12/2019, 4:40 pm

WyldeMan wrote:Well there ya go Abe, Rusty watches it, do you think it's for children now?

Guess not. I'll probably check this out. Seems like it's only 40 episodes or so.

WyldeMan wrote:LMFAO, Welp you can tell Disney Plus has definitely gone active. Darkwing Duck and Gargoyles are currently trending on the twitterwebs. Cool

Damn! I remember Gargoyles. Can't believe people are excited about that in 2019, probably 80's kids.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/12/2019, 5:45 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:Guess not. I'll probably check this out. Seems like it's only 40 episodes or so.

I don't think it's even aired 40 episodes across five years. Might as well be a British series with how many years they need for such short seasons.

UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn! I remember Gargoyles. Can't believe people are excited about that in 2019, probably 80's kids.

Gargoyles seems to be far more popular than I realized, everybody is talking about it. I remember it being a pretty adult series with lots of deep mythology and a strong voice cast but the memory of me as a child isn't always reliable. The original series creator was tweeting out today that if enough people watch it on Disney Plus then they might be able to make some new episodes after 25 years.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/12/2019, 5:47 pm

What a pile of shit...... Shocked

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/12/2019, 7:39 pm

I'm watching Galaxy Quest again. Twenty years and countless viewings later and I never tire of it. Cool

And now #KeepBingingGargoyles is trending after the creator I mentioned earlier kept tweeting and is calling on fans to make it their priority right now. He's citing the revival of Young Justice to help motivate viewers.

WOAH! cheers

Can confirm! Disney+ contains the uncut and uncensored Gargoyles! Not the Toon Disney/Disney XD edits. The show hasn't aired in this format since the mid nineties, and was only available this way on DVD.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/12/2019, 8:33 pm

I watched Gargoyles back in the day and I remember liking it, but I haven’t watched it since it originally aired. I’m not sure how it would hold up for me. Most cartoons I grew up on have not held up that well for me so I pretty much stopped rewatching them.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/13/2019, 9:35 am

Tyger wrote:I watched Gargoyles back in the day and I remember liking it, but I haven’t watched it since it originally aired. I’m not sure how it would hold up for me. Most cartoons I grew up on have not held up that well for me so I pretty much stopped rewatching them.

I'm in the same spot, you wonder how much love for the show was genuine and how much was just nostalgia of something you haven't seen in two decades. From what I'm reading of twitter most people do seem to feel like it's holding up, which is a nice surprise. Contrast that to the 1994 Spider-Man animated and everybody keeps talking about how poorly it's aged.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/13/2019, 3:09 pm

After seeing that #RocketPower is currently trending on twitter I now see that Netflix and Nickelodeon have struck a deal to try and compete with Disney.

I was hoping Disney would just buy Nick while they were gobbling up brands from my childhood. Too many streaming services, they need to keep absorbing each other until there can be only one.

Disney+ already has 10 million subs in the first 24 hours though so apparently not too many people are unhappy with the layout.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/13/2019, 6:03 pm

Trent Reznor just won a Country Music Award because of a banjo sample from a mostly instrumental Nine Inch Nails album used in “Old Town Road” and scored an upcoming Pixar movie, Soul, about the soul of a jazz musician...we're living in crazy times
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/13/2019, 6:06 pm

GOD DAMN GORGE LUCAS!! The Disney+ version of A New Hope features yet another god damned edit to the infamous Greedo Han scene. I am so tired of his edits, they make the movies unwatchable. Greedo now yells "Maclunkey!" right before he's shot. What in the fuck does that even mean....... 

The important take away from that scene was always that Han was stone cold murdering son of a bitch but they just can't let it lie, all those stupid edits that remove Han's guilt and now god damned Maclunkey?!?!?!? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/13/2019, 6:52 pm

You didn’t mention that they also shoot at the same time now
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/13/2019, 9:46 pm

I had to go a find the video on YouTube. This is the most ridiculous thing ever. It was good, why mess with it at all?

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/14/2019, 8:31 am

Tyger wrote:You didn’t mention that they also shoot at the same time now

I was too angry about Maclunkey and I've seen too many edits to try and make Han look like the good guy before but Maclunkey!?!?!?! This is inexcusable. I hate Toy Boy Lucas so god damned much.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/14/2019, 11:28 am

WyldeMan wrote:I was too angry about Maclunkey and I've seen too many edits to try and make Han look like the good guy before but Maclunkey!?!?!?! This is inexcusable. I hate Toy Boy Lucas so god damned much.

Hold on, how do you know this new "Maclunkey" version is his idea? Is he still able to make changes to those movie after he sold the rights?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/14/2019, 2:40 pm

UltimateMarvel wrote:
WyldeMan wrote:I was too angry about Maclunkey and I've seen too many edits to try and make Han look like the good guy before but Maclunkey!?!?!?! This is inexcusable. I hate Toy Boy Lucas so god damned much.

Hold on, how do you know this new "Maclunkey" version is his idea? Is he still able to make changes to those movie after he sold the rights?

Nobody has ever had the audacity to edit the original trilogy except for Toy Boy Lucas and I guaran-god-damned-tee he was behind this horseshit Maclunky edit too! It could be an old Lucas cut that we hadn't seen yet because he seemed to make a new cut every single time he sat down at a computer so there are probably hundreds of others versions with other stupid horseshit edits waiting to roll out over the next ten years too.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/15/2019, 12:09 pm

Okay, guys. I purchased a Tempur-Pedic ProAdapt (Firm) mattress. I thought Tempur-Pedic was overrated BS but I am a believer.

Besides by old Stearns and Foster and Sealy spring coil mattresses of my youth, I have not slept in a more comfortable bread in a while. My back pain has slowly subsided. No more aches and pains when I wake in the morning. Also, my bed sits pretty low and my previous shitty mattress was maybe five inches thick so I was really low to the ground. Maybe like a foot off the ground due to my bed furniture. This TP fucker is like 12 inches high and my sweet new Reverie adjustable bed base adds another four inches so I'm so much higher off the ground now.

Also, I got my flu shot today. Yay.

Lastly, someone on blu-ray.com said they make $62,500 a year at a job they have held for 24 years. Is it me or is that kind of low? That doesn't sound right at all.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/15/2019, 5:04 pm

joey con carne wrote:Okay, guys. I purchased a Tempur-Pedic ProAdapt (Firm) mattress. I thought Tempur-Pedic was overrated BS but I am a believer.

Besides by old Stearns and Foster and Sealy spring coil mattresses of my youth, I have not slept in a more comfortable bread in a while. My back pain has slowly subsided. No more aches and pains when I wake in the morning. Also, my bed sits pretty low and my previous shitty mattress was maybe five inches thick so I was really low to the ground. Maybe like a foot off the ground due to my bed furniture. This TP fucker is like 12 inches high and my sweet new Reverie adjustable bed base adds another four inches so I'm so much higher off the ground now.

Also, I got my flu shot today. Yay.

Lastly, someone on blu-ray.com said they make $62,500 a year at a job they have held for 24 years. Is it me or is that kind of low? That doesn't sound right at all.

Sounds like a comfortable sleep.

Was that poor bastard bragging about his $62,500 a year job after 24 years? When I was 21 I walked into a job at Boeing that paid $70k my first year.

And also this bullshit....

Hulu + Live TV, which launched in 2017 and steadily become the No. 1 “skinny bundle” service, is about to cost a lot more soon. The company has announced a $10-a-month price hike of its basic monthly rate to $54.99 a month, from $44.99 a month, a 22% increase.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/15/2019, 5:21 pm

Not so much bragging but saying something about being easily able to afford more expensive rent in NYC but chooses to rent cheaper so he's not padding a landlord's wallet. I'm thinking, yea, in NYC you can rent cheap, sure but on $4,000 a month after tax (rounding up), you're going not going to be in a much nicer place unless you like living paycheck to paycheck.

And yea, my starting salary as a staff accountant was $50,000 when I was 24. 62,500 was less than my third-year salary. I get everyone has different situations but dang, making 62,500 in NYC after 24 years is like having zero aspirations of career growth. It's just weird is all. I don't get it. Different strokes and all that jazz.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/15/2019, 8:41 pm

joey con carne wrote:Not so much bragging but saying something about being easily able to afford more expensive rent in NYC but chooses to rent cheaper so he's not padding a landlord's wallet. I'm thinking, yea, in NYC you can rent cheap, sure but on $4,000 a month after tax (rounding up), you're going not going to be in a much nicer place unless you like living paycheck to paycheck.

And yea, my starting salary as a staff accountant was $50,000 when I was 24. 62,500 was less than my third-year salary. I get everyone has different situations but dang, making 62,500 in NYC after 24 years is like having zero aspirations of career growth. It's just weird is all. I don't get it. Different strokes and all that jazz.

I bet his wife makes the money in his house and she also pays all the bills cause that guy took a long ride on the short bus to the middle.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/16/2019, 1:03 pm

Not only has Disney Plus still not addressed the endless stream of angry customers looking for a "resume watching" feature to be added but apparently most of the episodes are out of order on the shows and they've been badly cropped throughout too.

It seems a lot of angry customers have also been locked out of their accounts for days and are spending over 90 minutes on hold with customer service and still aren't getting through. There have been quite a few reports that many customers accounts were hacked on launch day and their usernames and passwords were changed locking them out while others used the accounts they've paid for.

Last edited by WyldeMan on 11/16/2019, 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/16/2019, 1:11 pm

Yeah, what a mess
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/16/2019, 1:12 pm

Tyger wrote:Yeah, what a mess

There also isn't nearly the amount of content I was expecting. My six year old niece loves it but there are maybe two shows I have any interest in and all their movies have release dates of summer 2020 or 2021.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/16/2019, 2:09 pm

Way to step up to the plate for your customers Disney.....

The Walt Disney Company will allow Disney+ subscribers to access episodes of The Simpsons in their original format, starting next year.   

The streaming service told the Los Angeles Times that The Simpsons will be made available in the original 4:3 aspect ratio, rather than the current 16:9.  The company is responding to an outcry from fans who said that the larger aspect ratio ruined some visual jokes.

“We presented ‘The Simpsons’ in 16:9 aspect ratio at launch in order to guarantee visual quality and consistency across all 30 seasons,” a Disney+ spokesperson said to the Times.

“Over time, Disney+ will roll out new features and additional viewing options. As part of this, in early 2020, Disney+ will make the first 19 seasons (and some episodes from Season 20) of ‘The Simpsons’ available in their original 4:3 aspect ratio, giving subscribers a choice of how they prefer to view the popular series.”

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/16/2019, 7:02 pm

The only "issue" I found was when I searched for the live-action Cinderella (Lily James), the movie is unavailable due to licensing until September 2020. I'm not sure I understand but that's kind of weird. I thought they own everything and always kept a tight leash on this kind of stuff.

They also only release one episode at a time. Boo!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/17/2019, 8:28 am

joey con carne wrote:The only "issue" I found was when I searched for the live-action Cinderella (Lily James), the movie is unavailable due to licensing until September 2020. I'm not sure I understand but that's kind of weird. I thought they own everything and always kept a tight leash on this kind of stuff.

They also only release one episode at a time. Boo!

I did not imagine you were a Cinderella fan. No, Disney have always been willing to pimp out their brands for short term cash. Netflix has several of the Marvel movies on lock for awhile so those fans can't even watch all the movies in the MCU even though it's a corner stone of their advertising for D+. I think at least four or five of the newer titles are going to be kept on Netflix for the next year.

I found licensing issues with several of the movies I wanted to watch like The Mighty Ducks, Adventures in Babysitting and Cool Runnings, just to name a few. It feels like the first few years of Disney+ are going to be a bit rough while they let their current deals with other streaming services expire. The only movies I really found to watch were Tron and Tron 2 and a couple childhoods favorites such as; Camp Nowhere, The Sandlot, Rocketeer, Heavyweights and Rookie of the Year. So unless they do another massive release of new content soon then I've only found seven movies available on the whole service that are of interest to me.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/17/2019, 10:05 am

I haven’t watched Camp Nowhere in well over a decade, how did it hold up for you?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/17/2019, 1:08 pm

I think, thus far, Cinderella is the best live-action remake. Aladdin was a ridiculous mess, Beauty and the Beef felt so miscast. Cinderella has Lily James. LOL

And thank you for your explanation. I do believe Netflix had Cinderella at some point and now it's elsewhere. One thing I was thinking about: wasn't this idea of Disney Plus in production for a long time? Surely it was a long internal discussion before it became a thing. I know Disney Plus was announced over a year ago but it had to have been in discussions for several months before that. I suppose that's not enough time to let any outstanding license agreements run out and they cannot just recall or "buy" them back.

I just find the business aspect of all this very fascinating. It sucks to actually own all your properties but because of license agreements, one does not have the right to the use of their properties.

I remember there was a deal where you could get Disney+ for $5 per month (no Hulu) if you signed up for three years prepaid. I still kind of wish I did it but at the same time I'm glad I did not because I would feel a little miffed with all the issues they are having now even if I only paid $5 a month.

Also, speaking of Adventures in Babysitting, I purchased that on bloo a little while ago and have not yet had a chance to watch it. Will have to do that soon.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/17/2019, 1:49 pm

Tyger wrote:I haven’t watched Camp Nowhere in well over a decade, how did it hold up for you?

As a kid, I damn near wore out my VHS copy of Camp Nowhere so I had remembered nearly everything perfectly even though it'd be probably 15 years since I last watched it. I thought it held up and there were no real bad surprises. Bottom line, I did not regret viewing Camp Nowhere again after all these years. Cool

joey con carne wrote:I think, thus far, Cinderella is the best live-action remake. Aladdin was a ridiculous mess, Beauty and the Beef felt so miscast. Cinderella has Lily James. LOL

And thank you for your explanation. I do believe Netflix had Cinderella at some point and now it's elsewhere. One thing I was thinking about: wasn't this idea of Disney Plus in production for a long time? Surely it was a long internal discussion before it became a thing. I know Disney Plus was announced over a year ago but it had to have been in discussions for several months before that. I suppose that's not enough time to let any outstanding license agreements run out and they cannot just recall or "buy" them back.

I just find the business aspect of all this very fascinating. It sucks to actually own all your properties but because of license agreements, one does not have the right to the use of their properties.

I remember there was a deal where you could get Disney+ for $5 per month (no Hulu) if you signed up for three years prepaid. I still kind of wish I did it but at the same time I'm glad I did not because I would feel a little miffed with all the issues they are having now even if I only paid $5 a month.

Also, speaking of Adventures in Babysitting, I purchased that on bloo a little while ago and have not yet had a chance to watch it. Will have to do that soon.

I only know Lily James from Baby Driver.

From what I recall, Disney was originally making some long term deals for their shows before they decided to get into the streaming game. Yes, D+ was in the stages for some time but most of those licenses were in place long before Disney finally caught onto just how viable streaming was, they're always really late to the game so when they were pimping their high dollar hoes for cheap short money, they were always keeping themselves locked out of their own hottest content for their own service.

I'm happy that I didn't sign up for Disney+ for that year long deal, so I decided to check it out month to month and I'm kind of hoping my niece loses interest cause I'm already annoyed by this damn app. I think if I check back in with it in a year or two it might be different but they just do not have the content to keep me interested.

Elisabeth Shue as the playmate turned neighborhood baby sitter will always have a very special place in my head. Twisted Evil

Really, all I want is for Disney to dump all of their amazing Fox content onto Hulu already. I'd been expecting it to happen when D+ launched but it's just the same boring shit they've been adding to Hulu for months now, all reality shows about bored rich housewives, people doing home remodeling or retards who can't stop baking cupcakes. They haven't added any real content in probably six months, it's like they've raided TLC and aren't even looking to their Fox catalog.  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/17/2019, 3:06 pm

"Dump all of their amazing Fox content onto Hulu"? Sir, you are forgetting that one of your favorite shows is already on Hulu ready for a rewatch: all five critically-acclaimed seasons of Prison Break! Get on that shit, bro!  Razz

I'm up to episode 13 of season one. I will finish this season. Can't promise I'll watch more afterwards.

Side note: Lady and the Tramp had a live-action remake in 2019. What the heck? Did this make it into theaters?
Edit: Apparently, this is a direct-to-Disney+ film. Ooooh they are getting into the Disney+ Originals game. Nice.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/17/2019, 3:55 pm

I always remembered the first season of Prison Break being good, but even that is a fucking mess. I tried rewatching a few years ago and couldn’t even finish.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/17/2019, 4:22 pm

joey con carne wrote:"Dump all of their amazing Fox content onto Hulu"? Sir, you are forgetting that one of your favorite shows is already on Hulu ready for a rewatch: all five critically-acclaimed seasons of Prison Break! Get on that shit, bro!  Razz

I'm up to episode 13 of season one. I will finish this season. Can't promise I'll watch more afterwards.

Side note: Lady and the Tramp had a live-action remake in 2019. What the heck? Did this make it into theaters?
Edit: Apparently, this is a direct-to-Disney+ film. Ooooh they are getting into the Disney+ Originals game. Nice.

Prison Break season one?!?!?!?! You were watching that at least six months ago when I told you to let me know if you could even finish it, LOL. Awesome to see it has continued to live up to its reputation as a pile of shit.Did you ever take another recommendation from that co-worker?

Lady and the Tramp was released on D+ launch day on November 12th and it's the very first Disney remake to skip theaters.

Tyger wrote:I always remembered the first season of Prison Break being good, but even that is a fucking mess. I tried rewatching a few years ago and couldn’t even finish.

As I was saying before..... Razz Razz Razz

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/17/2019, 6:14 pm

Yes, I have been watching the first season for several months. It's just so good I don't want it to end.

LOL

I will admit I hit the "skip 30 seconds" button a lot. A lot lot. tap tap tap tap tap tap tap
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/17/2019, 7:49 pm

joey con carne wrote:Yes, I have been watching the first season for several months. It's just so good I don't want it to end.

LOL

I will admit I hit the "skip 30 seconds" button a lot. A lot lot. tap tap tap tap tap tap tap

Even with that skip button it still feels like a real chore doesn't it?

I see that #ReleaseTheSnyderCut is trending with over 600k tweets today alone. Everybody, including the whole cast of Justice League is demanding the Snyder Cut of Justice League and for some reason the demand is blowing up today.

Way to go Walking Dead. Hey does everybody remember that super pivotal character Siddiq that Carl introduced to the group on the Walking Dead and in the process got himself killed? Well now that character Siddiq was killed in tonight's episode. It's a good thing Carl died bringing him into the show..... Evil or Very Mad

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 11/17/2019, 10:57 pm

joey con carne wrote:Yes, I have been watching the first season for several months. It's just so good I don't want it to end.

LOL

That’s about how my last attempted viewing went.

William Fichtner as Agent Malone is the only reason I even try to watch it.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/18/2019, 9:14 am

WyldeMan wrote:Even with that skip button it still feels like a real chore doesn't it?

I see that #ReleaseTheSnyderCut is trending with over 600k tweets today alone. Everybody, including the whole cast of Justice League is demanding the Snyder Cut of Justice League and for some reason the demand is blowing up today.

Way to go Walking Dead. Hey does everybody remember that super pivotal character Siddiq that Carl introduced to the group on the Walking Dead and in the process got himself killed? Well now that character Siddiq was killed in tonight's episode. It's a good thing Carl died bringing him into the show..... Evil or Very Mad

Yea, it's pretty torturous even when I skip huge segments. I liked Quinn and am a little bit sad they killed him off so fast. You can just tell some of the things that happen, this show was meant to be 13 episodes or so. But for whatever reason, Fox decided to order 20+ episodes so there is a lot of bullshit filler.

My colleague also suggested to me Money Heist but I got through the first episode of that and I'm done with it. No thanks. He likes those caper type shows but the formula gets tiresome: There's a plan for the episode. In the last fifteen minutes, something goes horribly wrong, then in the last five minutes the team miraculously fixes the problem and everything is okay. I like them in short bursts like Burn Notice (where the characters are actually likeable) but Prison Break is just so lame 90% of the time. Money Heist was tough to get through the first episode. My controller also tried to watch Money Heist and he was saying how bad the writing was. At episode three he was saying how he would keep going. Then episode four he said he's done. He will not watch anymore because it is ridiculous. So yea, no more recommendations unless it's a movie.

But since I'm a good buddy, I'll finish season one of Prison Break. Because I'm awesome like that. It might take me another few months or I can finish it this week by skipping large portions of each episode like usual.

Zack Snyder sucks at telling a story. I am skeptical about his Snyder cut. It will probably suck just as much as what we already have. Batman V Superman blew donkey balls. DC movies suck.

And I'm still not watching The Walking Dead. No thanks.

Rusty wrote:That’s about how my last attempted viewing went.

William Fichtner as Agent Malone is the only reason I even try to watch it.
I have not gotten to Fichtner yet. Is he ruthless like Quinn? I liked him in Drive Angry.

joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/18/2019, 10:03 am

joey con carne wrote:Yea, it's pretty torturous even when I skip huge segments. I liked Quinn and am a little bit sad they killed him off so fast. You can just tell some of the things that happen, this show was meant to be 13 episodes or so. But for whatever reason, Fox decided to order 20+ episodes so there is a lot of bullshit filler.

My colleague also suggested to me Money Heist but I got through the first episode of that and I'm done with it. No thanks. He likes those caper type shows but the formula gets tiresome: There's a plan for the episode. In the last fifteen minutes, something goes horribly wrong, then in the last five minutes the team miraculously fixes the problem and everything is okay. I like them in short bursts like Burn Notice (where the characters are actually likeable) but Prison Break is just so lame 90% of the time. Money Heist was tough to get through the first episode. My controller also tried to watch Money Heist and he was saying how bad the writing was. At episode three he was saying how he would keep going. Then episode four he said he's done. He will not watch anymore because it is ridiculous. So yea, no more recommendations unless it's a movie.

But since I'm a good buddy, I'll finish season one of Prison Break. Because I'm awesome like that. It might take me another few months or I can finish it this week by skipping large portions of each episode like usual.

Zack Snyder sucks at telling a story. I am skeptical about his Snyder cut. It will probably suck just as much as what we already have. Batman V Superman blew donkey balls. DC movies suck.

And I'm still not watching The Walking Dead. No thanks.

Fox never knew when to shorten seasons, 24 and Prison Break are perfect examples of the network trying to capitalize on as many commercial ad breaks across a season as possible. Watching 24 in "real time" without commercials is punishment because every 4-5 minutes you get those god damned clocks counting down at the beginning of every break and the end of every break but on streaming it's just like 20 straight seconds of beeping every time. I was barely able to get through one episode a few years back on that show.

Your college sounds like a huge MacGuyer fan as a child albeit one who never grew up and neither did his tastes. I felt the same about Money Heist as you, I struggled to get through the very first episode and then I remember I could just quit.

I have no faith in making Justice League any better by adding more scenes into a very very shitty movie and that weak little cupcake Ezra Miller will still be desecrating my memory of Barry Allen, it's a no win situation.

The Walking Dead continues to tarnish what it once was with every single new episode.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 11/18/2019, 10:47 am

Oh man, mentioning Ezra Miller made me remember what he did to Flash. I still can't get over why he ran like that. What the hell, man. I'm having flashbacks of it as I type this and I'm just getting more and more angry. How did he think it was cool? How did anyone watching him while it was being filmed think it was cool? Argh
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/18/2019, 3:40 pm

joey con carne wrote:Oh man, mentioning Ezra Miller made me remember what he did to Flash. I still can't get over why he ran like that. What the hell, man. I'm having flashbacks of it as I type this and I'm just getting more and more angry. How did he think it was cool? How did anyone watching him while it was being filmed think it was cool? Argh

My theory is that Ezra loves butt plugs and that's why he runs that way. It was like an impression of what Ezra thinks someone with actual testosterone would run like.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/18/2019, 7:52 pm

Suddenly the cast wants the Snyder cut released, the timing is suspicious how they're all speaking out now. I think he finally edited it and it's ready for release and he probably told them to get it trending. Personally, I don't want to see it. I heard him talk about his before and he planned to have Lois killed by Darkseid and make Superman evil just like those dream sequences.

UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 11/18/2019, 7:57 pm

Watchmen, Sucker Punch and BvS are all improved by his cuts and the theatrical version isn’t going anywhere so bring it on.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/19/2019, 10:25 am

Tyger wrote:Watchmen, Sucker Punch and BvS are all improved by his cuts and the theatrical version isn’t going anywhere so bring it on.

This won't be a director's cut though. I think it's a whole different story.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 11/19/2019, 11:06 am

UltimateMarvel wrote:
Tyger wrote:Watchmen, Sucker Punch and BvS are all improved by his cuts and the theatrical version isn’t going anywhere so bring it on.

This won't be a director's cut though. I think it's a whole different story.

That's exactly what a directors cut is, it's usually much different than the studio's cut. They're more reflective of the director's original vision, even if he doesn't have a whole lot of it.

Dune Part II

WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 11/19/2019, 2:01 pm

WyldeMan wrote:That's exactly what a directors cut is, it's usually much different than the studio's cut. They're more reflective of the director's original vision, even if he doesn't have a whole lot of it.

Really? I watched both versions of BvS and they weren't that different. Sure, they added a couple of scenes here and there and it made more sense but the story was the same. If this "Snyder's cut" is only adding a couple of scenes then I don't see the point. He's trying to release a completely different movie as a whole. I think Joss took over filming while they were shooting the third act, so it'll be different I think but I could be wrong. Either way, it'll suck because they've all sucked. lol
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next