BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edge of Tomorrow 2 (Sequel in Development at Warner Bros.)

4 posters

Go down

Edge of Tomorrow 2 (Sequel in Development at Warner Bros.) Empty Edge of Tomorrow 2 (Sequel in Development at Warner Bros.)

Post by WyldeMan 3/1/2019, 4:29 pm

Edge of Tomorrow 2 (Sequel in Development at Warner Bros.) Edge_o10
It's Edge of Tomorrow all over again.

Warner Bros. is developing a sequel to the Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt sci-fi movie and has brought aboard writer Matthew Robinson to develop the script, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Edge of Tomorrow filmmaker Doug Liman, Cruise and Blunt are expected to return, dependent on Robinson delivering a script they like. Robinson co-directed and co-wrote the 2009 Ricky Gervais comedy The Invention of Lying and was one of the screenwriters of the 2016 movie Monster Trucks.

Frequent Cruise collaborator Christopher McQuarrie wrote the script to the original Edge of Tomorrow, with credited screenwriters Jez Butterworth and John-Henry Butterworth. The film centered on a military PR man Cage (Cruise), who gets stuck in a time loop in the midst of an alien invasion. Every time he dies, he starts the day over. Eventually, he comes across the path of war hero Rita (Blunt), and learns that she too had once been stuck in a time loop. Every day he must convince her to help him with his cause.

Edge of Tomorrow was based on the Hiroshi Sakurazaka manga All You Need Is Kill, and somewhat controversially, was rebranded as its tagline Live. Die. Repeat. on home entertainment. The film was not considered a runaway hit commercially, making $370 million globally on a $178 budget, but it was a success with critics and has grown in popularity over the years on home entertainment. Liman, Cruise and Blunt continue to get asked about sequel possibilities in interviews, and have all spoken publicly about their interest in returning.

Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Edge of Tomorrow 2 (Sequel in Development at Warner Bros.) Empty Re: Edge of Tomorrow 2 (Sequel in Development at Warner Bros.)

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/1/2019, 5:28 pm

Nice! The first one was good.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Edge of Tomorrow 2 (Sequel in Development at Warner Bros.) Empty Re: Edge of Tomorrow 2 (Sequel in Development at Warner Bros.)

Post by Tyger 3/1/2019, 11:32 pm

WTF, why this and why now?
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/2/2019, 7:01 am

Tyger wrote:WTF, why this and why now?

They've been talking sequel off and on since the opening weekend and if a movie makes money, there will be a sequel and we all know how much Cruise loves a sequel.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger 3/2/2019, 10:24 am

Was it really a hit?? I expect this from Cruise, but kinda surprised about Blunt
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/2/2019, 10:56 am

Tyger wrote:Was it really a hit?? I expect this from Cruise, but kinda surprised about Blunt

Edge grossed $370 million worldwide, with $100 million domestic and $270 million foreign, on a production budget of $180 million.

So yes, it made some money but I don't expect Blunt to return.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 3/2/2019, 11:21 am

Didn't really need a sequel but I'll take it. I hope Emily returns too, I liked her character.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 3/2/2019, 6:46 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Tyger wrote:WTF, why this and why now?

They've been talking sequel off and on since the opening weekend and if a movie makes money, there will be a sequel and we all know how much Cruise loves a sequel.

I was about to say that. Every time he has a drop in his schedule, all of a sudden a planned sequel to a Cruise movie pops up - even if it never really warranted it.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 3/3/2019, 6:20 am

Rusty wrote:I was about to say that. Every time he has a drop in his schedule, all of a sudden a planned sequel to a Cruise movie pops up - even if it never really warranted it.

I feel like the entire last decade of Cruise's career has been dedicated solely to his sequels. Maybe he'll squeeze this one in between Top Gun 2, Jack Reacher 3 and Mission Impossible 9.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down