Random Thoughts

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan on 9/27/2018, 5:29 pm

And in continuing his trend of only playing real life people, here's Tom Hanks as Mr Rogers..... Shocked

WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 9/27/2018, 6:00 pm

Looking forward to it, the documentary was great
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/27/2018, 7:18 pm

@Tyger wrote:Looking forward to it, the documentary was great

Did it reveal a disturbing side of Mr Rogers? I always thought that he was probably getting up to terrible things in his basement when the camera wasn't on.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 9/27/2018, 8:17 pm

Nope, the worst thing was finding out the mailman was gay and telling him he couldn’t be seen at gay clubs, but if I remember correctly he apologized for that later. He also fought against mainstream TV for awhile which I don’t agree with.

He was pretty much who you saw on the show
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/1/2018, 6:32 pm

Alita: Battle Angel has been pushed back to February.

Sad

A PG-13 version of Deadpool 2 will be released in December. I thought it was a joke when my brudda told me but it turns out it's true. I did not see the news on this if it was posted here.

I have had a cold for a few days. I think my lack of sleep is finally starting to kick my ass. Time for bread and it is not even 11pm. Been sleeping around 9pm lately and I do feel a bit better. Not even in the mood to watch rasslin’. Ugh
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/1/2018, 8:02 pm

@joey con carne wrote:A PG-13 version of Deadpool 2 will be released in December. I thought it was a joke when my brudda told me but it turns out it's true. I did not see the news on this if it was posted here.

I have had a cold for a few days. I think my lack of sleep is finally starting to kick my ass. Time for bread and it is not even 11pm. Been sleeping around 9pm lately and I do feel a bit better. Not even in the mood to watch rasslin’. Ugh

I posted about the DP PG-13 cut in the DP2 thread the other day. I bet it makes a lot more money and Disney mandates no more R-Rated comic films beginning in 2019.

When I was in my 20's I never went to bed before the sun came up or woke up before 10 am but in my 30s I'm ready to pass out my 10pm but then I'm up for the day by around 3am so I never really feel too good.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 10/1/2018, 8:33 pm

Nah, if they film for both R and PG-13 it’s that much more revenue.

I feel like even when I sleep I’m not really sleeping. Fuckin 30's man.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/1/2018, 8:46 pm

@Tyger wrote:Nah, if they film for both R and PG-13 it’s that much more revenue.

I feel like even when I sleep I’m not really sleeping. Fuckin 30's man.

Might as well be 60 most days, I feel like an old man. Way too many injuries during my youth that all suddenly caught up with me when I hit 30. My knees, back and hands feel wrecked now and I can't imagine how bad it'll be if I manage to not die in the next few years. Razz
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/2/2018, 2:45 pm

Do any of you guys buy used Blu-rays? Over the last 3 years I've really stopped buying them all together and have been slowly parting my collection out to friends and family and I figured I'd ask if any of you were interested in any of them before I went the ebay route cause some of you are probably still always adding more physical titles to your collections while I am about 100% streaming these days and looking to sell mine.

I can type up a full list, take pics of anything you're interested in but before I do all that, I just wanted to find out if I should even bother.

I've still got shows like Fringe, Chuck, Spartacus, The League, It's Always Sunny, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Game of Thrones, Arrow and Supernatural and a couple dozen movie titles as well.

I also have some PS3 games for anybody still into what the kids today would call "old school gaming" with titles like GTA 4 & 5, Fallout 3 & New Vegas, a couple Assassin's Creeds and a few Maddens and some other titles I'm forgetting but can provide more info on a list if wanted, just let me know fellas.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/2/2018, 3:56 pm

It depends if you still kept the slips. You know I'm all about slipcovers and shit. How do we go about paying you? Do you accept checks? Do you know what Paypal is?
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/2/2018, 4:25 pm

@joey con carne wrote:It depends if you still kept the slips. You know I'm all about slipcovers and shit. How do we go about paying you? Do you accept checks? Do you know what Paypal is?

In the cases of the tv shows nearly all have slip sleeves but the movie slips I pretty much burned them all and posted pictures to spite the BD users several years ago so not a lot of movie slips.

Yes, Paypal is familiar to me. Cool
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 10/2/2018, 5:48 pm

Like you Wylde, I stopped buying BDs a long time ago. I have like 15 and I got them when blu-ray was first new. I used to buy them for $30 back then. I didn't know any better back then but I am a Spider-Man fan and I bought the Tobey collection for $60.............FUCK ME!!! Evil or Very Mad I have learned my lesson.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/2/2018, 7:18 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Like you Wylde, I stopped buying BDs a long time ago. I have like 15 and I got them when blu-ray was first new. I used to buy them for $30 back then. I didn't know any better back then but I am a Spider-Man fan and I bought the Tobey collection for $60.............FUCK ME!!! Evil or Very Mad I have learned my lesson.

I think my last BD purchase was Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and then I started streaming not long after and there are so many thousands of options daily between Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime alone that I find that there is just no need for physical copies anymore and thought while I was cleaning out my shelves I should at least let you guys know given that we once started out as a BD community each growing our collections as much as we could.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/3/2018, 5:07 am

I do buy physical bloos from time to time. But only the ones I will watch repeatedly. I may blind buy a bloo I am interested in, however. For example, I found out about a film called Airport from 1970. It looks really interesting and got good marks on video and audio quality. It is selling for $7.25 on Amarzon. I am strongly considering buying it. It is cheaper than a night out so why not.

I do prefer physical media over streaming because sometimes I can tell the difference in quality. Not a total dealbreaker for me but sometimes I prefer the loud booms and gunfire without the compression.

The last three films I purchased were in December 2017, January 2018, and February 2018. The 6th Day, XXX, and The Ultimate Avengers Collection. This last one is a collection of three animated Avengers movies and it only cost me $7. I needed that to get me some HDMI connectors which required a minimum purchase of $25 even with Amarzon Prime membership (bullshit, I know). The three movies are actually pretty good. Great video and audio quality, too. In fact, I think I will rewatch them this week.

I realize some of my posts are long. Thanks for reading, homies.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/3/2018, 5:23 am

@joey con carne wrote:I do buy physical bloos from time to time. But only the ones I will watch repeatedly. I may blind buy a bloo I am interested in, however. For example, I found out about a film called Airport from 1970. It looks really interesting and got good marks on video and audio quality. It is selling for $7.25 on Amarzon. I am strongly considering buying it. It is cheaper than a night out so why not.

I do prefer physical media over streaming because sometimes I can tell the difference in quality. Not a total dealbreaker for me but sometimes I prefer the loud booms and gunfire without the compression.

I remember Airport with Lancaster, Martin and Bissett. Been a real long time since I saw it though.

Ten years ago my audio and picture quality were everything to me, I'd freshly been spoiled by high def movie viewing but now, I only care that it looks better than a VHS copy. I seem to have lost all interest in any of audio visual those things that once mattered so much to me, maybe it's age thing.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/3/2018, 7:36 am

China Orders Fan Bingbing to Pay $70 Million Over Tax Evasion

Fan Bingbing has been ordered to pay the equivalent of more than $100 million in taxes and fines, Chinese state-run media outlet Xinhua reported Tuesday, according to Bloomberg.

Citing Chinese taxation authorities, Xinhua said Tuesday that Fan has been ordered to pay around 420 million yuan, equivalent to approximately $70 million U.S. dollars, on top of back taxes totaling $37 million. She may also be hit with further fines. No further information was provided about the actress’ legal situation.

Soon after the story was announced, Fan posted an apology on Chinese social media platform Weibo, according to The Hollywood Reporter. “I failed my country which nurtured me; I failed the society which trusted me; I failed the fans who liked me,” she said in her first public statement in months.

“I totally accepted all of them, and will raise funds to pay my taxes and penalties regardless of any obstacles,” she said about the penalties imposed on her.

CAA, Fan’s American representatives, did not immediately respond to TheWrap’s request for comment.

One of the most popular actresses in China, Fan hasn’t been seen in public or heard from since an early June visit to a children’s hospital in Tibet. Her absence prompted speculation that the Chinese government had quietly arrested her.

CNN reported last month that on Sept. 6, the state-run news outlet Securities Daily said in a since-deleted article that Fan had been brought “under control… to receive legal judgment.” Back in May, state tabloid Global Times said that she had a “yin-yang contract,” a term used to refer to when two contracts are signed with different salary amounts, with the smaller amount being reported on tax returns. In this case, Fan was said to have a public film contract for $1.5 million and a smaller one for $7.5 million. She denied it.

Over the past five years, Fan has risen to become one of the most successful stars in China’s rising film industry, earning major awards throughout Asia and lucrative luxury brand ad deals. She’s also taken a step into the world of Hollywood blockbusters with a minor role in “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” “Iron Man 3,” and the Chinese dub of “Despicable Me 3.”
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/3/2018, 9:00 am

It’s a good thing she is so famous and has enough money to pay up.

What a loser.

It appears BingBing is a popular name in China much like Jennifer.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/3/2018, 10:41 am

@joey con carne wrote:It’s a good thing she is so famous and has enough money to pay up.

What a loser.

It appears BingBing is a popular name in China much like Jennifer.

Really???
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/3/2018, 12:44 pm

I only think that because there are two BingBings which are famous

BingBing Li and BingBing Fan

Which is why I figured it was a popular name a la Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Lawrence, etc.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 10/3/2018, 1:51 pm

Wow! Where is the respect? It never ends with this guy. He picks her and then has the audacity to say something like that.

UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/3/2018, 2:01 pm

I love the wildcard factor so much.

I know Trump hates me but I just dig his lack of filter and overall doucheness.

He is such a dick but I just can’t help but enjoy hearing him belittle everyone.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/3/2018, 2:12 pm

@joey con carne wrote:I love the wildcard factor so much.

I know Trump hates me but I just dig his lack of filter and overall doucheness.

He is such a dick but I just can’t help but enjoy hearing him belittle everyone.

It's not that Trump lacks a filter it's that he's a full blown dementia case and speaks total nonsense or old school hate with every breath.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/3/2018, 3:38 pm

It’s cool, yo! Part of the fun of this presidency is watching all the people having ulcers whenever Trump does and says some stupid crap.

2020 - Keep America Great!

Down with fake news!

Trump will probably win again and it will be glorious watching the outrage.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 10/3/2018, 7:27 pm

I can't take another 4 years with him man. It's up to the people but hopefully people learn, all election hacking aside.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/3/2018, 9:43 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:I can't take another 4 years with him man. It's up to the people but hopefully people learn, all election hacking aside.

You really think that fat fuck of golf cart riding coronary has that years left? He's one Quarter Pounder in bed away from stroking out.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 10/3/2018, 9:45 pm

We’re not that lucky.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/4/2018, 2:00 pm

“Suge” Knight Gets 28 Years In Prison
The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said today that Marion “Suge” Knight has been sentenced to 28 years in prison for the 2015 hit-and-run death of a man near the set of a commercial being shot for the N.W.A biopic Straight Outta Compton. The incident happened while the Death Row Records co-founder was out on bail in a robbery case.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/4/2018, 6:50 pm

I read if he maxes out his good behaviour credits, he will do about 20 years in prison.

I'm trying to figure it out but the wikipedia is a jumbled mess. How many years (and what years, specifically) has Suge Knight been in prison? I feel like he's been locked up a lot, gets out, gets locked up again, gets out, then gets locked up again.

I guess having street cred is more important to him than banging chicks and having steaks for dinner.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/4/2018, 7:38 pm

@joey con carne wrote:I'm trying to figure it out but the wikipedia is a jumbled mess. How many years (and what years, specifically) has Suge Knight been in prison? I feel like he's been locked up a lot, gets out, gets locked up again, gets out, then gets locked up again.

He's been out of prison for probably 10 years out of the last 30 but he's never out too long, he likes to go back every few years.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/6/2018, 5:19 pm

NY Comicom! 15 more hours and I'll be there. Woot woot
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 10/6/2018, 8:40 pm

@joey con carne wrote:NY Comicom! 15 more hours and I'll be there. Woot woot

Cool! How much did you pay for tickets?
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/6/2018, 9:12 pm

Tickets were $50. Same price every year which is kind of nice. They have not raised the price as long as I have been going (past five years or so).
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/7/2018, 7:07 am

@joey con carne wrote:Tickets were $50. Same price every year which is kind of nice. They have not raised the price as long as I have been going (past five years or so).

Are you attending any panels or are you gonna be spending the majority of the Con showing the pretty little things in cosplay why they call you Joey the Meat?
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/8/2018, 7:24 am

I did not attend any panels. Sunday has very few of them, as I understand it.

I did check out a few cool games coming out like Megaman, The Last Remnant Remastered, and I bought a few independent comic books.

All in all, it was a pretty good time. I also saw Trish Stratus, Lita, Christian, and The Godfather/Papa Shango.

I also just read about the McGregor and Nurmagomedov fiasco. What a loser Nurmagomedov is. As Trump would say: "A total loser." I hope his career as a fighter gets fucked. Is there a rule like boxers where you're not allowed to fight outside the ring?
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/8/2018, 8:34 am

@joey con carne wrote:I did not attend any panels. Sunday has very few of them, as I understand it.

I did check out a few cool games coming out like Megaman, The Last Remnant Remastered, and I bought a few independent comic books.

All in all, it was a pretty good time. I also saw Trish Stratus, Lita, Christian, and The Godfather/Papa Shango.

I also just read about the McGregor and Nurmagomedov fiasco. What a loser Nurmagomedov is. As Trump would say: "A total loser." I hope his career as a fighter gets fucked. Is there a rule like boxers where you're not allowed to fight outside the ring?

No panels? What'd it cost you to just go walk around is that just a day pass?

What were those old wrasslers doin there?

Nurmagomedov was still pissed from when McGregor went Ape on his bus last Spring. Now McGregor lost the fight and my respect when he tapped like a bitch. Evil or Very Mad
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/9/2018, 6:46 am

A ticket was $50 to get in. We just walked around and checked out some of the goodies.

My brudda got two of his comics sent to CGC to have them certified. I bought him a Cable action figure from Marvel Legends (which was actually pretty dope).

I bought a few independent comics:

1. Exilium - Issues 1 through 5 (of 6 which will be released next year). The creator/artist/writer was there and he signed them all for me.

2. Cherry Blackbird

3. The Infernal Pact

4. Adversary - The creator also personalized the book for me. He drew a picture of a tree (like A Tree Grows in Brooklyn pun) and signed off on the book. Cooooooool.

There is a publisher called Alterna Comics (not alternative lifestyle, which is what I thought at first) and they print comics on the old-school newspaper print. The thin papers if you remember them. I was interested in seeing them at Comicom but they did not have a booth.

I went on their website last night and purchased 37 comics, all complete runs of stories, for $65.25 shipped. That comes out to about $1.77 per issue. Each story is about four issues long. I'm pretty excited to read them.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/13/2018, 7:45 pm

I just learned about Iron Sky: The Coming Race is coming out sometimes next year. Have any of you guys seen the first one? I think Wylde mentioned he saw it.

I'm in to check this out. I like the first one.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/14/2018, 5:03 pm

Time for 90 Day Fiance. It's the tell-all where all the couples get together and dish out on themselves and each other. Best cringe-fest reality show ever!
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/14/2018, 6:44 pm

@joey con carne wrote:Time for 90 Day Fiance. It's the tell-all where all the couples get together and dish out on themselves and each other. Best cringe-fest reality show ever!

90 Day Fiance? Ok, here's my guess as to the plot based on that title and no other information.

Two people who have never met before are selected at random from the population to participate in a live television experience, where they will live together and agree to an engagement lasting 90 days after which period they will engage in Mortal Kombat where only one can be crowned with the title of 90 Day Fiance.

How close am I?
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/14/2018, 7:56 pm

Pretty close! You just described, very closely, a different show called Married at First Sight except there is no Mortal Kombat fight. Their life is just filmed and we, the viewers, get to laugh at how everything goes tits up.

This one is about one American person who "finds love overseas" and they go meet the other person, get engaged, and then bring them over to the United States under a K-1 Visa which gives them 90 days to get married. All the couples so far in this show are just engaged. No marriage yet because now they have to go through the visa process.

This show is a massive cringe-fest from start to finish. Two hours every Sunday night and I love every minute of it!
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/14/2018, 8:02 pm

@joey con carne wrote:Pretty close! You just described, very closely, a different show called Married at First Sight except there is no Mortal Kombat fight. Their life is just filmed and we, the viewers, get to laugh at how everything goes tits up.

This one is about one American person who "finds love overseas" and they go meet the other person, get engaged, and then bring them over to the United States under a K-1 Visa which gives them 90 days to get married. All the couples so far in this show are just engaged. No marriage yet because now they have to go through the visa process.

This show is a massive cringe-fest from start to finish. Two hours every Sunday night and I love every minute of it!

Has anybody with class ever appeared on one of these shows or are they all Jacksonville DJs?
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/16/2018, 8:57 am

Most of the people on the show are not from big cities. For some reason the Americans are so desperate to get married. They talk to the person online and within months want to fly over there and propose. There was one girl from Arizona who actually married her guy but he was actually from England and not a third-world country like other couples from Philippines or Nigeria.

It’s pretty nuts. The guy from England has a criminal record and was denied visas to the US in the past so they decided to get married in England but because of his record he may never be able to come into the US. He was arrested and incarcerated in the past for fighting. Anyways, the girl was so desperate to get married but now they need to deal with the K-1 visa process which, again, may reault in nothing if the guy is denied due to his record.

The show is pure insanity. It must be experienced. I watch it weekly and thank the gods my life is semi-calm.

I read the spoiler to Bad Times at the El Royale and I must say I do not care for it.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/16/2018, 9:34 am

@joey con carne wrote:Most of the people on the show are not from big cities. For some reason the Americans are so desperate to get married. They talk to the person online and within months want to fly over there and propose. There was one girl from Arizona who actually married her guy but he was actually from England and not a third-world country like other couples from Philippines or Nigeria.

It’s pretty nuts. The guy from England has a criminal record and was denied visas to the US in the past so they decided to get married in England but because of his record he may never be able to come into the US. He was arrested and incarcerated in the past for fighting. Anyways, the girl was so desperate to get married but now they need to deal with the K-1 visa process which, again, may reault in nothing if the guy is denied due to his record.

The show is pure insanity. It must be experienced. I watch it weekly and thank the gods my life is semi-calm.

I read the spoiler to Bad Times at the El Royale and I must say I do not care for it.

Being desperate for marriage sounds like something only people who have allowed their heads to be fucked all their lives with due to religion would partake in. How often are these nutcases on your show religious?
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 10/16/2018, 1:19 pm

The only person religious was a Pilipino girl. She and her parents attended a church service where people were screaming and crying and just going ape in the church. The guy was like wtf is happening?

But these people usually fall for a hot person in another country and they know they will never get someone so good-looking in America so they latch on tight.

For real, you have to watch it. It’s such a good show. Every week I set my expectations low because I tell myself it can’t be worse than last week. And week after week they continue to shock and awe.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 10/16/2018, 1:32 pm

@joey con carne wrote:The only person religious was a Pilipino girl. She and her parents attended a church service where people were screaming and crying and just going ape in the church. The guy was like wtf is happening?

But these people usually fall for a hot person in another country and they know they will never get someone so good-looking in America so they latch on tight.

For real, you have to watch it. It’s such a good show. Every week I set my expectations low because I tell myself it can’t be worse than last week. And week after week they continue to shock and awe.

That's nuts. So it's the same kind of people who purposely get pregnant or get someone pregnant so they don't have to be alone or to trap someone much hotter than them. Sounds like a relationship built on a very strong foundation which will absolutely not lead to infidelity within the first year.

I think I saw that show or another 30 day fiancee spinoff listed on Netflix the other day. Razz
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum