@Rusty wrote:A message for Wylde.  Cool

But I may do some of this....

WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan on 9/4/2018, 6:12 am

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom is now available to watch. Happy Birthday to me!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/4/2018, 10:59 am

Amazon became the second company worth $1 trillion on Tuesday morning, with the tech giant hitting the milestone one month after Apple became the first to do so.

A 2 percent jump in early trading pushed Amazon past the $2,050.27 per share mark it needed to hit a $1 trillion valuation. Shares dipped slightly afterwards, but were still up about 1 percent on the day. The Seattle-based company has enjoyed a banner year so far, with Amazon’s shares surging by more than 70 percent in 2018.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 9/4/2018, 7:43 pm

What's up, you wonderful bastards.

Been on a little bit of a internet hiatus. Why? I don't know! Just wound up playing Devil May Cry 4 all weekend and Grand Theft Auto 5 online.

I know I mentioned I would upload some photos of my (mostly finished) basement. Will do that soon, for real.

I started watching Kim's Convenience on Netflix. Pretty funny show and I was actually pretty surprised at how good it can be at times.

Okay, time for bread. Focking tired as crap.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/4/2018, 10:33 pm

@joey con carne wrote:What's up, you wonderful bastards.

Been on a little bit of a internet hiatus. Why? I don't know! Just wound up playing Devil May Cry 4 all weekend and Grand Theft Auto 5 online.

I know I mentioned I would upload some photos of my (mostly finished) basement. Will do that soon, for real.

I started watching Kim's Convenience on Netflix. Pretty funny show and I was actually pretty surprised at how good it can be at times.

Okay, time for bread. Focking tired as crap.

Kim's Convenience sounds like a sitcom in a Korean grocery store.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 9/5/2018, 5:07 am

That is exactly what the show is about, sir.

You can tell the parents are fluent English speakers and fake the FOB accent, though. That is kinda whack but after a few episodes I didn’t really think about it much.

Typing this on the train going to work. Ugh
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/5/2018, 6:59 am

@joey con carne wrote:That is exactly what the show is about, sir.

You can tell the parents are fluent English speakers and fake the FOB accent, though. That is kinda whack but after a few episodes I didn’t really think about it much.

Typing this on the train going to work. Ugh

If I was wrong, my prediction was gonna sound super racist. Razz

Have you seen Fresh off the Boat yet? That show cracks me up, not on a Goldberg level of childhood nostalgia but it has some really great moments and nobody does fake accents. All episodes are on Hulu.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 9/5/2018, 8:24 pm

I saw the Smashing Pumpkins last night on their Bright and Oh So Shiny tour and it was one the best concerts I’ve ever been to. More than a concert, the whole production made it an art piece. 3 hour show, but it flew by.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/6/2018, 4:34 am

@Tyger wrote:I saw the Smashing Pumpkins last night on their Bright and Oh So Shiny tour and it was one the best concerts I’ve ever been to. More than a concert, the whole production made it an art piece. 3 hour show, but it flew by.

Great to hear you enjoyed the show, that is one 90's band that seems to have held up quite well.

Not sure if you knew this but Billy Corgan is a lifelong wrestling fan and recently bought the NWA wrestling promotion aka Ahmurica's Oldest wrestling company and I've been seeing him constantly promoting it. He just had to miss the huge All In indy event event a few days ago because he had a Pumpkins concert the same night across town. A year ago, I never would have thought the Pumpkins would be back together or suddenly the most prestigious but forgotten title in wrestling history would also be owned by Corgan, he's really having quite an interesting second act.

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 9/6/2018, 4:42 am

I can honestly say, I've never heard a Smashing Pumpkins song I liked.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/6/2018, 4:48 am

@Rusty wrote:I can honestly say, I've never heard a Smashing Pumpkins song I liked.

REALLY? The Pumpkins were one of those inescapable 90's bands, especially where I grew up and they still get daily radio play.

You don't even like Disarm???

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 9/6/2018, 4:59 am

@WyldeMan wrote:
@Rusty wrote:I can honestly say, I've never heard a Smashing Pumpkins song I liked.

REALLY? The Pumpkins were one of those inescapable 90's bands, especially where I grew up and they still get daily radio play.

You don't even like Disarm???

Spoiler:

My 90's music was all Hip Hop. From PE, Ice-T and Ice-Cube, to Souls of Mischief, GangStarr, Wu-Tang, and A Tribe Called Quest - and every underground artist in between.

I hated the indie rock crap of that era. Nirvana was bearable, but everything else sounded like garage bands re-imagining U2 songs, which was bad enough considering U2 made terrible fucking music.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/6/2018, 6:08 am

@Rusty wrote:My 90's music was all Hip Hop. From PE, Ice-T and Ice-Cube, to Souls of Mischief, GangStarr, Wu-Tang, and A Tribe Called Quest - and every underground artist in between.

I hated the indie rock crap of that era. Nirvana was bearable, but everything else sounded like garage bands re-imagining U2 songs, which was bad enough considering U2 made terrible fucking music.

My 90's music scene was extremely diverse because everybody listened to a different style of music in my family so I was exposed to a wide variety and I had access to THREE radio stations all the way from Seattle, home of the "indie rock crap" so it will always play a big part to the soundtrack of my youth, it was EVERYWHERE and inescapable.

My one radio station that played rap and hip hop only played censored versions which were heavily edited or silenced the swear words which is like every other word in that genre. It wasn't until I was old enough to ride my bike to the local Encore music and steal the uncensored versions of those artists that I started to have an appreciation for them. Razz
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 9/6/2018, 10:29 am

Diversity is good, I remember not only when MTV played actual music videos, but before the blocks of genres so you could go from Alanis Morrissette to Coolio to Garth Brooks to whatever and whoever, genre be damned.

Yeah, Billy's been outspoken about his love of wrestling forever, he's owned or been involved in multiple companies. I just saw him wearing an NWA shirt in an interview promoting the Pumpkins show in Seattle that was webcast. Wrestling is also an interest he shares with Rick Rubin who produced his last solo album and the new SP material.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/6/2018, 11:03 am

@Tyger wrote:Diversity is good, I remember not only when MTV played actual music videos, but before the blocks of genres so you could go from Alanis Morrissette to Coolio to Garth Brooks to whatever and whoever, genre be damned.

Yeah, Billy's been outspoken about his love of wrestling forever, he's owned or been involved in multiple companies. I just saw him wearing an NWA shirt in an interview promoting the Pumpkins show in Seattle that was webcast. Wrestling is also an interest he shares with Rick Rubin who produced his last solo album and the new SP material.

Back in the day, I'd see Alice in Chains, Snoop Dogg, Pearl Jam, Pumpkins, NIN and Dre all within 30 minutes on MTV so as you said, there was definitely a time and place for it.

Billy was shortly involved with Impact wrestling a few years ago but Jeff Jarrett caused so many problems for him that Corgan ended up going and buying another promotion, the NWA which proved to me he clearly loves pro-wrestling and it wasn't just a stunt. Though prior to his involvement in the sport, I hadn't seen or heard anything from him or the Pumpkins in a very long time but now he's everywhere and I see him giving interviews on it weekly.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 9/6/2018, 11:48 am

He appeared on WWF or whatever back in like 2000 I think and he started his own wrestling company about 10 years ago that I think dissolved after a few years. Hell, he even named a song G.L.O.W.

I’m not a wrestling fan, but I prefer he talks about that than some of the other shit he tends to talk about when the focus gets away from music.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/6/2018, 12:33 pm

@Tyger wrote:He appeared on WWF or whatever back in like 2000 I think and he started his own wrestling company about 10 years ago that I think dissolved after a few years. Hell, he even named a song G.L.O.W.

I’m not a wrestling fan, but I prefer he talks about that than some of the other shit he tends to talk about when the focus gets away from music.

I didn't know any of that info. Shocked 

Are you not a wrestling fan because of the WWE's shitty product or were you never a fan even as a kid in the WCW days?
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 9/6/2018, 2:08 pm

It’s something that I never cared much about. I remember liking Hulk Hogan as a kid, but only ever watched wrestling with a cousin who liked it. I watched it again for a minute in high school when The Rock and Steve Austin were big, but that didn’t last long either.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/7/2018, 9:43 am

Ohh yeah! I just got in the Meater!!! Cool 

For those of you who don't keep up with the latest in cooking or grilling tech, it's the first wireless meat thermometer that you can monitor with your phone or tablet through a simple app. You just pop the stainless probe into whatever you're cooking or grilling and no need to keep checking the meat cause not only can you monitor it from your screen it can alert you at specific temps. I'm really lookin forward to tryin it out tonight.

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/8/2018, 5:27 am

DARPA = Skynet

The Pentagon is going to spend $2 billion on AI because things are getting serious now
If North Korea’s dear leader wakes up tomorrow, takes a crazy pill and decides to lob a nuclear missile at the U.S. mainland, there’s a good chance the military will be relying on artificial intelligence to protect us.

Reuters reported earlier this summer on the existence of a secretive military effort — actually, of multiple classified programs in various stages that are all focused on the development of AI-reliant systems to help us anticipate the launch of a missile, as well as to track launchers. In North Korea and, of course, beyond.

Fears about runaway AI notwithstanding, the Pentagon is now apparently taking that kind of an effort and planning to crank it up to 11. The Pentagon’s research agency DARPA announced today it will be spending $2 billion on AI, the focus of which, according to CNN, will include “creating systems with common sense, contextual awareness and better energy efficiency. Advances could help the government automate security clearances, accredit software systems and make AI systems that explain themselves.”

John Everett, the deputy director of DARPA’s Information Innovation Office, told CNN the agency’s new investment may ultimately get even bigger than that $2 billion. The way he put it — the agency thinks it can accelerate two decades of progress into five years.

In many respects, it’s an investment that comes not a moment too soon. Other nations are likewise making no secret about stepping up their investments into AI, and probably our strongest rival in this area, China, has said it wants to be the global leader in a few years.

During his appearance this week on Joe Rogan’s podcast, noted AI-phobe Elon Musk said he thinks one reason China is poised to potentially take the lead is because of how its politicians generally have a scientific bent. “They’re pretty good at science in China,” he said on the show. “The mayor of Beijing has, I believe, an environmental engineering degree, and the deputy mayor has a physics degree. I met them.”

Reuters‘ reporting in June uncovered that the Trump administration was proposing a tripling of funding in next year’s budget to $83 million for one of those AI-based missile efforts, a funding increase that had not been previously made public.

It’s a comparatively small amount when stacked up against adversaries like Russia and North Korea. But it shows how the U.S. military is getting more serious about relying on AI, whether it’s for missile systems or tools that have yet to be developed.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/8/2018, 5:30 am

Two decades of technological weapons advancements in five years? Shocked Shocked

Why not go full throttle while you can just throw limitless tax payer money at it, what could go wrong? Especially when playing Gods in a science lab, never backfires.

The most important part of all of this is that we beat China because we are Ahmuricans and that means nobody beats us at weapons and technology! Razz Razz Razz
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 9/8/2018, 6:03 pm

Fuck AI. I want no part of it.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 9/8/2018, 6:22 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:Ohh yeah! I just got in the Meater!!! Cool 

For those of you who don't keep up with the latest in cooking or grilling tech, it's the first wireless meat thermometer that you can monitor with your phone or tablet through a simple app. You just pop the stainless probe into whatever you're cooking or grilling and no need to keep checking the meat cause not only can you monitor it from your screen it can alert you at specific temps. I'm really lookin forward to tryin it out tonight.

Nice! Very smart. How did it turn out?
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/8/2018, 6:30 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:
@WyldeMan wrote:Ohh yeah! I just got in the Meater!!! Cool 

Nice! Very smart. How did it turn out?

It worked perfectly on my chicken.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 9/10/2018, 12:42 am

I just bit the bullet and signed up for Amazon Prime Video which is finally available in Australia. It's half the price of Netflix, and has a heap of shit they don't
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/10/2018, 5:20 am

@Rusty wrote:I just bit the bullet and signed up for Amazon Prime Video which is finally available in Australia. It's half the price of Netflix, and has a heap of shit they don't

I also have Prime video, I actually use that one much more often than Netflix. They have shows and movies that nobody has, I damn near lost my mind scrolling through and seeing CHUCK! Cool
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 9/10/2018, 7:41 pm

Dang, just looked back at a few posts and missed the fact that it was Wylde's b-day a mere six days ago. Happy belated birthday, homey.

I purchased a couple of Ikea Billy bookshelves to house all my wonderful bloos, DVD's, PS4, PS3, and 360 games. I put one together and will be putting together the other this week.

Hope everyone has been doing well. Been busy the last few days meeting old friends and shit.

Speaking of Amarzon Prime Video, I still have to finish the second season of Pedro Furtivo.

I purchased the digital versions of Aerial America on Amarzon, too. I have the entire 50 states for $33. I plan on purchasing the Best of and Spectacular Sights episodes, too. So worth it!
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/10/2018, 8:06 pm

@joey con carne wrote:Dang, just looked back at a few posts and missed the fact that it was Wylde's b-day a mere six days ago. Happy belated birthday, homey.

I purchased a couple of Ikea Billy bookshelves to house all my wonderful bloos, DVD's, PS4, PS3, and 360 games. I put one together and will be putting together the other this week.

Hope everyone has been doing well. Been busy the last few days meeting old friends and shit.

Speaking of Amarzon Prime Video, I still have to finish the second season of Pedro Furtivo.

I purchased the digital versions of Aerial America on Amarzon, too. I have the entire 50 states for $33. I plan on purchasing the Best of and Spectacular Sights episodes, too. So worth it!

Ikea? Damn you Joseph, build your own furniture like Ron Swanson!

What in the hell is Pedro Furtivo, please give us the Joey summary.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 9/10/2018, 8:29 pm

I believe that’s Sneaky Pete which I still need to watch as well
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 9/10/2018, 8:36 pm

I know, I know LOL. Ikea. I dislike Ikea stuff because it's all particle board. But, the Billy is pretty good for now and only cost me $216 for all of it. I will upgrade it later on when I have the time and money to spend on oak and pipes. Make custom shelving.

And Tyger is correct. Sneaky Pete!
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/10/2018, 8:38 pm

@joey con carne wrote:I know, I know LOL. Ikea. I dislike Ikea stuff because it's all particle board. But, the Billy is pretty good for now and only cost me $216 for all of it. I will upgrade it later on when I have the time and money to spend on oak and pipes. Make custom shelving.

And Tyger is correct. Sneaky Pete!

I hate Ikea, those Swedes have got everybody thinking they're actually building furniture.

Ohhh, that makes far more sense than an actual series called Pedro Furtivo, I just assumed it was a Spanish drama.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty on 9/10/2018, 8:45 pm

@joey con carne wrote:Dang, just looked back at a few posts and missed the fact that it was Wylde's b-day a mere six days ago. Happy belated birthday, homey.

Season 2 of Sneaky Pete is high on my list to watch as well.

I believe it was also Detective's birthday on Sunday, but he hasn't been around for a minute.
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/11/2018, 4:42 am

@Rusty wrote:Season 2 of Sneaky Pete is high on my list to watch as well.

I believe it was also Detective's birthday on Sunday, but he hasn't been around for a minute.

Am I the only one here who has seen season 2? I feel like you guys are putting a lot of hope on it.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 9/20/2018, 4:56 pm

The last posts prior to this one are from 9/11. SPOOKY!!!
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/20/2018, 6:19 pm

@joey con carne wrote:The last posts prior to this one are from 9/11. SPOOKY!!!

I didn't realize it'd been that long, I don't think we ever go more than a day without a post there. What happened?
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 9/20/2018, 6:34 pm

We let the terrorists win
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 9/20/2018, 7:01 pm

We are all trying to Make America Great Again and lost track of this thread. I am sad.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/20/2018, 7:50 pm

@joey con carne wrote:We are all trying to Make America Great Again and lost track of this thread. I am sad.

You've been Purging too???? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 9/21/2018, 5:48 am

Ooooh speaking of The Purge, has anyone in here been watching? I should probably post this question in the main thread. I watched the first episode and then stopped because I want to binge it.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/22/2018, 10:58 am

How's this for random?

I just found out that Hollywood composer Ron Jones who wrote the theme songs for shows such as The Snorks, The Smurfs, American Dad, Family Guy, The Fairly OddParents, DuckTales, four seasons worth of scores for Star Trek: TNG and many other shows I've watched growing up and he now lives and runs a studio a few miles away from me.

I just saw a story about him on the front page of my local news site: From Hollywood to Stanwood
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 9/22/2018, 11:21 am

@WyldeMan wrote:How's this for random?

I just found out that Hollywood composer Ron Jones who wrote the theme songs for shows such as The Snorks, The Smurfs, American Dad, Family Guy, The Fairly OddParents, DuckTales, four seasons worth of scores for Star Trek: TNG and many other shows I've watched growing up and he now lives and runs a studio a few miles away from me.

I just saw a story about him on the front page of my local news site: From Hollywood to Stanwood

That's cool! Looks like he's got a show tonight too.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 9/22/2018, 1:42 pm

This whole week I feel like I have been sleep-deprived. I woke up at 7:30am today to bring my car into the shop for a balance and alignment. They use Hunter Road Force and Hunter Alignment systems to make sure everything is good to go. Yay.

Then I took a two-and-a-half hour nap from 12:30pm to 3:00pm. I feel so refreshed!

Time for some movies. I'm thinking Army of Darkness, Charade, and Hard Target 2 (in that order).
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 9/25/2018, 1:54 pm

@joey con carne wrote:Time for some movies. I'm thinking Army of Darkness, Charade, and Hard Target 2 (in that order).

How do you settle on your lineups? Is this science based like how all of those films have dark haired medium build male leading actors or is it just randomness?
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 9/25/2018, 4:35 pm

Well, I typically just look at my collection and just pick what I haven't seen in a while. There are some films which I have viewed several times over such as DOA: Dead or Alive, Hitman (Olyphant version), and Shooter. These three films are on call and may be requested to be viewed at any given moment.

That specific lineup was because I wanted something cheesy, something fun, and a mindless action film.

Currently, I'm watching Harry Pothead on TNT or something. Eating ramen noodles for dinner. It's a pork ramen noodle and those cheap fucking bastards gave like two thin slices of pork. Thank goodness I didn't pay for it. What a god damn ripoff. Fuck this place. I would give it one star on Yelp if I was cool enough to write food reviews.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum