Random Thoughts

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by WyldeMan on 6/8/2018, 8:35 am

River of lava engulfs entire Hawaii neighbourhood and adds almost a mile of new land to shoreline
An entire neighbourhood has disappeared in Hawaii after being covered by a river of lava.

The Vacationland neighbourhood has been wiped off the island as Kilauea continues to spew lava, destroying homes and altering the landscape on Hawaii's Big Island.

Homes have been seen bursting into flames as the lava hits them, before being destroyed completely by the unstoppable flow. Officials say only a few homes remain intact in the nearby Kapoho area.

Geological Survey geologist Wendy Stovall said: "The bay is completely filled in and the shoreline is at least 0.8 miles out from its original location.

"Vacationland is gone, there is no evidence of any properties there at all. On the northern end of that, there are just a few homes in the (Kapoho) beach lots area."

A magnitude 5.6 earthquake struck the summit of Hawaii's Kilauea volcano on Wednesday, sending a plume of ash and rock about 10,000ft into the sky.

Scientists are still measuring volcanic activity, with cracks continuing to spew the destructive molten rock. Ms Stovall said it is "really impossible to tell" when the volcanic activity will end.

More than 400 homes have been destroyed since the lava started surfacing around a month ago. While no deaths have been reported, the disaster is thought to be the most costly and destructive volcano incident in US history.

Mark Johnson's home lies on his citrus farm near near the base of Kapoho crater. The lava has missed his home so far, however it has cut off access to his farmland, and Mr Johnson has accepted that it might eventually take his house.

"I'm kind of at peace, actually. I feel that I've had a really great experience," he said.

The volcano started offering a new danger last week, in the form of volcanic fog, or "vog" – air pollution which is created by vapour, carbon dioxide and sulfur dioxide gas released from Kilauea.

Vog causes burning eyes, headaches and sore throats and can potentially hospitalise people suffering with asthma or other respiratory problems. It is particularly dangerous in a disaster area as it can be carried for miles by the wind, affecting people previously considered safe.

Hawaii isn't the only region of the world to be devastated by a volcano recently.

Over the weekend a massive eruption of Guatemala's Volcan de Fuego killed at least 75 people, with 200 still missing.

Entire villages were buried in ash and debris due to the vulcanian eruption, with people being burned to death as the fast moving pyroclastic flow entered their homes.

Shocking footage emerged of a disorientated woman walking away from the destruction covered in ash, telling a cameraman her entire family had been buried by the volcano.

WyldeMan
Admin

http://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/8/2018, 9:02 am

I watched his shows on Travel Channel and CNN all the time and I always thought he had one of the best  jobs ever: travelling, eating, and drinking around the world.

Mother nature ain't nothin' to fuck wit'.

The shoreline is about a mile further out from before the eruption.... that is some shit.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/8/2018, 12:44 pm

@joey con carne wrote:I watched his shows on Travel Channel and CNN all the time and I always thought he had one of the best  jobs ever: travelling, eating, and drinking around the world.

Mother nature ain't nothin' to fuck wit'.

The shoreline is about a mile further out from before the eruption.... that is some shit.

Mo' money, mo' problems.....

The island is practically getting terra formed and there's no signs of lava slow down, they can't even predict when it might end.

Vacationland sounds like rich folk livin, so Nature wasn't havin that shit.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/8/2018, 5:16 pm

New Backstreet Boys track is catchy. Check it:

joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/10/2018, 1:38 pm

Vince Vaughn arrested for DUI, resisting arrest in California
Vince Vaughn is in jail after an early morning bust for DUI ... TMZ has learned.

According to law enforcement, the actor was booked into jail around 4 AM Sunday in Manhattan Beach, CA -- about 30 minutes south of Los Angeles.

We're told Vaughn is still in custody right now. The details of his arrest are still unclear, but according to a source ... he was stopped at a checkpoint while driving with a passenger in his car.

If charged, this would be Vaughn's first DUI offense.

We've reached out to his reps ... no word back yet.

12:26 PM PT -- Vince Vaughn's mug shot just got released, and it looks like he was taking his arrest in stride ... showing off a slight grin. Yearbook status much?

9:30 AM PT -- According to Manhattan Beach PD, Vaughn and his passenger were stopped at the checkpoint around 12:30 AM, and asked to step out of the vehicle. Cops say both men were uncooperative and, initially, refused to get out.

Once they did, Vaughn was arrested around 1 AM and booked and cited for misdemeanor DUI, as well as obstructing an officer. His passenger was booked for obstruction and public intoxication.

Both men posted bail and have been released.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/11/2018, 11:45 am

@WyldeMan wrote:I think I've been in an IHOP once in my life because pancake houses are not for me but those after 60 years the compnay has decided to rebrand from IHOP to IHOB without explaining what he B stands for now, they want people to guess for the next week.

I gotta admit, my gut check reaction to hearing "IHOB" made me think of the speech impediment that Duddits had in the movie Dreamcatcher.

Basically what I'm saying is, the name IHOB sounds more like gibberish from a mush mouthed mental defect than it does a place that serves food.

Thoughts?

@joey con carne wrote:The b appears to be lower-case. So it's still a P but upside-down. That's what pancakes can do: they turn a frown upside-down. It will still be pronounced like IHOP.

Mystery solved. That is the reason. You can applaud me later when they announce I'm right.

For posterity, this post was made on June 06, 2018 at 4:55pm EDT.

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Never been to IHOP but I want to try it someday. Name change is kind of sudden but we'll see what it means.

It turns out I was wrong. It is merely a temporary marketing ploy to advertise their new black angus burgers. After the promotion, the name will return to the IHOP we all know and love.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/11/2018, 1:25 pm

@joey con carne wrote:It turns out I was wrong. It is merely a temporary marketing ploy to advertise their new black angus burgers. After the promotion, the name will return to the IHOP we all know and love.

Seriously?!?!?! Before this, I didn't care about Ihop but after this nonsense? Those bastards just made the list!!!!

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/11/2018, 3:31 pm

LOL! Burgers? Seriously? I don't think they thought this through. Didn't even know they made burgers because I thought it was a breakfast restaurant. Rolling Eyes EPIC FAIL!
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/11/2018, 3:48 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:LOL! Burgers? Seriously? I don't think they thought this through. Didn't even know they made burgers because I thought it was a breakfast restaurant. Rolling Eyes EPIC FAIL!

You just know their next big announcement is that they're gonna serve burgers with pancakes instead of a hamburger bun.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 6/11/2018, 10:14 pm

I can only assume Vince Vaughn was drowning his sorrows trying to cope with this IHOB news
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/12/2018, 4:32 am

@Tyger wrote:I can only assume Vince Vaughn was drowning his sorrows trying to cope with this IHOB news

Pancakes do seem like something that could trigger Vince.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/12/2018, 8:56 am

I saw a place on Travel Channel which served burgers between two halves of a glazed donut. Shocked

So this past weekend I went back to an AT&T store and signed up for another three months of DirecTV Now. I got another Apple TV 4K for free. Apple TV is so much better than the Amarzon Fire Stick. When I say better I just mean it is faster. Channels load with almost zero buffering now. All apps load faster, too, like Netflix and Hulu. Of course, Apple TV has much more processing power and the Amarzon Fire Stick is tiny without as much hardware.

If the deal is still on in three months, I will go get another one. Why? Because I like free shit.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/12/2018, 11:10 am

@joey con carne wrote:I saw a place on Travel Channel which served burgers between two halves of a glazed donut. Shocked

I smoke a shitload of cannabis everyday but I have never once found any of the fast foods concoctions advertised in commercials to even look edible let alone crave them.  Putting donuts and pancakes together sounds repulsive but I don't eat donuts or pancakes on their own, so combining them wouldn't even occur to my brain.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/12/2018, 12:09 pm

Burgers and donuts. Not donuts and pancakes!

Quiet here in the office. I dont want to browse the web on my work pc. They locked this shit down to the point I would not be surprised if they monitored my keystrokes.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/12/2018, 12:43 pm

@joey con carne wrote:Burgers and donuts. Not donuts and pancakes!

Quiet here in the office. I dont want to browse the web on my work pc. They locked this shit down to the point I would not be surprised if they monitored my keystrokes.

Burgers and donuts? That's way worse.... Shocked

Never fuck around on your work computer and they always keep track of every site. Save it for your phone.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 6/12/2018, 4:47 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@Tyger wrote:I can only assume Vince Vaughn was drowning his sorrows trying to cope with this IHOB news

Pancakes do seem like something that could trigger Vince.
“You’re so triggered, baby, and you don’t even know it”
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/15/2018, 7:06 am

Any other fans of oasis from back in the day? I loved their album "What's the Story Morning Glory?" and played my cassette over and over as a kid, back in '95 these were my jams! Cool What kind of current stuff were you guys listening to back then that you've found still holds up after 20 years? 

WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/17/2018, 9:40 am

I had someone come and estimate the window replacement of the house and total came to $11K for 11 windows and patio sliding door. I said fuck that, I'll do it myself. I'm now researching how to do this shit. Pretty easy once you get the correct measurements.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/17/2018, 9:48 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:I had someone come and estimate the window replacement of the house and total came to $11K for 11 windows and patio sliding door. I said fuck that, I'll do it myself. I'm now researching how to do this shit. Pretty easy once you get the correct measurements.

Installing your own windows will probably slash that quote in half. Do you have any help or are you doing it all yourself?
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/17/2018, 9:53 am

Tom Guiry aka Smalls and Patrick Renna aka Ham are really the only ones who are still easily recognizable after all these years. I used to see Guiry constantly in in the 90's and 2000's but I didn't realize I hadn't seen him since Black Donnelly's which was 10 years ago.

'The Sandlot' cast reunited for the 25th Anniversary at Dodger Stadium

This past April marked the 25th anniversary of ‘The Sandlot’ hitting movie theaters. On Saturday night, the Los Angeles Dodgers celebrated that milestone with an awesome reunion.

Several cast members, including the actors who played Bertram, Ham, Repeat, Smalls, Squints, Timmy, Yeah-Yeah and DeNunez came together at Dodger Stadium for the event. They were joined by the film’s director/writer David Mickey Evans.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 6/17/2018, 10:34 am

@WyldeMan wrote:
Any other fans of oasis from back in the day? I loved their album "What's the Story Morning Glory?" and played my cassette over and over as a kid, back in '95 these were my jams! Cool What kind of current stuff were you guys listening to back then that you've found still holds up after 20 years? 

I think most 90’s stuff holds up really well actually, but I could just have old man ears

I think I already mentioned I’m excited to see the Smashing Pumpkins in September
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/17/2018, 12:14 pm

@Tyger wrote:I think most 90’s stuff holds up really well actually, but I could just have old man ears

I think I already mentioned I’m excited to see the Smashing Pumpkins in September

Compared to today's sound garbage, 90s music still holds up very well.

I used to love going to concerts all of the time but everybody I've seen over the last few years is getting old and it shows during their live performances.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 6/17/2018, 12:29 pm

As long as they’re still entertaining, I don’t care.

I saw Depeche Mode last year and they were looking old from way back where I was but they brought the energy, Dave was dancing like a motherfucker, it was a good time
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/17/2018, 1:59 pm

@Tyger wrote:As long as they’re still entertaining, I don’t care.

I saw Depeche Mode last year and they were looking old from way back where I was but they brought the energy, Dave was dancing like a motherfucker, it was a good time

I have seen some great shows over the years it's just been a few bad ones lately. I was 13 when I went to my first concert which was Aerosmith and they were incredible, followed that with double header of Tom Petty and Jackson Browne. Cool

I broke my coccyx in the pit at a Papa Roach show when I was 21 and I still remember it being an incredible show. 

Rob Zombie still puts on a hell of a show, he's very theatrical like you'd imagine and four years ago put on one of the best live shows I've been to.

But I saw Marilyn Manson two years back and he basically laid his drunk ass on the stage kicking the speakers like Rick James on that couch.

I used to go to those all day music fests where 30 different bands played over a weekend and have seen just about everybody I ever wanted to and a whole bunch I wish I didn't but my taste in music hasn't changed all that much and the bands I loved then who put on great shows, just don't have quite the same energy or love for the music they once did.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 6/17/2018, 2:28 pm

Manson's a fucking mess and festivals are too much bullshit

Lately I’ve liked when I only want to see 1 or 2 bands on a bill and just see them and bounce
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/17/2018, 2:49 pm

@Tyger wrote:Manson's a fucking mess and festivals are too much bullshit

Lately I’ve liked when I only want to see 1 or 2 bands on a bill and just see them and bounce

I didn't mind festivals when I was always drunk but they are pretty unbearable when you're sober.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyger on 6/17/2018, 4:07 pm

That many people is always annoying. The biggest shows I’ve gone to are 1 Warped Tour show only because I was helping a band and then Family Values 2006 for Deftones. It was only like 5 bands or so but it was a big amphitheater tour in the summer, just ridiculously hot and way too many annoying people.
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/17/2018, 5:31 pm

@Tyger wrote:That many people is always annoying. The biggest shows I’ve gone to are 1 Warped Tour show only because I was helping a band and then Family Values 2006 for Deftones. It was only like 5 bands or so but it was a big amphitheater tour in the summer, just ridiculously hot and way too many annoying people.

I used to go to an annual events that Seattle's radio station The End put on every year from the 90's through the mid 2000's called Endfest where on numerous occasions among those big festival lineups while I was still in high school I managed to catch Social Distortion, The Chili Peppers, Anthrax, The Beastie Boys, Harvey Danger, Staind, Godsmack and The Offspring, so I can't totally hate on festivals cause I had some incredible times at those shows.

At Crue Fest '08 I caught Motley Crue, Papa Roach and Sixx Am. Buckcherry was also at Crue fest performing their obnoxious "Crazy Bitch" right at the height of that one hit but I never cared for those idiots. Mad
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/17/2018, 8:15 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:I had someone come and estimate the window replacement of the house and total came to $11K for 11 windows and patio sliding door. I said fuck that, I'll do it myself. I'm now researching how to do this shit. Pretty easy once you get the correct measurements.

Installing your own windows will probably slash that quote in half. Do you have any help or are you doing it all yourself?

I'll get my brother to help me. Have you installed some before?
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/18/2018, 7:47 am

@UltimateMarvel wrote:I'll get my brother to help me. Have you installed some before?

I've done a few window installs before and I have found that putting them in on the first floor is much easier than the second or third or at the very least easier with someone to help sit them in without damaging them.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/18/2018, 5:34 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:I'll get my brother to help me. Have you installed some before?

I've done a few window installs before and I have found that putting them in on the first floor is much easier than the second or third or at the very least easier with someone to help sit them in without damaging them.

Damn, thankfully it's all one floor here. Some tools I'm thinking I'll need for prep is a drill, caulk, tapcon screws for brick, shims for balance and a level. Possibly spray foam but I'm not sure on this one yet, I think caulking the outside will be enough but we'll see.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/18/2018, 6:29 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn, thankfully it's all one floor here. Some tools I'm thinking I'll need for prep is a drill, caulk, tapcon screws for brick, shims for balance and a level. Possibly spray foam but I'm not sure on this one yet, I think caulking the outside will be enough but we'll see.

Sounds like you've done your research. Though you never really know if you've got everything you need until it's time to start.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/18/2018, 7:33 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:
@UltimateMarvel wrote:Damn, thankfully it's all one floor here. Some tools I'm thinking I'll need for prep is a drill, caulk, tapcon screws for brick, shims for balance and a level. Possibly spray foam but I'm not sure on this one yet, I think caulking the outside will be enough but we'll see.

Sounds like you've done your research. Though you never really know if you've got everything you need until it's time to start.

By the way, I know you do some wood work during the summer. Started any projects this time?
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/18/2018, 8:01 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:By the way, I know you do some wood work during the summer. Started any projects this time?

I do typically do a lot of wood work year round but since it's too cold to paint anytime but in the summer around here, I do tend to save the majority of my projects for this time of year though I don't have anything on deck right now, I've been too occupied with other things so far but I hope to rectify that soon.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/19/2018, 10:16 am

I've said some pretty hateful stuff about Trump and his jackboots before but after seeing pictures of what he's ordered done at the borders to those children is inhumane on a level I didn't think we'd see in America in 2018.

When I made my cruel jokes over the least year about how it wouldn't be long before Trump had them all on trains, I didn't imagine that not only was it not far from reality but that they would begin by locking toddlers in cages and leaving it up to other children to keep them safe and calm????. How are his people defending this!?!?!?!? Fox news is reporting the children are being held at Summer Camps and Boarding Schools but they've literally got them in cages.

That ignorant Fox cunt Laura Ingraham even spun it from chain link prison cells to "Boarding Schools" to talking about how it should be made easier for us Americans to adopt all the mexican children that have just been stolen from their parents... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Mother fuckin Sulu himself, George Takei who was forced to spend several years of his childhood in a few of those Japanese internment camps over 70 years ago, said this:

Writes Takei, “My family was sent to a racetrack for several weeks to live in a horse stall, but at least we had each other. At least during the internment, my parents were able to place themselves between the horror of what we were facing and my own childish understanding of our circumstances. They told us we were ‘going on a vacation to live with the horsies.’ And when we got to Rohwer camp, they again put themselves between us and the horror, so that we would never fully appreciate the grim reality of the mosquito-infested swamp into which we had been thrown. At least during the internment, we remained a family, and I credit that alone for keeping the scars of our unjust imprisonment from deepening on my soul.”

“When a government acts capriciously, especially against a powerless and much-reviled group,” Takei continues, “it is hard to describe the terror and anxiety. There is nowhere to turn, because the only people with the power to help have trained their guns and dogs upon you. You are without rights, held without charge or trial. The world is upside down, information-less, and indifferent or even hostile to your plight.”
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/19/2018, 5:09 pm

That's some cold shit. 2 more years, just 2 more years left. I keep hoping for impeachment but it's never going to happen.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/19/2018, 5:55 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump wins a second term. The news only reports on the people who are outraged by this. There are just as many people, if not more, who love what is happening to illegals. How do you think Trump won the election in the first place? Everyone in the media and a huge portion of people thought he was a joke. Well, it turns out there are enough people who love him where it counts (I'm referring to the Electoral College) and probably even more who support what he's doing when it comes to undocumented residents.
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/20/2018, 5:59 am

@joey con carne wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Trump wins a second term. The news only reports on the people who are outraged by this. There are just as many people, if not more, who love what is happening to illegals. How do you think Trump won the election in the first place? Everyone in the media and a huge portion of people thought he was a joke. Well, it turns out there are enough people who love him where it counts (I'm referring to the Electoral College) and probably even more who support what he's doing when it comes to undocumented residents.

Even if he wasn't going to "win" a second term with Russia's "assistance", the Kochs still guarantee it. He'll never be impeached, our system is beyond corrupt or broken. There is no fixing this and every day our Commander in Tweet manages to do something else that will ripple for generations, the damage is done and it's only just beginning.

People by and large are very gullible and will believe whatever headline you tell them so don't be surprised when President Cheesburger keeps his post.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/20/2018, 6:03 am

Look Out MoviePass: AMC Theatres Adds $20/Month Movie Ticket Subscription Service

AMC Theatres has upped the ante in the monthly movie ticket subscription war with MoviePass, and is adding a new tier to its current rewards program called AMC Stubs A-List.

For $19.95 a month, members will get three movies a week (defined as Friday through Thursday; approximately 12 titles a month), along with all the benefits of the theater chain’s rewards program AMC Stubs Premiere. The program kicks off on Tuesday, June 26 and members can reap the benefits immediately.

Since last fall we’ve been hearing that AMC was shopping some form of a premium subscription program around to studios, however, the distribution heads had declined the chain’s proposals. Today, the largest exhibitor in the world has finally broken through, and the news arrives just as MoviePass’ parent company Helios & Matheson is trying to financially re-structure since its stock tanked well below a dollar a share over the last month with analysts deeming the company’s business plan risky. Since MoviePass revitalized itself last August with a $9.95/a month unlimited movie ticket service, it’s been at war with AMC. The exhibitor attempted to block MoviePass with the latter shutting off some of the chain’s big city locations from its app earlier this year (only to turn them back on later for its members).

Also, we had reported at CinemaCon that exhibitors were likely to start their own monthly movie ticket subscription programs rather than have MoviePass come in between them and the studios: Neither side wants to take a haircut on their share of the film rental with an outside third party. Already over in the U.K., Regal Cinemas’ new owner Cineworld has an unlimited ticket subscription program for $25/month. Back in December, Cinemark introduced something of a sub program with a free movie ticket at $9/month, however, AMC’s A-List blows it away.

While many will be fast to point out that AMC’s program isn’t the $9.95/a month one ticket-a-day program that MoviePass provides its members, there are several other perks: A-List members don’t have to buy their tickets at the last minute which is the case with MoviePass, rather can purchase well in advance. A-Listers can snap up tickets for any format (IMAX at AMC, Dolby Cinema at AMC, RealD 3D, Prime at AMC and BigD), something MoviePass doesn’t allow.  Reservations for A-List members can be made on AMCTheatres.com web site, or on the AMC Theatres smartphone app. For quite some time, MoviePass’ 3 million subscribers have weathered a slew of technical snafus, from the app glitching to being informed they’ve violated their Byzantine terms of service. No problems here with AMC’s A-List since it connects directly with the chain’s internal point-of-sales system.

With A-List, it’s use it or lose it every week: The three movies a week doesn’t rollover into next week. That said, all three movies can be enjoyed on the same day with a two-hour buffer in between each showtime. And an individual is allowed to re-watch the same movie. The A-List subscription program works for both new releases as well as holdovers, studio or indie titles.

In addition to seeing up to three movies per week, AMC Stubs A-List members will also reap such upsides as free upgrades on concessions, express box office and concession service, no online ticketing fees and 100 points for every $1 spent for the AMC Stubs A-List monthly fee and food and beverage spending at the theater chain. AMC Stubs Premiere members receive a $5 reward for every 5,000 points earned, which translates to a 10% credit toward future AMC purchases.

“We believe that our current and future loyal guests will be interested in this type of program, as AMC Stubs A-List rewards guests with something that no one else offers: the very best of AMC, including IMAX, Dolby Cinema and RealD 3D up to 3 times per week, for one simple, sustainable price,” said Adam Aron, CEO and President, AMC Theatres.

Aron added, “Since its inception in 2011, AMC Stubs has continued to evolve to meet the needs of its customers, as it did in 2016 when we introduced the free tier, AMC Stubs Insider. AMC Stubs A-List is AMC’s next evolution of delivering amazing benefits to our loyal customers, and we’re excited to continue to grow the program by leaps and bounds.”

AMC will discuss the Stubs A-List program more on its analysts conference call today at 12:30 PM EST. Word about AMC’s new A-List program was first leaked online on Reddit yesterday afternoon in a MoviePass Club section.

Of the notable chains that MoviePass has a specific subscription contract are Landmark Theatres as well as Studio Movie Grill, though the service works with most major theaters. MoviePass members select the showtime they want to see on the mobile app when they’re within a short distance from the theater, and use their MoviePass Mastercard debit card (which is funded after ticket selection) to obtain their ticket at the box office. MoviePass in an effort to be a major player in the industry has branched off into co-financing independent films, such as American Animals and Gotti, with MoviePass Ventures and acquiring Emmett Furla Oasis Films. Reportedly, MoviePass repped 40% of Gotti‘s $1.7M opening weekend, and around 35% of American Animals‘ opening weekend.

While it’s too soon to tell whether AMC’s A-List takes a toll on MoviePass, distribution sources perceive the latter to be financially unstable, and question how the service will survive the summer box office season.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/20/2018, 6:07 am

That all sounds like a very good deal to me for $20 a month and I don't even go to the movies.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne on 6/20/2018, 8:53 am

I am already paid through next February for MoviePass but i would definitely consider this AMC Stubs deal when I am up for renewal. Just having the ability to book tickets in advance is enough for me to switch even if it costs more. There’s been a few times I checked a movie’s seating chart, saw plenty of good seats and drive over to the theater, only to find the seats already gone by the time I arrived to purchase tickets. Funk dat!
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/20/2018, 4:30 pm

AMC is expensive compared to Cinemark which is where I usually go. 12 movies a month for $20 is a great deal, I would get it if I went to the movies that often.

@joey con carne wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Trump wins a second term. The news only reports on the people who are outraged by this. There are just as many people, if not more, who love what is happening to illegals. How do you think Trump won the election in the first place? Everyone in the media and a huge portion of people thought he was a joke. Well, it turns out there are enough people who love him where it counts (I'm referring to the Electoral College) and probably even more who support what he's doing when it comes to undocumented residents.

@WyldeMan wrote:Even if he wasn't going to "win" a second term with Russia's "assistance", the Kochs still guarantee it. He'll never be impeached, our system is beyond corrupt or broken. There is no fixing this and every day our Commander in Tweet manages to do something else that will ripple for generations, the damage is done and it's only just beginning.

People by and large are very gullible and will believe whatever headline you tell them so don't be surprised when President Cheesburger keeps his post.

I saw in the news that he signed an executive order to stop families from getting separated so that's good. Doesn't mean they will stay though.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/20/2018, 6:22 pm

@UltimateMarvel wrote:I saw in the news that he signed an executive order to stop families from getting separated so that's good. Doesn't mean they will stay though.

What does that means for the 2,000 kids who've been torn from their parents in the last six weeks? JACK SHIT.

I have less than zero faith in anything Trump does so if he signed the order it's because he's getting something super shady out of it on the back end.

However, the order won’t make a difference for thousands of children who have already been taken from their families.

The spate of child separations resulted from a “zero tolerance” policy that was announced by Attorney General Jeff Sessions in April and enacted the following month. Last week, officials announced that between April 19 and May 31 about 1,995 children were separated at the U.S. border from adults they had traveled with. By treating all illegal border crossings as crimes — a break with previous administrations — the policy meant that adults would be sent to jail and that the children who entered with them would be separated them from. While Trump suggested his order would end separations going forward, an official confirmed to Yahoo News that the children already in custody would not be immediately reunited with their families.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan on 6/21/2018, 4:09 pm

Joey, MoviePass is adding an extra $2 extra charge to their "high demand" tickets which basically means anything that's new is gonna cost extra for each movie.
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel on 6/21/2018, 7:14 pm

@WyldeMan wrote:What does that means for the 2,000 kids who've been torn from their parents in the last six weeks? JACK SHIT.

I have less than zero faith in anything Trump does so if he signed the order it's because he's getting something super shady out of it on the back end.

Yeah, I suspected as much. It sucks man, it's a shitty situation.
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum