BDTV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts

5 posters

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts - Page 4 Empty Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Tyger 6/3/2018, 7:49 pm

Damn, you late.

Great video, decent song.
Tyger
Tyger

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/3/2018, 8:11 pm

Tyger wrote:Damn, you late.

Great video, decent song.

I live in the country it's a geographical oddity, its about two weeks from everywhere so I don't see things new.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

https://bdtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/4/2018, 2:39 pm

I thought he did a great job with the video too. This is America now.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/4/2018, 3:46 pm

First day of work at my new digs. Plenty of propaganda.

I hate training days because they are so boring. But it's nice to get paid while doing nothing.

I'm still alive.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/4/2018, 4:00 pm

joey con carne wrote:First day of work at my new digs. Plenty of propaganda.

I hate training days because they are so boring. But it's nice to get paid while doing nothing.

I'm still alive.

Did you get a company ID number assigned under during this propaganda campaign? If you're not a number, you're a nobody. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/4/2018, 5:22 pm

Yes, I have a number. My integration is nearly complete. One more day of institution-wide orientation, then Wednesday is my specific department orientation. I probably won’t be doing actual work until Thursday.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/4/2018, 6:18 pm

Joey, did you change jobs? You were in accounting, right?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/4/2018, 6:29 pm

Yes, sir. I am still in accounting. I left my firm and joined a hospital. I am an in-house accountant now. I am no longer working in public accounting. That means no more billable hours, no more kissing clients' asses because I am the client now, and more consistent hours.

cheers
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/4/2018, 6:32 pm

joey con carne wrote:Yes, sir. I am still in accounting. I left my firm and joined a hospital. I am an in-house accountant now. I am no longer working in public accounting. That means no more billable hours, no more kissing clients' asses because I am the client now, and more consistent hours.

Woot woot

Nice. Fun time in the break room with the hot young nurses. Twisted Evil
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/4/2018, 6:44 pm

LOL unfortunately, the nurses are in a completely different building. I'm stuck in a building which houses the finance and finance HR departments.

When I went in for my interview, I don't recall seeing any hotties. I'll definitely keep you guys posted about the hottie situation when I finally get to my cubicle on Wednesday.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/4/2018, 7:06 pm

joey con carne wrote:LOL unfortunately, the nurses are in a completely different building. I'm stuck in a building which houses the finance and finance HR departments.

When I went in for my interview, I don't recall seeing any hotties. I'll definitely keep you guys posted about the hottie situation when I finally get to my cubicle on Wednesday.

I went to the hospital recently for the first time in a decade and was surprised to find that tv has been lying to me, the hospital was full of nurses and not one former model chose medicine....that's some shady shit tv. Evil or Very Mad

Actually I know two girls from high school that stripped their way through medical school and are now nurses and they're both still hot. What I'm saying Joey, there's always hope. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/4/2018, 8:56 pm

WyldeMan wrote:I went to the hospital recently for the first time in a decade and was surprised to find that tv has been lying to me, the hospital was full of nurses and not one former model chose medicine....that's some shady shit tv. Evil or Very Mad

Actually I know two girls from high school that stripped their way through medical school and are now nurses and they're both still hot. What I'm saying Joey, there's always hope. Cool
I'm definitely hoping there are some hotties. Would definitely make time pass quicker in the office. I gotz my fingers crossed. Twisted Evil

So I was browsing the Steam Forums and someone started a thread which requested anyone who had knowledge of plumbing codes to message him because he had an examination tomorrow and he was afraid he was not going to pass.

I posted a reply to the thread in which I said "Righty tighty. Left loosey. Remember this rule and you will always be fine."

He got mad at me and deleted the thread.

What the heck, man? That's some solid advice right there. I provided value to his thread and he gets mad at me? Screw that guy. I hope he fails his test.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/4/2018, 9:50 pm

joey con carne wrote:Yes, sir. I am still in accounting. I left my firm and joined a hospital. I am an in-house accountant now. I am no longer working in public accounting. That means no more billable hours, no more kissing clients' asses because I am the client now, and more consistent hours.

cheers

Congrats! So, 40 hours Mon-Fri? What kind of hours did you have before?
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/4/2018, 10:57 pm

Based on what I understand, yes, I will be working 40 hours, Monday through Friday. If you want to get technical, it's seven hours a day with an hour lunch. This is going to be a complete change from what I am used to which brings me to your second question.

My hours at my previous firm changed based on the needs of each client. Some days I would work til 5pm, others I could work as late as 3am. And I never took an hour for lunch. No one really did. We all ate and worked through lunch. That's just the way it was for us. I worked at a pretty cut-throat firm so we all did everything we could to shine and get promoted. If you didn't get promoted when you were supposed to based on certain timelines, you'd pretty much get fired. It was up or out. That's the problem when everyone you work with is a superstar. Shit gets real.

I'm excited to start this new job and am also wondering just what exactly the expectations are. That's going to be a fun first-day conversation with the Controller.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/5/2018, 6:12 am

Dwight Jones Killing Spree: Death Toll Rises to 6 in Arizona Slayings in Divorce Retaliation
Random Thoughts - Page 4 6576f210
Arizona authorities said the suspect was responsible for six killings within 30 hours.

The death toll in an Arizona killing spree has risen to six, after police found the bodies of a man and a woman inside a Fountain Hills home on Monday, police said.

Earlier in the day, the suspect, Dwight Jones, 56, fatally shot himself in a hotel as SWAT team members closed in, police said.

Scottsdale and Phoenix police officers had tracked the suspect to an Extended Stay hotel, authorities said. As guests were being evacuated, officers heard multiple gunshots from inside the man's room.

A robot sent into the room showed Jones dead with a self-inflected gunshot wound, according to authorities.  

Jones is believed to have killed four professionals involved in his 9-year-old, bitter divorce within a 30-hour time span. The man and woman found after his suicide have not been identified and police did not say how they were related to the other four victims.

The couple is believed to have been slain just hours before Jones committed suicide, police said.

The first victim was a prominent a forensic psychiatrist who consulted in the high-profile murder investigation of JonBenét Ramsey. Steven Pitt, 59, was shot outside his office Thursday afternoon, police said. Pitt wrote a psychological profile of Jones during his divorce proceedings and testified against him during his divorce, local reports said.

His ex-wife, Connie Jones, said in a statement Monday that her ex-husband was an emotionally disturbed person. She said she has feared for her safety for the past nine years.

Less than 24 hours later, two paralegals were gunned down at their law offices in downtown Scottsdale. One of the women, who was shot in the head, was able to stagger outside and flag down a bus driver before she died.

Responding police officers followed the trail of blood inside the office, where they found the other victim.

Laura Anderson, 49, and Veleria Sharp, 48, worked for the family law firm Burt Feldman Grenier. police said. The firm represented Jones' wife during their divorce.

The fourth person shot was 72-year-old Marshall Levine, a life coach and marriage and divorce counselor. He reportedly had provided divorce counseling to the couple.

The investigation into the murders is ongoing.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/5/2018, 6:14 am

He was probably saving his ex-wife for last until SWAT caught up and he chose to opt out first.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/5/2018, 10:33 am

Kate Spade hanged herself.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/5/2018, 10:48 am

Shock as teen drowns in bizarre shower death after her hair allegedly clogged drain
Random Thoughts - Page 4 15282010
The family of a Pennsylvania teen who suffered a fatal fall in the shower on Friday said the 17-year-old potentially drowned when her hair clogged the drain.

Brianne Marie Rapp, who suffered from a thyroid condition, was getting ready for school in the family’s Butler home at the time of the tragic accident, KDKA reported.

Michael Rapp, the teen’s father, said he learned of the tragedy from his ex-wife, who was allegedly sleeping at the time.

“She was hysterical on the phone and she told me she was gone,” Michael Rapp told the news outlet. “I thought maybe she ran away or something. I didn’t realize she meant she passed away.”

Rapp added that the thyroid condition may have caused his daughter to black out.

“We’re thinking she blacked out in the bathtub and fell and hit her head and was found by my ex,” he said. “We don’t know if maybe hair clogged the drain but the tub overflowed.”

Officials conducted an autopsy, but have not released the results. They believe the cause of the girl’s death was drowning, the Butler Eagle reported.

“I’ll miss her smiling face and her great personality and wanting the best out of life,” Rapp said. “Her mother and I are so proud to have raised a girl that people have so many nice things to say.”

Haile Slupe, Brianne Rapp’s friend, told KDKA the teenage girl was like a sister to her.

“It’s still hard to believe my best friend is not here no more,” Slupe said.

The family set up a GoFundMe page to help pay for funeral expenses. They announced that leftover money will be placed in a college trust fund for Brianne Rapp’s brother and sister in memory of the 17-year-old.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/5/2018, 12:26 pm

Driver who killed 4-year-old in 1968 suffers similar fate in baseball field crash
Douglas Parkhurst is being hailed as a hero for pushing children out of the way of a vehicle that had driven onto a baseball field in Sanford, Maine, on Friday. Parkhurst was struck by the driver, and later died from his injuries.

Parkhurst’s selfless act cost him his life and saved the lives of others, but local news outlets later revealed the 68-year-old had a dark past. Fifty years ago, Parkhurst was on the other side of the situation: he killed a young girl in a hit-and-run, and didn’t confess until 2013 when the statute of limitations ran out and he could no longer be prosecuted.

Parkhurst had a dark past

In 1968, when he was 18, Parkhurst was involved in a hit-and-run, but as the driver. The Portland Press Herald reported on the tragic story on Sunday. In Fulton, New York, Parkhurst struck and killed 4-year-old Carolee Ashby, who was walking to the store with her 15-year-old sister Darlene Ashby (now Darlene McCann) to pick up birthday candles for Darlene’s birthday.

The only reason we know Parkhurst was responsible for this crime is because he confessed … 44 years later. Once he obtained a written statement from prosecutors confirming that the statute of limitations had run out and he wouldn’t be prosecuted, he admitted to committing the crime. The confession reportedly included an admission that Parkhurst and his brother had been drinking.

Parkhurst’s 2013 confession came after a year of questioning and investigation by the police, but that was preceded by over 40 years of missed opportunities. Parkhurst was originally a suspect back in 1968, but it’s unknown why the investigation stopped there.

There were no clearcut answers to why police did not charge Parkhurst, who claimed at the time that a dent in his Buick Special resulted from a crash into a guardrail.

The documents showed police were skeptical of that explanation, but it was unclear why police did not continue to investigate Parkhurst.

In 1972, just a few years later, the police received a tip that Parkhurst had been bragging at a party about hitting Carolee with his car and getting away with it. It’s also unclear why no one followed up on that tip. Even when the case was reopened in 2000, nothing happened. Finally, in 2012, a Facebook comment led to a tip that broke open the case, and resulted in Parkhurst’s confession.

Parkhurst’s heroic act

Parkhurst died on Friday night after a car drove onto a Little League field, where his grandson was playing. The stands were full at the time, but the playing field was empty. After doing a loop around home plate, the car exited the field and drove onto the roadway that surrounds it. That’s where Parkhurst was, along with several children. Witnesses say Parkhurst pushed the children out of the way before being struck, and that he also tried to close the gate before the car could enter.

Sanford Police identified the driver as Carol Sharrow, 52. She was arrested and charged with manslaughter. The police also confirmed that Parkhurst had died of his injuries.

The tragedy comes full circle

The irony of Parkhurst’s death, that he would die in the same way that he killed Carolee, and by a woman with a similar name, isn’t lost on Darlene Ashby McCann.

“It feels it has made a full circle. Now I am relieved. I truly am. The same thing that happened to my sister happened to him. It made a complete circle. Now it is time to move on,” McCann said.

Parkhurst left New York and moved to Maine after he confessed to the hit-and-run, and reportedly never apologized to McCann or her family for what he did. McCann’s mother died last year still waiting for Parkhurst to apologize for killing her daughter, and her father died years before Parkhurst confessed.

Even though there was no apology, McCann hopes that one day she can forgive Parkhurst for what he did.

“I know my mom would have been grateful that children were saved. Sometime I may be able to forgive him, but not right now,” McCann said.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/5/2018, 4:59 pm

Those two stories are pretty interesting.

And so, tomorrow begins the first real day of my new job. Nervous and happy.

Got my second TB shot today, too. So far, no reaction to the shot. Let's see what happens tomorrow. I gotta go back to see the doc on Thursday so they can clear me.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/5/2018, 5:04 pm

joey con carne wrote:Got my second TB shot today, too. So far, no reaction to the shot. Let's see what happens tomorrow. I gotta go back to see the doc on Thursday so they can clear me.

I'm fairly certain I've never had a TB shot and you've had twice as many as my lifetime total.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/5/2018, 7:01 pm

Yea, this is pretty ridiculous. I suppose it's because they need to take precautions on the off-chance I have contact with patients.

I've had these shots before.... maybe 10 years ago. Came up negative then, too.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/5/2018, 7:46 pm

joey con carne wrote:Yea, this is pretty ridiculous. I suppose it's because they need to take precautions on the off-chance I have contact with patients.

I've had these shots before.... maybe 10 years ago. Came up negative then, too.

If Tuberculosis was good enough for Doc Holiday then it's good enough for me. I ain't worried. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/6/2018, 9:07 am

joey con carne wrote:Kate Spade hanged herself.

I had no idea who Kate Spade was until they started talking about her being David Spade's sister-in law. This woman clearly had some serious mental health issues and chose to opt out and leave her 13 year old daughter without a mother. She leaves her little girl one line to remember her bye and it basically says it's all your father's fault? Suicide is terrorism on those you leave behind, this is some selfish bullshit. Shocked  

She reportedly hung herself with a scarf tied to a doorknob while her husband Andy was in another room and her 13 year old daughter was at school.  

The suicide note was found on a bed near her lifeless body. Sources with the police department have reported the note was addressed to her daughter and said:

"Bea - I have always loved you. This is not your fault. Ask Daddy!"
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/6/2018, 11:53 am

I think I've been in an IHOP once in my life because pancake houses are not for me but those after 60 years the compnay has decided to rebrand from IHOP to IHOB without explaining what he B stands for now, they want people to guess for the next week.

I gotta admit, my gut check reaction to hearing "IHOB" made me think of the speech impediment that Duddits had in the movie Dreamcatcher.

Basically what I'm saying is, the name IHOB sounds more like gibberish from a mush mouthed mental defect than it does a place that serves food.

Thoughts?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/6/2018, 1:55 pm

The b appears to be lower-case. So it's still a P but upside-down. That's what pancakes can do: they turn a frown upside-down. It will still be pronounced like IHOP.

Mystery solved. That is the reason. You can applaud me later when they announce I'm right.

For posterity, this post was made on June 06, 2018 at 4:55pm EDT.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by UltimateMarvel 6/6/2018, 3:26 pm

Never been to IHOP but I want to try it someday. Name change is kind of sudden but we'll see what it means.
UltimateMarvel
UltimateMarvel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/6/2018, 4:18 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
joey con carne wrote:Kate Spade hanged herself.

I had no idea who Kate Spade was until they started talking about her being David Spade's sister-in law. This woman clearly had some serious mental health issues and chose to opt out and leave her 13 year old daughter without a mother. She leaves her little girl one line to remember her bye and it basically says it's all your father's fault? Suicide is terrorism on those you leave behind, this is some selfish bullshit. Shocked  

She reportedly hung herself with a scarf tied to a doorknob while her husband Andy was in another room and her 13 year old daughter was at school.  

The suicide note was found on a bed near her lifeless body. Sources with the police department have reported the note was addressed to her daughter and said:

"Bea - I have always loved you. This is not your fault. Ask Daddy!"

Same. Had no idea who she was.

All I thought of when I read how she died was D'Angelo Barksdale. How can you hang yourself from a door knob? Unless she was trying some freaky sex shit on her own and forgot to sit up.
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/6/2018, 6:37 pm

Rusty wrote:All I thought of when I read how she died was D'Angelo Barksdale. How can you hang yourself from a door knob? Unless she was trying some freaky sex shit on her own and forgot to sit up.

Apparently her husband wanted a divorce and she thought suicide was a better option? Shocked

D'Angelo was the first time I'd ever seen it staged like that but I didn't know you could actually die that way until I heard about David Carradine dying in a closet in Thailand while doing some of that freaky sex shit with a belt around his neck and naked. That was an eye opener. I thought only a Hanzo sword could Kill Bill.

Robin Williams also put a belt around his neck and tied it to a door knob.

Chris Cornell did it with an exercise band.

It seems to be a popular choice.

I'm waiting for someone to do it with cable ties aka Zip-ties. That would also be a great way to commit murder, slip it around their neck and watch em struggle.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/6/2018, 7:05 pm

There was an episode of SVU where a guy hung himself in his jail cell by tying his bedsheets to the bars and then just sitting down.

What a way to go: to follow through and not panic and get up when you're about to pass out. And also she left a daughter behind? I want to know her final thoughts.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty 6/6/2018, 7:09 pm

WyldeMan wrote:
Apparently her husband wanted a divorce and she thought suicide was a better option? Shocked

D'Angelo was the first time I'd ever seen it staged like that but I didn't know you could actually die that way until I heard about David Carradine dying in a closet in Thailand while doing some of that freaky sex shit with a belt around his neck and naked. That was an eye opener. I thought only a Hanzo sword could Kill Bill.

Robin Williams also put a belt around his neck and tied it to a door knob.

Chris Cornell did it with an exercise band.

It seems to be a popular choice.

I'm waiting for someone to do it with cable ties aka Zip-ties. That would also be a great way to commit murder, slip it around their neck and watch em struggle.

That reminds me of Ridley Scott's "The Counselor" and the automatic decapitating machine Very Happy
Rusty
Rusty

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/6/2018, 7:10 pm

joey con carne wrote:There was an episode of SVU where a guy hung himself in his jail cell by tying his bedsheets to the bars and then just sitting down.

What a way to go: to follow through and not panic and get up when you're about to pass out. And also she left a daughter behind? I want to know her final thoughts.

Allowing yourself to strangle to death without subconsciously fighting is what gets me. You'd think your brain would be like "YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKER STAND UP!!!!" or your hands would instinctively just try to get the belt off but apparently, brains are just like "fuck it, lets do this".

Yup, she opted to kill herself instead of get divorced and blamed her husband in the suicide note for her 13 year old daughter. Evil or Very Mad

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/6/2018, 7:12 pm

Rusty wrote:

That reminds me of Ridley Scott's "The Counselor" and the automatic decapitating machine Very Happy

That was where I first got the idea!!!! But it was very messy, so I was thinking it would be a silent and fairly clean way to kill someone and they couldn't make much noise. You couldn't can't exactly slip a knife if you were carrying one, safely against your artery to cut it free without bleeding out, so basically a five cent piece of plastic sounds like a pretty surgical weapon of death to me. Cool
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/6/2018, 7:25 pm

Military base calls immigration agents on pizza delivery man
Random Thoughts - Page 4 1e04b910
  In this undated family photo provided by Sandra Chica, Pablo Villavicencio poses with his two daughters, Luciana, left, and Antonia. After Villavicencio couldn't produce a New York State Driver's License for identification, a guard at the Fort Hamilton in the Brooklyn borough of New York called Immigration and Customs Enforcement on him as he tried to deliver a pizza to the military base. Villavicencio was detained by military police and handed over to ICE pending removal from the country.

NEW YORK (AP) — He went from delivering pizza to being detained by immigration officers.

A guard at an Army garrison in Brooklyn called Immigration and Customs Enforcement on a pizza delivery man who made a delivery there on Friday. Now, Ecuadorean immigrant Pablo Villavicencio is in ICE custody pending removal from the country, agency spokeswoman Rachael Yong Yow said.

"Villavicencio-Calderon was detained by military police officers and turned over to ICE," Yong Yow said.

Villavicencio's wife, Sandra Chica, said he went to deliver pizza to Fort Hamilton last week and was asked for identification by the guard who received him at the gate.

Villavicencio, who worked at Nonna Delia's pizzeria, in Queens, produced a city identification card, but the official told him he wanted to see a state driver's license. When Villavicencio did not produce one, the guard called ICE, his wife said.

"This is unhuman," Chica said during a phone interview. "He was not committing any crime. He is a father who is working for his daughters. Every day our daughters ask me why their dad is not coming home."

Chica, who was born in Colombia and moved to the U.S. a decade ago, said she is a U.S. citizen. The couple has two daughters, who are 3 and 2 years old and were born in the U.S.

The three of them attended a press conference in front of the army base on Wednesday along with Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams and city Councilman Justin Brannan. Both politicians said they were seeking answers from Fort Hamilton.

"Is our city, state and nation any safer today because they took a pizza delivery guy off the streets?" asked Brannan.

Fort Hamilton did not immediately respond to a call and an email requesting comment. Yong Yow, the ICE spokeswoman, said that in March 2010 Villavicencio was granted voltary departure by an immigration judge but failed to depart by July, as ordered.

"As such, his voluntary departure order became a final order of removal," she said.

Chica said this was not the first time Villavicencio delivered pizza at the base.

"What prompted them to call ICE?" she asked. "They only care about statistics, one more deported man. They don't care about the impact this will have on us."

Immigrant family advocacy groups like Make the Road New York have called for an investigation. Steven Choi, executive director of the New York Immigration Coalition, said in a press release "it's absolutely disgusting when the strongest military in the world punches down by going after pizza delivery men."
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/6/2018, 8:01 pm

Just read about that earlier.

Now the wife is going to have to raise two children on her own. If she doesn't have a decent paying job, she can now get on welfare and other government assistance programs which we, the taxpayers, will be helping subsidize. But it's okay! We got an illegal immigrant who was contributing to society! Totally worth it!
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/7/2018, 4:41 am

joey con carne wrote:Just read about that earlier.

Now the wife is going to have to raise two children on her own. If she doesn't have a decent paying job, she can now get on welfare and other government assistance programs which we, the taxpayers, will be helping subsidize. But it's okay! We got an illegal immigrant who was contributing to society! Totally worth it!

Have you read even a single article about them ever deporting any actual criminals since Trump took office? I thought he was gonna go after MS-13 and strike hard at the cartels like he spend a year touting it but for six months they've been deporting mothers and fathers of very young children over nothing, they're never criminals they're just people who overstayed when their paperwork said they could. Our military ordered a pizza and used it to entrap the delivery driver making minimum wage? That is beyond pathetic and weak.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/7/2018, 6:56 am

I agree with you 100%. It's completely absurd.

Did you hear about that Polish doctor? I don't recall his name but there was a Polish doctor who was deported by ICE recently. He was raised here in America and was in his 40's. He was deported back to Poland and he does not even speak the language. A fucking doctor, man. He's helping people and saving lives. He paid taxes and had a wife and kids.

How does this make any freakin' sense???? Why are they not deporting the bad guys? Is it because it is just easier to go after honest, hard-working people?

I think ICE agents just a bunch of pussies who talk a big game about going after illegals but they only go after the ones they know won't fight back. They don't go after gang members because they know their lives might actually be in danger.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/7/2018, 7:16 am

joey con carne wrote:I agree with you 100%. It's completely absurd.

Did you hear about that Polish doctor? I don't recall his name but there was a Polish doctor who was deported by ICE recently. He was raised here in America and was in his 40's. He was deported back to Poland and he does not even speak the language. A fucking doctor, man. He's helping people and saving lives. He paid taxes and had a wife and kids.

How does this make any freakin' sense???? Why are they not deporting the bad guys? Is it because it is just easier to go after honest, hard-working people?

I think ICE agents just a bunch of pussies who talk a big game about going after illegals but they only go after the ones they know won't fight back. They don't go after gang members because they know their lives might actually be in danger.

A month or two back a local single mother of three young girls aged 5-11, and she was flagged suddenly after years of always reporting to ICE on time and didn't actually do anything to warrant deportation but under Trump's new mandates they suddenly arrested her at her work one day and sent the three girls who had their own rooms in a house their mother spent years to afford for them to living with a father they never knew 3500 miles away in a one bedroom apartment he shared with his brother and she is now gone, not knowing if she'll ever see her little girls again and what kind of life can they really be expected to have now? But you know, justice was served right?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/7/2018, 2:52 pm

Ohio immigration raid rounded up parents, left children behind
Random Thoughts - Page 4 Ap181510
More than 100 workers at an Ohio gardening and landscaping company were arrested this week in one of the largest workplace immigration raids in recent years.

This is a story about children, but first I have to tell you what happened to the adults who love them.

Earlier this week in northern Ohio, 200 or so federal immigration agents with weapons and trained dogs swarmed two garden centers of a family-owned business.

They rounded up and bound the wrists of more than 100 immigrant workers, most of them Mexican and undocumented, some of them U.S. citizens. They marched them to waiting buses as if they were armed criminals instead of the people who bring all those hanging flower baskets and weedless lawns into the summer lives of Ohioans.

Notably, none of the employers who hired them was arrested or charged. They may have to add their business to the growing pile of community casualties of this new immigration policy. Oh well. Ain’t America great again.

One of the employees, Rodolfo Reyes, told the Norwalk Reflector he knows that the officers “have a job to do,” but they were “very, very rough.”

“A bunch of cops came running into the warehouses, pointing guns at people. Everybody was scared. They tied everybody’s hands up with black zip ties. Even (my daughter and I) were tied up even though we’re U.S. citizens. … Everybody panicked because it scared them.”

Salma Sabala, who works at the nursery with her mother and sister, told WNWO-TV that undercover officers initially misled employees by showing up in their break room with boxes from Dunkin’ Donuts.

Then the Immigration and Customs Enforcement show scripted for the media began.

“They’re armed. They had the dogs. We hear the helicopters on top of us,” Sabala told the station. “They took them on a big bus. All I could think about is my mom, because I didn’t know where she was, and also my sister, because I didn’t know where my sister was, either. And everyone was just crying.”

This latest ICE carnival was brought to you by the Donald Trump road show. It’s not really about stolen American jobs or evil immigrants, neither of which is a threat here. It’s about a reality-show president’s desperate attempt to keep his base worked into the frenzy of fear and rage he needs to feel special.

The people you haven’t seen in this latest farce are the children who were left behind, in day care or with baby sitters, separated from their parents.

Here we go again.

The day after the raid, I called Veronica Isabel Dahlberg, who is the founder and executive director of HOLA Ohio, an advocacy group for the large Latino community in northeast Ohio. She is always one of my first calls when another crisis seizes her community.

We sure talk a lot these days.

“We have no idea how many children are currently in hiding,” she told me when I reached her. “We’re still trying to find that out.”

Earlier, in a Facebook post, she described her trip to Norwalk, Ohio, where most of the detainees live. She visited the trailer park “where hundreds of Mexican families who work in agriculture have lived peacefully for many years. It was a ghost town. … Their top priority was to protect their families.”

“People left their cars,” she told me. “There were boxes spilled open. People just disappeared. Most of the children were born here, but many of their caregivers fled because they’re undocumented, too, and they’re afraid of being arrested.”

A local church became ground zero as volunteers helped to gather people and figure out who was missing. “We did a type of triage,” Dahlberg wrote in her post. “We will be collaborating with a team of volunteer lawyers who are on stand-by ready to take cases.”

Imagine relying on a lawyer willing to help you find your missing child.

Jessie Hahn, a workers’ rights attorney with the National Immigration Law Center, says this ICE raid was different from one two months ago at a meatpacking plant in Tennessee. Until this week, it was the biggest such raid — ICE agents arrested 97 workers, mostly from Mexico and Guatemala — but everyone was taken to a single location for processing.

“They were in a National Guard armory, and everyone in the community who felt safe to be there could see who was getting released,” she said in a phone interview.

This time, though, some of the workers were driven to Youngstown, while others were driven to Michigan.

“I don’t even know if they were processed on-site,” Hahn said. “We’re hearing some were released because they are primary caregivers for their children, but we can’t even confirm that.”

I would love to tell you why ICE did it this way, but I’m still waiting for that return call.

This is what we do now in America. Our government singles out brown and black children and traumatizes them, as policy. We rip their parents away from them and claim we’re protecting jobs that Americans don’t even want.

We don’t even pretend this isn’t what’s happening.

We just say this is how it’s going to be.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/7/2018, 4:59 pm

Good thing those dangerous gardeners were taken off the streets.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/7/2018, 6:39 pm

joey con carne wrote:Good thing those dangerous gardeners were taken off the streets.

Don't forget the more heinous Pizza delivery man.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joey con carne 6/7/2018, 7:32 pm

This whole initiative is pretty horrible for the reasons we have all mentioned earlier. I feel terrible for the kids being left behind.

I will never understand how they make their decisions as to who to go after. I mean, criminals vs honest people. To me, it's not a hard decision. But apparently, there must be some sort of PhD or whatever other advanced degree required to properly figure out who to deport. They must know something we don't know. It's the only explanation.
joey con carne
joey con carne

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/7/2018, 7:45 pm

joey con carne wrote:This whole initiative is pretty horrible for the reasons we have all mentioned earlier. I feel terrible for the kids being left behind.

I will never understand how they make their decisions as to who to go after. I mean, criminals vs honest people. To me, it's not a hard decision. But apparently, there must be some sort of PhD or whatever other advanced degree required to properly figure out who to deport. They must know something we don't know. It's the only explanation.

I'm fairly certain it's 100% racial profiling.

The soldier demanded the pizza man's ID even though he'd delivered to the base before and all he did was bring them the pizza they ordered. The others were planting flowers and moving dirt.

Though it seems like one major component is that they are trying to deport as many parents with young children as possible, it seems almost like a requirement. To what end? Make future families to terrified to come here?

How does that route out the cartel?
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/8/2018, 5:24 am

Anthony Bourdain Dies: Chef & Host Of CNN’s ‘Parts Unknown’ Was 61
Random Thoughts - Page 4 Rexfea13
Anthony Bourdain, celebrity chef, adventurer and CNN series host, has died at the age of 61.

Bourdain, whose Parts Unknown series launched its 11th season on CNN last month, was reportedly found dead in his hotel room in Strasbourg France, by a close friend, when he and the production crew were about to start another day’s work.

CNN confirmed Bourdain’s death and said the cause of death was suicide. The network’s media guru Brian Stelter said the cable news network waited until Bourdain’s family had been notified before sharing the news.

“It is with extraordinary sadness we can confirm the death of our friend and colleague, Anthony Bourdain,” the network said in a statement. “His love of great adventure, new friends, fine food and drink and the remarkable stories of the world made him a unique storyteller. His talents never ceased to amaze us and we will miss him very much. Our thoughts and prayers are with his daughter and family at this incredibly difficult time.”

Starting his career in various New York restaurants including the Supper Club and One Fifth Avenue, in 1998 he became executive chef at Brasserie Les Halles. His television career took off in 2005, when he began hosting the Travel Channel’s Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations and The Layover, before switching to CNN for Parts Unknown. He also narrated and exec produced episodes of the PBS series The Mind of a Chef and appeared regularly as a guest judge on Bravo’s Top Chef.

Tributes have already begun to pour in online.

CNN political commentator Keith Boykin, said: “So sorry to learn of Anthony Bourdain‘s death. He was an inspiration to me as a broadcaster, an athlete, and a citizen of the world. Just two days ago, I was telling a friend how Bourdain’s example inspired me to return to MMA training.” Actor Busy Philipps said she was “truly devastated” and called for people in need of help to “reach out”.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeMan 6/8/2018, 5:25 am

Wow, Bourdain killed himself? He always seemed like a very happy guy who was enjoying his life and last I heard he was dating Asia Argento.

But just like Kate Spade, he hung himself, though I have no idea if it was from a doorknob and much like Kate, he left behind an 11 year old daughter.
WyldeMan
WyldeMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next